[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is up /v/ I'm looking for some good PC h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 45

File: imscared3[1].jpg (40KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
imscared3[1].jpg
40KB, 1400x1050px
What the fuck is up /v/

I'm looking for some good PC horror titles that aren't shit. That's asking a lot, I know, but I'm looking for something with some depth to it, not just jumpscares all the time. I just bought IMSCARED and played it all the way through to the 4 endings, and the "jumpscares" weren't even scary, but the game itself was definitely really creative and unique. Making txt files on my desktop and at one point making me change my system clock to advance a puzzle, it just felt really fucking cool to play.

I really want to replay Alien: Isolation, played it back when it came out but quit before I even reached the Alien. I've heard it's extremely good so it's installing now, but I'm just looking for anyone's suggestions regarding true horror titles. Screamer games are annoying, not scary, the brief 1 second heart attack isn't anything memorable whatsoever - but metahorror games are just fantastic. Games that know you're playing, and you know it knows. Every launch of IMSCARED was different, and the more I learned about the story, the more things I could do. It felt really dynamic and changing, especially shit like this that was left on my desktop:

https://pastebin.com/CGuSXxsC

Looks pretty fucked up on pastebin if you're not looking at the raw output, but it's a map that revealed a hidden passage. Pretty cool. Also lock.txt appear on my desktop, and instead of finding a key in the game, just deleting the file unlocked the gate. Do any other metahorror games even exist? This genre seems like, if done right (IMSCARED kind of fell flat at some points), can be simply amazing and terrifying as a storytelling medium. Playing that game almost felt inspiring to me just to create a game similar to it, but I know I don't have that ability.
>>
>>385747553
update: just saw that a game called "I SEE YOU" was inspired by IMSCARED, and follows the same pattern. He posted an update on his gamejolt page saying this:

>Someone had mentioned that they were able to use a decompiler to decode my game and look at all the scripts and assets and recommended that I use a protection for it but the thing is I’m completely aware that I did it that way.

>I didnt protect it like that so that if people wanted to make a game like mine but didn’t know where to start they could do that and deconstruct my game and build around it.

This is pretty interesting and makes me want to fuck around with this kind of genre, I know basic programming but it'd be great to have a starting point.
>>
I have the original Polybius file if you're interested. The one without the meme shit.
>>
>>385748124
>original Polybius file

Isn't Polybius an arcade game? As in, an actual arcade machine that's only been rumored to exist?

The whole thing always seemed like a "spooky story" that later turned into the meme shit.
>>
lostboy
>>
>>385747553
> buying imscared
Pretty sure it's a free game.
>>
>>385748480
can we stop with this creepypasta bullshit and post actual games
>>
>>385748619
They updated it with a bunch of new endings and put it on steam for $4. Was definitely well worth it, it expanded upon the original which I played when it came out. Totally new environments and just a whole new experience, I can't imagine playing the freeware one now.
>>
>>385748480
That's just a straight up backdoor RAT disguised as a game.
>>
>>385748634
>He hasn't played lostboy.exe
>Thinking it's just creepypasta
>>
>>385748281
Yes, it was an arcade game, but it was remade for the PC and had some spooky stuff in it. It was really subtle though, so it was only noticeable by attentive players.
The problem is that there were so many rumours and shit going on that it gained a lot of attention and got another release, which had in-your-face ''Be afraid of this!'' garbage and thus any mystique was completely killed. You'll need to find the version from before 2006 if you want an interesting experience.
>>
Just play RSV2 Terrorist Hunts on Realistic by yourself with the lights off. Those terrorists are horrifyingly efficient.
>>
>>385748956
you're a newfag if you weren't around when that was actually circulating and a mod had to sticky a post telling the retards not to download it

actually, why am i even saying this, i don't even care if other people download it
>>
in case you already wondered, the first fnaf is good. dont play the other ones though
>>
>>385749153
I'm not the newfag
>>
>>385747553
you have bad taste and i'm not wasting my recommendations on you because i'm about 75% sure you'll just screencap and resubmit it to reddit
>>
>>385749130
Haha, I actually used to do this a couple years back. Good times.

>>385749156
It was okay, but the jumpscares just felt annoying. It was a decent concept ruined by 11 year old kiddies and youtubers.

>>385749125
I've never heard of a PC remake, the whole allure of the game was that it had psychological effects on people put in by an unknown developer and the original ROM image is what is actually in demand, a remake seems pointless.
>>
>>385749156
get the fuck out you underage furry
>>
>>385749436
I literally said that IMSCARED pretty much fell flat in execution, and if you think Alien: Isolation is bad taste then you're going against the majority of people who have played it.

And this isn't fucking reddit why would anyone want to post 4chan posts there
>>
The penumbra series is great. You can often get the entire series on sale for 1 dollar during sales. Some of the STALKER games also have a few spooky parts but I don't know if I would say they are horror games.

