[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this game? Aside from PUBG nothing has really caught

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: foxhole.png (89KB, 460x213px) Image search: [Google]
foxhole.png
89KB, 460x213px
Opinions on this game? Aside from PUBG nothing has really caught my attention lately as being that great, but I have been playing it non-stop since I got it a few days ago and was wondering if anyone on here has noticed Foxhole. It has a few things which piss me off like the sulfur respawn rate but other than that it seems to have a lot of potential.
>>
RWR with some survival bullshit to claim it's not a copy pasta.

Also you can't mute players, so prepare yourself to hear hundred of retarded kids.
>>
>>385684293
>F1
>find player
>click speaker icon
>>
>>385684182
this is game that requires a decent community. once it goes cancerous it's all ogre.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 392x222px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
49KB, 392x222px
>>385684182
>early access non-korean, no waifu simulator, non-WoW MMORPG with guns
dead in a week
>>
>>385684293
Survival bullshit? Logistics =/= survival
>>
>>385684453
Hi dev. Shill and lie somewhere else please.
>>
>>385684182
The combat and building fortifcations is fun as fuck, but there is literally no fucking reason why any of the logistics bullshit shouldn't be automated.
>>
>>385684182
> early access

Don't fall for this shit.
>>
>>385684674
yeah ill second this
they need to make the logistics a lot more streamlined
whacking stuff to get resources is minecraft tier autism
at least if you could just drive around and pick them up and creating items wasnt so tedious logistics would be more fun
other than that it has been pretty fun
>>
>>385684674
>>385684858
listen to these guys
the game is pretty fun
probably the most fun i had in a game since i'm gaming (nearly 15years!)

the state of the game is completely playable with no bugs

+ it's not an expensive game

if you start you should probably do a stream so the gamee will sell more because it deserve it
>>
>>385684858
There should honestly just be a commander who puts in orders for resources to be sent out to the front.
>>
>>385685056
/thread
get the game op
>>
>>385684535
It wasn't that alive when it was free either, a decent playerbase but nothing big.
>>
Didn't work for me, .dll errors, any fixes? I love running with rifles and still host for my mates to do some co op sieges, but I want to give this a go because it seems more longterm.
>>
>>385685208
still more players than battleborn lol
>>
>>385685208
Yeah it has been around for a while and hasn't died, has a niche dedicated community
if they fixed the logistics like
>>385684858
and
>>385684674
suggest, it could become bigger
It has a really weird effect on people. The community seems to be pretty nice because they know that if they don't help each other things are only going to get worse on the map / faction they've chosen. Kind of planetside-ish where strangers where people will actually team with you
>>
who the actual fuck thought that the current logistics system was alright
>>
>>385685389
The teamwork should come from co-ordinating artillery barrages, building bases, and working together as a squad. Menial tasks like supply and production should be 100% automated.
>>
>>385685548
Eh the supply and production thing is boring at the moment and they need to patch it up, but I think that having players actually involved in it is good. It adds more objectives for everyone to have an impact on the game
>>
>>385686192
Its autistic and dull. I don't know why they decided to make the most boring element of any war a function that has to be preformed by the players.
>>
The logistic system seems fine for the most part. It gdoesn't bed other duties besides fighting and make disrupting supply lines a real system. Maybe increase the pace of gathering scrap but I don't know why you'd want it automated. It will also become better once the community finds better ways to organize it. Eventually there will be pro logistics artists who improve its efficiency like real war planning
>>
>>385687137
It gives other duties besides fighting*
>>
>>385687230
It's boring as fuck and it slows the game down immensely. If there aren't any autists around who want to build mine scrap, you're completely fucked. If I want to start building shit, I have to run from my spawn to a scrap yard, run back and forth between the scrapyard and the factory until I have enough metal for a truck, then spend 30 minutes loading up the truck with scrap while driving back and forth between different factories that aren't even right fucking next to each other. It's retarded.
>>
>>385687569
Ideally your town halls should be stocked by the supply line. Doing logistics solo just to build what you want is very tedious but also not how it's intended. I rarely have matches without logistic teams and when I find a game with noone willing I just switch servers.

The games not really meant to be a 100% action all the time shooter. It recreates the downtime and fucking around of war as well. It sounds like you just want a different game. RWR is more like that.
>>
>>385687569
Get Running with Rifles, its what you are looking for.

I like logistics because that was my role in a ARMA group, you dont know shit about strategy if you dont use logistics and guerrilla tactics to bring down a enemy to its knees, not by fighting head on in a town, but just starving it of resources.
>>
>>385688040
This, there's always people willing to logi and it adds an immense strategy to the game
>>
>>385688040
The thing is, though, you could still fuck up the enemy's logistics if it was automated, like in planetside 1.
>>
>>385688197
It'd just be a lot less interesting. You can't make the kind of depth in logistics with automation like you can with humans. Comparing planetsides logistics to Arma is a good example
>>
>>385688197
By automated what do you mean exactly?

You mean mining shit with a machine? If so, it would be interesting players sitting protecting a machine, even a small squad.

But supplies convoys that need to be driven around by players to towns and the whole refining resources into weapons and shit is part of what makes logistics great because a lot of shit can hit the fan there.

There could be a middle point of this, but you are taking away depth where is a war that needs coal to keep going, if the coal team stops working, the whole machine goes down.
>>
Bought it last night, played for a couple hours and will keep playing now and then.

It's really fun, especially when you find a squad and just do shit together like help fortify your base or go on the offensive and try to take shit from the enemies guerrilla style

At $18 I'd definitely recommend it. There are some cons to the game, like I wish there was more direction added to your faction, maybe having a couple commanders on your army controlling regiments or portions of the map, because I get the feeling we're all a flock of headless chickens running around wherever our squad leader tells use to go. But it's not a big deal since it's in alpha, the game has a long way to go.
>>
File: 112.jpg (57KB, 680x618px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
57KB, 680x618px
>that time in the alpha when punches were a one-hit-kill and literally running up and meleeing someone was more effective than using weapons
>>
>>385684182
It's worth the price.
>>
>>385689236
God bless your soul.
>>
>>385684637
>shill for telling someone how to mute someone
/v/ has sunken further than /vg/ at this point, atleast the waifuposting came to a head over there, this place just keeps sinking. i hope this is bait because if it is, its good bait.
>>
File: kag1.gif (1002KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kag1.gif
1002KB, 640x480px
>>385688040
>logistics in Arma 2 Warfare mod
its a god damn shame Warefare/CTI is dead, it was literally the most fun you could have in ARMA with a dedicated group on weekends

Now its Battle royale, KOTH, and Wasteland tier autism bait
Besides joining a platoon of people for military roleplay operations which isnt too bad if you know good guys

King Arthur's Gold was my shit when it was populated, kinda similar to OP's sort of game, see pic
>>
>>385685065
Perhaps the commander could choose how much supplies come in by a railroad, and the railroad can be extended as the troops move forward
>>
File: 1448168496387.png (791KB, 471x923px) Image search: [Google]
1448168496387.png
791KB, 471x923px
>>385684182
Haven't bought it
It looks super awesome but something about the top-down angle makes it seem like shooting at eachother is kinda awkward
>>
Is this game alright to play if you have no friends?
>>
So is it good or not
>>
So, I'm in the queue for 5 minutes. Is it normal?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.