[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play 2 games of this >first, find some stuff >eventually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

>play 2 games of this
>first, find some stuff
>eventually just go into house in play zone
>guy kills me
>game over
>not much fun but first game so whatever try again
>group 3 with randoms
>they stay in the same spot forever
>get bored and move up and find more items
>all just garbage anyway
>still haven't seen anyone
>eventually meet up with team again
>get to small inner circle
>still haven't even seen enemy
>moving from building to building
>turn corner, guy there, shot and killed
>placed 9th out of 100
>only saw 1 fucking enemy

Why is this so popular? It's not even mechanically solid.
>>
sounds like you're just bad at it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>385716418
because you lack creativity and imagination
>>
>>385716532
>Someone doesn't like a game
>"Your just shit xD"

Every fucking time you people

>>385716418
When I played it I thought the same thing,
>Plays five games
>RNG fucks me 3 of those games by giving me attachments and pistols nothing else
>1 game a weird glitch occurs so that I can't move while jumping out the plane so I end up in a shit loot place away from squad
>1 alright game

It was awful, every time I give it another chance it always disappoints. Maybe first person will somewhat make me want to play it again, who knows.
>>
>>385716418
G E T G O O D
E
T

G
O
O
D
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrh-1mY9N_c
>>
>>385716729
kek you like it and are just being tsun. you are way too cute
>>
Much like LoL and other garbage, it's a meme game in which people pretend is good because their favorite e-celebs play it. Anyone who actually enjoys it is probably underage.
>>
Are people this clueless in this game?
Me and my buddy always camp the bridge and get shit tons of kills out of it. Sure you can go to places nobody visit and complain why you don't find people.
>>
>>385716418
>still haven't seen anyone
>still haven't even seen enemy
Anon, how does that happen? Where do you drop? What do you do after dropping? The whole point of the game and the reason why people play it other than it's casual, is because you see enemies all the time, it never stops, and they should make a smaller map for less people.

A usual game for me is: dropping where most people drop, usually military base, get a gun in the first hangar I see, get a bag, and start hunting people. A few kills later I find some armor and helmet and some auto weapon, don't even bother with attachments, and usually go ambush people in the bridge (mainly when I'm with friends), kill a few more people, then snipe those running around like retards or find a settlement where two or more teams are fighting and go there to have a piece of the action. There's a reason why you don't get anything by finishing first, and you don't get penalty for dying or leaving the game, KDA is irrelevant. Just go shoot people until you die and start a new game. Of course you're gonna try to survive, and you're not gonna just suicide for no reason, but fun and intense situations are more important than what place you finish. And it's extremely satisfying when you managed to get over 15 kills while keeping all your teammate alive AND finished first at the same time.
>Why is this so popular?
Because it's a very casual, cheap, open world/multiplayer/EA shooter, great with friends and has just enough gameplay depth (bullet drop) to not be completely mind numbing.

That's like asking why is Smash or Zelda popular. Because like PUBG they appeal to a lot of people. The 2 year olds can just press button and see funny characters, 12-25 year olds can play with their friends, hardcore casual normies can play a game per month, it's just a game that targets a large part of the population. Why is Splatoon popular? Because it's a game that's designed to be played by literally everyone, from toddlers to parents.
>>
>>385716729
You are shit, though
>eventually meet up with team again
Why the fuck would you ever separate from them? Total shitter.
>>
>>385716418

You have to play it with your real life friends. Playing alone sucks.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-31+at+09.21.51).png (18KB, 962x265px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-31+at+09.21.51).png
18KB, 962x265px
>>385717774
OP isn't me faggot.
>>
File: 1500300735540.jpg (120KB, 1508x781px) Image search: [Google]
1500300735540.jpg
120KB, 1508x781px
>game is really fun
>why is this popular

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>385717967
Okay, then he's still a shitter because he sucks at the game. Your point was still retarded. His biggest reasons for not liking the game is because he is shit, separating from your team mates in this game is the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>385716729

This is a social game. You are not ment to play alone or with randoms. It's a game for you and your friends to fuck around in.
>>
>>385718029
>Basically calls me a samefag
>Doesn't argue any of the points just mindless insults

I'm on /v/ alright.
>>
>>385716927
Yes anon, if someone enjoys a game you don't, it's because they are underaged. And since there are people who think only underaged kids can like the games you like, this means that there isn't a single person that's not underaged out there, because there will always be someone who dislikes a game
>their favorite e-celebs play it.
e-celebs play a lot of games, how is that an argument or relevant in any way? Has it ever occured to you that maybe, just maybe they play a certain game because they like said game? We have multiple Overwatch threads EVERY FUCKING DAY, and overwatch is also popular and played by e-celebs, why isn't /v/ bitching about it? Right, because /v/ plays Overwatch and is on consoles. Wait until PUBG gets released on consoles and suddenly it'll be the greatest game of the last few years.
>meme game
What is a meme game anon? What does that even mean?
>>
File: quSfd-0L[1].jpg (24KB, 590x424px) Image search: [Google]
quSfd-0L[1].jpg
24KB, 590x424px
>>385718271
>What is a meme game anon? What does that even mean?

