[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for one of these threads. Thread theme: https://www.yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 36

File: digimane.jpg (59KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
digimane.jpg
59KB, 500x495px
Time for one of these threads.

Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYLCE5Xgy3w&list=PLC70A87E8900CFFD2&index=13

Who's your boy?

Been trying to get birdramon. Replaying this this time around when I am 26 is way easier than back then.
>>
Is Digimon World the best example of a comfy video game? It might be the absolute peak of comfort kino.
>>
>>385760253
Everything about that game is just perfect. I agree with you.
>>
>>385760253
Next Order is pretty good too if you have a PS4.
>>
>>385760428
Next Order's presentation just doesn't have that same distinct and lived-in aesthetic like the first game. Which is essential in creating a comfy atmosphere.
>>
This is definitely a game I wouldn't replay without emulation. Having the ability to quicksave during certain sections (like Centauramon's trial thing) and especially being able to speed time up is essential to enjoying this game.

Max comfy.
>>
>My rookies always evolved to numemon
>Learn so hard about this so next time instead of doing training all the time i decide to fight enemies to gain exp
>My betamon sucessfully evolved to seadramon
Best feeling ever.
>>
>>385761016
I feel this way about the second one. If you thought this game was slow and a grind, try that one if you haven't.
>>
File: 1501442654176.jpg (7KB, 129x135px)
1501442654176.jpg
7KB, 129x135px
I grew up playing Digimon World 2 and Digimon World 3. I could never find the original when I was 8.

Did I screw up?
>>
Does PCSX2 play PS1 roms or do I need to get an emulator?
Also why is PCSX2 so shit?
>>
>>385759698
I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME. I still play it every now and then.
>>
>>385761016
I think fast loading screens are the best thing about emulation. I still remember waiting for literal minutes on an actual PSX for the next zone to load, praying it didn't freeze.
>>
Found a sealed copy of Cyber Sluts last week for cheap, so took a chance on it on the basis that people have compared it pretty heavily to SMT.

How does it measure up against the better Megaten games?
>>
>>385760775
Probably because of the time difference. DW1 was going for a kind of rustic world mixed with machines. Next Order kind of modernized the world. But I can understand what you mean.
>>
>>385759698
This game is awesome, i still can remember the first time i got a wargreymon...
>>
>>385762008
No you can't. Wargreymon wasn't in it. Metal/Skullgreymon were the two highest greymons.
>>
Fuck yeah digimon thread.

I've actually been playing through Next Order the past few days. It's been very enjoyable and scratched that digimon itch. I'm not super far in, just chapter 2 but the combat has been surprisingly difficult.
>>
>>385761505
Well, if you like monster raising mechanics give it a shot. Just lurk around which version of the game is the most stable, I think one of them is buggy enough to crash the game if you open a jukebox.

DMW2 is a guilty pleasure of mine and always end up coming back to play a little bit of, I love the mechanics of acquiring and digivolving. DMW3 is a great second, shame both of the games are grindy with little enemy variety when you stop to grind. Fighting the exact same digimon for extended periods of time is boring when you have so many more.
>>
How did this game even work? I remember never getting any where because whenever I trained my digimon for the 100th time it would always turn into a shitmon and i never progress with the "plot"
i didn't even complete the game since i was so focus on not having a shitmon
>>
File: 1498917270042.jpg (19KB, 500x479px)
1498917270042.jpg
19KB, 500x479px
>>385762095
I still want to belive theres a wargraymone somewhere waiting for me to find him
>>
>>385762492
kys
>>
File: digivolution.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
digivolution.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>385759698
Digimon World is pure kino. One of the best games ever made. They don't make gems like this anymore.
>>
I heard the psp game was really good as well.
>>
>>385762651
Play almost any digimon game after DW1. That game came out before megas were a thing. In next order, you can get two Wargreymon.
>>
Why no one attempted to do a romhacking of this game, improving it and adding more digimons?

is the Digimon fanbase so small?
>>
>>385763329
Yes, there used to be threads here on /v/ discussing it when the fanmade english patch was fully released
>>
File: Amazawa.jpg (87KB, 763x1199px)
Amazawa.jpg
87KB, 763x1199px
Does /v/ like Digimon Story?
>>
Why do you faggots hate Digimon World 3 so much?

It is also comfy as fuck. The backgrounds are detailed and charming. The plot is interesting. The variety in digivolutions and attacks is huge. The 3D battles are nice eye candy. The card game is amazing and even puts triple triad to shame. It is long as fuck and there are a shit ton of secrets.

