[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do DaSbabies never have a single argument against Dark Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 28

File: DaStards trigger alert.jpg (1014KB, 1200x1575px) Image search: [Google]
DaStards trigger alert.jpg
1014KB, 1200x1575px
Why do DaSbabies never have a single argument against Dark Souls 3 that isn't "it's bad because I don't like it", "it's bad because DaS did it differently" or "it's bad because it's not how I wanted it to be"?

Is there anything wrong with the game or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>385747912
>Is there anything wrong with the game

>vanilla too easy save for a few bosses
>shitty bonfire placement
>stamina cost for rolls too low
>vit sucks/there's no real poise, only hyperarmor
>most infusions suck
>no powerstance
>no bonfire ascetics
>>
>>385747912
Their arguments are actually valid, although I don't agree with them personally. I think it's a good game.
>>
File: B8TtFVrCEAElc-N.jpg (35KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
B8TtFVrCEAElc-N.jpg
35KB, 600x338px
>>385747912
Best boy ENB put DS3babies in the burn ward today by saying he might want to do another playthrough of DS2 over playing DS3 again
>>
All I know is it was the first time I finished a Souls game and didn't immediately want to play through it again. As I later found out I had experienced everything the game had to offer on the first playthrough, with a few very minor exceptions. The NG+ added nothing. It also had some really dull areas like Farron Keep, Road of Sacrifices, Crucifixion Woods, and Catacombs. The boss count was extremely disappointing after Dark Souls 2 (almost 40 with all DLCs?), and even still it had some bosses that were boring and too easy, like Wolnir, Deacons, and the dragon. I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it came before Dark Souls 2, but DS2 had so much variety, non-linearity, length, and replayability to it (even for its faults) that it just made DS3 feel like a regression in many respects.

The DLCs added a lot of value though, and 3 of the 4 bosses were incredible. It's too bad they wasted a boss slot on a stupid PvP gimmick.
>>
File: 1480430337835.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480430337835.png
260KB, 620x640px
>Vanilla bosses have barely any health
>DLC bosses have tons for some reason
>>
File: 1495479621357-2-1-1-1.jpg (340KB, 1024x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-2-1-1-1.jpg
340KB, 1024x395px
>>385747912
Never played it, the only one I've played is Bloodborne and haven't bothered with the series since.

I'm at the age now where I need mental stimulation and a challenge from vidya to keep me interested. I appreciate for the millennials generation they prefer things being made a lot less difficult to keep them engaged but it's not for me.

I can't get over how your hand is held every step of the way and how there are core game mechanics that make that game so easy (I laughed out aloud when I realised you regenerate health as you damage an enemy).

I went in blind and platinumed it in 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.
>>
>>385748560
I thought the gimmick was cool, considering that was one of those things people were talking about and (maybe not on /v/) calling for over the years.
>>
>>385747912
>hurr durr I'm such a faggot that I don't understand constructive criticism, so I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist!
>>
File: dsg14.jpg (78KB, 640x359px)
dsg14.jpg
78KB, 640x359px
>>385747912
>DaSbabies
DeS / DaS1 / Bloodborne master race here
>>
>>385748787
I should have mentioned that I thought it was stupid because the network is so fucking bad in Souls games. I beat the boss on my 3rd try. All 3 attempts were extremely laggy. The first two lagfests went against me, on the last one my "boss" disconnected, and that's how I beat it.
>>
>>385748817
See
>>385748738
>>
>>385748690
Because it's DLC, the idea is that you play the DLC content after you've already beaten the main game.
>>
>>385748738
>tfw to intelligent for bloodborne
>>
I actually liked the vanilla game. The dlc was tedious though
>>
>>385748949
That's fair. They actually held up alright pretty consistently on my end, but knowing From I wouldn't be surprised if that was just luck.
>>
File: trollcromartie.jpg (14KB, 448x333px)
trollcromartie.jpg
14KB, 448x333px
>>385748817
>implying dark souls, let alone CASUALBORNE is anywhere near the level of Demon's
>>
>>385747912
It's literally just a few buttblasted DS2cucks samefagging. Pretty much everyone else unanimously agrees that DS3 is a way better game than DS2.
>>
In a vacuum, DS3 is an excellent game.

As compared to its predecessors, it's something of a letdown due to a few design decisions, but I still greatly enjoyed my time with it.
>>
File: 1262831138564.jpg (34KB, 239x238px) Image search: [Google]
1262831138564.jpg
34KB, 239x238px
>>385749076
>to intelligent

Oh the irony
>>
>>385748412
Soulsborne games were never about difficulty. Bloodborne is the easiest game in the series and yet it's by far the best.
>shitty bonfire placement
There's a bonfire at Dragonslayer armor and one 10 meters later. Big deal
>stamina cost for rolls too low
And stamina cost for shield blocking too low in DaS
>vit sucks/there's no real poise, only hyperarmor
You can't say it's bad just because poise works differently and you don't like. I didn't like poise in DaS, this comes to personal preference. Poise was op as fuck in DaS. Now poise is used to prevent staggering when you attack.
>most infusions suck
I can give you this one I guess, never infused in any game, no idea how it works.
>no powerstance
But it has weapon arts which are 10 times better. WA alone puts DaS3 miles above DeS/DaS/DaS in terms of gameplay and depth.
>no bonfire ascetics
You're right about that.
>>
>>385749261
Dark Souls is barely playable but Demon's Souls is hot trash
>>
>>385748412
Dark Souls 3 is not any easier than Dark Souls 1.
>>
Too fast, tank build sucks, magic sucks, they fucked up the hexer, they removed powerstance, removing bonfire asctettticks so you can't redo bosses. Other than that it was pretty great.

also: not a big lorefag but the ending sucked. I wished they did something neat with the painter.
>>
>>385749261
Demon's Souls is janky piece of shit.
The fans keep spouting "muh atmosphere" because that's really the only thing Demon's Souls does well aside from the level design.

The atmosphere, visual and audio presentation and level design in Demon's Souls are top notch, the gameplay mechanics are garbage and bested by even ds2.
>>
File: 1500145550509.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500145550509.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>385749358
these summerfags jesus christ
>>
>>385749358
Hahaha you told him m8 XD
>>
>>385748738
Nothing wrong with that, a game can't perfectly serve the needs of everyone.