If you do not know what it means you do not belong here. Leave immediately.
>>
>>385716418
For every 3 or so boring matches there's an incredible one. It's like gambling. The chips won't fall the way you want most of the time but occasionally, shit starts going your way and it's intense.

Come back when you've gotten 10+ kills in one match and then you can judge this game.
>>
I get bored to tears playing solo but there's something special about winning with a random squad.
>>
>>385718141
You're not even making any sense.
>>
Honest review plz
>>385715630
>>
>few weeks ago, was wondering what the big deal about this game is
>Watch a stream for a few minutes to see the game
>some whiny British dude
>he's just camping behind a tree the whole time with a buddy
>They go to a nearby building as the circle gets smaller
>he gets shot
>he spends the next 5 minutes bitching about the game, and how it wasn't his fault he died

Pathetic desu. Are all streamers this whiny and such sore losers? Also the game looks like boring shit
>>
>>385718410
Why do people who use the term "meme game" and other meaningless buzzwords NEVER explain what that means when asked by other anons, and enter full damage control? Not a single fucking time. I'll tell you why, beause it doesn't mean anything and similar to other buzzwords like "boring" is used to define a game they don't like but don't have actual arguments.

Why would you deflect the question like that while implying people should know what a word that doesn't mean anything means, instead of simply answering, what is a meme game.
>>
>>385718919
meme game, as in trendy game. as in, everyone will pick it up for a shorttime and then hate it for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>385718649
>Also the game looks like boring shit
Of course it's gonna be boring shit if the player does everything he possibly can to make it as boring and anti fun as possible.
>>
Play with some people if you can and go for towns with a few people dropping down and you get some action early on.
Find a car and go hunting from there and its pretty fun.
You will get those games where you get a kill and die by being in a bad position and then you'll get that game where you have killed 10 people and your in for a good chance of winning.
>>
>>385718919
>meme game

It means that it's a fad. Flavour of the month. Twitch bate. A game of no depth or real value. A cash grab consumed by the lowest of the low.
>>
>>385719095

You're*

Please learn the difference.
>>
>>385719190
Your a fag
>>
>autismos get butblasted because of a social game
cant make this shit up
>>
>>385719008
>trendy game
So literally EVERY game that gets released?
>everyone will pick it up for a shorttime and then hate it for the rest of their lives.
Why do you you assume EVERYONE will pick it up? What about those who don't? Why do you assume it'll be picked up for only a short amount of time, and why do you assume everyone who played will suddenly start hating for the rest of their lives for no reason. Why would they hate it if they liked it before?

The definition doesn't really make sense, is Botw a meme game? Trendy, shilled to hell and back by every e-eceleb and real life celeb EVER, streamed like crazy, sold a shitton, was discussed like crazy all over the place then a month and a half later, nothing. We now have as many botw threads as we have skyrim threads.
>>
>>385716418
I think the popularity is because it is at its core an extremely casual game. Winning is so difficult for most players that they see it as an impossible goal and therefore they don't see losing as a problem. Add that it has "hardcore" elements like bullet drop and bullet velocity and a player can masturbate to the idea of their being a "hardcore gamer".

I honestly think this is why it's so popular. It's like the perfect mix of making a player FEEL like a hardcore gamer while not being pressured to actually perform and focus on winning due to how impossible many players feel that is.

It's a decent concept but the devs are faggots, it has far too many eceleb streamers and the playerbase is mostly a bunch of whiney bitches (literally league tier in this regard).
>>
>>385719128
Very few people actually do things just because they're popular. It really makes no sense. Do you honestly believe someone would invest 30+ hours into something they had absolutely zero interest in? There are exceptions but it's not as often as you'd like to believe.
>>
>>385719128
>it's a fad
Like 95% of the games made since the beginning of gaming.
>Flavour of the month
But there is nothing wrong with being fotm, noone ever said games have to stay alive for a certain period of time. And again, that's the case for most games out there, people usually play it the most at release.
And how exactly can PUBG be flavour of the month if it's been top seller for MULTIPLE months now?
>Twitch bate.
I'm assuming you meant "bait". I'll ask you this. What exactly does twitch bait mean? Streamers play A SHITTON of games, is every game played on twitch twitch bait? Am I supposed to stop liking Dark Souls and Bloodborne because autistic speedrunners play the game while hundreds of kids give them money? We can discuss the definition of this meme word later if you want.
>A game of no depth
A game doesn't HAVE TO be deep, and depth isn't related in any way to "memes". It's a casual game, why would it have depth? People are playing exactly because you can play a game from time to time with your brain turned off and don't get a penalty if you lose or disconnect. Splatoon, Smash, Overwatch don't have depth, are played by streamers, a big part of the players are literal kids, why do you not call them meme games, we have 50 threads of each every day? Depth was never a good game's defining feature.
>real value
What determines the value of a game for you?
>Cash grab
What determines a cash grab anon? Games that sell well but you don't like? It's a half priced game that will give to MOST people who played it a shitton of play hours. Wanna know what a cashgrab is? Releasing GTAV 3 times, DayZ, paid console online, etc... That's just a multiplayer game.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.