[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm creating a modpack for Skyrim with over 400 mods. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 26

I'm creating a modpack for Skyrim with over 400 mods. I wanted to deliver it to the public in a single huge file so people can just copy and paste.

However, a dude told me that I need to ask for every single author of every single mod for their authorization on this.

I am trying to understand WHY, because it sounds super stupid. Ok, claiming that I made all mods there or pretend that it is not a modpack would be theft, but if I list every single mod with a link to their respective Nexus page, why would I still have to ask for authorization? I'm not making any money with this...

Help me /v/ and modders. Why would I need their authorization and what could happen if I simply don't
>>
>>385711771
Well if you want to release it on Nexus or anywhere, you have to get their permission because it's their work. I know yes it's based on and in someone elses game but still.

That said if you want to just release it here and basically just pop it around and shill it on megas, who cares about getting permission.
>>
>>385711771
Just fucking do it you pussy. What is the worst that can happen? You upset some autistic modder? Oh no what a shame.
>>
>>385711880
Dummy, I am worried about legal shit. I don't know if I can get sued
>>
>>385711771
As far as I know it's just a courtesy thing they enforce on modding sites. I doubt there's anything they could do if you uploaded it to MEGA or something.
>>
>>385711771
legally nothing can happen, but original authors can get it taken down from places like nexus.

a lot of people will go ahead and write that redists are fine, but if you're trying to stay in good faith you should at least check and ask the ones that don't.
>>
>>385711937
I mean, I don't give a fuck about modders being upset, unless a real and solid reason is given.

That said, if legal shit is envolved I will simply post it anonymously and with fake accounts arround the internet. Won't give any information about me so they won't be able to track me down.

I'll just throw it in the wind
>>
>>385711771
you're gonna get swatted, modders hold a lot of power these days
>>
>>385712060
Give me 20 good men and I could take the Modders out.
>>
File: skyrim mod it crash.jpg (80KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim mod it crash.jpg
80KB, 500x613px
>over 400 mods

This seems excessive even by Skyrim standards, I remember back when I tried to drown the game in mods I barely came close to 200 and that was pushing it with a lot of single-file custom armor sets / weapons.
>>
I found a really good art once and I wanted to make a t-shirt with it for myself and myself only.

I decided to ask for the author's authorization, as courtesy, to put it on a t-shirt for myself.

Sent a polite happy message asking, which he replied nothing but: "NO". Capitalized.

So I did it anyway. Fuck him
>>
File: 0F3MhT6n.png (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0F3MhT6n.png
84KB, 400x400px
Post it. I've been looking for something like this for years. I've done the long process of modding before, but as the years go on I have less and less time to sink into modding my game. I know a lot of people who would be interested in something like that, including myself.
>>
Legally they can do nothing. Just host it on mega and post it here. If you put it on nexus you'll probably have people nark you out to one of the original authors and they'll have a cry, and it may get removed but that's it.
>>
>>385712172
Good for you anon, fuck that entitled artist.
>>
>>385712123
There is a modpack called "journey" who holds over 400 mods. It's 32gb.

I downloaded it some days ago but I disliked some major mods the dude used. I fucked up the gameplay imo. Like FUCKING PERMA-DEATH. If you die you lose your save, goodbye!

So I disabled some of those and I started to experience random crashes. Went to his post to ask for help, but he was just rude and did not helped.

Called him out for his stupidity and decided to make a better modpack by myself.

TL;DR you can have over 400 mods working fine if you spent OVER 15 HOURS ON IT (and counting)
>>
Well that would be nice, I don t want to réinstaller every mod and be careful with compabtibilty
Do you have at least the list of mod you intend to put on it?

If you Can,try toi contact them all otherwise, just put it on mega and post it here
>>
File: cat grab.jpg (83KB, 950x1424px) Image search: [Google]
cat grab.jpg
83KB, 950x1424px
>>385712320
I imagine you could have well over 400, problem is that <100 of those are going to be good.
>>
File: stalker.jpg (30KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
30KB, 480x343px
>>385711771
>Why would I need their authorization and what could happen if I simply don't
Because the way that most modding distribution sites work, people measure the "success" of their mods based on the number of downloads from their own profile. If you share their mods but it does not lead to them getting +1 download number on their own profile, they feel like you are stealing their thunder and the attention they deserve.

