[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all of the original content of World of Warcraft is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>all of the original content of World of Warcraft is no longer supported.
>>
>>385730652
>original content of World of Warcraft
>proceeds to post wotlk
pic not related I guess
>>
Molten Core, AQ, BWL, and all the 1-60 dungeons are still in the game
>>
>>385731084
No Naxxramas, and all the dungeons have been changed.
>>
File: ebines.jpg (93KB, 787x847px) Image search: [Google]
ebines.jpg
93KB, 787x847px
>>385730652
What the fug, I'm in that pic
>>
File: 1462796189628.jpg (103KB, 736x650px) Image search: [Google]
1462796189628.jpg
103KB, 736x650px
>>385732184
Ebin :DDDDD

But how the fuck did OP come to select a screencap of some shitty long-gone private server for this thread? Really makes you :stink:
>>
>>385731362
they got changed for the better
>>
>>385730652
I wish they'd add a low-level roulette like FFXIV has. It would be a lot of fun.
>>
>>385730652
dire maul is unchanged isnt it
>>
>>385732575
No they were remade for casuls
>>
>>385733117
Nerfed in cata for lower level.
>>
>>385733918
Well, they were indirectly nerfed to utter obsolescence anyhow. In WotLK for example increased block rating from strength causes pallies and warriors to make full blocks (so warriors are literally immune to any 5-man physical damage during Shield Block), healers have 5x the sustain due to spells being coverted to use base mana, and many damage-dealers deal several times the damage with the new talents, abilities and itemization. All tanks and many other specs could straight-up solo the instances at appropriate level for fuck's sake. Not that the tuning really was that high to begin with, it's no secret that even supposed expert players back in the day were fucking shit at the game and legacy WoW autists of today run straight through the dungeons without the slightest obstacle.
>>
>>385734706
Ever since WotLK, dungeons have been a cake walk, CC is irrelevant, and AOE-fest is the norm.

There were only 4~ good years of WoW.
>>
>>385735132
Cata had challenging dungeons on release. I remember playing a dwarf shaman and switching between resto/enchance to fill spots. Healing was hard as shit since shamans performed the worst of every healing class. I don't know why Cata gets shit on so much. I can understand after 3.2, but initial Cata was great. If I were to play the game now I would no longer dread leveling 1-60 (assuming I actually did it without buying levels or exp boosts).
>>
>>385735132
>dungeons have been a cake walk, CC is irrelevant,

Sorry, but that's just wrong. Instead of sheep/ice trap as CC you have to coordinate stuns and interrupts, especially in mythic+ dungeon. Just because it's a different kind of CC doesn't mean it isn't there. Also, trapping and sheeping is way easier and more casual than the current system.
>>
File: 3789123498.jpg (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3789123498.jpg
290KB, 1024x768px
>>385731362
>you will never raid in the original Naxxramas again.

I'd give everything I own to go back to being 15 again.
>>
>>385733126

The old raids had the easiest mechanics, save for the ones that didn't give players nearly enough information. The only hard mechanics were ones where you had to basically guess the range, until addons gave you range indicators (which blizz killed this expansion, so now they're hard again). Other mechanics were FAR easier and more simple than what we've seen in modern raids.
Rotations are also far more complex than they were in vanilla, considering most vanilla rotations were 3 buttons maximum and a few were a single button.
>>
>>385735986
>burst damage and instant kills are now CC

Shut the fuck up, just because you kill something before it comes out of it's stun doesn't mean you're using CC, it just means you're stomping the dungeon to oblivion and it's a cake walk.

PS, we were doing that in Heroics in TBC once we were T4 geared, it's not some new concept, it's just what you do when you overpower the content.
>>
>>385736226
I guess you've not done any M+ then.
>>
>>385736321
Why would I want to play Casual WoW? I don't even know what a Mythic+ is.
>>
>>385736407
It's the hardest dungeons have ever been in WoWs entire lifetime by far.
>>
>>385735621
Cata dungeons were great for a few weeks but they became obsolete even during the first patch because of power creep in heroic equipment let alone raid gear.
Even before the nerf previously hard shit became pretty cakeified.
>>
>>385736226
>Shut the fuck up, just because you kill something before it comes out of it's stun

Lol, what? You clearly haven't done mythic+ dungeons. You can only stun stuff a few seconds since it has diminishing returns, so you have to time your stuns so it interrupts stuff that will basically insta kill you. If you think going at a snails pace killing one thing at a time while watching a debuff timer on an enemy and pressing your sheep focus macro every 20 seconds is better you're actually retarded.
>>
>>385736484