I don't understand why it doesn't get shilled more. DW3 is perfection.
>>
>>385761947
The difficulty is the only weak thing to me, easy is too easy and hard limits your options a bit too much
>>
>>385764324
I didn't play it but I heard it was basically a regular jrpg. I played digimon world 1 for the sandboxy digimon raising simulator not to play a regular jrpg.

>>385764123
Cool, maybe I'll give it a shot. I heard it's the only other game that feels nearly as good as world 1.
>>
>>385764324
It's bland, it goes too far with the backtracking without giving you any good methods of transportation to do it, and calling the card game amazing or saying that it puts Triple Triad to shame is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I don't even like Triple Triad that much, but at least that game has opponents with actual AI instead of opponents who just play the same 3 hands every time in the same order. It's so fucking lazy and shallow that the only way I could see someone liking it is if they hate card games.
>>
>>385759698
How are the sequels? Do they have you building a town and recruiting monsters like the first one?
>>
>>385764324
Plays like a regular jrpg and the ps1 had too much of it.
>>
>>385765681
Next Order does. I believe there was another one that did but it never came to Australia, so I wouldn't know.

Next Order is alright, it gave me a nostalgic kick and there's a lot of Digimon to try and make. However, there's a strange cheap feel to the game. I'm not sure if it's the washed out colours or the weightless animations, but something just doesn't feel right. Still, it's a fun game.
>>
>>385760775
And dont forget the MUSIC. It have the unique feeling and atmosphere which re:digitize lacks.
>>
Wanna replay this but considering I don't have a lot of time to play I would like to use cheats. What's the best way to use cheats with espxe?
>>
>>385766232
it was literally made in UNITY
still tons of fun though
>>
File: DSCS-Five-Min-PV.jpg (58KB, 600x338px)
DSCS-Five-Min-PV.jpg
58KB, 600x338px
>>385764294
>cell phone chan returning
>gallantmon CM, megidramon
>new dungeon ability to increase movespeed
I'm more than sold on HM
>>
>>385760428
Yes. It's a very good game imo. But DW1 has a special kind of atmosphere that is very hard to describe but is very good.
>>
>>385761373
Second one is unplayable without emulator.
>>
>>385769494
>No nokia figma yet
>>
File: 1482356576228.jpg (85KB, 424x736px)
1482356576228.jpg
85KB, 424x736px
>>385761016
The third one is especially bad with no speed up because of the grinding required to progress, long load times, slow battles, MASSIVE backtracking through areas full of forced random encounters.
The game is also vague on how to progress or clear obstacles, has no fast travel, not even a fucking map.
Not to mention actual game over should you lose a fight (some encounters could not be escaped, with ridiculously powerful digis). Lots of hours could be lost since you could only save at access points.

Thinking back I have no idea how I completed the whole thing.
I guess fanboying the franchise and being a kid is not a good combo.

Although parts of it was just fucking sweet.
>mfw getting Black Wargreymon early through branch evolution and OHKOing every mob at that level with TERRA DESTROYER
>>
Will we ever get Digimon World with a big budget and max comfiness ever again? Next Order was good, but it was clearly a vita game
>>
>>385764324
DW3 was an ok digimon game. But it was slow and grindy. The thing that threw me of is that all evolutions gets repeated through all the rookies in the evolution branch. But still has some great digimon evolutions like beelzemon, MaloMyotismon, diaboromon and imperialdramon paladin mode,
>>
File: Kotemon.jpg (55KB, 320x320px)
Kotemon.jpg
55KB, 320x320px
>>385764324
I like it, but it's actually my least favorite Digimon World on the original playstation. There's no warp to cities mechanic, there's several times you have to backtrack to the beginning city, the leveling is really slow, figuring out all the Digivolutions to get better ones can take awhile (Imperialdramon Paladin Mode requires Imperialdramon and Omnimon, which requires several mons to get either one of those). The card game itself ramps up in difficulty to a ridiculous degree and unless you're grinding cardmons, it's hard to get a decent deck going. Not too many mechanics stuck out.

It's still pretty comfy as you said, and it's still leagues better than DW4.
>>
Isn't one of the numbered sequels a Digimon World roguelike? That sounds awesome!
>>
>>385771161
The fanbase seems to have latched onto the Story games a lot more
>>
>>385764324
grindy AS FUCK. The story is cool, but I feel mad if I would be playing the fucking game hitting palm trees all day long.