And the mod distribution sites like Nexus, ModDB etc... comply with this attitude. If people find that their mod is being distributed by someone else's profile, and file in a complaint, the distribution site WILL comply and will have your mod deleted.

That is all there is to it. People in modding communities compete for downloads and attention. Using their work as part of your mod compilation means that you are getting a download instead of them, and that makes them feel bad.

This attitude has basically ruined modding communities across the board, by the way, and hugely diminishes appeal of modding. Combined with poor modding support it's the biggest issue most modding-heavy games suffer from.

One of the few that largely avoided this kind of shit was core Stalker modding community, as well Factorio. It has pretty much ruined Beth and Minecraft modding circles.
>>
File: Sem título.png (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
291KB, 1920x1080px
If anyone has the patience, here's a list with at least half of them.

By the way, I accept help!
>>
You won't have any issues, give us the good shit.
>>
>>385712418
oh no why hold kitty like this :(
>>
>>385711771
That's a really shit idea, because install order and load order are important. You can't just plop 400 mods onto a fresh install and expect it to work, or to be any fun even if it does.
You won't get sued, but you will get a thousand emails from clueless newfags who can't be arsed to learn to mod properly, thought they were getting a shortcut, and now have broken games.
>>
File: cat_grab_01.jpg (21KB, 317x291px) Image search: [Google]
cat_grab_01.jpg
21KB, 317x291px
>>385712573
THIS IS WHY
>>
For the ones who doubt that you can have over 400 working fine, check this: http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_p152425847#post152425847

I don't recommend wasting your time downloading this 32gb of frustration tho.
>>
Have you tested long-term effects of your pack on game stability, save bloat etc? Basically, have you beaten the game with it?
>>
File: 1.png (600KB, 1040x2716px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
600KB, 1040x2716px
And here's the conversation with the spoiled cunt responsable for Journey
>>
File: Sem título.png (95KB, 807x747px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
95KB, 807x747px
>>385712797
I'm far from it. I'm still learning how to do things properly, after fucking up with Nexus Mod Manager and learning the hard way that it sucks.

I'm currently following tutorials and guides since no one wanted to help.

Taking a break from it here atm
>>
File: 1471371145829.jpg (8KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1471371145829.jpg
8KB, 244x244px
>>385712938
jesus christ that avatar

you seem like a whiny faggot that can't read instructions honestly
>>
>>385713013
MO is great for self-modding, but are you sure you can redistribute your pack later? As far as I know, MO doesn't touch game files or mod files, but runs everything from a virtual directory. Can you export your whole setup with it?
>>
>>385713157
Thanks
>>
>>385713162
I'll find out when I finish this, but let's hope that someone here answer that.
>>
File: Sem título.png (177KB, 1294x780px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
177KB, 1294x780px
Recommend me soudtracks for this.
Been working with Kevin Macleod's shit unitil now
>>
>>385713157
This desu. If you can't get your own game working then you shouldn't be assembling a mod pack for people with even less experience than yourself. You gotta let the newfags learn to mod themselves from the ground up.
>>
>>385713528
I'm making this modpack for myself. If I manage to get it done and get it right, with no crashes or issues, I will then upload it for whoever wants to play. Quit being dense
>>
Haven't touched Skyrim in some years. Do you still need ENBoost or do we have something new for memory issues?
>>
File: yTcilHA.jpg (57KB, 1592x1557px) Image search: [Google]
yTcilHA.jpg
57KB, 1592x1557px
Making this pack made me realise how disgusting Bethesta is.

Skyrim is almost 6 years old, has been released 5 times already and yet they still don't solve its issues, not even content issues or basic stuff.