There are a lot of horror full conversion mods for half-life 1 and 2. Underhell is an amazing mod, but after finishing it you will be upset they abandoned it without ever finishing it.
>>
im making a survival horror game gimme tips
>>
>>385750076
Jump scares are cheap and for faggots. Make an oppressive atmosphere that makes you feel unsafe and uncomfortable.
>>
>>385749991
Penumbra was fantastic, I've already played through them sadly. Overture was amazing, better then Amnesia in my opinion although that's probably heavily debated.

STALKER is also one of my favorite games, the atmosphere can't be beat. Play it with the MISERY mod and you'll have some true survival horror.

Never heard of Underhell, I'll check it out.

>>385750076
if you need tips you probably shouldn't make it in the first place. If you're dedicated, don't copy anyone's shit. Be unique. If you can't be unique, don't make it.
>>
Is this what you're looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yno4TNKyyUo
>>
>>385750076
Don't even try to scare the player. Work on making the game interesting to play at first, then you can add in some horror elements. Remember to keep things intriguing rather than repulsive.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 517x235px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 517x235px
I'm decompiling that shitty clone game to see how the scripts work, if anyones interested I'll post more about it.
>>
>>385747553
We definitely need more metahorror games. They're just hard to do right.
>>
File: 1326838002478.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1326838002478.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>385750320
>mfw I watched that whole thing
>>
Guys I'm gonna ask here, I really need your help. Anyone have the name/link of some webgame /v/ played together a few years ago? It's an ambient exploration game made up out of just lines and blackness. I think it was japanese. Shit was scary everyone's names were binary too.
>>
>>385753447
No idea but sounds interesting, bumping for what it's worth
>>
File: Cryostatis_Sleep_of_Reason.jpg (23KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
Cryostatis_Sleep_of_Reason.jpg
23KB, 250x354px
>>
>>385750320
>was quite literally about to link that
Montimers channel is definitely something. I want to know what goes on in his head.>>385750326
>>
>>385753524
here's a rough drawing of what it looked like if you're interested in it from the description, it had lots of spooky ambient sounds and was good
>>
>>385754039
This actually looks eerily familiar, i'm gonna look around for it. I know I've seen something like that somewhere.
>>
File: 19-kday12_0980.jpg (157KB, 726x580px) Image search: [Google]
19-kday12_0980.jpg
157KB, 726x580px
>>385747553
A more standard suggestions:
Penumbra Overture and Black Plague are decent. They had their issues, but they had pretty good atmosphere and some really creepy vibes at times. It's nothing "hardcore", virtually no jumpscares, and it's pretty rough around the edges, but the physics-driven interactions and decent environments create a pretty immersive experience.
Amnesia, in comparison, seemed pretty dull to me.

If you want less "scary horror" and more "souldraining melencholy and sense of uneasiness (basically, enui-based horror), you can try:
Pathologic
The Void
Knock-Knock (Knock-Knock can really mess you up. It does not work on everyone, but quite a lot of people, myself included, suffered serious anxieties and nightmares after playing it)
Cryostasis
arguably Stalker, at times, though it's unpolished nature makes it easily more quirky than anything.

And of course, if you haven't yet, Silent hill the second one in particular. It's still well worth playing.
>>
>>385753447
>>385754039
This sounds cool.
>>
>>385754039
Oh fuck I do remember that.
Shit I can't remember what it was called, but I totally remember playing that.
>>
>>385755097
Been googling as many keywords as I can and absolutely nothing is coming up, getting pissed off because I know I've played it too.
>>
>>385750272
>Penumbra was fantastic, I've already played through them sadly. Overture was amazing, better then Amnesia in my opinion although that's probably heavily debated.
>STALKER is also one of my favorite games, the atmosphere can't be beat. Play it with the MISERY mod and you'll have some true survival horror.
You really should check out the Icepick Lodge games: Pathologic, The Void and Knock-Knock, man. I have a STRONG feeling you are going to enjoy at least one or two of them a lot.

Just stay away from CARGO! QUEST FOR GRAVITY.
>>
>>385754768
I think I've only finished one horror game in my life and that was dead space. Even then I've always wondered how I didn't crap my pants and just quit the game mid-play.
Maybe I'll try playing those games you mentioned with no jump scares
>>
>>385747553
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Resident Evil Remake HD
Penumbra: ep1 & 2
Afraid of Monsters: Directors Cut
Cry Of Fear
Underhell: Chaptet 1
>>
>>385755224
its on an ambient exploration chart
>>
>>385753447
>>385754039
>>385755097
>>385755224
I know exactly what you're talking about! The game's called "I'm Null"
It was formerly hosted on this site but the link is dead nowadays. There's probably a way to get an archive working though.
mooosh(dot)tv
>>
>>385755472
Yeah, definitely getting all three of those, they look interesting. Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it.
>>
>>385747553
You obviously NEED to play the OG Silent hill games. Here's the popular SH PC Guide and the DL links:
SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

if you use the NEW widescreen fix mentioned in the guide, you can use sh2proxy's .exe as crack.

