[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me objectively why Fallout 4 power armor was done worse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: power armor fallout.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
power armor fallout.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
Prove to me objectively why Fallout 4 power armor was done worse than the rest of the fallouts.

pro tip: you can't
>>
>>385721273
the only bad thing are fusion cores
>>
>>385721371
How?
It makes you save your money and Actually spend it instead of hoarding it.
>>
>>385721273
Not gonna argue for something not true.
Fallout 4 did somethings very well though. Not gonna bother mentioning visuals or animations

Looting system
Power Armor system
Being able to Weapon bash
Crafting menus much better organized and more options
Sprint and Grenade button (copied from mods)
Jumping on and up hills and shit works way better in 4. It's a crapshoot in the others.
>>
Is fallout 4 good now?

haven't played since release.
>>
>>385721503
Save money and spend it?
After 2:30 hours you can have 14 of those if you explore some as almost every location has one in its basement
>>
>>385721273
The only things I didn't like about it was 1. Fusion cores for anything not T-45 because of muh lore Autism (I understand it for gameplay but...it's moot when like the armor it's self they're piss easy to fine) and 2. Like already mentioned, it's fucking too easy to find and get.

>>385721503
>Spend Money on Fusion cores
>When a good chunk of buildings have them
>Plenty of places outside
>and if you take a perk you find them in stacks of five often enough even without the perk it happens from time to time

No not really, maybe early game sure, but after a few hours of playing you should be more than golden just finding them.
>>
>>385721371
I liked the concept of fusion cores and how they make powered armor a resource you would use tactically rather than just become another tier of armour. Problem is, they litter the game with cores so you end up with literal shittons anyway. Also, they didn't bother to make it lore-friendly at all either. Then again, if Pete Hines is to be taken seriously, then there's no hope for any lore adherence moving forward anyway. Lorefags may as well just stop giving a shit by now.
>>
>>385722245
>Lorefags may as well just stop giving a shit by now.

I play Beth Fallout games with the mindset of enjoying a theme park attraction based on the real thing.
>>
>>385722419
That's a good mindset to have. At least you won't be disappointed in them.
>>
>>385721503
they could have kept power armor as something you would have to work for, by the time you get Power Armor in Fallout one you are already regularly fighting super mutants and machines
>>
Really its that you get it at the start of the game.
>>
File: header[1].jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
45KB, 460x215px
>F3/New Vegas
>4 story DLC's
>new quests
>new areas
>new weapons and armor
>about 8 hours of gameplay each
>15 dollars a piece
>Fallout 4
>3 DLC's that are just payed versions of existing mods
>a rehash of point lookout that can be completed in a few hours
>a turf war in disneyland
>50 dollar season pass or 25 dollars per DLC goy
name a bigger waste of money
>>
The problem itself is not in the core set of mechanics they added to powerarmors: the fact that they actually significantly alter movement, add options such as jet-packs and unique weapons, the new hud and local-damage models, hell even the customizability, if a bit excessive and pointless, are not bad.

The PROBLEM is that they are incredibly poorly distributed and weaved into the game progression. The game literally hands you one half an hour out of opening exposition. And then it proceeds to feed you with more because it's too afraid that the ADHD players will get bored and impatient. Resulting in scenarios where you find fucking power-armors lying out in the fucking OPEN, in a rusty cage, next to frequent trade route. They don't feel as something difficult to get, they don't feel rare, and ironically by having their own entirely separate gameplay mechanics they also fail to feel like previous game system changer: they are reduced to gimmick or side-activity.

As always, Beth has NO idea how to pace itself, how to create tension of feeling of proper progression, how to take advantage of individual elements to build narratively capitating structures.
They really are kindergarden teachers in USA: their biggest worry is that the most obnoxious and impatient of the children will get bored, and everything else gets sacrificed to it.
>>
>>385722245
I pretty much have.

>>385722419
This pretty much.

>>385723734
Those dudes who have paid $100+ in crowd funding things like Star Citizen.
>>
Level scaling was a mistake
>>
you get it too early
>>
>>385723305
You have to work for it. What the fuck do you think you collect the cores for? The things useless if you dont manage your cash.