Modders will do it for them.
>>
>all these reddit spacing
>Skyrim
Really activates your charcoal
>>
>>385714015
Yeah, and as a result, the modding community is a mess. I always though that Bethesda games are easy and well adjusted for mods: it was not until I've seen how other games, like Factorio, can handle their modding that I realized that NO: Modding Beth games is a fucking NIGHTMARE, and about hundred times fucking harder than it ever should be.
They can't even get the one thing their games are most popular for right.
>>
>>385711771
You can do it anyway and upload it to Mega and keep just with the community on /vg/ on elder scrolls general. I personally hate to start from scratch every time when I want to make Oblivion/Skyrim beautiful etc. So make your modpack and package it in a fashion that it's deployable and upload it somewhere. Post here again. Don't ask permissions unless you upload it to Nexus or something.
>>
>>385714363
>bashed patches
>lodgens
>memory fixes
>script extenders
>file cleaners
Why do I have to do all that, Bethesda?
>>
>>385712938
What a faggot. Just kill yourself. Your kind of people don't get anything done in life. You expect others to spoonfeed you while you whine passive aggressively. Fuck off.
>>
>>385714328
pic related

>>385714439
I'm sorry to dissapoint you but I am not aiming for high textures. In fact, every mod that had options between 1k~4k textures, I've choosen 1k.

The resolution of the textures are not what makes the game beautiful. Using HD crap would only make it laggy. And jesus, FPS > Graphics.

World of Warcraft vanilla is still prettier than a bunch of high tex games. It's not the graphics that matter when it comes to beauty, it's the asthetics.
>>
>>385714517
>Why do I have to do all that, Bethesda?
Because Bethesda isn't really optimizing their games for good modding support.
>>
>>385714526
>install mod
>it has stupid shit
>remove stupid shit
>game doesn't work properly anymore
>ask help from dev
>he acts like an asshole and implies that I did things that I did not
>I quit the polite zone, show him (poorly) that he's retarded and decide to make my own mod pack
>been learning and working on it for over 15 hours

>Your kind of people don't get anything done in life. You expect others to spoonfeed you while you whine passive aggressively

Here, grab my dick
>>
>>385714731
You are an idiot. The dev could have been a bit more polite and less of an asshole in his conduct, but you were the one REALLY in the wrong from start and he owed you no curtesy.
He has done certain job - one that you could potentially benefit with it. He did provide also clear instruction on how to use it, because due to purely technical reasons, the mod pack can't be messed around with too much.

You got mad because the work he offered for free does not fit your particular, personal criteria, messed with it ignoring completely his instructions, which resulted in an unavoidable technical fuckup, demanded him to fix it, clearly had no idea what this all entailed from technical perspective, and then continued to be a complete bitch.

He might have not proven himself to be the most reserved and polite person, but you proved yourself to be a moron and an entitled cunt. You'll get absolutely zero sympathy here.
>>
Can I be a cute little girl with your mods pack OP? This is important.
>>
File: Sem título.png (915KB, 1293x493px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
915KB, 1293x493px
I ran out of Kevin MacLeod. Still accepting soundtrack recommendations!

>>385714995
Some of you are just really autistic. The dude indeed made a modpack that did not fitted me 100%. I wanted to change it, so I asked for his help.

If he had replied something like "fixing this would take too much time and I don't want to put so much effort on it. I'm sorry, but you'll have to fix it on your own." way my reaction to it wouldn't be negative. I would understand and either try to fix it by myself or give up.

If he wanted to be wholesome he could have also pointed out guides and tutorials to fix my problem. Either way my reaction would be the same.

Shut the fuck up
>>
Upload it to some rusky website.
>>
>>385715114
You can't, sorry. I'm avoiding anything that would break immersion too much, things that would get out of the medieval theme.

Things like Gut's sword and Dark Souls armor are there. They're not nordic and would break immersion for some people, however, I'm aiming for something fantasy-like, not nordic-like.

There will be naked woman tho. And I just thought about adding sex mods...
>>
File: photo (2).jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo (2).jpg
95KB, 900x900px
>>385715237
>Kevin MacLeod music
>nerdy facial hair
>complaining on the internet

w h e w
>>
>>385715237
>I wanted to change it, so I asked for his help.
Actually, you broke it, that is why you asked for help. And he told you that you broke it because you clearly did not listen to his instructions, which DID EXIST for technical reasons: something you would have realized if you had the faintest clue what modding actually involves.

There are no guides or tutorial really, outside of learning how to fucking mod from ground up. There was no other solution to your problem than uninstalling the entire mod pack, making a clear install of the game, and then installing each of the mods you wanted by hand. Process which due to compatibility issues would take days, possibly weeks to do. Because install orders and loadorders are a BITCH.

