[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to make a Paper Mario partner and rate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15

File: Paper Mario.jpg (115KB, 468x330px) Image search: [Google]
Paper Mario.jpg
115KB, 468x330px
You have 10 seconds to make a Paper Mario partner and rate the others you see.
>>
Is this the stealth Pro Mode thread?
I'm a little disappointed in the difficulty past Chapter 2 once Power Plus is available.

On a side note I never knew you could give Anti-Guy a lemon drop in the base game, found out by accident because I'm an autist that likes citrus confectionaries.
>>
Reposting this from the last thread.
>First partner's a gangster Shy Guy that's only working with you out of fear of getting caught by the cops, instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
>Second partner is a former Dayzee musician who puts enemies to sleep and can get you past Thwomps and blocked pathways
>Third partner is a Chuckya who isn't really comfortable doing what he's doing, because he's enslaving the inhabitants of an island. He can throw Mario to higher ground
>Fourth partner is a Dry Bones named Deaf who thinks he's the Grim Reaper, but he isn't, yet nobody can tell him because he's deaf. He can fit his head under narrow passageways to press switches for Mario
>Fifth partner is a Snow Pokey that can launch it's segmented body parts to hit switches, and only wants to adventure outside of the ice caps for once
>Sixth partner is a Bully who's naturally immune to the radiation affects, he rushes at doors to break them open like a Bob-Omb would do to explode them
>Seventh partner is a Bzzap! that can fly Mario across long gaps, while also having a fear of heights, flies, and oxygen in general
>Eighth partner is a Koopatrol in cardboard armor who was the tutorial boss, sad that Bowser won't notice him at all, he joins you. He hides Mario by throwing a cardboard box over him.
>Final partner is an amnesiac female Toad who appears multiple times in the game, sometimes tossing you items or disguising as enemies. She can hide Mario to help him get through the castle, but it has a recharge time and it's temporary. It turns out she's actually a Duplighost in the credits.
>Optional partners include a Torpedo Ted that's a war-veteran with PTSD that can go through water, a Magikoopa gamedev that can turn blocks into items, and a secret one that's actually just Luigi poorly disguised as a Goomba so he can adventure with Mario on these crazy Paper journeys for once
>>
>>385751079
>The first and last ones
10/10
>>
Chain Chomp with a top hat and monocle
>>
>>385752534
Does he bark in sophisticated ways?
>>
one of those weird monkey things from mario party advance but he has a hat or something
>>
>>385750416
difficulty plummeted for me at shy guys toybox, the only fight I had to redo was the anti-guy guarding the chest and even then I beat him first try with mega rush and bow shenanigans
>>
File: 1492746163202.png (699KB, 1550x1957px)
1492746163202.png
699KB, 1550x1957px
Shygal
>>
>>385749425
A slacker Monty Mole who you meet at a mining operation. Because he's slacking off he avoids getting caught up in the chapter trouble and has to put in some real work together with Mario to save his coworkers.
>Overworld ability is the ability to burrow underground similar to Vivian, but this ability only works on soft ground and lets you move around.
>Basic attack has him burrow underground and move right toward the enemies. Time the A-button press to pop out from under them, flipping over enemies like Buzzy beetles.
>Secondary attack lets Mario Bunker underground, avoiding all damage for a round.
>Third attack lets you throw three wrenches with the A-Button while a reticle moves up and down like throwing eggs in Yoshi. The amount of wrenches increases by 2 when fully upgraded.
>Fourth attack calls forward three remote controlled Bullet Drill Bills that burrow underground and pop up to explode with the A-Button similar to the basic attack.
>>
>>385753038
More like social gal who has the hottest gossips on everyone and everything you encounter due to her being glued to social media all the time. She keeps getting trolled by this one neckbeard named Anonymush though.
>>
>>385752920
Yeah, lanturn ghost is far too simple even with a permanently disabled partner after the second turn. General guy is laughable due to watt/lightning still piercing armor. Just started C5 but I'd imagine the entire chapter is going to be a joke since he left Ice Power in the game. I had assumed he would put it somewhere else (read: after C5) like they did with Spike Shield in C2.
>>
>>385753038
This.
>>
>>385750416
I took power plus early but now that I have fp saver -2 its too easy other than reworked boss fights. Damage dodge and quake hammer in early chapter 2 were too op.
>>
Has anyone playing pro mode managed to get all the starpieces?
>>
>>385753038
What if she's actually an on model Shy Gal that uses stilts and pokers to look like she's larger?
>>
A Snifit breakdancer that distracts the enemies in the area by doing an absurd dance.
>>
Nabbit. Its just Nabbit.