>>385723904
You're playing on easy or something? some places are hard as shit to pass without wasting a ton of nades, ammo and stims if you don't recon it first and then bring over the suit. Have you even played the thing?
>>
>>385724753
>some places are hard as shit to pass without wasting a ton of nades, ammo and stims

I played the game on Survival mode at launch.
Which was Very Hard w. more legenadary enemies

This game was a fucking joke from minute 1.
>>
>>385724753
Ladies and gentlemen: the new generation?
"What are you talking about? There are moments when you actually need to even spend resources to get whatever you want right now! How can you claim that is not a proper pacing and progression!"

God damn what a joke.
>>
>>385721273
Other than the fact that they give you a suit almost immediately, the power armor is great
>>
>>385724753
>Have to manage your cash

One it's Cache, unless you meant buying them, two, no no you fucking don't really.

t.Someone with over a week of gametime in the game and has spent most of that on power armor on both V. Hard

Only time you have to manage shit is on Survival now because they have weight, and even then you can use it relatively frequently, especially if you just use a throwaway suit you find now and then because they're stupid common.
>>
>>385721273
It was actually done better than most of the games, the only thing they stumbled on is when they give it to you. You should still have to go through training to use it, the male PC's backstory of being in the military is a lame excuse that doesn't even cover for the wife, who was canonically a lawyer. It'd be a lot cooler if you saw someone else using it early in the game, and then later on that same person or someone else could teach you how to use it.

But the actual feel of the power armor is a lot closer to what it should be. Power armor isn't just clothes, it made you a walking tank. If anything it isn't overpowered enough in Fallout 4, it's still way flimsier than it should be, though I suppose that could just be attributed to age.
>>
What are some neat mods?

Is there a mod that auto assigns settlers to all my settlements so I don't have to worry about shared workbenches?
>>
>>385725215
Originally power armor was supposed to be rather easy to use, it was just given a perk in 3 and NV. FO1 and 2 you can use it as soon as you find some, but it was hard getting it off of people who had it on seeing as it was pretty damn beefy against most shit.
>>
>>385724753
You can find cores all over the fucking place, they aren't rare at all. You don't have to earn shit.

Imo they should have removed the fusion cores (which aren't lore friendly to begin with) and just made the power armor rare again. They should also learn how to actually design new versions of power armors, considering the T-60 just looks like a bulkier T-45.
>>
>>385725387
Everyone associates the T-45 with F3, which is when Bethesda took over the series and is more iconic to most players. They probably just designed the T-60 similarly because that's what people are going to recognize, it's pretty much the face of Fallout now.
>>
>>385724925
Fuck is your problem? I just said that you can save resources by using power armor to tank some damage and conserve ammo at appropriate times when without it you would be wasting your hard earned items.
>>
>>385725387
>Imo they should have removed the fusion cores (which aren't lore friendly to begin with) and just made the power armor rare again.

So make players invincible death machines by just stumbling through one side quest?
>>
>>385721503
But that's wrong, Fusion Cores are so abundant that EVEN if you're a complete Power Armor + Gatling Laser hoarder, you're still able to sell hundreds of the things off and be rich as fuck.
>>
>>385725793
Lock it halfway through the game and give it high stat requirements.
>>
>>385725665
The problem is that you clearly did not fucking understand the nature of the complaint about lack of proper distribution and buildup to obtaining powerarmor and it's poor implementation to rest of the systems yet you felt confident enough to start attacking people who presented it.
>>
I think Fallout 4 is the most disaappointing moment of my life.
But I still play it occasionally and I have no idea why. I don't enjoy it, every 5 minutes something makes me sigh.
>>
File: 2fort 2011.jpg (152KB, 1080x739px) Image search: [Google]
2fort 2011.jpg
152KB, 1080x739px
>>385721273
Reminds me of Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2
>>
>>385721273
>you can't prove there is peanut in my shit
Not tasting it. Heck I wouldn't even bother looking at it.
>>
File: a4b7b35192e0f638faf02b39daaad0cb.png (867KB, 1879x2335px) Image search: [Google]
a4b7b35192e0f638faf02b39daaad0cb.png
867KB, 1879x2335px
I'm honest to God hoping the new PA mechanics don't get scrapped in the next Fallout. It's the one thing that needs carried over alongside Assaultrons.
>>
>>385725793
Have the player need to receive training for it. I don't know if they ever state what Nate was in the but if he was infantry would he have been taught how to operate power armor, and Nora especially shouldn't know how to operate it. Maybe instead have a much longer battery life and instead of hoarding fusion cores you need to let it recharge for a while, I don't fucking know what the best solution would be, but the fusion cores aren't it.