If you don't know what you are doing, you don't get to bitch about what other people do in order to save you trouble.
>>
>>385715443
It's not nerdy, it's shitty it looks like that because it simply doesn't grow properly
>>
>>385711771
You could get sued for unauthorized distribution of copyrighted content. You almost certainly won't, though.
>>
>>385711771

Stop being a retard you don't need to do shit if you are making a compilation.

Just add a note that has the credits and source thats fucking all.
>>
>>385715472
Let me chew the information for you since you're a baby who can't do it by yourself.

>I followed the instructions.
>It worked properly.
>Then I removed some mods that I disliked and I broke it.
>Unaware of if it was possible or not to fix it in a decent way, I asked for the dev's help.
>Who had 100% power under his decision and response.
>He did not wanted to help, which is 100% ok. However, he was rude, acted like a spoiled cunt, "YOU FUCKED IT UP". Yeah, I know I did dumbass, that's why I'm here.

He simply assumed and implied that I did not followed his instructions.
Again, shut the fuck up you autistic moron.
>>
>>385711771
who is this semen demon?
>>
400 mods and the will be still shit.
>>
>>385715803
...seriously?
It's filthy frank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFhH98DOwc
>>
>>385711771
This is the problem with the mod community. Fair enough, that people want to be respected. But that's just fucking tedious. Reminds me of writing research papers. I like writing, but you know why i refuse to do it for a living? Because fuck resource pages with their formal bullshit. I should be able to just type the Title, ISBN/Website URL and be done. Fuck all that other stupid bullshit. If someone really cares what year it was written they can find that shit out when they find the book. Fuck them.
>>
>>385715850
I'm talking about the sexy blonde, Frank must be the guy's name
>>
File: edgy.png (227KB, 456x330px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
227KB, 456x330px
It will never stop amusing me how /v/ is the edgiest board on 4chan. Look at some of those heartwarming, helpful replies.
Even /b/, who's supposed to be a place full of shocking crap and disgusting weird people isn't.

>videogames doesn't make you violent
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>385711937
>pirate millions of dollars worth of software and digital goods including some leaked police tools and confidential shit
>seed constantly
>no VPN
>zero consequences after ten years
Stop being a pussy
>>
In all likelihood, Nexus won't let you upload a pack like that. At best they'll allow a custom installer wih separate links to mods you used, but what's the point then?

Nobody will complain if you do it via torrent or mega though.
>>
Some modders are niggers and do it for the e-fame, some are pretty cool and you don't even have to ask.
I say, do it anyway.
>>
File: 1501361809488.jpg (51KB, 465x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501361809488.jpg
51KB, 465x512px
>nobody will ever make an all in one pack of all the loverslab mods because the entire site would throw an autistic shitfit
>>
>>385711937
How can they sue you if you don't put up your contact info?
>>
>>385717209
Yeah about that, why are they so autistic over there?
It's obscene, not so long ago one of them were throwing a hissyfit because a modder was "stepping on someone's turf" by expanding his own mod to do some shit the other guys mod was doing.
It's like they have to be handled with kiddygloves otherwise they'll go all "I'll remove all my mods because you said mean things".
>>
>>385711771
only gay cucks would object to having their mob included in some pack. If they complain you don't want a mod from a faggot like that anyway
>>
>>385711771
You don't need permission.

Just sell it on Steam for $50 a pop. Literally nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>385711771
Would love to do something like this for the general community, I'm a dirty edit wizard of the 10th order but I hate talking to people.
>>
>>385712938
Wow daniel needs to shut the fuck up and make his own shit.
Why did the retard download a pack he doesn't like in the first place?
>>
Why would anyone even want that?
The good thing about mods is that you can pick and choose what you want.
>>
>>385714641
>The resolution of the textures are not what makes the game beautiful. Using HD crap would only make it laggy. And jesus, FPS > Graphics.
You can't exceed 60 fps anyways otherwise you break the physics (and probably other stuff), so there's that.
>>
>>385715939
It does seem redundant in this era, but It's like the minimal bar to entry. If you can't hop that hurdle you're kind of terrible. (not you specifically)
>>
what the fuck did you just say to me, i'll have you know that i am a famous skyrim mod lawyer and our litigation team has over 300 confirmed subpoenas
>>
File: v1.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>385715484
>>
>>385718959
Hold on, I've seen it before...

Is this really a thing?
>>
>>385718802
Do you know if you like a specific food before trying it?