And not to mention, the load times are god awful.
>>
File: 1282269414496.jpg (85KB, 425x322px)
1282269414496.jpg
85KB, 425x322px
>>385771161
We should just let Digimon World 1 be its own thing. Even re: digitize and other games that tried to replicate it just didn't quite get the right feeling down. It's just one of those games that you can come home and play, and it's simply a nice experience through and through. I think it has to try and get several details down right if they want to fully replicate it, such as going from rags to riches when it comes to making the town. Re:digitize already having the city made the recruiting mon aspect feel useless. There are plenty of mons in 1 that just sat around too, but they actually did things, like Kunemon who makes a shortcut, several ultimates take part in the arena battles, Elecmon added lights, Betamon starts off helping the shot and later adds in the fountain. It just feels like little by little, you're actually making a difference.

Not to mention Re: Digitize's moves felt so copy pasted. Several moves of different elements would effectively do the same thing, just colored differently. The 1st only had a few like that, and still made them different by making sure certain melee moves come out faster than others, or are imbued with a high chance of inflicting status ailments. Otherwise getting a new Digimon of a different type and learning all those moves felt rewarding because you could experiment and try out more stuff this way.
>>
>>385773289
Digimon World 1 is truly a fantastic and unique piece of fiction. It is almost art.
>>
>>385773289
I like how almost every digimon that you added in Next Order did something, even if it was something small. Fuck you skullgreymon. But I did like the original one that actually built buildings as you recruited digis. I also like the upgrade feature of Next Order. So I'm torn between the two.
>>
>>385773289
Have you not played Next Order?
>>
File: 1373188699000.png (111KB, 562x417px) Image search: [Google]
1373188699000.png
111KB, 562x417px
>>385774207
I actually have not. If it does that feature well, it sounds like a winner to me.
>>
File: 1501118600081.jpg (171KB, 1141x775px)
1501118600081.jpg
171KB, 1141x775px
>>385759698
For some reason when I was young I always thought the mines were poop instead of dirt for some reason.

Also I thought the currency was called "hund bits".
>>
Looking for the exp and bits patch for digimon world 3 to beat it again if anybody has it
>>
>>385774408
Pretty much every single digi in NO does something, the actual "start with a shitty camp then build a city" thing is back, and you can even collect resource to upgrade parts of the city. Your tamer even levels up. Mameo even comes back in Next Order.

I really don't know why people suck Re:Digi off so hard but then handwave NO, since personally I think the latter is better in every way.
>>
File: Analogman.jpg (19KB, 308x373px)
Analogman.jpg
19KB, 308x373px
>>385759698

you can't beat Analogman.... kids
>>
>>385774806
>I really don't know why people suck Re:Digi off so hard but then handwave NO, since personally I think the latter is better in every way.
People forgave Re's flaws since it was the first of that kind of Digimon games in years
>>
>>385774129
what DID skullgreymon do? also fucking garurumon
>I like to run and find some loose change sometimes
>once
couldn't even do it like daily or weekly or something
>>
I remember getting trapped in a loop in DW1 where I'd leave jijimon's house, airdramon would jump me, kill me and then it'd repeat. No way out since I failed it 3 times and everytime after was with a baby digimon.

It was the furthest i'd ever gotten in the game too. Always got stuck trying to get an ultimate or a good champion before my digi died.
>>
How far has all of you gotten?
>>
>>385775809
Palmon.

This game is hard
>>
>>385764294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf25niUEK8w
looks fun
>>
>>385759698
I still have my copy that I dust of the old ps1 for and play, I will never not like this game.
>>
>>385776792
>Trailer shows a boring copy paste environment
>>
>>385775625
He doesn't kill your baby digimon.

Why do you need Jijimons house if you can get rest in centaurumons clinic, retard? You have literally zero reason to go there.
>>
>>385777693
Needed to talk to him to trigger a few events and I was like, 12.
>>
Is there a way to play digimon world 4 with other players over online? that game was the shit in group of 4, but I don't have any friends.
>>
>>385778038
no
>>
Let me tell you about my boy /v/