Diablo 3 affixes
>>
>>385736607
Yes, and ...?
Shit most M+ would still be crazy hard with only the damage/health buffs making even formerly minor mechanics one shot players.
>>
>>385736607
ok? how does that invalidate the claim that they are the hardest dungeons in wows lifetime?
>>
>>385736820

so it turns into FFXIV style dungeon mechanics and it gets harder?
>>
>>385736585
If you think not having weapon variety, and all the armor being universal and changing with your 'on demand' instant and free spec changes is better, you're retarded.

How's that sweet Xmog set btw?
>>
>>385736167
Didn't like less than 1% of people see naxx because the gear req's were so high and it was close to the end of vanilla wow? I'm glad they put it in WotLK, seems like a waste not to
>>
>>385736894
>all this shit unrelated to the discussion
>>
>>385736226
Don't listen to the others I agree. Stuns were used when CC failed or when it needed to be refreshed. The difficulty behind CC was that the mob was not allowed to be hit, and hoping that one of your group/raid members wasn't going to just attack it or use AoE. The moment you don't have to CC large groups is the moment you've begun to be over geared for the dungeon/raid.
>>
>>385736961
1% cleared it but way more than 1% saw it.

Mind you a small percent of the population raided in general back then.
>>
>>385737139
>The difficulty behind CC was that the mob was not allowed to be hit, and hoping that one of your group/raid members wasn't going to just attack it
so according to you, the entire difficulty of vanilla was "im playing with retards"
>>
>>385736541
Yeah it didn't last forever, but only people with raid gear or something had an easy time in dungeons, which is just an inevitability. If you're wearing gear that's too high level for the content you're taking part in its obvious that its going to be easy for you. I didn't have the time to join a guild and raid like I did when I was younger at the time, so I went months into Cata doing heroics in blues and the content was still challenging.
>>
>>385737357
>so according to you, the entire difficulty of vanilla was "im playing with retards"
As if that wasn't the main difficulty of any modern MMO as well. Some things never change.
>>
>>385737460
no, high level m+ dungeons are now difficult even with a team of geniuses
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072417_180125.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072417_180125.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
Why are Male Draenei outnumbered 3 to 1 by their women?
>>
>>385737702
Because only turbofags roll male draenei
>>
>>385736894
cant change spec or talents in m+ retard. stop complaining about something you dont have a clue about
>>
SoulboundWoW / Mutiny rep.
>>
>>385736961
The people who dedicate more time to the game are rewarded with more content. Its the formula that MMO's had been following at the time and I personally loved it because it meant content lasted longer. Don't misunderstand me, I agree and think putting Naxx into the game during WotLK was a good idea too, but being able to do a few dungeons and get high level gear is why so many people leave the game or only play for a shorter period of time. You just have to meet an item level requirement, hit a button, and now you're in a raid for the newest, "hardest" boss in the game.

Sure you could continue and do heroics, and yeah, that means you're probably seeing the version of the content the developers actually wanted to see, but a lot of people aren't too concerned about seeing the same boss with a few new moves and maybe a new phase of the fight.
>>
>>385737139
>Stuns were used when CC failed
but stuns are cc? get your terminology right
>>
>>385736170
It's not quite that straightforward. Some of the aspects of the game like threat have been effectively removed, and new potent abilities trivialize mechanics that might have been troublesome in the past (a very apparent example is in multi-mob tanking, but it's the same deal with all the survivability skills and the like: reacting to a cast by pressing a button within 3 seconds is something you cannot fail while having to start running after .5s of requires you to be vigilant and sprinting way at halfway is at least something you could fail at). Moreover, the "rotation" by itself influences performance very little (the differences between players come primarily from things like minimizing movement, utilizing DPS-boosting aspect of the specific encounter to fullest effect, or stacking cooldowns with procs - and in case of movement you could even argue that slow hard casts are where it's the most punished, while faster casts and instants lessen the impact significantly).

