[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you play games that require character building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1499551077940.png (3KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1499551077940.png
3KB, 142x138px
How the fuck do you play games that require character building blind without getting a crippling sense of anxiety? I can't play an RPG that requires you to choose a class without constantly worrying that I picked the wrong one and eventually when I realize it it'll be too late. Fallout 3 is the only RPG with character building that I've beaten and that was because I used cheats.

How the fuck do I play something like Morrowind or VTMB without freaking out about my character build or spoiling myself by reading a guide?
>>
You set the game to easy on your first playthrough where literally any build will work.

On your second playthrough once you've figured out what's good you can choose more optimised classes.
>>
>>385717362
What the fuck defines picking a wrong class to you?
>>
>>385717506
picking a class that turns out to be shit or unfun and you don't realize until you're 20 or 30 hours in
>>
Is having this dilemma for FO4 stupid or not?
I'm almost 20 hours in a playthrough where I choose a melee brute (with the occasional energy weapon) that never leaves his power armor, affiliated with BoS, and I am having a surprising amount of fun. Didn't think it would've worked this good 2bh.

>inb4 todd
>>
>>385717506
>>385717541
Or even games when you pump an interesting skill that you think will be relevant, just to find that it's useless trash and the game never use it.
>>
>>385717541
Decent games are balanced so that picking the "wrong" class doesn't make the game unwinnable. If you're too much of an indecisive faggot you can go with the default/warrior class since it's usually the most straightforward and the one the game is balanced around since they expect most people to pick it. And if you seriously need to minmax on your first playthrough of a single player game you need to kys yesterday.
>>
>>385717814
>Is having this dilemma for FO4 stupid or not?
yes its stupid im pretty sure you can max everything in FO4
>>
>>385717362
I thought I was the only one.
Why don't make it so you have to go through a little of each at the beginning of the game so you can make a better decision?

I remember playing Skyrim for the first time a few years ago (my first TES) and I picked the lizard race because they can go underwater indefinitely. It turns out there's fuck nothing under water in the entire game.
>>
>>385718036
you can max everything in morrowind too, what's your point?
>>
>>385717506
For example, anything but a complete combat-focus in Lionheart.

Fuck that game and fuck it's devs.
>>
>>385718327
Morrowind requires some careful planning to maximize bonuses per level. Fallout 4 requires no such planning.
>>
My problem is when a game doesn't give you an option to reset or change class/skill points/whatever. I liked Kingdoms of Amalur a lot because it was so easy to respec, and you had a shit ton of options to choose from, even though the combat did get repetitive sometimes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.