In my mind, Souls games are a bit of a compromise to provide older gamers with a taste of the borderline frustrating sorts of challenges they grew up with, but with enough modern concessions to accommodate the fact that those same gamers are older, generally don't get to play as much anymore and have lost a step or two as a result. For me, the difficulty is generally as close to my ideal as I could ask for in a game. If you still play as seriously as you seem to, I'm not surprised it wouldn't present enough challenge and imagine it would be incredibly difficult for From to cater to both of us.
>>
File: 1480371436660.jpg (23KB, 301x275px) Image search: [Google]
1480371436660.jpg
23KB, 301x275px
My main issue with Dark Souls 3 is that its linear as fuck like Bloodborne. Also weapon arts are stupid and are clearly shoehorned in because of Bloodborne engine.
>>
>>385747912
The main reason DS3 is my least liked DS game is that armour is literally worse than useless. You waste levels on VIT so that you can have clothing that barely protects you and provides literally no poise except of certain attacks of a few certain weapons.
>>
File: 1501446520972.jpg (56KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
1501446520972.jpg
56KB, 1420x946px
>>385749379
>WA alone puts DaS3 miles above DeS/DaS/DaS in terms of gameplay and depth.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>385747912
My biggest issue is that medium roll are way too good and chugging is way too fast.
>>
File: 1491298382695.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1491298382695.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>early game build diversity is nonexistent
>spells are poorly balanced
>defense based builds are nearly nonviable
>poise was turned off
>all phantoms can chug estus out the ass
>bonfires every ten feet
>too many mobs are stunlock based and are piss easy if you get around that stunlock
>too many bosses are gimmick based, in which the only viable way of beating them is their uninteresting gimmick
>they removed powerstancing
>using magic means having less healing ability because of two different estus flasks
>holy fuck everything looks all grey brown and shitty
>why the fuck are there so many references? why couldn't they come up with original ideas?
>fucking Solaire, Siegmeyer and Anor Londo are back, how creative
>why do I have to teleport back to the hub to level up? this is so tedious
>armor upgrading is gone for no reason
>upgrading shields just raises the stability and only slightly at that
>I have to get half way through the game to get the necessary materials to get a melee weapon that's decent for a faith or luck build
>poison is completely and utterly useless now, great
>acid surge was nerfed because no fun allowed, I guess?

That's just what comes off the top of my head.
>>
>>385748560
I want to love DaS2, but the movement is just so unpleasant to me. Makes it completely unplayable.
>>
File: (You).webm (344KB, 426x236px) Image search: [Google]
(You).webm
344KB, 426x236px
>>385749610
>>385749618
>le only pretenting to be retarded meme

Be gone kids
>>
>>385749963
good riddance.
>>
>>385749963
>why the fuck are there so many references? why couldn't they come up with original ideas?
It's almost like they all take place in the same world or something.

I swear Dark Souls is the only place where people actually get angry about callbacks and continuity.
>>
>>385749801
>Bloodborne engine
>>
>>385749963
>too many mobs are stunlock based and are piss easy if you get around that stunlock
I'd also add that if you don't get around it, e.g. with a slow as fuck weapon, they're far too difficult
>>
Is Ringed City the worst souls DLC?
>>
>>385750313
>3 excellent bosses, 4 if you liked the PvP gimmick
>great lore
>interesting areas

I wish they let you explore more of the ringed city, but that was about the only issue.
>>
Honestly i love the souls series, i dont know why but the gameworld and the story are awesome but every game in the franchise has so many flaws.

DkS1 had bad performance and cancerous mechanics especially in multiplayer.

Dark Souls 2 had this disgusting connection problems and weird gameplay feelings

And dark souls 3 had this broken poise and hyperarmor system

Yeah basically every game is disgusting but i still played them cuz im a faggot
>>
>>385750494
You forgot to mention clusterfuck of healthsponge enemies anon.
>>
>>385750174
In Dark Souls 2 they've made it clear that literally dozens of kingdoms have risen and fallen in the exact same spot in the time between the first two games, the world having fallen into darkness and been reignited numerous times to the point where more and more sacrificial lambs are required. In Dark Souls 3 this problem has compounded to the point of needing 5 extremely powerful sacrifices to keep the flame going, implying that it has been equally more millennia in between the second two games. From DaS1 to DaS3, thousands and thousands of years have passed and hundreds of nations have fallen and been forgotten.

Yet, Astora is still somehow a place and is still giving it's knights the exact same armor as it was thousands of years ago, Catarina is still somehow a place and is still giving it's knights the exact same armor as it was thousands of years ago, and Anor Londo is still somehow a place and you fucking visit it. It even has Shiva of the East's corpse for no fucking reason.

It's not callbacks and continuity, it's buttfucking in unneeded references to make the audience feel pandered to.
>>
>>385747912
DS3 sucked BBs cock so much that there are flowers in the fucking kiln
>>
File: 1501362723101.png (112KB, 288x318px) Image search: [Google]
1501362723101.png
112KB, 288x318px
>>385747912
>Shitty bonfire placement
>Shitty bosses
>hp pool is stupid and only makes the fight last longer and being a boredom
>Lore is shit
>MUHHH FANSERVICE
>Builds are shit
>Miracles are shit
>Magic is shit
>Enemy design is boring and repetitive
>Online is shit and it´s full of faggots
>Lvl design is fucking awful
>Lineal as shit

STOP HATING MY PERFECT GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>385749801
>Also weapon arts are stupid
How? They add a whole new layer of depth to the gameplay for both pve and pvp, fit the gameplay perfectly and feel fresh as fuck.
>are clearly shoehorned
Do you know what shoehorned means anon?
If there are shoehorned then why the fuck are there so many of them? Why the fuck are they unique? And why the fuck is it obvious they spent a shitload of time on those animations and effects?
There was easily as much thought put into them as there was for transforming weapons.
>>385749843
Armor works fine for reducing damage, not AS MUCH as in DaS, but DaS was completely unbalanced in that aspect. Sames goes for poise. Maybe it's too weak here, but it was too strong in DaS. Both are shit.
>>
>>385750564
Best response.

