[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Metroid has risen from the grave, when will F-Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: 71bb168e5cdd41339cd6924c1caa3562.jpg (323KB, 1064x750px) Image search: [Google]
71bb168e5cdd41339cd6924c1caa3562.jpg
323KB, 1064x750px
Now that Metroid has risen from the grave, when will F-Zero make a comeback?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZLtNSrBp4
>>
>>385742750

Hopefully soon because I'm tired of playing GX. I perfected the game years ago and it doesn't give me a challenge anymore.
>>
File: 1467128064306.jpg (60KB, 1013x374px) Image search: [Google]
1467128064306.jpg
60KB, 1013x374px
>>385742750
>tfw no cel-shaded Fzero game on switch
>>
>>385742750
>MK 8 F-Zero DLC courses
>Everyone uses Blue Falcon and Cpt. Falcon Mii's
>200cc

There you go, faggot.
>>
>>385742750
I just want a new F-Zero with all the racers including the AX pilots and GP Legend/Climax pilots. It will probably never happen but damn I just want Samurai Goroh, Lisa Brilliant and their shitty son Daigoroh in the same game
>>
No. Despite Metroid fans's incessant whining, Metroid never really died. The Metroid Prime years were really the only ever time Metroid didn't have a 6-7 year gap between games.

F-Zero on the other hand is dead and buried. The only chance it has at this point is if Sakurai decided he wanted to make one but that's it. It's been too long, and nobody at Nintendo wants to make one. And even if they did it would be pretty different and you probably wouldn't like it since there will only be at most 3-4 people working on the new one that worked on the originals.
>>
>>385743023
still too slow to be Fzero
>>
>>385743450
>and nobody at Nintendo wants to make one
Nintendo didnt make GX
Sega did GX.
>>
I fucking hate the shitty excuse nintendo gives
"duuuur we can't think of anything new to put in it"
Online, new maps, new racers, that's literally all we need
>>
>>385743764
100 racers on the same map instead of 30

there you go, just the chaos of 100 races will completly make a new game

Make it online and you have something special

Call it F-zero Zero

cause it looks like 1 0 0
>>
>>385743671

Doesn't mean they can't make F-Zero games. They've done it before plenty of times. If they can make MK8, they can make F-Zero. They just need it to be faster and for the track design to be crazier.
>>
>>385743023
>still too slow
>can't knock other racers out of the race, can only blue shell them and make them stop for a couple seconds at best
>>
>>385742750

I've always hated that track in GX.
>>
>>385743764
>new racers
hell you could just expand on the current ones.
>>
>>385743671
Lol fuckin faggot
>>
>>385743764
>"duuuur we can't think of anything new to put in it"
Meanwhile
>"duuur how about we take Starfox 64 but give it bad controls"
>>
>>385744162
Same. That last corner is a fucking bitch.
>>
>>385742750
I'd prefer to wait and see how they handle MP4 before they attempt another F-Zero.
>>
Was F-Zero GX HD too much to ask for? Even if they needed to add an Easy Mode so casuals can play it.
>>
>>385744026

Not him but if anyone is going to make F-Zero at this point it would probably be Shin'en Multimedia. So more than likely it will be contracted out again.
>>
File: 284.png (79KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
284.png
79KB, 600x600px
Fuck F-Zero, fuck Metroid, I want a new Kid Icarus game. They already have HD models from Smash 4, let's see a new one.
>>
>>385742750
FOREVER HE WILL BE MY HERO
>>
File: HE IS THE HERO.gif (552KB, 409x316px) Image search: [Google]
HE IS THE HERO.gif
552KB, 409x316px
LEADER OF THE TEAM
>>
>>385742750
is it just me or does the intro to acid hues sound sort of like the start of the big blue theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb0cl7vuQo8
>>
>>385746316
Better believe he knows the way
>>
>>385742913
What do you mean by perfected? Did you get all character movies? Beat all staff ghosts?
>>
>>385743023
People keep saying this shit, or some variation of it, and it annoys me. Even if your post wasn't serious, there are some people who genuinely believe that MK8 on 200cc is ''the closest we'll get to a new F-Zero game''.
Fuck no, it isn't. It controls and plays nothing like F-Zero. It's like saying Sonic Mania is the closest thing we'll get to a new Ristar game because they look similar. What the fuck?
That's my autism for the day.
>>
File: sCyuWbb - Imgur.png (275KB, 446x390px) Image search: [Google]
sCyuWbb - Imgur.png
275KB, 446x390px
>>385746885
It kinda does, good find anon.
>>
>>385745925
>Shin'en
>Not Sumo Digital
Just make it a GX remaster, with two new cups, online leaderboards and multiplayer.
>>
>>385742750
We don't get a real paper Mario game because Nintendo doesn't want 2 rpgs competing with each other. Using the same logic means we also won't get a new f zero because of Mario Kart.
>>
>>385742750
Its hardly been a secret that Nintendo has reached out to various third parties to see if they have any interest at taking a crack at F-Zero.