>>385759698
>>be about 10, it's my tenth birthday
>>my family have recently brought a PS1
>>we got some games with it, that piece of shit bubsy game or something
>>Dad too cheap to buy more games
>>a few weeks later we get a call
>>a man my dad refers to only as "the chip man" is going to come over
>>being 9 i assume someone is coming over and bringing with some tasty chips
>>turns out I'm getting some new games for my birthday
>>"the chip man" works his magic and pops a game in
>>It's Digimon world
>>But it's only showing up in black and white, all working otherwise
>>Said he'll have to bring round a new copy, I assume it wasn't the PAL version or something
>>Play the shit out of Digimon World in the living room for 6 hours
>>That music
>>Those sound effects
>>I didn't give a shit about it being black and white, this game felt big and mysterious - as if it didn't want me to find and see everywhere
>>Give my Agumon my name
>>Taking myself for a shit in a videogame
>>Turning myself into a anthropomorphic shit in a videogame
>>
File: Triceramon_b.jpg (51KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Triceramon_b.jpg
51KB, 320x320px
>>385771161
I'll post again what I think a big budget and max comfiness Digimon game should be.
I think it should be an action adventure game focussed on raising, living with, and adventuring with your Digimon. It should take advantage of all of the advancements technology and AI have had since the original.
>non-segmented, non-linear world with fully control over the camera
>the further the player progresss, the more shortcuts become available
>art style that is not as clean as the anime or the latest games, it should try to capture the feel of the original artwork
>the visual style of the world should mostly look like DW1 and DW3
>plenty of side quests like Cyber Sleuth
>the game takes place on File Island, each area like Trash Mountain or Factorial Town are bigger than they were in World, has "field" and "dungeon" type areas and relaxed areas with side content and friendlier NPCs
>also just as many new areas on the expanded island
>enemies and areas should be designed throughtully, nobody wants actual flat plains or basic segmented areas in a modern game
>recruiting Digimon and collecting assets to build a town is how the player progresses
>Digimon was not a monster collecting game, it was a v-pet, so the game should modernize and expand upon the concept of raising a vertual monster
>and marry that to an action-adventure game in a rich world full of interactions
(1/6)
>>
I wish monster rancher would come back
>>
File: Digimon Lineup 1.png (2MB, 4281x695px)
Digimon Lineup 1.png
2MB, 4281x695px
>>385778994
>enemy Digimon that laze about the world can either ignore the player Digimon, chase them, or flee from them
The player can choose to approach those enemies ignoring them, giving them the option to talk to them. The player could get hints, items, or side-missions.
Or, just attack them. When in the overworld, the player would just be able to lock on to enemy Digimon and order attacks. There would be no battle transition.
There should be some sort of in-game hint collection the player can build, gathering rumors and data from all over the island on how to get certain evolutionary forms, find certain rare items, or find certain rare Digimon to recruit. This is to discourage players from looking up guides online.
>give Digimon orders like in Digimon World and Re Digitize
>enemies are more like those of action games than of JRPGs
From defeating them, the player Digimon can learn new attacks and/or they drop items, like in Digimon World.
>enemies have health bars over their heads like in Digimon World
>boss Digimon have big, grand battles full of unique moves and maneuvers, and big health bars at the bottom of the screen
>mid-bosses are like powerful and slightly more sophisticated common enemies
>animations for all of the Digimons actions, like eating
>fresh, in-training, and rookie Digimon whine when one of of their needs are unmet
The Digital Monster should feel alive, and raising them should feel charming and personal.
>make Digimon feasibly big (pic related is a scale I made to get a general idea of their size)
(2/6)
>>
>>385761505
At least it wasn't 4.

Holy shit, worst ripoff of PSO I ever played.
>>
File: 12921329_p0.jpg (451KB, 850x649px)
12921329_p0.jpg
451KB, 850x649px
>>385779079
>to deepen interaction, Fresh and In-Training Digimon can be carried around in the player's arms, and some smaller Rookie Digimon can ride on the player's back or shoulders
>the player should be able to ride their Champion and Ultimate Digimon, if they're big enough
Examples:
Ride on the backs of Kokatorimon or Unimon.
Ride on Greymon's head/neck.
Get a piggyback ride from Angemon or Frigimon.
Fly around on the back of Airdramon or Birdramon.
Ride in Big Mamemon's hand, Iron Giant style.
They could perform attacks while carrying you, and since there's no actual battle transition this shouldn't interrupt gameplay. It's just a fast way to get around and for the player to have fun bonding with their Digimon.
There will be other Digimon, like Mamemon, Giromon, Pixiemon, Nanomon, that are much too small to ride, but the player can carry them around as if they were In-Training/Rookies.
There will be other Digimon around the player's size, like Numemon, Sukamon, Veggiemon, and Raremon that can not be ridden or held, unfortunately. But you can still hug them and praise them.
Riding Digimon should be a fun way to get around, and one that should make the player feel closer to their digimon.
>mostly include Digimon from '97 to '99
More Digimon than DW1, but not a huge roster of Digimon (I'm thinking all the Digimon from Ver 1-5, Ver S, Ver WS, DW1, and most from Pendulum, with some fan favorites from 2000-2017), each Digimon should look great and have have plenty with distinct interaction styles and animations so the roster shouldn't be bloated with too many mons. The focus is on raising your monsters, not collecting a lot of them.
(3/6)
>>
File: 5482166_p0.jpg (271KB, 600x400px)
5482166_p0.jpg
271KB, 600x400px
>>385779232