in case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.

if SH2 gets stuck into a black screen during launch, close the application and restart it again.

you can now see fine emulator settings for SH1 in the pic. You can also try the PGXP emu for wobble free PS1 graphics.
>>
>>385755708
>I'm Null
https://mooosh.itch.io/im-null

Seems like it might have it but I don't have unity installed.
>>
>>385755882
I'm already a huge Silent Hill fan. Haven't beat any of them but I absolutely love the lore, I could read up on it for days. I really do need to play them through all the way though, I agree. Thanks for those links, I had SH1/2/3 on my modded PS3 just because I wanted to experience it with a controller like the developers intended, but it overheats like crazy so I'll probably just end up playing these ones.

Thanks anon <3
>>
File: Capture.png (23KB, 1086x388px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 1086x388px
>>385756010
I had it installed, even reinstalled it, and it's still telling me I don't have it. Don't know why.
>>
>>385755539
Pathologic and The Void have no jumpscares, and barely qualify as horror games to begin with. They are more of an art-game variety that happen to explore melancholic, dark supernaturally-inclined themes. They can creep you out, but more through unease related to uncertanity...

Knock Knock does not have many jump scares (no screamers), but it's so weirdly designed that it just messes with your head, even when you stop plying it. That is all I can tell you about it without spoling.

Cryostasis is much more of a Bioshock-style techno-thriller. Some jumpscares might appar, but not much. If you made it through any Shock Game, you should be fine.

Stalker can make one wet his pants when first faced with certain new elements. Not quite jumpscares, but it does get close
>>
>>385756280
It's even enabled on the site and being loaded, what the fuck.

The source code shows everything at the very bottom, but it looks like a redirect, so it might just be gone.
>>
>>385756596
>>385756280
Oh, it looks like Unity Web Player is only supported on 32 bit browsers.

welp, someone post screenshots, it looks really interesting.
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 1184x670px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 1184x670px
>>385756798
RIP
>>
>>385756086
np mate. Good daughter/wife/home/exit hunting, Stalker!
I very much recommend replaying each of the games on multiple times. Preferably above Easy difficulties, always.

I would recommend checking out the SH: Shattered Memories on the Wii later on too. It's barely "survival" nor "horror", but it's its very own, fascinating experience.
>>
>>385757154
Hahaha, Shattered Memories is the one I actually have played all the way through but I didn't include it because I don't really consider it a canon silent hill game.

It had some awesome moments, the phone stuff was pretty neat sometimes, but the chase sequences were just repetitive and annoying. Twist at the end was clever though. Loved how whatever you said to the psychologist changed your gameplay.

Fun Fact, you can call Konami on the ingame phone and they'll answer and say "We're sorry, it looks like you're calling from Silent Hill - You're beyond even our help." then they hang up. Good shit.
>>
>>385756798
Unity is working fine on my bullshit furry placebo browser's 64bit version.

But yeah the game doesn't load at all.
>>
>>385757394
it's quite a huge waste to play SH:SM before finishing the OG trilogy. The game uses so much of your prior knowledge / expectations of them as part of the experience.
>>
>>385757434
Can you find where the web player is sending requests? might be an archive or specific filename that's somewhere on the internet.
>>
>>385757571
Nah, but apparently the dude who made it pretty much abandoned a kickstarter he made, so I wouldn't hold my breath on it ever being workable again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967459848/lioness/comments
>>
File: tainted.png (156KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
tainted.png
156KB, 1440x900px
There is this game called Lurking on gamejolt that reminds me slightly of Im Null, but you need two people to play it.

https://gamejolt.com/games/tainted/33307
>>
>>385757571
>>385757768
For shits, I opened up downthemall to see where it was coming from and got this link which doesn't download either.

https://itch.zone/itchio/upload/16028/null.unity3d?GoogleAccessId=507810471102@developer.gserviceaccount.com&Expires=1501541907&Signature=tGdBSDu81WnpF0SvI3LyJQSq1C6IpvXL8sZdZxRSMebXzvLjjRDrlm5dQzzlRdeEvuSokA1SErFbDa3ewRe7Nzm7sj%2BOSvuL9PteLUlfdPAZwFUNpLWkOh1%2BBHjqiL2Eq09uzHyEnUtMEK%2Bx4FhpJa6TM0F5OaVjiZE0QzqIbq0=
>>
>>385758708
Thanks to you, I *may* have found it. Download is working, but I'm hesitant to try it.

Using "GoogleAccessId=507810471102", I found a file on a public FTP server.

http://gamedata.box.sk/_md/

Seems to contain a bunch of old games.

