[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've only played mgs1 and I recently bought mgsv is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1146182181869397693.jpg (72KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
1146182181869397693.jpg
72KB, 500x617px
I've only played mgs1 and I recently bought mgsv is there anything plot wise I should know beforehand? from what I know it takes place before mgs1 and focuses on big boss
>>
>>385672965
Big Boss was part of this one huge mercenary group that got destroyed by Zorro and he's been hospitalized
You're good to go
>>
>>385672965
for some reason, russians are dicks.

go and strangle them all.
>>
so cringe wow. play all of them wtf, You're gunna miss so much plot wise. what a waste
>>
The actual Angola-Zaire border of the 1980s was crazier than what's in the game.
>>
>>385674364
dont listen to this cocksucker, play the game blind and enjoy it for what it is.
>>
>>385674698
He would have a better time if he actually knew all the back story of previous games. at LEAST mgs3. Didnt know /v/ was this casual
>>
>>385675039
Try saying that in a more populated thread
>>
Some guy that was never mentioned in the previous games, but worked for Big Boss' former CO, goes rogue and blows up motherbase.

Big Boss hunts him down for revenge.

The plot is retarded just enjoy the open world sneaking part.
>>
why has no one made a playstyle roll chart for this game?
>>
File: IMG_0927.jpg (138KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0927.jpg
138KB, 1000x563px
>>385672965
They may as well be different series given how little the games have in common. You'll be completely lost but that's okay because MGSV's story sucks and is totally skippable.

Just pretend Solid Snake went back in time to fight the Russians or something. Wear the sneaking suit and bandana for effect.
>>
I asked on here awhile ago about playing the whole series from scratch and saved the guys comment

>Get the HD collection + MGS1 from PSN or the legacy collection, and MGS4 and MGS5. Play them in release order. Not chronological order.

>MGS1 might look outdated, but it's still great in many ways and fundamental for your enjoyment of MGS2.

>Forgot to add: you don't need to play the MG games. They are included in MGS3 if you want to play them, but not necessary for understanding the overall plot. You can read their synopsis in MGS1 or the internet.
>>
>>385672965
mgs1 is about the clone of the character you're about to play. That clone dies later, and this guy is still kicking. Some blonde ninja guy wants to take it all down and make have way cooler aesthetics and gameplay. The character you're about to play is on a different part of the planet doing whatever the fuck he wants and shooting kids and stuff.

Gameplay is solid, story is over-dramatic for the sake of kojima comedy. Try to enjoy it to its fullest, or at least come away satisfied and entertained.
>>
>>385675039
Except the story is actually the worst part of MGSV but fuck it you're probably just baiting.

>>385672965
Don't worry about the story, the gameplay probably has the best feedback loop of any singleplayer game I've experienced.
>>
>>385678168
Only thing that you need to know about MGSV is the ending. Everything else is just about the gameplay.

To answer OP's question, you could play MGSV if you want, but you'll miss alot of nods from Peace Walker and MGS3.

Just play them in release order. The gameplay evolves fantastically and the story is being told to you the way it was meant to be told.
>>
>>385674364
People who hold the mgs story in high regard come across like they've never read a fucking book
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.