You may love this series, but that doesn't make you less of a faggot.

In the end, they're all terrible.
Embrace it.
>>
>>385747912
its bad because it offers no challenge because they give you shit tons of estus, estus heals you from 0-100 near instantaneously, you can drink estus infront of anything and roll away before it can even react, rolls give retarded amounts of i-frames and almost cost no stamina, elemental infusions are total dogshit leaving quality as the only thing worthwhile, bonfires are littered everywhere for no reason, invasion areas are gigantic and invaders can hardly find the host because its not segmented, weapon arts are total fucking shit outside of the dlc ones and gundyr's which are just 1 trick ponies that are garbage in pve anyway, ALL bosses are just 1hr1 spam with straightsword and roll when they do that big long windup- sometimes you can just spam r1 and they get stunned letting you r1 them even more then do critical and take out half their hp, armor is fucking useless, and the original DS3-only armors look like shit.
>>
>>385747912
it's the most accessible and mainstream dark souls game, and this can be seen as a flaw or a benefit.

Personally i love this game and the flaws i can see with it is some bosses are stupidly easy (wolnir) and bonfire placements aren't as good as other games. i don't mind putting one bonfire for each boss, i assume they put that in so you can cash in souls/put your summon sign at the door easier, but there are some dumb ones.

I like this one just as much as the rest of the series, it's not flawed enough to be called bad by any means. it's a good game. but for some reason, dark souls 1 dicksuckers think the game is some kind of god level masterpiece, and they think all the rest of the series is terrible.
>>
>>385750593
You mean like in any other Souls game, anon ?
>>
>>385750593
I like healthsponge enemies, they are actual difficulty as opposed to "artificial difficulty" like idiots here claim.
>>
>>385750313
It's very close to it. Tons of cover-based sections which do not fit in the series, period, and a bunch of wasted geometry and potential the player will never explore.

Dreg heap is without a doubt one of the worst zones I have ever played without even having the issue of being too challening, they're just unfun. The Ringed City swamp (let's be real it's the only meat of exploring what very little space you can of the city) does nothing to salvage the awful linearity and shortness. Bosses are good but that's about the only good thing I can say about it.
>>
>>385750964
dont know why but i guess its taste, if you like something so much that you just take the problems the game has.

There are alot of games like that
>>
>>385750910
You know where armour is pretty well balanced?
DaS2.
VIT and ADP balance it out, since you can choose to level VIT, and use heavy armour at the cost of rolling, or level ADP, and have better rolls at the cost of heavy armour.
Poise works by still letting you be stunned, but heavier armour with more poise reduces the time it takes to snap out of the stun, meaning a good player can still take advantage of the stun even if the enemy has lots of poise.
Armour can still be upgraded, meaning even early-game sets can carry you through to endgame as you find more and better titanite to keep it relevant.
Clearly DS2 has the best armour as well as most other features.
>>
>>385749968
i never understand it when people say this. i played dark souls 2 sotfs first, then played dark souls 1, and i thought it was so slow, clunky, and stiff. dark souls 2 feels a little floaty, but i prefer it over one. i don't get it.
>>
Are there ANY bosses in DS3 that are any good?
>>
File: 1421657233490.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1421657233490.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>>385748817
>yfw 2fags and 3fags argue over which game is second worst
>>
>Ds2>Ds1>Ds3
>>
>>385751140
>Hit a 10000000hp sponge is more difficult that hit a 1000hp sponge

It´s the same faggot, the tricks about enemies in fucking arpg and adventure games is to not being hit, but guess what, with that 100000 bitch you´ll need like 2348924398234 to win without taking a risk, the problem is that you are neither a 1 SLVL autistic that doesn´t roll or you are a normal human being that doesnt have asperg.
>>
>>385751278
I give you stiff and clunky, but DS2 is objectively slower than DS1
>>
>>385751394
I would say healthsponge is difficult in the same way rhythm games are difficult. You have to learn a pattern and keep it going for some amount of time until you win.
In Guitar Hero, losing was the crowd booing you off, in Dark Souls, losing is dying.
Not saying I like it, but it's a way to look at it.
>>
>>385748738
you fucking idiots this is an old copypasta when will people stop replying to this
>>
>>385751278
If you play DaS 1 first, everything has a very heavy, grounded feeling to it. A sense of weight. I could see someone taking it as slow and clunky too, but that's literally what a lot of us liked about it. The floatiness of the sequel was a huge departure to the point of almost making it not feel like Souls combat anymore.
>>
>>385749963
You're right about everything but #14. Literally only DaS1 has "free" leveling.
>>
>>385751684