You can see the game itself at the very top,

"[email protected]"

Atleast, I think that's the game. Someone download it and report.
>>
>>385757768
By the looks of things, the game was made by two dudes, but an update says that one of them passed away last year. The update also has a zip file and a your link, but both are dead
>>
>>385759329
It's literally the only out of place file on there - the rest are zips, that's an actual .exe. Don't know if it's the game or not but that's really the only option left. If I had my sandbox software downloaded I'd give it a shot, but I don't trust executables that small with no description whatsoever.
>>
The Consuming Shadow.

Yes, it looks like shit. It's 720p, 20fps, made in game maker, but it's better than pretty much anything that has come out of the horror genre in the past decade or so. There are no jumpscares. The tension comes form the sound design and gameplay elements.
>>
>>385759549
It's just a .com file though. I don't see any actual game.
>>
>>385759329
>>385759363
That shows up in a lot of different links. the actual file name should be null.unity3d, but I can't seem to find it at all. Considering literally everything about this dude was killed at around the same time late last-year-ish, I don't think anything related to him is coming back.
>>
File: Capture.png (8KB, 431x196px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 431x196px
>>385759949
It's a .com file on the ftp, but downloading it shows it as a binary.

>>385760010
Yeah, I've been looking for null.unity3d, honestly I just want to find it because I'm into this kind of internet archaeology shit.
>>
>>385755472
>Knock-Knock
I tried this and I thought it was absolute garbage. Also, the Void is frustratingly difficult without the fan-made patch, in no small part due to the obtuse mechanics.
>>
>>385758252
This looks interesting. I'd like to try this out.
Not op either.
>>
>>385760095
I did find an old thread on /x/.

https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15755003/
>>
>Play REmake
>Can barely hold any items which means constantly going back and forth from item boxes which is just tedious
>Hallways with zombies in them with no room to run past them, so no way not to get grabbed

I want to try and like this game but I feel like I must be missing something to make it less frustrating.
>>
"Im null"
Looking at it. The game got "canned" for a better/worse saying. I have unity installed and everything playable but this game acts like it won't even run.

I remember this too, it wasn't "creepy" in the sense of jumpscares but I believe it was more or less just the atmosphere that got everyone. I was in one of the threads when /v/ was playing this.
>>
>>385760236
oh fuck i think i just got it. doubt I'll be able to do anything but I just wanna see how far I can go.

hint: 禁止数字沙漠
>>
File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>there will never be another good indie horror game
>>
>>385760131
Trying to run it I just get a black screen. Maybe it doesn't work on Windows 10 or maybe it's my dual monitors, I can't quite tell.
>>
>>385760809
Let me give it a go. Checking back in a minute.
>>
>>385747553
Afraid Of Monsters

the hospital is so well designed, it still scares me
>>
>>385760406
You are actually bad at the video game
>>
File: trainted.png (11KB, 642x513px) Image search: [Google]
trainted.png
11KB, 642x513px
>>385760909
Update: If I make it into a via alt-enter it works.
>>
I just now got around to playing Yume Nikki and I'm really enjoying it. Not really horror in the sense of having jumpscares and shit, just more of a surreal/creepy atmosphere. Kinda like a 2D version of LSD Dream Emulator but slightly more coherent
>>
File: taintersasfdsd.jpg (22KB, 651x511px) Image search: [Google]
taintersasfdsd.jpg
22KB, 651x511px
>>385760909
>>385760809
Pulls up for me but I'm not entirely sure what I expected. Haven't "hosted" one yet but it did start.
Eerie as fuck background noise/music.
>>
>>385761126
Look up fleshchild It's also similar to yumme nikke and the like. Very..very atmospheric.
>>
>>385761004
Anon, please. How are you supposed to run past zombies in hallways without getting grabbed? There's no room to go around them, you can't run into them and then turn around before they grab you because of the tank controls. What are you supposed to do to not get grabbed?
>>
>>385761163
hey wait a minute are you sure you need two people

i just started hosting a game with the name dickus and while it was awaiting a connection it said connection found but i'm pretty sure nobody did anything
>>
>>385760585
Spoon-fed me pls
>>
>>385761402
Nah, I've been seeing servers start up but everytime I try to join one it's "too many connections" so apparently someone beats me to it.

I should stream this.
>>
>>385761402
I hosted a session as null and somebody named izzi joined and left a bit after.
>>
op my good man. Check out forbidden siren, both titles. Its from the maker of silent hills and at times way more intense then sh would wish to be but relies on a gimmick which may or may not be hit or miss.
>>
File: Capture.png (101KB, 1475x504px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
101KB, 1475x504px
this is fun as fuck and i have no idea who im playing with
>>
Streaming the game just for anyone else who wants to watch but not download.