>no Mega forms, I believe they drag the evolutionary trees on too long, make trees too linear, and make the player Digimon more easily overpowered
Of course, popular and beloved mainstay Mega Digimon can be put the game in as powerful, harder to obtain Ultimates (or slide forms), like H-Kabuterimon, Phoenixmon, and Metal Etemon were in Digimon World.
This puts gives the player more choice, it balances the game, and it makes getting these kind of Digimon more rewarding.
WarGreymon would a powerful vaccine alternative to virus MetalGreymon
MetalGarurumon would be a powerful Metal Empire alternative to Nightmare Soldiers WereGarurumon (which makes more sense, because one evolves onto two legs, the other evolves staying on four legs)
Magnadramon is a powerful bestial alternative to Angewomon
MetalEtemon is a slide form for Etemon attained from certain circumstances
etc
>no other humans in the game but the player
>the player's village is customization as it expands, a bit like Dark Cloud and Animal Crossing New Leaf
The player should have their own house they can decorate with things they find on their adventure or acquire in town
Lots to do in the player's village with their recruited villagers. Expand fishing, add lots of different kinds of DigiFish, add bug catching, add collectables that can be acquired through the game for Jijimon's museum or the player's house.
For living in such a village to be feasible, time should pass in real time only within city limits. So instead of a minute being an in-game hour, a an hour would be an in-game hour. Digimon the player recruits into the town should do multiple things besides their core function.
(4/6)
>>
File: 13157542_p0.jpg (98KB, 500x375px)
13157542_p0.jpg
98KB, 500x375px
>>385779309
>teach Digimon to do certain autonomous things
Teach them to fish on their own, teach them to help in the farms, teach them to pick up smaller Digimon if you want them to, depends on how you want to raise them.
>the player should be able to separate from their Digimon if they want to, within the town. The player can lead them around but they wouldn't be glued to them.
>give Digimon longer life spans than in DW1, since the game would be bigger and longer
>give Digimon more intricate needs, such as hygiene
>each Digimon has a favorite and least favorite food
>recolors should absolutely not be obtainable, they're made to be common enemies
If you want to have a humble fisherman Digimon that lives in a shack with you, you can. If you want a giant Digimon that lives in a temple, you can have that too. Or a prissy Digimon that wants to be treated like a princess.
(5/6)
>>
File: 28138129_p0.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px)
28138129_p0.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>385779395
>can delay evolving for as long as the player wish, but this doesn't increase their lifespn
>if a Digimon can evolve and the player stops them, they will try to evolve again the folowing day
When the player's Digimon wants to evolve, it will take them to a dark, mysterius screen where the player can cycle through their possible forms. The player can choose which form their Digimon evolves into (dark, cloudy, corrupted, and vague images of what the choices are, so it doesn't totally give it away)
>forms the player are not eligible to choose have no visual hints at all, it is simply a black screen
If the partner Digimon has been a selectable Digimon previusly, it would be a more clear image of their wireframe along with their LCD sprite and their name.
>make gyms more dynamic
DW3 and Redigitize collectively did them will. Each skil would have a normal training mode, a non-rigged slot mode, and a minigame that's reminiscent of the v-pet training games, unique to that skill
Defeating enemies would be much quicker than the previous World games, they would seem less inconveniencing since there are no JRPG style battle screens that slow down the game, and there would be more enemies, so you wouldn't need to train in the gym as much. But it should be there for you if you need it
>among the game's collectables, card collecting, deck building, and card battles should be a feature
Similar to Digimon World 3, many Digimon collect and play card battles. The game plays just like the PS1 spin-off, Digimon Digital Card Battle. This should exist purely in the background. This is where we would include as many Digimon as possible, from any year
>recruitable Digimon should do multiple things in town like the best World games
>can open battle arena, a fishing hole, a card battle stadium in town, and other fun stuff in town
>can open up an arcade in your town, where you can play simplistic, 80's style games with your Digimon AI as your player 2. Plays better with wisdm
(6/6)
>>
File: original digimon.jpg (417KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
original digimon.jpg
417KB, 1024x648px
>>385779497
(bonus)
Online hub. Meeting up in a hub for battles, item trading, online tournaments, card battles, and more could be a lot of fun. I'm not sure about them becoming a part of your File Island offline, but it would be cool to be able to add players you like to an in-game contacts list, so you can talk with them outside of the online hub, and teleport to each other when one is in the hub. When you get a message, a notification icon briefly appears on the screen along with a sound effect, you can pause your game and text them back at any point, or choose to drop whatever you're doing and appear at the online hub with them.
>>
>>385779587
I read your essay every digimon thread and I never stop getting excited as fuck. I want this shit so bad
>>
>>385779859
I do too. Maybe someday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2-Ugq5SEfM
>>
File: POOPSNAIL.jpg (60KB, 320x320px)
POOPSNAIL.jpg
60KB, 320x320px
So lads what was your absolute first champion, and why was it Numemon?
>>
>>385775605
Skullgreymon did nothing from what I can tell. And gururumon only gives you bits that one time, lazy bastard. I can't really think of any other digimon that didn't do anything.
Also, I wish you could zoom in on the cards or played some game with them. Would make them less of a chore to collect.
>>
>>385779309
I like megas though. But I feel like next order did a good job at giving you variety when it came to megas. I never felt like I was shoehorned into a particular digimon so long as I could obtain the right stats.
>>
Weren't you able to play the actual digimon card game in DW3? I wish Digimon Story would bring back the cards as collectables you could play with
>>
>>385760253
This and Moon on the Playstation. Maximum comfy.
>>
>>385781771
Mine was either Numemon or Centarumon
>>
>>385781771
Meramon for me, even menaged to make it evolve to Andromon somehow, even though i couldn't even unlock the gear savanna at first
>>
What's the best PS1 emulator nowadays?