You get five free levels in DS3. Jesus.
>>
>>385749963
fuck that shit
>>
>>385751746
Did you actually read the post i replied to?
>>
>>385749728
you're replying to a copypasta
>>
>>385750594
but time is convoluted, anon
>>
>>385749963
>early game build diversity is nonexistent
What about all the weapons you find early game then?
>spells are poorly balanced
Still miles better than DaS
>defense based builds are nearly nonviable
True, you can't make memeshit havel builds. But you can still play tank just fine.
>poise was turned off
It was reworked
And this is bad because?
>bonfires every ten feet
Any exemple other than dragonslayer armor/grand archives?
Explain this one, not sure I understand
>too many bosses are gimmick based
This has been a thing since DeS. DaS3 still has the most good bosses and they are easily the best in the series. At least the gimmicks are cooler than in previous games.
>they removed powerstancing
Weapon arts are better
>using magic means having less healing ability because of two different estus flasks
Which makes sense since magic is OP in souls games.
>holy fuck everything looks all grey brown and shitty
Because the world is reverting to an age of dragons where it was grey?
There are tons of original ideas, tons. References are there because it's the last game in the series and ties everything together, also Lothric is the same place as Lordran, and people said they wanted it to be like DaS.
>why do I have to teleport back to the hub to level up? this is so tedious
Opinions. I like hubs more and soulsborne games are all hub based except DaS.
>armor upgrading is gone
True.
>upgrading shields just raises the stability
what is it supposed to do?
>I have to get half way through the game to get the necessary materials to get a melee weapon that's decent for a faith or luck build
True I guess, never tried faith/luck
>poison is completely and utterly useless now
Also true
>acid surge was nerfed because no fun allowed, I guess?
Because it was too strong?
>>
>>385751394
Health sponges force you to actually beat the boss instead of lucking through it. You have to get a sense for what the boss does and avoid their attacks several times at minimum, ensuring that you actually deserve to beat it. It also ensures that you're meeting the gear and level requirements to beat it. There is no argument against high boss HP, you're an idiot. A massive HP pool is the only way to make a boss that feels epic to fight, anything else is just underwhelming trash.
>>
>>385751394
Enemies need to have some HP to actually activate some mechanics. If enemy can be damage rushed during let's say a phase change then all his patterns are useless. Other than that longer duration of a boss fight will make sure the player can't get through the boss as easily by just healing with estus after hits even when he can't dodge for shit.
>>
>>385749379
>But it has weapon arts which are 10 times better. WA alone puts DaS3 miles above DeS/DaS/DaS in terms of gameplay and depth.
I wish, most of the weapon arts are useless and accomplished nothing that couldn't have been done without them (like the dragon weapons in das1)
>>
>>385750313
It's actually the best, on par with Old Hunters.
>>
>>385751484
i'll agree with that to some extent. i honestly feel ds2 is a better entry to the franchise than ds1, though, but i'm biased as fuck
>>
>>385752197
On the upgrading shields point, I thought it was brilliant in DS2, being able to infuse shields to increase resistance against certain elements, example the magic shield had 95% magic resist, you could use a faintstone on it to get 100% at the cost of stability and all other defences. Not sure why they took that away from DS3.
>>
dark souls 3 is the best dark souls and also the easiest dark souls
>>
>>385751586
that makes sense. I me see it as an improvement, a change for the better, some other people see it as an unnecessary/unwanted change
>>
>>385752490
Dark Souls 1 was easier if you bothered using a shield. Dark Souls 3 still has the easiest rolls.
>>
File: zojeiTZ.jpg (676KB, 1520x855px) Image search: [Google]
zojeiTZ.jpg
676KB, 1520x855px
>>385747912
quick reminder

the only bad game in the souls series is
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>385751684
and das1 is still the best dark souls, what's your point.
>>
>>385751856

Oh, you mean "free" as in "unfettered". A thousand pardons.
>>
>>385750964
you're honestly not wrong. each dark souls game can be painfully esoteric and dated, even though i'm almost positive this is intentional. But I enjoy each one anyway.
>>
>>385750594
>From DaS1 to DaS3, thousands and thousands of years have passed
Except you don't know that. But what we do know from Solaire is that time is fucked and there is no point in trying to figure it out. Time in souls obeys to different rules. And with the flame fading it's even more fucked. And a lot shows that not THAT much time has passed for 1 to 3.
>and hundreds of nations have fallen and been forgotten.
You literally can't know that either.

Also Dark Souls 2 takes place on a different continent, we can't know where it takes place in the timeline, and nobody linked the fire there, this is why all the das2 references are less obvious than the das1.
>>
>>385750594
time and space are warped as fuck in lothric.

also i feel like a gigantic idiot for not realizing that corpse was shiva of the east.
>>
>>385751278
>>385751586
In DaS it honestly felt like you the player were slower, but enemies are definitely faster than in DaS2. I don't really like how easily enemies outspeed you in DaS.
>>
>>385747912
>Des does it different
Dark souls 3 was basically dude Demon's souls lmao
>>
>>385752585
>what's your point
That it shouldn't be used as a counterpoint when 3+1 out of 4+1 games use the hub leveling system.
>>
>>385752197
>What about all the weapons you find early game then?
>straight sword
>eastern straight sword
>straight sword
>straight sword
>straight sword
>battle axe that is strictly worse than a straightsword
>straight sword
>straight sword
>straight sword
>dagger
>halberd
>spear
>straight sword
>whip
>straight sword
>straight sword
>straight sword
>straight sword
>straight sword

such variety
>>
Demons Souls wasnt perfect either.
>>
>>385752197
>What about all the weapons you find early game then?
Yeah and what about all the weapons that take hours to reach? What about all the weapons necessary for some playstyles that the game lets you start with being mid to late game? You can be a caster, but your weapons are going to be gimped for a long time because you have to pick between increasing your casting stats or melee stats, and you aren't going to have a melee weapon that scales with casting stats for a long time. It's made even worse by making the starting spells nearly useless, making you incredibly ineffective in combat for a long time.

>True, you can't make memeshit havel builds. But you can still play tank just fine.
I disagree, armor upgrades are gone, shield upgrades are near useless, poise doesn't exist and you will be raped by a naked guy with hyperarmor every time.

>It was reworked
Into nothing. You can wear full havels and be stunlocked by a bandit knife just as easily as if you were nude.

>Any exemple other than dragonslayer armor/grand archives?
The undead settlement? Anor londo?

>Explain this one, not sure I understand
Many of the standard enemies in the game are designed in such a way that they have very fast, medium damage chain attacks that can stunlock you. If your build is not good at dealing with stunlocks, you're very well fucked. If your build is good at dealing with stunlocks, most of the game becomes a piss-easy slog.

>This has been a thing since DeS. DaS3 still has the most good bosses and they are easily the best in the series. At least the gimmicks are cooler than in previous games.
They're still more plentiful than ever and it's still bad design. Saying that previous games did it too doesn't make it any better.

>Weapon arts are better
Why can't we have both? Why do weapon arts necessitate no powerstancing?
>>
>>385751227
that's called overlooking the flaws, and it's common in pretty much any game or other form of media. dark souls is seriously flawed, but it's fun enough for most people to overlook them. people seem to think dark souls 1 is the least flawed of the series, when it isn't, the flaws are just different.
>>
>>385750313
>Worst souls dlc
>Not ashes of anus
>Not crown of the whatever the one that had sinh (sinh was good that's it)
>>
>>385747912
I think most people who liked DS1 enjoy 3 though?