Ghos7Soldier on twitch is all. Not putting a link here.
>>
File: Capture2.png (58KB, 639x505px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
58KB, 639x505px
this is fascinating, just gonna keep playing.
>>
File: 1429392288289.png (293KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1429392288289.png
293KB, 500x375px
>>385761942
>implying
>>
>>385762096
I think I broke the game and also scared the shit outta myself...jesus fucking christ.
>>
File: yetihunter.png (80KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
yetihunter.png
80KB, 1280x800px
http://yetihunter.vlambeer.com/
>>
>>385748956
lostboy is a shit game though. The whole meme shit aside the game is nothing special, it's just a maze with greenish walls.
>>
File: Capture.png (68KB, 652x502px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68KB, 652x502px
>>
>>385750076
Subvert player expectations to make it scary. Eternal Darkness, fake glitchy screens/crashing are pretty good scary stuff. Be creative.
>>
Yep, I broke tainted......
>>
File: Capture2.png (75KB, 654x506px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
75KB, 654x506px
>>385762524
Stuck, just posting pics for anyone who wants to see this.
>>
>>385762451
ooh, can definitely rec
>>
File: Capture3.png (52KB, 640x506px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
52KB, 640x506px
>>385762645
>>
>>385762451
>screen goes dark
fuck that
>>
File: spooky.png (60KB, 642x513px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
60KB, 642x513px
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
File: Capture4.png (62KB, 633x502px) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
62KB, 633x502px
>>385762793
>>
File: Capture5.png (65KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
65KB, 640x510px
>>385762884
fuck im playing with you but you posted that before mine you suck
>>
https://
clips.
twitch.
tv/
AlertMushyMosquitoDoritosChip

I broke the rules.

Also if you run into her, it takes you to a "tainted.com" website which apparently is ded. If you repeat process and do it again, nothing happens. You just sit there with her face in yours just laughing every so often.

Have fun hearing me scream like a bitch.
>>
>>385762801
afraid of nightfall?
>>
It's hard to make an actually good horror game.
See, a bad horror game scares you with sudden noises, jumpscares and gore and shit.
A good horror game just... I can't explain. It's all in the atmospherics.
Amnesia is decent. Soma is alright. Can't think of much else.
>>
While not a horror game, Oneshot does this alot.
>>
>>385755708
One hell of a bizarre experience this game was...

>Number is 3253, explore around, lots of weird stuff
>Scattered integers here and there but nothing substantial
>In the distance I notice at least a few dozen tiny specs following some shape
>It's a shopping cart
>The specs are integers and the shopping cart is NULL only there are way more than a few dozen
>So I think why not considering there's nothing much else to do
>Everyone follows around shopping cart NULL for a good long while
>Suddenly NULL stops and everyone backs away a bit
>It seems integers are incredibly wary of NULL and like to avoid touching him
>NULL changes into a face
>RUN
>Wait, really?
>Next thing I know NULL fucking plows into a large concentration of integers at some insane speed banning every single one of them
>Well...fuck
>Massive explosion of integers dispersing in every direction
>Zero desire to find out what getting banned means, to I run away backwards so I can keep an eye on NULL, and pick a discrete direction where the least amount of integers have gone
>That was interesting I guess
- Explore around some more until I come to the Illuminati pyramid
>Four integers are positioned in stationary locations precisely at the four corners of the pyramid and one at the exact center
>Out of boredom decide to hold left and up and spin around the center integer for a while
>A few minutes pass
>Some integers show up out of no where and seem to hang around the pyramid
>More integers spot them and show up
>Some begin to join in the spinning
>More integers show up
>And more still
>Now I estimate at least a hundred or so integers at the very least have gathered around the pyramid, either around, or close by, with the majority in proximity inside the pyramid towards the center
>Haven't ceased spinning this entire time
>Dear god what have I begun?
>Hold on a sec...that shape isn't supposed to be there...

to be continued.
>>
>>385763250
see
>>385762451
>>
>>385763436
cont

>Shopping cart NULL
>Circles around and stops
>At this point I have stopped spinning
>Changes into the face again
>SILVES KNOWS
>What the fuck?
>I'M TOUCHY TONIGHT
>Rams straight through the center pyramid spamming the screen with ban notices
>YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED
>>
>>385763124
i don't like sudden things i am weak to jump scares
>>
If you haven't played the games from the horror section I'd recommend you give them a try:
http://vgperson.com/games/
Ib, The Witch's House and Mad Father are fairly good, the others are mediocre to bad. I remember there was one that had voice acting that you couldn't turn off, but I don't remember which one. That alone made me quit the game preemptively.
>>
Tainted is pretty damn fun but so fucking creepy. Gino, bud...you're my new friend.
>>
DID SOMEONE SAY IMSCARED?, take your bump good man.
>>
Not a horror game but I remember /v/ expeditions into worlds.com seeing what weird shit you could find.