Tackle, Does damage
Speedy slide, He just runs fast and tackles into all ground enemies
Nab, like tackle but has the added benefit to steal an item 25% of the time, if the enemy is holding an item normally raise to 100%
Bag Toss, pulls things out of the bag and throws them, usable on both enemy and ally, if used on Mario it gives FP/HP/Star Point restorations
>>
>>385754123
Pls respond
>>
Buffalo Bullet Bill

a bullet bill with a cowboy hat saying typical cowboy jargon

use him to move around fast, get over certain obstacles or run into enemies to get first attack
>>
>>385756905
Nice.
>>
>>385753509
Shyguy spear chucker killed me once looking for yoshi's hits very hard if you don't block him. I'm at the volcano about to find out how much ultra partners help.
>>
How did last thread go? I kinda fell asleep in the middle.
>>
>>385759292
Basically, everyone came up with original ideas. The most liked of them all was >>385751079
>>
>>385750416
I multibounced almost every fight and cleaned up with the partner, 6 damage to every enemy for 1 fp, good shit.
>>
I remember seeing one design of a partner of a fan made game that was a Pionpi and I thought she was a qt
>>
>tfw the more you play paper mario 64 over the years the more you start to realize nintendo gave up maybe 60% of the way through the game
>>
File: 200px-Th13Yoshika[1].png (99KB, 200x403px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Th13Yoshika[1].png
99KB, 200x403px
>>385759470
a what
>>
>>385759460
I was able to meme through all of late Ch2 as well as Ch 3 and 4 with Bombettte's power bomb + multibounce/quake even without flower savers. I can only image how crazy it will get with her ultra ability and some savers. Swap to bow for 10 damage per round on unarmored ST with no penalty since quick change is only 2 BP for some reason.
>>
>>385759630
Examples?
>>
>>385759630
I dunno what you mean, chapters 7 and 8 are some of the best in the game.
>>
If you abuse Power Bounce, you're a total scrub and should kill yourself for making the game's combat boring as hell.
>>
File: chuck_sumo.png (459KB, 1189x359px) Image search: [Google]
chuck_sumo.png
459KB, 1189x359px
A Chargin' Chuck that took too many blows to the head and thinks he's a sumo wrestler.
>>
File: 120px-Pionpiartwork2.png (20KB, 120x112px) Image search: [Google]
120px-Pionpiartwork2.png
20KB, 120x112px
>>385759646
those Chinese ghost things from Super Mario land
>>
>>385759685
I almost never had to power bomb, only a few times. I'd use either power shell or spiky surge depending on enemy formation. Fire shell with ice enemies. Max power plus with all or nothing and spiky shield/ice power. Hack was really tough early, but like the original, grows easier the more resources you get. It still made it really fun to replay and should be pretty good once it's complete.
>>
A robot goomba called a roomba
>>
>>385759745

>koopa bros chapter is great
>tutankoopas chapter is great
>tubba blubba chapter is great
>shyguy toybox chapter is great
>jungle/volcano chapter is linear and boring
>flower fields chapter is the worst thing ever with backtracking
>ice palace chapter is linear and boring with backtracking
>last chapter is just okay, final boss is anticlimactic

>>385759826

You're retarded if you think that crystal palace chapter is one of the best. Seriously. You are stupid.
>>
>>385759972
I thought those were ninjas
>>
File: Star Beam.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Star Beam.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>385750416
Yeah, Pro Mode is fun, but it isn't too hard since you're still able to output big numbers. If you haven't yet, you should fight the boss refights because some of them are good. By which I mean Koopa Bros are huge assholes.

Tip for them : Star Beam dispels all buffs like Transparency and Electricity.

