[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started playing this. Really enjoying it so far. Never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2718.png (1004KB, 562x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2718.png
1004KB, 562x900px
Just started playing this. Really enjoying it so far. Never played a Dragon Quest game before.

Any other JRPGs/series which capture the feel of this game, both in terms of the old school mechanics and the sense of adventure? Not terribly experienced with JRPGs outside of Final Fantasy and Etrian Odyssey.
>>
Shit, the nostalgia just hit me hard. DQ8 was my favorite RPG back in the day, and I wish I could play it again. Enjoy the ride, OP. I wish I remembered any good recommendations.
>>
>Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3
>Lunar 1, 2
> Zelda 1 Nes and Zelda ALttP on Snes.
Dragon Quest exists because of Zelda after all.
>Suikoden 1,2,3,4,5
>Grandia 1, 2
>Rogue Galaxy [made by the same dev as DQ8]
>>
>>385737945
>This hard of bait
Jesus christ
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-12-10 07-27-48-96.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-12-10 07-27-48-96.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>385738002
Not him but I liked RG more than DQ8.
>>
>recycled music
Is this okay? https://youtu.be/E-aIvE8mKNU
>>
>>385739547
Seeing this and hearing the song just makes me think the game will feel soulless. That song doesn't even fit.
>>
>>385739547
YESSS YOU CAN SEE THE ARMORS!!!!
>>
If you're playing anything other than the 3DS version of Dragon Quest 8, you end up being forced to fuck a horse girl and not the redhead party member.
>>
>>385740229
Horse girl actually has a personality and it makes the most sense to marry her.
>>
>>385740229
But if you're playing the PS2 version you're probably emulating it so it looks and sounds amazing compared to the poorly presented 3DS version.
>>
>>385740319
>Horse girl
>it makes the most sense to marry her.

Not really since if you marry redhead tittie monster Jessica you're just repeating what the hero's father did before you. The hero's father let his dick do the thinking for him. As his own son. It's poetry.
>>
>>385740587
You might have a point. But it'd be pretty selfish of the Hero to give the middle finger to both the kingdoms.
>>
>>385740014
Yeah it's way too upbeat for a calm night in a town. DQ8 had night time music in towns iirc.
>>
>>385741110
Yes it did.
>>
>>385740229
It could be worse, he could be playing a 240p version
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.