Man that must have been 3/4 years ago.
>>
>>385763124
>>385763716
alright, so i kept playing, and literally nothing happened. the yeti ran and would warp when i'd pull my gun and then i chased him through the night and then when morning came he sanic speeded away

is this some kind of joke game?
>>
File: Capture.png (61KB, 634x510px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
61KB, 634x510px
Anyone get past this?
>>
>>385764857
Me and gino did. Someone has to call the dancer.
>>
>>385764978
We're past that. We both have found the "thanks for playing the alpha!" room but I'm curious if there might be something more
>>
>>385765097
We couldn't find anything else. There is one room that is locked but no way of opening. Touching the dancer just shoots you to a dead website and back to the beginning I believe.
>>
So honestly what is the scariest game or moment in a game you've ever played?
>>
File: Capture.png (59KB, 640x505px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59KB, 640x505px
NULL IF YOURE STILL HERE I DID WHAT YOU SAID AND FUCK YOU
>>
>>385765242

Did none of you fucks watch my clip to stop you from doing this? Have fun, there is no way out.....except to die.
>>
>>385765187
First time playing RE4 I heard the chainsaw sound and lock myself in one of the houses. I was playing with my cousin and I told him "they're not gonna make me fight with the chainsaw guy this early in the game", and then he appeared. Perfect timing.
>>
File: Captur3e.png (61KB, 642x510px) Image search: [Google]
Captur3e.png
61KB, 642x510px
>>385765242
>>385765317
God damnit.

He watched the clip and just told me to do it, there was nothing left to do, all the doors were locked.
>>
>>385765445
HAHA, I'm actually laughing right now. That's fucking hilarious. Well, you fell for it. Enjoy it. Also I'm not null, I did however make the clip so yeah. It was a warning to everyone.
>>
File: PDMvhs.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
PDMvhs.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
https://puppetcombo.itch.io/pdm
>>
>>385765445
It only seemed fair :)
>>
>>385765663
>that screen

Fuck that.
>>
File: Capture.png (50KB, 645x506px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50KB, 645x506px
>>385765591
I knew you could get stuck, I just had nothing else to do. We were both at a dead end. Eh fuck it i'll just end this. Going to approach her.
>>
>>385765794
It's actually not that bad. I promise.
>>
File: Capture.png (110KB, 1480x798px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
110KB, 1480x798px
>>385765794
Touched her and got this and actually got put in the normal room, was going to the computer when the crash came in. Damn. Null, if you're reading this, it's been fun, you're an asshole but I love ya for the experience.

Something about playing such an obscure game is really nerveracking.
>>
>>385765663
This one is fucking amazing.

>>385765758
Why are you in a horror game thread nigga
>>
>>385766003
>Why are you in a horror game thread nigga

It was an exaggeration to show how spooky it was.
>>
>>385765963
It's supposed to send you to a dead website I guess meant for shock factor but it's just ded.
>>
>>385766114
Yeah, oh well, that was still really cool up until the room with the sign that said "Thanks for playing the alpha."

I guess the game really is over after that, I wonder what the devs doing about it. Probably nothing, but it was a great concept.
>>
>>385766084
>>385766003
>>385765758
>>385765663
This is horror done right. I hope y'all are using the resident evil style camera instead of the orbital one.
>>
>>385766249
I liked the concept. I just wish more games did that. Calling the dancer was really fucking creepy. I may stream more horror games later tonight.
>>
>>385765963
You too, friend. It was a pleasure getting spooked with ya
>>
>>385766375
I was just glad I found a game exactly like I was posting about (I'm OP.)

That was unique as all hell and had actual horror elements. Didn't think I'd find another good game like that.
>>
>>385754768
>overture and black plague both really excellent and atmospheric horror games in different ways
>requiem is a box stacking game
I still don't understand
>>
>>385766647
>Made in 2014
Dev is long gone, sadly.
>>
>>385766647
>>385766732
Also, OP here again, it looks like this was made in gamemaker studio? If so, I'm going to decompile the game and find either what you're supposed to do, or what the dev intended on doing. Old game maker games have a vulnerability that lets you decompile them, newer ones don't. Being 2014, this one will be easy.

Thread might die, so if I don't post in time, sorry.
>>
>>385765663
So did Megan die in the true ending?
>>
>>385765663
This game is overrated trash that relies purely on ear bleeding jumpscares than actual atmosphere.
>>
>>385767021
You can only get the true ending by cheating atm, so I guess it's not really canon.
>>
>>385767232
I thought you got the true ending by getting the three keys?

Also has the full version not come out yet?
>>
File: cool face.png (350KB, 678x685px) Image search: [Google]
cool face.png
350KB, 678x685px
Imscared was the biggest fucking disappointment to me because they developer CHANGED THE FUCKING FOOTSTEP NOISE IN THE FINAL RELEASE OF THE GAME

The FREE game had a fucking fantastic footstep noise that fit with the rest of the games atmosphere, but no, fuck that, the dev said, some people find it annoying, and instead of making it a toggle option, I'm going to replace it with something super high quality and modern that completely doesn't jive with the rest of the game at all.