Autism
>>
File: 1490367274746.jpg (80KB, 472x630px) Image search: [Google]
1490367274746.jpg
80KB, 472x630px
>>385720236
What?
A mullet and sideburns?
It's a thing if you're a hick.
>>
Oh, it gets worse!
How do you qualify this horrible thing?
(besides "trash")
>>
>>385720494
Fuck off daniel, I'm sure the modpack had a description that you forgot to read.
>>
>>385720557
no, the facial hair just grows in that way. literally a genetic hick.
>>
>>385718875

Yes.

I also understand why modder's don't want this. You already have hundreds of people whining at you that your mod doesn't work or it broke their save game when they didn't read the FAQ. Now you'd have a bunch of people who don't even really know what your mod does blame you for shit that the mod merger caused.
>>
>>385718901
Yeah, I guess so. But it doesn't really speak to anyone's quality just because they don't want to to go through the tedium. The larger the project, often times the more "honoring" people you have to do. It just wastes time as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: 1501443863093.jpg (2MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1501443863093.jpg
2MB, 3008x2000px
lmao at this faggot
>>
>>385712172
What was the art? I'd like to pirate it too.
>>
>>385723282
It took me too long to find it back in the day, not doing it again.
Original picture and my edit of it is long gone on the computer of my ex workplace.
T-Shirt died some months ago on a mosh pit.
But it was Drow Ranger from Dota 2.
>>
>>385718524
Is this why there are a million shit half-finished mods that are never updated or improved upon?
>>
File: Sem título.png (947KB, 900x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
947KB, 900x1976px
>>385723282
nvm found it
I ended up choosing the second version
>>
I said it was Drow Ranger from Dota 2 but I meant Sylvannas from WoW...
Fucked up hard
>>
>>385723883
Cool I'm gonna make my own shirt, but erase that ugly signature.
>>
>>385723883
fucking faggot go kill yourself
>>
i remember a guy called Blood making a mod for doom which was literally nothing but stolen assets dumped together and being told off for it. however since technically none of the modders owned any of the assets at all he simply kept working on it and ignored them and it was for a while a decently popular mod.
they can whine, bitch and moan all they want, but they don't own the game and anything they put in it isn't their crap either
>>
>>385711771
You can't just re-release other people's work, anon.
>>
>>385711771
Just deliver it to the public you dickwad. Unless you're retarded enough to try and put a fucking compilation of other people's work on fucking Nexus, just put the zip on a mega link with a text file giving credits and description and paste it around. Write a separate article on which mods you included and why and put that on Nexus so that people can assemble them themselves if they want.
>>
File: C16-cbqUQAA7gIz.jpg (96KB, 526x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C16-cbqUQAA7gIz.jpg
96KB, 526x1200px
>>385711771
I get legal shit can seem mysterious to those who don't deal with it, but as long as you aren't profitting or some scam shit you won't get in trouble. That being said, for sure do NOT put your name or info anywhere on it since it would be considered a dick move to those mod creators, just make a notepad file with the mod name and authors names and youll be in the clear.

Also post that shit because I've wanted to play some modded skyrim for awhile but was lazy to go find mods.
>>
>>385711937
Why the fuck are you even doing this? If you're putting your name on this then that means you're doing it for the attention and e-fame and you're pathetic and should kill yourself. If you're really doing this because you're a nice guy then you should release it anonymously as "random /v/ anon's recommended modpack".
>>
>>385723883
The text fucking ruins it, artist was right to say no you massive faggot.
>Second version
the color against a black and white pic makes it look even worse holy shit, if you're gonna steal art at least make it look nice jesus.
>>
> want to do a Star Wars Battlefront 2 mod changing the classes and skins a bit to make it more like in the movies and tv shows
> basically all of the assets exist already but I have to ask all of these fuckers for everything
> clone trooper skins were all created by individuals so I would need to compile an endless list of which legions coolguy1234 did
> like half the mods or mod authors are dead, their mods only exist as mega links and probably won't care either way but just one stupid cunt has to say they want it removed to fuck up the listing on a normal site and I don't want the hassle of distributing it anonymously

This really takes the fun out of modding.
>>
>>385724085
>and anything they put in it isn't their crap either

Untrue. Your own assets do not become Bethesda's just because you included them in a mod. Not ports or modifications of existing assets obviously.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.