2 on the other hand... oh boy
>>
>>385752849
DaS threw you absolutely slow bosses in big part. You went through the really fat demon, another fat demon and Capra which was still plenty slow. DaS starts with that giant, then Pursuer that was decently fast and had more range which meant you couldn't just backpedal from his like from Capra, and then goes through Sentinels and a whole lot of fast humanoid enemies.
>>
>>385752803
>>385752806
>Time and space is convuluted
Retards still not realizing this is the explanation for summoning and nothing else
>>
>>385752197
>Which makes sense since magic is OP in souls games.
Start a sorcerer in Dark Souls 3. You will be fragile and nearly unable to fight, considering you need estus flasks for your main mode of combat. Tell me how overpowered you feel.

>Because the world is reverting to an age of dragons where it was grey?
Something being shit because of a headcannon lore justification doesn't make it any less shit.

>There are tons of original ideas, tons. References are there because it's the last game in the series and ties everything together, also Lothric is the same place as Lordran, and people said they wanted it to be like DaS.
See >>385750594

>Opinions. I like hubs more and soulsborne games are all hub based except DaS.
You can still put all the shit in the hub, but there are some things that don't require it. Why can I only burn bone shards in the Firelink bonfire? It's just padding for time.

>what is it supposed to do?
Upgrade defenses?

>Because it was too strong?
How was it too strong?
>>
>>385752923
its a perfectly valid criticism, just because it was only featured in one game doesn't mean it wasn't a flaw in das2 das3 and especially loadborne
and while the argument indeed falls under "das did it differently" that's not a valid reason to dismiss it.
>>
>>385750728
>Shitty bonfire placement
Anything other than the DA/archives one?
>Shitty bosses
Best bosses in the whole soulsborne franchise, BY FAR.
>hp pool is stupid and only makes the fight last longer and being a boredom
In every DaS3 thread people complain that hp pool is too low wtf?
>Lore is shit
Same as DaS but more complex
>MUHHH FANSERVICE
This is bad because?
>Builds are shit
Not as good as DaS2 and not as OP as DaS
>Miracles are shit
They really are not and some spells are TOO strong.
>Magic is shit
It's really not, use a proper build
>Enemy design is boring and repetitive
boring is an opinion, not a fact. Also enemy design is more varied than DaS, and enemies feel better to fight
>Online is shit and it´s full of faggots
Literally the same as before but with better netcode and hitboxes, and a wider variety of used builds. Also how the fuck do you care about people's sexuality?
>Lvl design is fucking awful
Level design is the peak of Miyazaki's talent anon. What sucks is the WORLD design.
>Lineal as shit
le linear is bad meme

>STOP HATING MY PERFECT GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I NEVER said DaS3 is perfect. But 's a damn good game, objectively the best souls game, and the second best soulsborne game after BB.
>>
>>385751287
ill take the bait, fine

I enjoyed every boss except for the pathetically easy ones like yhorm, deacons, wolnir, and the ancient wyvern.

What bosses besides those obvious ones would you call bad, and why?
>>
>>385752803
>You literally can't know that either.
In Dark Souls 2 there is a boss weapons vendor that was petrified. When unpetrified, he references the kingdom he came from that was literally in the exact same spot as the one you're in now, as well as several others that came before it. He was frozen for so long that his nation died and Drangleic popped up and fell before he was freed. It's in the game.

>and nobody linked the fire there
Nigga they built a long-standing throne room for people to sacrifice themselves to the fire, what are you talking about?
>>
>>385749379
Wow, they added a shitty situational move to 90% of weapons, and they made special moves cost mana instead of durability. I am very impressed!
>>
>>385749379

You can't actually believe that about weapon arts
>>
>>385753245
Well that's why I didn't mention bosses though. I'm talking about how some enemies just have blatantly faster attacks than or at some point decide they have a lightning fast attack that does way more damage than their normal ones. Manserpents and crystal undead soldiers are just two examples, where they have a lightning fast lunge attack that does nearly double the damage in addition to being 3x faster than their normal attacks.
>>
>>385753409
>Best bosses in the whole soulsborne franchise, BY FAR.
Fuck yeah dude. I especially love those bosses that you can attack their weak points for massive damage.
>>
>>385753409
>boring is an opinion, not a fact
and games are subjective, that's a silly thing to state, there's no objective qualification for what makes something "good" everything that you like about a game is based entirely in opinion, not fact, you can't quantify what makes something fun or good, only state what in your opinion you enjoy or dislike.
>>
>>385753409
>all of these things are only problems in your opinion
>DaS3 is objectively the best souls game

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ummmmmmmmmmm ummmmmmmmm uhhhhhhhhhhh ummmmmmmmmm
>>
>>385753464

A lot of /v/ might be faggots, but i'm not trying to trick you. What you like is your own business.

I just finished DS3 today, actually, and i'm torn. Some bosses I enjoyed, but they still let me down because I didn't know anything about them before fighting them, which made the music kind of...ironic. Big fight feel, but no idea who you're fighting or why. And they still suffered from the "roll in attack roll out" weaknesses.

Aside from that list, i'd say Sulyvahn was shitty, and the final fight with the soul of cinder was a massive letdown..
>>
>>385749379
>WA alone puts DaS3 miles above
>in terms of gameplay and depth

>depth
>literally superior in every way to normal attacks, only balanced by adding a special meter to the game that limits their usage, and hardly at that.
>As opposed to DaS/DaS2 where special weapon moves were just tied to R2 or powerstance, and had zero affect on the balance of the sandbox because they required certain circumstances to activate them that were reinforced by the gameplay.

go back to school m8
>>
>>385753160
i liked crown of the sunken king a lot. i thought the sheer expansiveness of the area was really cool, great backrounds. however, fuck the temple. the temple is bullshit especially the level 5000 bullfuck pyromancer you have to fight. otherwise i enjoyed the dlc and the area, it was a huge difficulty spike from the normal game though, and sinh was indeed amazing.
As for worst dlc, it's probably trashes of ariandel. short and shitty, and uninteresting. I though all the dlc in ds1 and ds2 was fine, same with bloodborne, ashes was honestly my only dissapointment
>>
>>385747912
>want to be a knight for my first playthrough like I always do
>heavy armour is worse than useless, actually gimps my character
>two handed swords are only barely useable, not fun
>shields are useless
>try to play magic instead because it was fun in DaS2
>Magic is shit, does no damage
>have to use my estus for MP, almost none left to heal
>Basically no health or stamina because I had to pump my VERY limited levels into INT and ATT
>all the good spells are so far in the game I just gave up