I'm doing the No SP challenge right now and it's fun fucking about with all the badges I like.
>>
File: 200px-GreenGlove.png (30KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
200px-GreenGlove.png
30KB, 200x157px
A Baseball Boy with a huge foam finger and a baseball bat, has baseball themed effects.
>>
>>385760134
damn
>>
A magikoopa who gets kicked out of the magic school because he revealed a trick in his magic showcase to the audience by accident, and was banned. Like Gob Bluth, only not a complete and total asshole about everything.
>>
>>385760134
>I hate linear!
>I hate backtracking!
Which is it
>>
>post yfw jr troopa would be the perfect assist trophy for smash bros but it will never, ever happen
>>
>>385760134
You complain about the backtracking in 6 and 7, but not in Dry Dry Desert or Shyguy's Toybox?
>>
>>385760736

Both are completely awful.

You also have to add in the "and boring" part on the linear ones.

Linearity is only bad when it's extremely boring.

Backtracking is always bad though, especially when its ALSO boring and handled poorly. Like Flower Fields.

Flower Fields is a fucking awful chapter.

Shyguy's Toybox has backtracking, but it's not boring backtracking.
>>
>>385760913

>>385760978
>>
>>385760978
>but it's not boring backtracking.
How is it not? You're constantly flipping back and forth between the town and toybox whenever you hit a wall.
>>
>>385761237

>whenever you hit a wall

?
>>
A cute college co-ed goomba girl working on her archaeology thesis who's casually attracted to Mario
>>
>>385761697
Depending on if it's blind or not it would be as follows:
>Enter Toybox
>Acquire Key
>Exit Toybox and obtain Train
>Reenter Toybox
>Obtain Frying Pan
>Exit Toybox and get Cake
>Get the Dictionary and Note
>Exit Toybox and translate Note
>Reenter Toybox and repair tracks

Then the last station doesn't require another exit.

Even if you already know the contents of the note, you still need to exit to get the Train and the Cake.
>>
a talking can of paint!!!

no, wait, that's ridiculous.
>>
>>385761697
Do you really need me to explain what "a wall" means
>>
Minus8- style Shygal model trying to be something more than a pretty mask. Gets really upset whenever anyone compliments her on her looks, and joins Mario so that she can broaden her horizons. Functions like a mix between Mrs. Mowz and Goombella in battle.
>>
>>385761837
Hey this is a thread about NEW partners!
Y'know I really cannot take female goombas seriously since I saw that one creepy music video by that one neckbeard.
>>
>>385762031
I actually kind of like the idea of a "sexy" character that tries to improve themselves. It's a good message to send to kids.
>>
>>385761954

Yeah, and you do all of that while dealing with the silly and magical toybox stuff and finding everyone's things within the toybox. Not boring.

>>385761965

No. Wanted to know how anyone hits a wall and is stumped by shyguy toybox is all. It's obvious what each of the items do and what they go towards.
>>
File: SuperKoopaMario.png (99KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
SuperKoopaMario.png
99KB, 225x249px
A young Koopa obsessed with super heroes. He's a huge fan of Mario and Bowser who he thinks are famous actors and wants to land a role as Mario's sidekick. Throughout the game he finds out the truth as well as learning how to fly.

>can cape spin an enemy, later gets a version that has him spin through all enemies and make them dizzy
>can wave his cape to have enemies target him instead of Mario
>can fly up and slam into the ground, causing a massive earthquake
>>
Donkey Kong Junior/the second.

A shell-shocked ape with a low opinion of himself, issues with responsibility, and a strange mistrust of Mario. Starts out as a recurring boss, but near the middle of the game is saved by Mario and decides to repay his debt. Often makes references to his family, and how he regrets leaving them.
>>
>>385762267
But you're not doing anything really silly just beating up Shy Guys and backtracking to the owner and then backtracking to the toybox and repeat and repeat. The only clever thing was having to throw the toycar from the outside.
>>
>>385762267
>and you do all of that while dealing with the silly and magical toybox stuff and finding everyone's things within the toybox
replace toybox with flower fields and "within the toybox" with "in the fields"
>>
File: .jpg (79KB, 695x657px)
.jpg
79KB, 695x657px
>>385762186
Sexuality cannot exist in the Mario universe even if sexy designs find their way in from time to time. Nintendo is the Disney of video games, remember.
>>
>>385762267
Somehow I don't think he meant "wall" as in "I don't know what to do". He probably meant something that forces backtracking.
>>
>>385762585
Well, then maybe her sexiness can't be commented on. They can just say she's a popular model, and she could complain about people only liking her because she's "famous". Let the player fill in the gaps.
>>
>>385762584

Are you actually claiming that flower fields is on par with shyguy's toybox?