Of course, even with that in consideration, vanilla content is a fucking joke from the perspective of modern min/maxers (if you look at how it goes on private servers, a raid like AQ40 might get cleared in less than two hours without a single wipe upon its release, and it really wouldn't be that different if the memories of players were wiped of relevant tactics because even top retail guilds were casual as fuck and shit at the game: if you read at Nihilum retrospective blogs for instance, C'thun was the first time it even occurred to them to use flasks).
>>
>>385737357
>Difficulty behind CC = Difficulty of entire game

Learn to read. I can't speak for other classes back then since I only main tanked, but the primary difficulty behind BWL was keeping tabs on agro since Blizzard would ban people for using addons that allowed you to see a list of it. AQ40/20 was being able to stay mobile while keeping agro, and Naxx was a combination of taking risks and hoping your healer could keep you alive (largely luck). The difficulty with retards was that you either teach the fight to them in a manner they can understand, which was a raid leader thing.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>385737795
>only turbofags play men instead of pretending to be women and using half-naked transmogs
You're lying, Morgan.
>>
>>385737986
Stuns are a bare minimum, yeah they're CC, but nothing you can depend upon to keep a target from attacking people for more than 5 seconds. Years of raiding and I've never once personally or knew someone who considered a stun to be an acceptable form of CC.
>>
>>385735132
>he forgot about early Heroic Loken

wew

The ICC 5 mans were pretty nasty for a while too
>>
>>385738570
guess everyone you played with was a moron then
>>
>>385738016
>>385736170
However, as a general rule, to large extent new complexities are mostly there to compensate for more powerful characters and information being communicated in a more blatant fashion (either through addons or AoE-spells leaving a mark on the ground such that you don't need to set camera to look directly down to track their trajectory, that sort of thing). The main difference-maker is tuning: vanilla Naxx probably could have had 150-200% higher numbers and been doable if guilds at the day actually had ran optimal raid comps and played properly. Many numbers in WotLK Naxx (like Patchwerk HP) could have been thrice as high. Meanwhile, content that is actually legitimately tough for modern kind of high-end players has to be at +-10% knife's edge at least, the kind of point where losing a player or losing DPS-time from movement and other such things matter. Vanilla content is mechanically simple yes, but the utmost reason it's easy is because there's such gigantic amount of leeway you don't even have to execute the mechanics that are there since you can afford to lose people like flies.

Hell, in some stages of the game, things actually got dramatically easier despite supposedly more complex classes (indeed, BECAUSE of classes getting new fancy t ools) and more encounter mechanics (WotLK 5-mans come to my mind).
>>
I still play and don't raid.
>>
File: mfw.png (198KB, 470x327px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
198KB, 470x327px
>>385737702
>women
>>
>>385738839
Friends convinced me to get legion and re-sub, so I did.. For a month.

Got up to level, almost hit 900 ilevel, and was raiding and doing content.. And then I just realize it was trash. So, I RP'd for the last 15~ days of my month sub before it ran out.
>>
>>385739076
WoW's only worth it for the RP anymore

No other MMO will ever touch it in that regard, just like how no RPG will ever touch TES in terms of sheer amount of lore
>>
>>385738705
>projecting this much

Just because you have low standards doesn't mean everyone else does too anon.
>>
File: moon guard.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
moon guard.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>>385739675
>worth it for the RP
>>
>>385737702
damn, that set looks good on draenei, it looks like shit on my male banda :DDDD
>>
File: moon guard 2.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
moon guard 2.png
2MB, 1440x900px
RP
>>
>>385738701
How the encounter worked with welfare-gear available towards the end of the expansion is one thing (killed in 5 seconds flat) but even with the level of health you have with heroic 5-man gear (ilvl200) you can literally stand at close range for the entire fight and not move an inch. If you know how the boss functions, it's only when you are doing it as a freshly dinged character with full greens that you even have to do anything at all.

Now, if you are clueless to how the boss functions (ie. standing at max range taking the full periodic damage) then it can potentially wipe groups and I know (not from personal experience) that this did happen at WotLK launch but numerically the boss is laughable even if you did it with ilvl134 greens from Boring Tundra and for supermajority of the expansion the mechanics aren't potent enough to matter even if you are ignoring them or doing them wrong.
>>
>>385739970
>allowing her meaty blue cock to hang free
Also idk when you took that screenshot, but there is a much better addon called trp that people use for more customized rp profiles.
>>
>>385741054
Been using MRP since TBC, didn't feel like changing for my 1 month back.

That was taken from my free character just to show my friend how crazy shit is these days, I think I took that this weekend.
>>
>>385739724
>i dont know what projecting means
does something control a crowd? if it does, its crowd control
does a stun control a crowd? it does, so its crowd control
>>
>>385741496
Tanking is good crowd control.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.