last time i played was on ePSXe, but it's kinda shitty
>>
>>385766345
Agreed. I don't really recall any music in Next Order that truly stood out for me, aside from the town music and the cross digivolution theme. Every other track just felt... OK. Nothing that I would ever listen to outside the game though.

>>385776792
I liked Cyber Sluts, but this just looks like a DLC expansion of that. Wish they at least got a different battle theme or something.
>>
>>385763541
it was December last year when this game just got figured out
>>
>>385781771
Mine was Sukamon. You'd think I'd have been prepared for it since I used to use the original digivices and I should have seen it coming, but alas.
>>
>>385781771
Centaurumon. Great guy, then he passed on, leving sadness behind
>>
>>385783480
Ah shit, I'm wrong. It's a slightly different random battle theme, just about past the beginning and the end that made me think it's the same theme.
>>
>>385759698
Greymon will always be GOAT.
>>
>>385783480
>but this just looks like a DLC expansion of that.
they've basically out and called it CS 1.7 instead of CS 2, the director is being really upfront about it
hell in japan (no confirmation on international) CS is being included with it
>>
>>385783541
>got figured out
Elaborate.
>>
>>385761312
Strategy Guide
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JeQd4atb7vMlR1T3ZSdlg4ZDg

Game Manual
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JeQd4atb7vOXRBMlB4ZWJaamc
>>
>>385759698
The things that stopped me from playing is that I couldn't teach my Digimon stronger techs, I couldn't evolve it to Perfect, and I was always poor as fuck and couldn't buy shit.

Comfy my ass

Always fighting a Digimon is annoying.
>>
>>385783921
see:
>>385783807

To get money you just abuse the mojyamon trading. or do high bit battles like in the entrance to infinity mountain.
>>
>>385761816
This. I literally couldn't enter factory town or the swamp on my PSOne. I tried for six hours one day to let it load and it never did. Because of this, despite literally playing the game daily for YEARS as a kid, I never got to finish.
>>
>>385783771
Knowing exact parameters to digivolution, drop rates, how likely is it learning techniques, and some other things
>>
Who else playing DW on a Henkaku/Adrenaline Vita?
Maximum comfy.
>>
File: 1421859510327.jpg (128KB, 850x680px)
1421859510327.jpg
128KB, 850x680px
>Neither Re:Digitize nor Next Order could capture the same feeling
What went wrong lads? They weren't bad per-se but still felt, I don't know, off.
>>
i fucking adore this game my entire life and recently accidentially associated it with my most recent girlfriend, we broke up recently

talk to you guys in a few months bros

blogpost

love yall
>>
>>385784413
Not enough diskettepunk.
Not enough mystery.
Unappealing themepark-like worlds.
Too easy.
>>
>>385779173
To be fair, DW4 is pretty fun with friends.
>>
>>385784569
There's something wrong mostly with the atmosphere and aesthetic. It's pretty hard to capture that again.

