[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you good enough to appreciate Gunvalkyrie? http://cultu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: gv.jpg (31KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
gv.jpg
31KB, 250x354px
Are you good enough to appreciate Gunvalkyrie?

http://culture.vg/reviews/videogame-art/gunvalkyrie.html

>Gunvalkyrie was Smilebit's other ground-breaking 3D action game, every bit as ingeniously conceived and masterfully executed as the first one, though on a whole other level in terms of complexity and challenge — which is why it came nowhere near Jet Set Radio in terms of popularity, and why nowadays hardly anyone knows it.
>>
File: 1484824351578.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1484824351578.png
32KB, 688x578px
I want to play it but
>30 doridos
>>
>>385745101
Is it that expensive?
>>
>>385746073
that's the general price on ebay yes
>>
>>385744970
I used to 100% this all the time when i was 14.
The music was fucking badass.
>>
it was actually one of the few games i owned when i still had an xbox
i think i still have the disc somewhere even but i'm too lazy to check
>>
I first played it with a broken controller, but I thought it was normal since I had heard the controls sucked.
>>
>>385744970
> back when SEGA made good games.

man, the OG Xbox was the system to play if you were SEGA fan. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gun Valkyrie, Otogi, Jet Set Radio, etc.

Make more games like that SEGA instead of rehashing Sonic!
>>
This game, otogi, and panzer dragoon were my shit on og xbox. Halo & ninja gaiden were nice, but everyone knew those. No one knew gun Valkyrie.
>>
any way you can emulate that game
>>
It's mediocre.
>>
It's baffling that the original Xbox still doesn't have a working emulator of sorts.
>>
>>385745101
Lucky me I found it at my used game store for 2.49.
I wanted to buy the Otogi they had as well but someone already snatched it.

Game is quite different to control, gets easier the more you play, but it's still not very fluid.
>>
>>385745101
>he hasn't hacked his xbox
>he hasn't replaced the 8gb hdd with something bigger
>>
Not with those shit controls. I bought the game specifically because of Icy's review but I'll be fucked if I can get into it as much as he did.

But then again Icy also loved fucking DayZ and thought that Cave shit was better than Sin and Punishment so I'm still not a subhuman!
>>
>>385749732
>Jet Set Radio Future
No.
It's a mindless collectathon with no challenge, complexity or replay value. The very definition of "style over substance". Not to mention how the quality of levels and tasks drops off a cliff once you get to the Death Ball sequence. And all that fucking padding.
Jet Set Radio is god-tier which makes Future's mediocrity sting even more.
>>
I've never played it before.
Should I order a copy off of eBay?
>>
fuck off icycalm, stop advertising your shit site
>>
>>385752515
oh lol it's actually you
get a real job
>>
>>385744970
All I know it's a very strange alternate Victorian era England dominated world that despite being that not only allows a woman to have a full, real military rank but also let's her dress like that.
>>
>>385752515
idk, man. I've spent countless hours in JSRF, but I've never been compelled to play JSR again. Just trying to beat my high score in JSR doesn't really appeal to me. I assume that's what you mean by "replay value." When the "style" is so strong, I don't mind the lack of "substance." And it's just fun to explore the levels and complete the Cassette Tape tasks. Fuck the sewers, though.
>>
I've always wanted to play this. I should order it from amazon or something.
>>
>>385750914
Just like me ;_;
>>
>>385753601
I guess I'm the polar opposite of you. I loved going for Jet Rankings.
But the main reason why I dislike Future is because they took away all the challenging elements. No timer, no constant police presence, no strategy required in what order you approach the graffiti. Jet Set Radio is satisfying for me in that regard because it's a challenge that I can replay and try new strategies and routes.
I also don't find Future fun to explore in because for the most part levels just aren't that open. Shibuya Terminal is the best level because it's open and it offers a lot of different ways you can chain together jumps and grinds. Most of the other levels unfortunately funnel you through a set path through the level and tend to be more like closed circuits. There are a few other levels that don't do this but only Shibuya Terminal handles it really well and offers a lot of ways to play around in it.
Jet Set Radio has smaller levels but the challenge in learning how to conserve your momentum throughout the level and the way all the different grindable objects have been placed so players can find their own infinite grind techniques makes it more satisfying for me to hop into a level and try to find new ways of nailing those infinite grinds and getting around the level.
Future made massive improvements in aerial momentum and the cassette Challenges were a fantastic edition but I just can't bring myself to replay it.
It really hurts because I absolutely loved Future when I first got it back in 2003 but when I replayed it last month (after finally getting good at the first Jet Set Radio no less) I was really let down at how many good design decisions from the first game had been left out.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.