[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as the dust has finally settled can we agree, without memery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
So as the dust has finally settled can we agree, without memery and "/v/ approved opinion", that DS3 is the worst game not only in series, but of all souslborn games?
>no build variety due to game mechanics copying bloodborne only fast R1R1R1 weapons are valuable
>poise could fix that, but fuck that, you can wear heavy as fuck armour but still be staggered by smallest pinch in your direction
>no poise makes great weapons way less useful than in previous games
>armour looks boring and samey, so no fashion souls
>magic and miracles are shit which doesn't add to build variety at all
>pyromancy, due to the need to be close to enemy, barely works with fast enemies
>world design is shit, every playthrough you are forced to go the same path every time
>stupid gimmicky bosses (Greatwood, Deacons, Sage to an extent, High Lord Wolnir, second stage of Pontiff, Wyvern) though the design of some of them is cool
>boring locations, half of them are cathedrals, also less of them than in previous games
>no power stance, instead we get stupid dual wielding weapons most of which are useless, which again doesn't add to build variety
>all of this seriously hurts replayability is one of the major points of soulslike games
Did I miss anything?
To be fair bosses that are not gimmicky are one of the best in the series and level design is WAY better than in DS2 and I do like quest system which adds depth to the game.
Discuss?
>>
Also, you can say that DS2 is a good game on it's own and it would be considered good universally if it wasn't under the Dark Souls title. Well I can't say the same about DS3, I don't even feel like replaying it after a year of playing last time. Granted, first and even second playthroughs are great, but after that you have seen pretty much everything the game can offer.
>>
Infinitely agree and noticed it right away but already bought it and the damage was done
>>
>>385732882
if it was a sony exclusive it would be the best game in the series you can say most of the same things about BB
>>
>>385732882
>So as the dust has finally settled
Stopped reading there
>>
>>385732882
Dark Souls' sequels were a mistake, all overblown unfocused messes.
DeS -> DaS -> BB are the only games worth checking, in that order.
>>
>>385733414
but demon's souls is legit garbage aside from boletaria
>>
>>385733479
How can someone have such an awful opinion?
>>
just got through playing BB because apparently it's the greatest and the game's rife with garbage design choices

I cannot believe people think it's good
>>
>>385733479
>shitting on Tower of Latria and Shrine of the Storms
How can you be such a thot
>>
it's the ultimate style over substance game:
>Yhorm
>massive visual spectacle
>epic lore
>epic music
>dies in 5 hits like a bitch and even without the stormruler he's too easy

>Wolnire
>top-tier atmosphere
>spooky music
>god-tier design
>dies in literally less than 20 seconds

>Abyss Watchers
>edgy music
>edgelord design
>anime moveset
>easiest multiboss fight in the series

>fancy anime weapon arts
>useless since every problem could be solve with an R1 spam

the game is all flash and no soul.
>>
3 was a good game, but it has the worst replayability. I put 300+ hours into each game, but 3 I only did once. Starting over feels like such a chore when 1H quick weapons are the only viable thing, stat requirements are too high to get builds going, and magic sucks. There's no real replayability compared to the rest of the series, which is able to have varied builds very early into a playthrough.
>>
>>385733219
But bloodborne gameplay is built around being fast while in DS you could be both FAST TELEPORT BEHIND YOU rogue and heavy as fuck paladin knight. Besides bloodborn artstyle is a different title which excuses it being about cathedrals and 18 century aesthetic while DS had a wide variety of locations.
Though I never played BB past few first levels, I guess I was kinda exhausted with such gameplay at the time, so I can't say my opinion on BB is somewhat objective.
>>
>>385732882
>put dagger in left hand
>use tiny dagger as shield
WOW FROM DID YOU REALLY THINK I AM COSPLAYING AS SOMEONE WITH A DAGGER FOR A SHIEL--
sorry I mean GO GO TEAM A!!!!! U DA BEST! xD fuck team b (more like team balls lol)
>>
I still like DaS2 way more
I thought that was going to be the general consensus
>>
>>385733804
>Besides bloodborn artstyle is a different title
Besides bloodborne has it's own artstyle and is a different title*
I'm sleepy as fuck.
>>
>>385733856
This, even despite all the flaws it was a better game trying something new.
>>
>>385732882
>no poise makes great weapons way less useful than in previous games
Hyperarmor works to trade hits when using heavy weapons now. I dislike removing poise for other reasons but I think that heavy weapons at least somewhat work.
>armour looks boring and samey, so no fashion souls
Armor has a tendency to be low effort as fuck for the models when compared to DaS1 but at least it sort of feels like it fits together which is a step up from 2 where I always felt like things didn't really match properly.
>Did I miss anything?
Can't cut tails off of dragons. The game frequently has enemy AI start walking on a preset path when you get too close but haven't already aggroed them (iirc it blows all of its load of properly patrolling enemies on the high wall). Worse NPCs overall than DaS1, generally more comparable to 2 in that regard. Lacks a lot of attention to detail or neat mechanics that are tangential to the overall experience but are still somewhat fleshed out and there are a lot of little bugs.