I didn't like how much you could control your Digimon moves in NO either.
>>
File: 1500637218269.jpg (274KB, 756x570px)
1500637218269.jpg
274KB, 756x570px
>>385759698
Sorry, it's DW2 but I have to post the best music in that game because it's FUCKING USED ONLY ONCE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIm2PKuknA
>>
Oh boy, just im playing that. My first ultimate was pheonixmon and now im using monzaemon.
When i was kid i never could done anywhere in-game because my digimon kept diying or i got lost somewhere, playing now that i have an idea of what im doing and finally doing some progress
>>
>>385784692
This is true. Game is hella bland, but if you got three friends, start with the four different rookies and always play together, it's some good fun.
>>
>>385782392
I don't, I would rather spend more time with each stage. Most megas are pretty samey and boring too.
>>
>>385784692
It's pretty abysmal as a single player experience though.
>>
File: 1425083018525.gif (305KB, 387x402px) Image search: [Google]
1425083018525.gif
305KB, 387x402px
>Play the game until Toytown with my Champion Digimon
>Keep playing until he dies
>Purposely get a Numemon
>Go to Toytown
>Let my Numemon enter the Monzaemon suit
>Go through the rest of the game with him
>Beat the game for the first time ever with my loyal Monzaemon

I cried like a bitch when he ended up dying.
>>
>>385784813
There's never been any other game to REALLY capture that atmosphere, yeah?

Kinda makes a guy wanna try.
>>
File: Leomon.jpg (792KB, 868x1316px)
Leomon.jpg
792KB, 868x1316px
>>385784853
>the way they open the game with this
>just use other boss music for most other boss fights in the game

What a damn shame. Thought DW2 has a lot of good tunes, like the Blue Falcon theme, and the item shops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBlDMMrdL8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-dYAkL69EM
>>
>>385785115
I'd say the advancements on game development techniques and the technology itself too are too blame. DW1 was something that could only be done at that time, things have changed way too much for it to be replicated.
>>
>>385785052
Monzaemon is extremely broken for the fact that you can get him so easily and he has access to moves like Muscle Charge, Buster Dive, Thunder Justice, and Megalo Spark.
>>
>>385785052
>Purposely get a Numemon
Suuuuuuuure
>>
>>385785171
>>385784853
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIm2PKuknA
Oh man, that was the shit.

I used to start the game and leave my PS1 running forever on that battle just to listen to the music all fucking day.
>>
A shame you have to live between the gym and centaur clinic to train your digimon. Battles should give you better stat increase
>>
Post comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erU86ZT8z4I
>>
>>385782568
>Moon

What?
>>
>>385785171
That game takes 20 hours or so to speedrun, so many pointless fights. Wish they never called it Digimon World 2, was tricked into buying it as a kid.
https://youtu.be/e_Aq93su7Co?t=53
>>
>>385785584
harvest, presumably
>>
>>385785751
Ah
>>
>>385785715
Unbalanced as fuck too. You need Kugawamon's tech yes or yes. It was easily one if not the best attack in the whole game.
>>
>>385784692
>>385784896
>start with Guilmon
>earliest obtainable mega is HerculesKabu
>get to play as a sick ass bug while the others play boring ass shit
Real good feels.
>>
File: it'smoe.jpg (31KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
it'smoe.jpg
31KB, 500x449px
>tfw my last digimon game i buy was world championship on ds
>tfw i still play it sometimes.

still don't know how to get my favorite digimons without fucking their evolutions.
>>
>>385781771
My first was Tyrannomon. I got him a total of five times in a row before I just gave up on getting Greymon and going Seadramon instead.
>>
Why do Digimon threads on /v/ turn out so well?
>>
>>385785941
What kind of game is that? Is it like Digimon Story?
>>
>>385781771
I dont remember. I just remember diying a lot and somehow i think i got a mamemon
>>
>>385779075
Unexpected feels. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>385785715
>DW1 speedrun at fatest is an hour and 9 minutes, getting closer and closer to an hour
>DW2 takes 20 hours to speedrun
>meanwhile DW3 100% according to the runner would take 500 hours, but each time he's tried it he had severe issues (250 hours in had to go to the hospital, second time he goes at least 100 hours in and decides the run isn't worth it)