Fuck that. It could have been fucking fantastic, but that motherfucker had to ruin his own game because some retard couldn't appreciate beauty.
>>
>>385767337
>I thought you got the true ending by getting the three keys?
There's a room in the tunnels that can only be reached by using the flashlight glitch, and entering it triggers an incomplete cinematic which looks long enough to be the canon ending.
>Also has the full version not come out yet?
Nope, the dude decided to start working on another game to get people to donate on patreon so that he can fund the finished PDM. I don't really understand

>>385767210
>no atmosphere
nigga
>>
File: Capture.png (44KB, 975x508px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 975x508px
>>385766957
Got it! This was actually a bit tricky to do but finally got it to decompile.

Now tell me your secrets, game.
>>
>>385767730
>There's a room in the tunnels that can only be reached by using the flashlight glitch, and entering it triggers an incomplete cinematic which looks long enough to be the canon ending.

Link?
>>
File: IMG_2651.png (137KB, 213x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2651.png
137KB, 213x292px
>>385749686
>he hasn't seen any of the 4chan subreddits
>>
>>385747553
If you haven't played cat lady and dowfall you should.
>>
>>385768035
>Cat Lady

My fucking nigga.
>>
>>385768035
cat lady was too silly for me to find it spooky after the first chapter. blowing up a cheeseburger in the microwave and having an ending be about trolls actually made me laugh to tears.
>>
File: 36.png (84KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
84KB, 1024x1024px
>>385767789
Okay, so there is an ending programmed in the game. It involves getting a knife. Found the textures and found the ending script, there is also an "end room".

Chat is run through IRC.

Lots of files such as:
>gml_Script_irc_message_receive.gml.lsp
>gml_Script_irc_message_send.gml.lsp
etc etc. Too lazy to copy paste all them, i'm gonna dig a bit deeper to see what triggers the ending.
>>
>>385748281
It was, now it's a PS4 shmup game from the creator of Tempest.
>>
File: 0.png (6KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
6KB, 256x256px
>>385768335
Contents of gml_Script_tr_finalroom.gml.lsp

>0x000000:
> call (audio_play_sound[]:int32 (var 0s) (var >1s) (var 11s))
> call (world_unlock_slide[]:int32 (var >"enigm2open"))
> call (world_unlock_slide[]:int32 (var >"finalroom"))
> call (irc_message_send[]:int32 (var >"enigm2open") (var 7s) (var -1s))
> call (instance_destroy[]:int32 )
>0x000088:
> exit

Anyone actually care about any of this? If everyone left this'll be my last post, just curious about this myself.
>>
>>385761238
watched some vids and it looks cool, thanks m80
>>
>>385768595
Nah nigga, go play >>385765663
>>
>>385768595
That knife sprite is from the creator's game "Calm Time", al least I think so
>>
>>385755882
Thank you so much anon.
>>
>>385768738
I guess I will :^)

>>385768760
Yeah, it's reused. Took a look at the code and I definitely missed something in game, you do get a knife. Oh well, I'll play this other game now. Looks pretty good.
>>
>>385767730
>There's a room in the tunnels that can only be reached by using the flashlight glitch, and entering it triggers an incomplete cinematic which looks long enough to be the canon ending.

Any video proof of this? First time I've heard of it.
>>
>>385768595
I'm interested!
>>
>>385769049
I am also interested in triggering the ending.
>>
>>385760585
Has nobody followed this up? Does the game work?
>>
>>385747553
play the metro series
>>
>>385769708
I guess
>>
>>385769415
>>385769162

Sorry for the late reply, 4chan doesn't like the post.

Here's what I was originally going to post:
https://pastebin.com/b3gMnmEd
>>
File: ukcxjHJ.jpg (83KB, 603x778px) Image search: [Google]
ukcxjHJ.jpg
83KB, 603x778px
>>385760783
>there will never be another good horror game
fixed that for you.
>>
>>385764764
fun fact, the same three fucking autists who acted like super spooky edgy dudes continually make threads pretending not to be said autists in order to get people to join in and give them attention on /v/. Shit's fucking pathetic and manly tears/emptyhero levels of attention seeking. If you ever see a worlds thread always look at who is the first person the "thread maker" sees because 100% of the time it's one of them trying to trick anons into screenshotting the thread for attention.
>>
>>385765187
https://youtu.be/aL7M9SC6-lI?list=PL881B622BD09140F6&t=112
This is a pretty dull version of the fight; normally a bunch of the shadows spawn around you. Still, the best video of it I could find.
>>
>>385770972
Looks like when a certain event takes place, you're able to use an object that then triggers the knife to appear. Once you kill the entity, it sends disconnects through IRC and then plays the credits. The ending is definitely programmed in there, it's not just unfinished.
>>
File: C_0FuMoV0AErx0a.jpg (173KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_0FuMoV0AErx0a.jpg
173KB, 848x1200px
>>385755882
Oh neat! It's that same anon i downloaded the guide and games a couple of months ago! Hey dude, i cleared my catalog and finally wanted to complete all the SH games in order (only completed 2 and 4).