>>385733128
I think it's a passable game. It would probably meet most standards for not being a bad game just like 2 though I generally mirror the sentiment of not wanting to replay it since it isn't conducive to being anything more than a one and done affair.
>>
>>385732882
You're trash, stop playing video games for saying that kind of thing and crying about everything. Yes Dark Souls 3 isn't the best Souls game by far, but it is mastered and the dlcs were actually good. Way better than all of DS2
>>
>>385732882
>Did I miss anything?
Lore barely provides anything new and mostly a reference to DeS and DaS.
>>
>>385734235
I did not cry about everything, I did say that it has good level design and some of the bosses, it just has that many flaws. Oh, and also I liked transition to Archdragon Peak, that was kinda smart.
>>
Literally I finished the game today (bought it a week ago).

Is not worse than DS2 garbage, but is not better than any of the other games to be honest.

The game is awfully linear and the lore is fucking nothing, it just looks like they made the game in 2 years with bloodborne leftovers and some ds1 scrapped ideas.
>>
>>385732882
No dark souls 2 is way worse.
>>
>>385732882
It's the best in the series, excluding BB.
>>
>>385734989
How?
I'd agree that bosses are no better than gimmicky bosses in DS3 and it lacks truly good bosses and I already mentioned that level design in DS3 is better and locations are not that great (even though better than fucking cathedrals), but other than that DS2 is better.
>>
oh boy another DS2 apologist thread. Havent seen these in a couple days
>>
>>385735370
>other than worse bosses and locations, how is DaS2 worse than 3?
You tell me
>>
The unpleasant truth is that only DS1 is any good. Everything after it was, ironically, a faded copy of it, getting weaker and weaker with each removal from it's flame

>tfw someone will say they did this on purpose
>>
>>385733315
THIS TBQH
H
I
S

T
B
Q
H
>>
>>385733718
Like what?
>>
>>385735703
Better build variety, world design, DLC, replayability.
>>385735514
Whatever you call it, the arguments still stand.
>>
>>385735868
Really makes your soul hollow.
>>
>>385736384

>A knight looking up at the question marks and thinking confused medieval knight
>>
File: downtrodden_sento.jpg (74KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
downtrodden_sento.jpg
74KB, 500x539px
>spends hundreds of hours on DS1 and DS2
>multiple playthroughs using multiple setups
>play through DS3 once
>begin another run
>stop after first area

it's amazing how utterly agonizing this game is to replay. Souls games are renowned for their replay value, I don't know how DS3 can fuck it up so badly. I haven't even bothered with the DLC because I can't bring myself to actually get there
>>
>>385736590

The first DLC is okay. Ashes of Ariandel. Sucks the cock of Ariamis though.

The second is crap.
>>
>>385734560
Agreed. But I think you're complaining way too much, yeah the game lacks of inspiration but good things were made, good areas, good npcs, good bosses. Deacons and Wolnir for example are nice bosses, even if they are gimmick fights, sorry.
>>
>>385736030
I agree on build variety. Too bad moving towards that compete build is the worst experience the series has to offer because of the terrible locations and enemies.
The DLC is nothing special, it's just not complete ass so it looks amazing in comparison to the main game.
>>
>>385736898>>385736898
Friede was great
Demons or whatever was their name, were cool
Gael was great

The areas were nice too, I mean nothing crazy but better than most of the main game's
>>
>>385736021
lack of replayability you can be 2 things a fast guy with a strength weapon or a fast guy with a skill weapon thats it

>nearly unplayable on release
>lack of weapons
>chalice dungeons
>bloodvials
>guns more specifically gun parries
>abhorrent online both pvp and co-op pve
>nearly as linear as DS3 but no one cares
>6(six) stats
>lack of armor
>doesn't matter cause armor is useless
>bad character models everyone is too tall&skinny

its still fantastic but it gets alot of passes because its a sony exclusive
>>
Dark Souls 3 fucking sucks. You can't make any viable build besides one or two. There is such a limited way you are able to play this game
>>
>>385735887
But you had to have read further to have seen his post?
>>
>>385737578
>guns more specifically gun parries
I though that was cool, though agree on everything else. I guess it makes up for its flaws with original atmosphere and art style which DS3 lacks + there are barely any lovecraftian games which is a plus by itself.
>>
Nah it is infinitely superior to DS2 and none of your contrarian bullshit will change that. DS3 is just underwhelming, DS2 is physically painful to play.

It is significantly worse than DaS and Bloodborne though.
>>
>>385738097
>contrarian bullshit will change that
How is that contrarian? Or are you gonna argue that DS3 has build variety and not linear and half of the bosses are not gimmicky?
>>
The number of people in the DS3 fanbase that have told me that "shields engender passivity" while wearing fallen knight set, and rolling around constantly with a Astora GS...

three guesses where they came from.
>>
>>385738334
>three guesses where they came from.

A better game.
>>
File: 135134265.png (969KB, 1398x1010px) Image search: [Google]
135134265.png
969KB, 1398x1010px
>>385732882
despite dark souls 3 trying to "rhyme" with KF3 , KF3 was the better game.
soul of cinder was executed almost perfectly, but the lack of a cutscene pulls it down a little
>>
>>385737578
>>lack of weapons
There's tons of weapons and there all unique
>>bloodvials
Buy them if you can't git gud
>>chalice dungeons
What's wrong with them?
>>nearly as linear as DS3 but no one cares
Being linear doesn't not mean bad.
Agree with everything else though.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.