One day we'll get the DW3 100% speedrun.
>>
>>385786106
Digimon is comfy. I just wish it was more popular and had more frequent threads
>>
File: 1501535943650.png (230KB, 548x642px) Image search: [Google]
1501535943650.png
230KB, 548x642px
>Fall in love with Nokia as soon as I see her
>Rina shows up
>Fall in love with her as well
Help me, I can't decide.
>>
>>385786186
You need a team for DW3 100%
>>
>>385786218
play N0 with the english dub
meet rina and vee vee
vomit
never waver in your loyalty to cell phone again
>>
File: Tai yes.png (50KB, 169x165px)
Tai yes.png
50KB, 169x165px
>>385785827
>Kuwagamon's ability keeps lowering defense of all enemies
>Whamon's decreases attack for all enemies
>spam both along with having one mon spam Princemamemon's Smiley Warhead counter to do massive damage to all enemies
>>
>>385786110
>>385786110

is like an advanced tamagotchi, take care of the digimons even clean their shit, you can catch at certain levels and you can make them evolve.
>>
The game plays so fucking slow though and very time consuming. I want to like it but it just isn't resonating with me.
>>
>>385786218
Thoughts on the newest Digi-girl?
>>
>>385786438
You can always cheat code a shortcut to everything but half the game is the virtual pet aspect and executing your plan to get the digimon you want.
>>
>>385786218
>>385786314
Himari is the most underrated Digimon girl. Why does nobody like her?
>>
File: 1500733763099.jpg (433KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500733763099.jpg
433KB, 1280x720px
>>385786581
Her design is retarded-cute.
>>
File: DCSHM_anime08.png (4MB, 1920x1080px)
DCSHM_anime08.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>385787031
>>
>>385759698
Is Next Order any Good? Saw it on sale. Played Cyber Sleuth and thought that was pretty decent
>>
>>385787273
Yes. It definitely worth it.
>>
>>385783807
thx famalam
>>
>>385787273
Next Order and Cyber Sleuth are two completely different genres, mind you. Besides being about Digimon, there's little similarity between the two.
>>
File: Nokia.jpg (38KB, 640x900px)
Nokia.jpg
38KB, 640x900px
>>
>>385787714
Why doesn't Bamco make figures of the cyber sluts?
>>
What if Agumon was in Smash?
>>
>>385787714
too human and annoying roastie I prefer Gatomon or Renamon
>>
>>385775809
Never got passed Pixiemon
>>
>>385788069
As long as he can transform into Greymon
>>
>>385775809
Beaten the game on several occasions. It's basically the only game I can keep coming back to every single year since release.
>>
>>385787714
She's seriously named Nokia?
>>
>>385788319
Got a problem with that?
>>
>>385788203
He can warp to Wargreymon only, Rumble Arena style. :^)
>>
>>385788407
>omega X
why tho
>>
>>385786218
Nokia all day every day. Even without taking her hotness into account, she's the best character in the game.
>>
>>385788416
Man I'd kill for a rumble arena with a proper budget and competent dev team
>>
Speaking of Digimon games, why the fuck is Rina in everything now?
>>
>>385784853
Fucking love that track.
I haven't played DW2 since I was a kid, but I still remember it perfectly.

>>385785171
These too.
>>
>>385785941
Championship is pretty fucking comfy too desu
>>
>>385788791
I played that game for hours and hours getting everything and every mega unlocked. Only to be murdered from range by a friend spamming fucking bunny blast and terrier tornado.
>>
even if N0 was a bit lacking in the comfy, ExE was probably the coolest battle mechanic
>omegamon alter emo giving kicking your asses
>Extra Xross Evolution
>Accentier starts blaring as susanoomon goes nuclear
also accentier apparently exists nowhere online aside from a mega download thanks to sony jews, so that sucks
https://mega.nz/#!NU8DQQKR!9LDivdWSj9lCQv_DfnMMr__Q6fbY38fgENVfzRdIBkM
>>
is the PS3 game worth getting?
>>
>>385791481
ExE saved my ass on too many occasions to count. Too bad when you max out your digimon, ExE becomes useless.
>>
is cool edgy Omegamon catchable in N0?
>>
>>385792494
>catchable
you can DNA digivolve them post game, yes
>>
>>385792494
You can also get a digivolution item to turn your dudes into him.
>>
>>385792579
>>385792704
awesome thanks
>>
>>385759698
Playing this after next order is rough. They spoil you so much compared to the original.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.