It's like NO FUN the game. Use the three good weapons and no armour or go fuck yourself.
>>
>>385754543
What pyromancer? Jester Thomas? I have literally never had a problem with him on any of my many, varied builds.
I think you just need to get good.
>>
>DS2 you get three rolls
>DS3 you get thirteen

roll souls 3.
>>
>>385754543
I liked the other two crowns, I just found crown of the sunken had boring areas and I didn't care for gank squad and blue smelter.
As for the best dlc it's a toss up between aota and the old hunters
>>
>>385750313
Haven't played it

I really disliked base DaS3 already, and I felt like I got robbed with Ariandel, so I just dropped it entirely
>>
>>385754587
trust me, i'm with you. 3 is the worst of the trilogy. but almost all of that has been fixed a long time ago. big str weapons are one of the best classes, heavy armor gives you massive hyperarmor frames, and sorcery is mostly viable through the whole game except high-tier pvp
>>
>>385754756
Bloodborne also has 13 and is best game
>>385754856
Ringed city is leagues above ashes. I felt cheated by ashes but Gael is one of the best bosses in the series
>>
>>385755004
Bloodbourne is based around dodging and parrying, with little armour and only one shield in the whole game.
Trying to port that into a Dark Souls game was a mistake.
>>
>>385755004
Bloodborne also gutted 50% of the items and simplified all the combat mechanics to be a full-blown action game. It also had way less iframes when dodging.

It wasn't a Souls game.
>>
File: image.png (49KB, 204x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49KB, 204x193px
>b-but Dark Souls ALSO did this
>Dark Souls 2 did this worse
>it was copied from Bloodbourne thus its GOOD

Why can't DS3fags defend this shitty game based own merits instead of deflecting all criticisms?
>>
>>385754119
no b8? gr8 m8

anyway, i'm a bit confused what you mean about not knowing any of them before fighting them, because for the most part in souls games i feel like most bosses are a bit "okay who is this and why do i care" which is a part of the lore that you gather through items. Most of the time you're just fighting to progress, and the boss is the gatekeeper and there is no bigger reason that that, just look at dark souls 2.
You're totally right about roll in roll out weakness, but i feel like that's prevalent in most bosses of other games as well.
Soul of cinder is a bit of a letdown, yeah, i always make the nameless king the final boss i fight. talk about a fucking challenge. I never fight pontiff without an npc summon, he's annoying as fuck with his infinite combos.
If i had to pick favorite bosses, it would be nameless king because he's the most challenging for me, midir because it's a cool giant dragon fight (even if he does have too much hp) the twin demons and prince, dunno why i just found this one to be extremely fun, and that's it honestly. looking at the full list, there really were a pretty small amount of bosses compared to 1 and 2, pretty sad.
>>
File: 1493668661125.webm (1MB, 1000x572px) Image search: [Google]
1493668661125.webm
1MB, 1000x572px
>>385747912
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>385754668
yeah, him. he always had tons of health and did a ton of damage to me, maybe i was underleveled
>>
>>385755004
I watched a playthrough of it recently and didn't like what I saw either

I don't know if it's actually shit though or if the DaS3 and the first DLC were just so bad to me that it entirely killed my interest in the series
>>
>>385754775
thinking about it, blue smelter and gank squad are pretty shit bosses (both optional though.) i mainly just like the area and sinh, but only 1/3 bosses being good is a pretty good point
>>
>>385754962
Maybe I'll try a magic build again, but I hate this hyperarmour shit. I miss when armour actually protected you from shit.
>>
>>385755663
I know it's a shitty excuse, but those bosses are apparently designed to be coop'd to death. Any time you see those weird stone gravestone things, the next area is intended for coop.
>>
>>385755728
>I hate this hyperarmour shit
still a huge improvement over ds1's poise. though i do wish there was an upper poise threshold that gave minor ds1-style poise to a hit or 2 from small weapons.
>>
>>385755495
Also it actually had interesting covenants.
>>
>>385755949
Or just do it like DaS2, where you'd still be stunned, but it would last longer or shorter depending how much poise you have. Then a good player can still take advantage of the pause, if it's short, while it still provides a tangible benefit regardless of weapon used.
>>
NG+ is a fucking joke and an insult

literal artificial difficulty
>>
>>385756056
i was focusing more on the current issue of dagger stunlock regardless of your poise because it always hits before your hyper kicks in.

but ds2 did have a great system
>>
>>385756157
>>385755495
DaS 2 did NG+ better aswell.
>>
>>385756157
Why why WHY did they not copy DaS2? With all the extra enemies, extra spells, extra items? Without those there's literally no point in NG+ aside from bragging rights.
>>
>>385755906
coop is so fucking wierd to me in the entire dark souls series. it's in the game so you can fucking team up and get help but whenever i summon help i feel like a pussy for not being able to do it by myself. luckily the only boss i ever summon help for is pontiff, ornstein and smough because it's fucking stupid fighting both at once, just a bait fest, and the ivory king because fuck all the stuff you have to do before you can actually fight him.
>>
File: kiln of the first flame.png (171KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
kiln of the first flame.png
171KB, 512x256px
ive only played a little bit of dark souls 2 and bloodborne, but ive played all of dark souls 3, but is there any other level as beautiful or visually incredible as this any of the other souls games? i couldnt believe it when i first saw it.
>>
>>385756253
laziness
>>
Linear
>>
>>385756157
i agree with this 100%, it pisses me off. why the fuck is there no ng+ in ds3 when ds2 had a GREAT ng+. it's sad and dumb.
>>
>>385756279
Once I've solo'd a boss once, I don't feel bad about summoning for most of my runs. Interacting with other players and being stupid together can be fun, so I only refuse to summon for challenge runs.