Although then again practically anyone seems to be able to use power armor in fallout 4, from fucking raiders to gunners.
>>
>>385721273
Power armor was literally the only thing Fallout 4 improved over the other Fallout games aside from getting it so early.
>>
>>385727751
>but if he was infantry would he have been taught how to operate power armor
Yes, it's stated that the purpose of PA was to turn your average Joe soldier into a walking death machine. The impact it had when it was introduced was astounding and had the nukes not dropped it would have been a decisive American victory.

>and Nora especially shouldn't know how to operate it.
Fun fact: In the original script Nora was part of the infantry unit that Nate was enlisted in, which is how they met and married. They literally had a perfectly acceptable reason for why Nora can use PA and gutted it.
>>
File: 1491695287189.png (214KB, 461x451px) Image search: [Google]
1491695287189.png
214KB, 461x451px
>>385721273
they fucked a lot of lore with the pa in fo4, but the gameplay for it was a good representation of the power powerarmor is supposed to give you
>>
>>385726183
That sounds awful like railways and
>stats
How about you fuck off and die together with the rpg genre. It's just lazy as fuck.
>>
>>385724753

I don't know how to break this to you, my boy, but you're actually just fucking horrible at video games.

Within 3 hours I had a full T-60B suit. Getting Power Armor in a Fallout game should be a significant checkpoint in terms of your characters progression with faction and plot. The problem is Bethesda can't do any plot.
>>
>>385726219
Big words and no content, smells of reddit kid.
>>
>>385727901
So shit combat entirely reliant on stats is better than smooth fps mechanics?

>>385726865
Only talking about the armor here. I don't understand why people would say that clothe armor is better than actual tank armor which it is by all the lore.
>>
File: Fallout4bad2.png (4MB, 1601x872px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4bad2.png
4MB, 1601x872px
>>385729048

>How about you fuck off and die together with the rpg genre. It's just lazy as fuck.
>fuck off with RPG's
>in a Fallout thread

You are precisely the sort of individual who has ruined the video games industry with your shitty consumer choices. You're actually an idiot. You most likely have the patience of an undomesticated dog.
>>
>>385729115
Who the fuck cares if you have it if you cant use it cunt? It was early whatever, but it was a tactical advantage not a plot device. You can spend 300 caps on a few cores and blow that high level camp out easily or hope you can pass it by chugging drugs.
>>
>>385729343
How is
>"You aren't smart enough to pick lock this door"
better than
>Oh shit this puzzle is difficult i better try something else.

You're the problem.
>>
>>385729556
>"You aren't smart enough to pick lock this door"
Because a real RPG would let the six-foot tall mechano man punch the rotting wooden door down.
>>
>>385729736
Glad we agree on the fact that rpgs are trash and we need more action/fps games.
>>
File: 1492535356376.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492535356376.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>385730412
>>
>>385721273
The other 3d games locked power armor behind progression through power armor training.

Making it avaliable 2 towns from the start is a bit of a mistake. It's also a bit too prevalent.
>>
>>385721273
It was unable to reconcile lore with the mechanics it utilized. Power armors should not be constantly wasting power cores.
>>
>>385731424
Once again. You can have it but you can't use it.
>>385730778
Why do you rpg fags rave about stats and numbers when that's not even what you want? Your precious little gay pony rpgs never delivered any of that, it was always the fps/action games which brought upon new ideas and interactions in the game world. You're wrong and your favorite genre is even lazier than the platformer crap indie devs push out. That's the truth.
>>
>>385731586
Sun shouldn't go around the earth every 12 minutes either, but it does.
>>
>>385731825
Never understood why video games insist on a half hour day cycle. It's not like I'm unable to just wait to a specific time.
>>
>>385721273
Its one of the few things the game did good actually.
Power Armor in the other games was pants on heads retarded with their arbitrary (late game) "training" lock.
>>
>>385732163
Because normies don't stick around that long.
and devs believe that clearing out a single location takes about a day.
In reality it would take 15 minutes, real combat is brutal and fast.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.