Its a matter of time desu. I'm kinda surprised Shin'en hasn't been given the franchise, honestly. Fast Racing has its flaws, but they've always excelled at getting the most with technical limitations.
>>
File: DARK GREEN AND SILVER.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
DARK GREEN AND SILVER.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>385746793
IT'S THE SUBTLETY
>>
>>385742750
>Now that Metroid has risen from the grave

But it hasn't. SR looks like shit. Can't really comment on Prime 4 either way since there aren't any details available yet.
>>
Should I watch the anime? I always imagined it'd be pretty terrible.
>>
>>385747289
>Fast Racing has its flaws, but they've always excelled at getting the most with technical limitations.
Is that really what's important here? An F-Zero game with mediocre to okay gameplay, but with a small filesize?
>>
>>385747568
It's terrible. Watch it.
>>
Id rather not buy car amiibos in order to get some bonus tracks. So I hope it doesn't come back actually.
>>
>>385747568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5OkdP3-r8
its great in a cheese kinda way, its good because it takes itself WAY TO SERIOUSLY for a silly racing anime
>>
>>385747791
I doubt they'd go that far, but I can definitely see them locking shit like staff ghosts behind a special Captain Falcon/Blue Falcon Amiibo, or maybe locking some retro looking machine behind it.
>>
>>385747574
What makes you think Nintendo wouldn't be guiding them through the whole thing?

What part of Nintendo's history has shown they let devs, especially western ones, do whatever they want? Shit, look at Samus Returns. Mercury is just a group of code monkeys on that project.
>>
>>385742750
F-Zero will never come back because Mario Kart filled Nintendo's racing slot.
>>
File: c_wipe_05.jpg (9KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
c_wipe_05.jpg
9KB, 300x270px
>playing fzero unironically
for what purpose
>>
>>385748437
I'm not so sure that's the reason. The argument is that Nintendo want to have one game series per genre, but then you have instances like Smash Bros and Pokken co-existing, despite both sitting on two branches of fighting game.
Mario Kart being a kart racer would make it different enough from a more arcade focused racing game like F-Zero. I think they don't want to make an F-Zero game because they're scared of poor sales. That whatever audience was there for GX(which wasn't very large to begin with) is long gone and that the series simply won't be able to attract a new one.
Maybe if the new Metroid games do well they'll reconsider working on a new F-Zero game too, but I fear they'll try some new gimmick to pull in a more casual audience this time. Miyamoto has expressed concerns with making another game like GX, because he doesn't see what could be done better. His idea of improving tried and true format is to introduce some wacky gameplay gimmick or control style. Starfox Zero is proof that as long as Miyamoto has a say, things won't turn out well for older fans.
>>
>>385743023
>literally slower than X
no
>>
>>385743764
>Online, new maps, new racers, that's literally all we need
then you'll have the people crying it's just a GX rehash, not a step beyond it. (which is impossible)
>>
>>385746052
hah, you think Sakurai would do another game or not start by scratch.
>>
>>385748678
>unironically posting in a thread about a subject you don't care for with an unrelated image
to what end?
>>
>>385747254
>F-Zero is a go-kart racing game
>>
Our hope lies in mods like Unleashed and GX-Treme. You can do a lot of crazy shit with Dolphin hacks and such and it's only a matter of time before we get track editors.
>>
>>385742750
>wanting to dig up F-Zero so Nintendo can sodomize its corpse and lock tracks behind Amiibo and DLC
please no
>>
>>385749709
Tell me more about these mods. Do they work on real hardware?
>>
>>385749864
Yes, but you'll need a softmodded Wii. I've only tried GX Unleashed and all it really is is a balance mod that buffs the low and mid tier machines up to decent levels. The lighter vehicles were given a much stronger boost stat to make them viable, as well as giving them some more weight to make shift boosting a thing even for light vehicles. I'm not sure which version update is the latest, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.
As for GX-Treme, it's just a batshit nutty mod that makes things crazy. Haven't played it, so I don't really know the exact changes other than textures and stuff, but from the gameplay videos it looks fucking bonkers. If you want pure raw speed thrills, it might be worth looking into.
>>
>>385749324
At this point anyone whining about a GX rehash would be drowned out by people who want a new game.

They could just make F-Zero: Omega Collection with all rehashed content with HD graphics and I'd buy a Switch yesterday.
>>
>>385750173
>At this point anyone whining about a GX rehash would be drowned out by people who want a new game.
i really hope that
>>
>>385742750

>F Zero Returns
>The fastest mode is locked behind Amiibo

Rather it stay dead.
>>
>tfw Criterion expressed interest in making an F-Zero
>EA told them not to get any bright ideas and stick to making NFS shit
>>
>>385752350
Criterion ruined Need for Speed
why are you still mad about Nintendo dropping their asses?
>>
>>385752070
if they did that, they would start pointing at Mario Kart cornering their asses
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.