Also is anyone else getting a captcha bug where you press verify and the whole thing goes inactive? So fucking annoying.
>>
>>385756371
not laziness, just stuff pushed off the agenda so it could meet the release date, and triple A game devs are scared to make major additions and patches to games after release outside of dlc
>>
>>385756564
DS2 had a terrible development cycle, they still managed it.
>>
>>385747912
Un-ironically my favourite in the franchise.
>>
>>385749379
t. Bamco shill
>>
>>385753517
>Nigga they built a long-standing throne room for people to sacrifice themselves to the fire, what are you talking about?
The whole story of DaS2 was that Vendrick refused to link the fire and he and his brother tried to find a way out of the cycles.
>>
it plays the best of the trilogy but it didnt feel very memorable
>>
>Fight Soul of Cinder
>Suddenly Gwyn on phase 2
What was the point of this
>>
>>385756337

It's literally the last boss area of bloodborne, but with a "dark sun" instead of a moon.

why are there flowers growing in a kiln?
>>
>>385757102

>REMEMBER GWYN?!

Because of this.
>>
>>385757102
Because he's the first Lord of Cinder? Did you have trouble understanding the final boss?
>>
File: tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg (102KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg
102KB, 640x360px
>>385756337
ds3 had the best atmosphere

>going into irithyll for the first time
>going to the cathedral of the deep for the first time
>>
das3 would've been so much better if it just had bonfire ascetics and an alternate path to get to irythil
>>
>>385757194
>flowers in a kiln
i dont know but it looks great.
damn now ive got to play bloodborne.
>>
>bonfire spam ruins the tension of resource management
>copy bloodborne's pacing, but not its mechanics, so you can roll forever without running out of stamina
>Ignore all the improvements 2 made like magic being fun and useful, PvP having good mechanics, bonfire ascetics and early NG+, among others, because it got criticism so we better copy 1
>on that note, gutting build variety and all the crazy shit you could do in 2 and still be viable, and giving us useless garbage weapon arts to make up for it
>even after a year's worth of balance patching straight swords are obscenely overpowered with high damage, low stamina usage and crazy phantom range, toppled only by expansion power creep FOTM builds
>linear as fucking shit with no notable skips or alternate routes, makes it fucking miserable to replay, even 2 got this right
>levels aren't even good looking or creative, they're all drab dungeons, swamps and castles. again copying bloodborne without getting it right like bloodborne did.

These are my gripes with it. Honestly its best asset is the fact that it's got a great boss roster, the best in the series as far as I'm concerned; beyond that, it doesn't have much worthwhile that other entries didn't do better.
>>
>>385757576
>i dont know but it looks great.
>damn now ive got to play bloodborne.

Pretty much the entire reason DS3 was made
>>
>>385753314
>Tell me how overpowered you feel.
I don't, that's my point. I feel just as powerful as the other classes, while in previous games I knew I was OP. Now it's balanced
>Something being shit because of a headcannon lore justification doesn't make it any less shit.
But I really liked the tone and atmosphere it gave to the game. I like filters when they are well done. One of the reasons I really love old hunters is that oversaturated grainy blue filter.
>Why can I only burn bone shards in the Firelink bonfire? It's just padding for time.
Ok I give you this one. Never really thought about it but you're right, it could have been done at the fire.
>Upgrade defenses?
I was asking because I didn't know. Never upgraded shields/armors or infused a weapon in any soulsborne game. I guess you're also right on this one, but it'd make sense to nerf it since they did it for armors. Looks like they wanted to push players into trying different and more aggressive playstyles.

I've always played those games naked with either a straight sword and shield or a claymore, and even without caring about defense builds it was obvious they wanted me to lose the shield. DaS3 became my favorite after BB and is the only game where I'm constantly changing my weapons and respecing just to have fun with them all (even in BB I'm just using the saif and kirkhammer). Tried doing that in DeS/DaS/DaS2, it felt like shit and I kept using a claymore and shields.
>>
>>385747912
>Is there anything wrong with the game or are you just shitposting?
pvp is just spam r1 with one handed sword to win
pvp is almost always 1 vs groups of 2 or 3
rolls are way too overpowered and unable to punish
armor is near worthless
>>
>armour does basically nothing, no difference between sets
>basic broadsword weapon better than anything you'll ever pick up
>roll through everything, making shields pointless
>NPC quests require a guide or a precog level of foresight, rendering them too obtuse to be played properly
>everything about the story relegated to item descriptions and loading screens

as an ARPG, it's shit on every single level.
>>
>>385749963
Fucking christ this is the worst
>Get invaded
>invader runs up to me
>gets shit kicked in
>runs off and uses estus behind a bunch of enemies
>keeps doing this and only ever attacks me when I'm fighting something else
>probably goes on online forums and complains that invaders get too big of a disadvantage
Nigger, you're just supposed to be an extra difficult mob. I'm not supposed to waste all my estus on you because I have a whole level to go after you
>>
File: longsword-icon.png (3KB, 64x100px) Image search: [Google]
longsword-icon.png
3KB, 64x100px
>>385758047
>broadsword weapon better than anything
opinion discarded
>>
>>385758159
>get invaded
>they stand behind enemies
>I wait for them to move
>they don't
>can't get rid of them
>can't use bonfires

gg
>>
>>385758159
Just summon phantoms.
>>
>>385752979
Dude, what the fuck? SS, dagger, longsword, hammer, club, whip, halberd, katana, claymore, rapier, spear, that cleaver from the naked girl, you get a scythe before the tree boss, and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some. You get vordt's hammer but I think it requires a lot of strenght. If you consider Abyss watcher to be early game you have their weapon too.