Even the fucking music to flower fields is lazy and boring and everyone there except the big tree is a total offputting asshole. And Spike sucks. And the boss sucks. Even the fucking sun is a depressed asshole.

Flower Fields is fucking garbage compared to the Toybox. There is nothing magical about flower fields, except when you get to fucking leave.
>>
>>385762979
just pointing out your blatant bias over the same scenario except with a different skin
>>
>>385763064

It's not the same scenario at all whatsoever. You are helping people in the town find their lost stuff and making their day.

The flowers you trade items around with are total assholes that you HAVE to help in order to progress.

One of them thinks shes perfect, one of them thinks shes too good for being saved by a tubby plumber instead of a prince, one of them is a huge bitch about not wanting to plant the seed to save flower fields because she has a hangup about the seed growing and being "locked down" by its roots forever, the sun is a depressed and cynical asshole who tells you to give up, there is that fucker in the well who is picky about his favorite berry and shit.

Add that with the shitty enemies, the shitty music, the fact you gotta find those 4 seed bulb things to even get there. Seriously. Flower Fields is garbage compared to Toybox. When is the last time you played Paper Mario 64?
>>
File: baseball boy.png (331KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
baseball boy.png
331KB, 1280x800px
>>385760242
I have autism so I actually sketched this out
>>
File: 1438937269032.png (122KB, 355x283px)
1438937269032.png
122KB, 355x283px
>>385764381
nice
>>
>>385763593
Not that Rosie isn't a turbocunt and Lillie isn't an airhead, but Petunia isn't particularly rude.

She doesn't know that you need the bean to save Flower Fields and she more like pleads with you to not plant it. She also says it's not so bad being rooted aftter you restore the sun. I wouldn't really call her a bitch.

What's wrong with the enemies anyway? Besides Dayzees taking fucking forever to attack.
>>
File: 1499366388981.jpg (135KB, 888x1097px)
1499366388981.jpg
135KB, 888x1097px
>>385749425
>mfw wacka attacked me back
>>
>>385764381
My finger points.
>>
>>385749425
I had this idea for a chapter that parodies the holocaust and the story of Schindler's List.

The idea of a rouge group of Bullies are keeping hundreds of dry bones prisoners and putting them through forced labour behind the scenes for their public business. One Bully wants to liberate these Dry Bones by sneaking them out though his own business, a front inside of another front, but things go sour and Mario teams up with him to save the day.
>>
>>385759470
that's some dumb shit buddy
>>
>>385764381
>>385760242
Not even a bad idea. Something unique for once that isn't just some random 10 year old's waifu vaguely related to mario
>>
>>385764381
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE
>>
Haven't seen any suggestions for some Mario enemies. I'm a bit rusty so I'll try to come up with some later, but any ideas for a Goonie, Ninji, or one of the various Koopa bros (Hammer, Boomerang, Fire, etc)?
>>
>>385762326
That seems fun and in line to what IS would do. The revelation thing may be tricky to pull off cause Bowser is such a character.
>>
File: Skit_(ToS).jpg (69KB, 644x480px) Image search: [Google]
Skit_(ToS).jpg
69KB, 644x480px
What do you guys think of Tales of
style skits between the partners?
. I literally just now thought of that and it seems like it could be a good way of character building. It was always a shame that all the good character designs got wasted not doing much character building because all they get is a few lines here and there that are slightly varied.
>>
>>385767182
Jesus Christ what did I do to the formatting.
>>
I have an idea of partners that each have their own storyline to follow as they eventually grow

Mariachi shy guy who levels up by increasing his band size, largely a support partner(s).
A dry bones that you eventually revive to a koopa and later a para troopa
One of those dinos from SMW thats all flattened so you eventually have to get him back to original size
A Bro with no weapon so you eventually have to earn his fireball, boomerang and hammer

I'm sure we could introduce some newer enemies as partners but I'd prefer to keep it small and add them to the group early so you arent stuck with partners you hate
>>
>>385767182
That sounds fun as hell.
>>
>>385767493
Cool.
>>
>>385767182
I'm stealing this for my game
>>
just beat pro mode, final fight was laughably easy with dual power plus, all or nothing, d-down jump, turbo charge and cloud nine
>>
>>385770495
I know, it fucking sucked.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.