[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm running doom2 with dosbox, and it's playable,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: uaclabs.jpg (138KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uaclabs.jpg
138KB, 1440x1080px
So I'm running doom2 with dosbox, and it's playable, but I'm only getting around 25 fps as a high average. I don't want that part of the authentic 90s experience. This is a shitty work laptop with a 1.4 gigahertz cpu, so it should be able to run a game as simple as doom 2 excellently. I've tried the keyboard shortcuts for increasing emulated cpu speed, but nothing has changed.

What are your thoughts?
>>
Just use gzdoom or some similar derivative
>>
>>
>>385699005
why not use one of the sourceports?
Or if you really want the vanilla experience, use chocolate doom
>>
Just use Gzdoom or Zdoom my dude
>>
>>385699005
Just use a source port.
If you want it all smooth and nice but still authentic to the original, use ZDoom and turn off jumping, crouching, and free aim.
>>
Want something more vanilla for now, will give chocolate doom a try. Thanks.
>>
>>385699131
>ZDoom instead of gzdoom

my man
>>
>>385699005
Get a source port

If you want an experience as close to original DOS version as possible use Chocolate Doom

Otherwise get GZDoom
>>
I know 4chan isn't google, but I'm not finding anything for this question and I'm pretty technologically illiterate. How do I configure zdoom to work with dosbox?
>>
>>385699295
>How do I configure zdoom to work with dosbox?
It doesn't, it's a source port. It just runs in windows and you feed it the .wad
>>
>>385699295
you need to install windows in dosbox
>>
>>385699295
it's a source port, so instead of emulating DOS in windows to run the original game you use a modified engine that runs on modern windows and modern hardware. If you have this much trouble with doom, you'll never get the Quake soundtracks to work
>>
>>385699005
lower resolution or 3d screenspace with - and +
alternatively use a sourceport
>>
I'll never understand the autism behind people going for the "authentic experience" instead of just enjoying the fucking game.

Like everyone said just get ZDoom or GZDoom and play it. It's 100% still good old Doom.
>>
Tried launching GZdoom, got this

Execution could not continue.

R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!

Oh fug, now I have to work around this.
>>
>>385699785
for fucks sake
search "how to play doom on windows" on youtube or something similar. There are videos that literally tell you when and where you need to click like they are explaining loging in to email to some grandma
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.