What more could you possibly want?
>>
>>385751306
This is funny because anyone with half a brain could see that dark souls 1 is easily the worst souls game.
>>385750564
>>385749591
>>385748412
>Das1 babbies
Kill yourselves retards, youre just mad you cant pop havels on and cheese the entire game, dark souls 1 easily has the worst poise system and armor system.
>>
>>385758214

>lower base damage
>lower str scaling

pls
>>
File: spear backstab.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
spear backstab.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>385755495
Way more backstab/ripose animations
>>
>>385758159
I chug my estus till it's empty, point at them to do the same, and duel to the death with no healing. I know I'm gonna be returning to a bonfire anyway afterwards. If they don't empty their estus, I disconnect.
>>
>>385758241
Just go to the boss. If you enter the fog, the phantom disappears.
>>
>>385758467
> I disconnect.
>softbanned
>>
>>385758404
>longsword gets a 5 hit combo
>broadsword can manage a 3 hit combo if the stars align right and the tech guy at your isp sneezes on a control panel at the same time
>>
>>385758525
Hasn't happened to me yet. Not like I'd be missing much anyway.
>>
>>385758516

>Just go to the boss.
>just run through the level you're fighting through, and ruin the game
>>
>>385758532

>combo
>not just spamming r1 to get 7-8 hits in
>longsword babbies
>>
>>385758312
But I wanna play alone without having to commit suicide every time I beat a boss. Just give us an ember instead of embering us.
>>
>>385747912
I mean from what I've played I enjoyed so far, I've only played the first two bosses. But I don't own a copy of my own Ive been really wanting to play it, I think it looks cool and looks the most fun to play with friends.
>>
>>385758671
Just play offline? It's not fucking hard to do.
>>
>>385758421
Did DS2 have special backstab animations for Scythes?
>>
File: caestus-icon.png (3KB, 64x100px) Image search: [Google]
caestus-icon.png
3KB, 64x100px
>>385758665
it must be nice to only ever get matched against vegetables
>>
File: 1488023817616.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488023817616.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
What the fuck was the point of moundmakers?
>>
>>385758839

It's DS3. You can stunlock anyone by coughing too close
>>
>>385758875
Fuck around with killing phantoms and/or dueling.
>>
>>385758887
my statement stands
>>
File: 1473066124629.jpg (287KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1473066124629.jpg
287KB, 2560x1440px
>>385749379
>Soulsborne games were never about difficulty. Bloodborne is the easiest game in the series and yet it's by far the best.
>I can give you this one I guess, never infused in any game, no idea how it works.
Sonybros confirmed literal retards
>>
>>385758875
successfully invading someone without having to rip and tear through 30 re-summoned phantoms
>>
The thing that no Dark Souls got right is probably two handed swords. They always feel more clunky than they should, you use them with two hands to make them as fast as one handed swords in one. That and how there is pretty much no useful block/parry option on weapons themselves. I really dig parrying with Sword instead of using a shield.
>>
>>385759963
ds2 did both of those things
>>
>>385760057
Nah fuck you. Two handers were still plenty slow and had especially Ultra Greatswords had ridiculously short and late parry window.
>>
>>385755495
Spells weren't fucking gutted. The only viable spells in 3 were crystal delete spears and other high level straightforward damage dealers, and even then you had to use 2 rings to be worth anything in a single discipline.
I miss my soul greatsword/chaos firestorm/WotG mixups.
>>
>>385759963
Nah. The game shouldn't reward you with a faster moveset if you're two handing. Especially since one-handing requires a higher STR requirement.
Fucks balance up.
>>
>>385759963
>>385760391
what if wearing heavier armor made great weapons swing faster?
>>
>>385760391
That's more of a problem with either roll being too good or you being able to switch to one handing with shield anyway. You might even get rid of STR boost.
>>
>>385760254
super parries were a thing of beauty and were perfectly fine

>>385760361
as mentioned earlier in this thread, if you haven't played since dlc dropped, a lot of changes happened. sorcery is viable and requires mixups. spamming soul spears will only get you killed now. sorcery and pyro are a thinking man's game and a proper user won't even need the damage rings

offensive miracles are still generally trash unless you're hyperarmor casting stakes
>>
>>385758241
Seed of a giant tree?
>>
Played through the entire game and the ringed city DLC bosses have retarded health pools. Doesn't help I did a full pyromancy build, though.
>>
Is there a more terrifying sight than seeing the host you invaded, in a wide open area, with no phantoms around, waiting for you and beckoning you closer? Honestly it's more intimidating than any gank squad will ever be.
>>
>>385758321
>What more could you possibly want?
viable weapons
>>
>>385748412
One thing I hated in Dark Souls 3 was most of the bosses have a 2nd form. You think you killed the boss, nope 2nd form. Dark Souls 1 and 2 did not go overboard with that(you usually ran into a boss or 2 that did though).
>>
>Enter Boreal Valley
>Fight that monster on bridge
>Kill it despite it dealing massive damage to me
>Can't continue more till I find the doll

Where the hell can I find the doll?
>>
>>385764537
Maybe explore the other fucking route the game presents you
>>
>>385763713
Only happen with DLCs bosses though. Yes bosses in base game often have a second phase but they get to it once they're at half health.
The only ones I can think of doing this are Friede and Demon Prince. Others don't have one healthbar for each phase.
>>
>>385765595
Also Soul of Cinder, Abyss Watchers and Homoprinces (makes sense in their cases), forgot them.
>>
File: 1500751276787.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500751276787.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>DaS3 has good enemy desig-
>>
>>385763713
>multi phase bosses
>bad
lmao
>>
>>385766942
Not him but while I like multiphase bosses, DaS3 did a shite job with them.
Shitting out another health bar gets tedious as fuck after a while and BB handled phases in a much more natural manner.
>>
File: 1489235604140.jpg (7KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1489235604140.jpg
7KB, 223x226px
>>385749358
>>
>>385767749
>Ebrietas
BB had its shit bosses too though
>>
File: 1490577875831.jpg (27KB, 294x325px) Image search: [Google]
1490577875831.jpg
27KB, 294x325px
>>385767869
>Ebrietas
>more than 1 hp bar
>>
Aren't you sure you didn't mistyped Dark Souls 2?

Because DaS2 is the one with those critics and DaS3 is the one with legit problems.
>>
>>385766942
I think you mean multi form bossesm but I am not saying they are bad but DaS3 was flooded with them.

I don't mind bosses where they have new phases when they reach certain level f health but when you kill them and they have another form, that can get annoying. I don't mind it if they do different forms if you are fighting the final boss and sometimes a boss in the middle of the game.

Again DaS3 was loaded with multi form bosses which gets tedious.
>>
>>385747912
Does anyone else just hate Dark Souls 2 because of how the movement feels or is it just me?

That games gives me a headache after an hour of playing because of how it looks and feels.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.