I was wondering if you know which is the best PS1 emulator?
>>
Has anyone else played Lone Survivor? I only got halfway through and forgot about it. I liked it, very obvious Silent Hill influences though.
>>
>>385748956
You're right it was just a backdoor RAT file that tricked a lot of retards
>>
>>385750076
Jumpscares aren't what make a good horror game, nobody will look back and go "I enjoyed the loop of jump scares over and over" for anything more complex than Slender. Well timed jumpscares (Like the few in Bioshock Infinite) can be effective, but if the jumpscares are frequent enough to predict they're negatively impacting the game.
>>
>>385767730
So are you not gonna give proof of that ending?
>>
>>385750076
Let the player get comfortable and not have their guard up when you want to scare them.

I was playing Until Dawn and the game throws so many cheap jumpscares at you during walking around segments that by the time something actually scary happened, I didn't care about it much.
>>
>>385773664
>(Like the few in Bioshock Infinite)
Had a good point and then fucked it up in 1 retarded statement.
Opinion discarded with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>385775395
It's true though. Bioshock Infinite has like 3 Jumpscares spread across like 20 hours, and they're all the kind that actually work as intended (quickly shifting a slower paced segment into a fast adreneline fueled segment).
>>
>>385768595
The fuck is that?
>>
>>385777551
Game called tainted on gamejolt. I streamed it during thread. Probably gonna stream it again with op later.
>>
>>385749991
Black Plague took me forever to beat because it got to me so badly. No game has ever come close, for me.
>>
>>385749991
underhell is so great too.
>>
File: 1443106826164.jpg (721KB, 1072x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1443106826164.jpg
721KB, 1072x5000px
>>385747553
this list is a bit old but should serve you fine. disclaimer: i didn't make it, i know some of the stuff on here isn't really 'horror' just spooky.
>>
File: 1486138753272.jpg (15KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486138753272.jpg
15KB, 285x249px
POST YOUR HORROR GAME IDEAS

COMPILE THEM

>if you try to pause the game when a certain enemy appears, the game will get faster every time you press it
>panic pausing when you get scared will not only NOT pause the game, but result in the monster chasing you twice as fast
>>
>>385779416
>Theresia
>Survival horror

>Pathologic
>Action-adventure

>LSD
>Action-adventure

>The Suffering
>Psychological horror

>Demonophobia
>H game

>Dear Esther
>Mindfuck, horror

>Higurashi
>Survival Horror, Graphic adventure

>Killer7
>Role-playing

>So many other genre fuckups
>The Void is listed as Tension for some reason
Every time I see this image I'm reminded of how retarded it is.
>>
File: 1443108188458.jpg (1MB, 1564x4343px) Image search: [Google]
1443108188458.jpg
1MB, 1564x4343px
>>385779994
>nitpicking

who cares what the text says, ignore the text, they are all just creepy or horror-themed or whatever. it's not following a super strict sets of requirements. it's just givin people options.
>>
>>385778713

I'm still surprised that a single man does better horror then the majority of the industry
>>
>>385747553
Fukai ni Nemuru Oujo no Abadoon
>>
>>385780170
>they are all just creepy or horror-themed or whatever.
Dear Esther is not even remotely creepy or horror-themed, it's the game that "walking simulator" was coined for. Planescape Torment also doesn't apply, and neither do Shadow of Destiny or Snatcher.
That new image is more accurate with its categorising but there are some shit games in there.
>>
>>385780457
It's great because it's literally a mixture between horror and actual story/action. And the more you fuck around the house the more the house fucks with you. It's brilliant really.
>>
>>385780457

Too bad it will never ever be finished
>>
any followups with the im null game? it was both comfy and eerie
>>
>>385779869
>it actually pauses the first time
>it unpauses after two seconds
>>
>>385779869
So what, the monster is slow as fuck at first and you have to hit pause ten times before it can even catch you, or the monster starts off decently fast and if you press pause once you can no longer escape it at all?
You need to think harder about the game balance of your epic ideas, son.
>>
>>385781320
only autists deal in absolutes
>>
File: Undying Heart.jpg (61KB, 666x533px) Image search: [Google]
Undying Heart.jpg
61KB, 666x533px
>>385780170
God, I love Undying. It's such an underrated jem

When this motherfucker begged for you to kill him and ripped open his chest
>>
File: anatomy.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
anatomy.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
When will the next great NEET make a sweet virtual world like Worlds or I'm Null for us to explore
>>
File: 1490403876115.jpg (12KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1490403876115.jpg
12KB, 239x211px
>>385780170
>Home
>>
>>385782830
Never ever
>>
>>385781774
wew
>>
>>385777551
reused assets presumably
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.