[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Decide to give this a try >I really like it >Been playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 25

File: gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg (19KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg
19KB, 290x200px
>Decide to give this a try
>I really like it
>Been playing nonstop all week
>Mapping is addicting as fuck

HELP ME NO GOD NO PLS
>>
End-Game sucks but otherwise the game can be enjoyable.
>>
>>385672105
Fractals are actually pretty fun now, and the raids are decent

Problem is they sold the expansion with these things being fuckbroken and shit and are just now getting around to making them good (Aka right before the next expac)

Game is beyond ded
>>
File: 1497380037753.jpg (74KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
1497380037753.jpg
74KB, 600x856px
It's okay to like things, anon. Most of the naysayers on /v/ are just salty GW1 vets that can't get over themselves and enjoy each game for what it is.

t. salty GW1 vet that got over himself
>>
>>385671995
I could forgive the game being nothing like GW1 if it wasn't also boring.
Not a fan of the females being somewhere from 'welcome to eb games' to 'nope' tier
>>
>>385672419
Literally the only reason /v/ hates it is because it has SJWs on staff, but the shit they added is only noticable if you know exactly what to look for
>>
>>385672419
Honestly, the game has tons of interesting stuff, but it's also very boring at times. I particularly didn't like the skill system, compared to GW1. That was what made the gameplay fun, and GW2 failed at it.
>>
>>385672419

what the fuck is there to enjoy in this gay ass game when the whole point of the first game was to chase after cool skins and now in the sequel they are all gemstore items

fucking kill yourself
>>
File: ash.png (1MB, 1031x791px)
ash.png
1MB, 1031x791px
>>385673928
Anon.....
>>
>>385673928

Anon, just because GW2 won't let you afk in Kamadan with your black dyed Obisidian/Blindfold/Chaos Gloves UWSC healslut monk anymore doesn't mean it doesn't have cool stuff.
>>
>>385671995
HoT content has been really cool, maps are very active even if events are still just giant zergs with people healing each other.

Is there anything on the Gem store worth getting? I picked up the expansion for $15 and already have 40ish hours in the game so wouldnt mind buying something useful. Is the copper fed slavage o matic the best thing available?
>>
>>385674453
Really any of the permanent tools or the salvage-o-matic

Theres nothing good on the shop
>>
>>385674453
>supporting p2w cash shops

you're the reason MMOs have gone to shit
>>
>>385674453
is there an option to join a full instance? I'm in the first area after that scripted event, and there's no one around even on a high server.
>>
>>385674626
>p2w
>gw2
What a faggot
>>
>>385674626
Literally the only thing that effects gameplay in GW2's cash shop are the tools, which bring an infinitesimal amount of use.

If you dont have those you just have to buy a couple of each tool (Which cost like 5silver) once in a while
>>
>GW1 had elite abilities that turned you into avatars of the gods
>GW2 sells their appearances as gem store items
fucking REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>385673579
SJW Gw2 retards shilling its part of the main story fag we noticed
>>
>>385674453

The copper fed salvage kit and a shared inventory slot to put it in so all of your characters have constant access to it is easily the most convenient thing you can do for yourself in GW2. Like 90% of wealth accumulation in the game revolves around salvaging shit and selling the mats you don't need.
>>
File: gw2p2w.jpg (87KB, 900x686px)
gw2p2w.jpg
87KB, 900x686px
>>385674812
liar
>>
>>385675015
I have literally hundreds of those I never use.

I have enough mats from playing the game to get a character to 80 without leaving town

I have never used the gem store
>>
>>385674909
This. I spent a long time relying on mystic salvage kits till i switched over to that.
>>
>>385675181
doesn't change the fact that you can literally buy a max level character for $$$
>>
>>385675289
Which isnt even a p2w thing. Its pay for a slight convenience/pay2notbelazy.

Having a level 80 doesnt get you anywhere, and you can spend $100,000,000 in the cash shop and still be completely and utterly undergeared and worthless in any low tier or higher endgame content
>>
>>385675556
>Its pay for a slight convenience/pay2notbelazy

the same old excuse used by p2w apologists in every game
>>
>>385674812
>>385674909
I went ahead and picked it up, if anything itll be useful across all the characters.

Are the sanctuary paskeys any good? It seems like itd make running to LA a lot less bothersome but doesnt add all that much to it
>>
>>385675643
I don't know if you will take any answer as correct other than "You are right"

You LITERALLY cannot use a single thing in the cash shop to do ANYTHING meaningful in endgame. At best you save 2silver a day. No amount of karma/glory will get you even serviceable gear

BUt ok its p2w whatever dude keep being a sperg
>>
>>385675729

The areas that require a pass to get into are just places with stuff like the bank, mystic forge, and crafting stations shoved into a small area for convenience purposes. Aside from the MF, you can get almost the exact same degree of compactness in Rata Sum. They're nice to have, but I wouldn't say they're a priority. There are much better things to spend gems on.
>>
>>385676010
>keep being a sperg

you can tell when you've won an argument because the other guy resorts to personal insults
>>
>>385674652
All servers are merged for pve so they don't matter, being in a high population server won't change anything. You can look at the LFG tool for specific maps, or eventually get a large guild from where you could join on people in active maps
>>
>>385671995
Shilling on /v/ again? How are the SJW tumblrites paying you?
>>
File: 1373488166523.jpg (34KB, 900x837px)
1373488166523.jpg
34KB, 900x837px
>>385671995
I was just like you and leveling is the best I've ever seen in an MMO. Just wait until you get to the "end game."
>>
>>385675015
You can craft your way to 80 retard. Chest drops aren't affected by magic find. Also pretty much everyone who plays for a while has some of those stocked, they are rarely worth using
>>
File: ananas.png (604KB, 920x657px)
ananas.png
604KB, 920x657px
>>385676653
After I was done with leveling, World vs World and unofficial gvg autism is the most fun I had in a mmo in a long time
>>
>>385676873
>>385675181
Samefagging this hard should be criminal
>>
>>385675015
Not even going to mention you can buy every single item in there with in game gold
>>
File: 1499249861322.png (250KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
1499249861322.png
250KB, 716x716px
>>385676475

Or when someone gives up on an argument because they realized they're dealing with an autistic sperg that will go out of his way to find something to bitch about. He's refuted everything you've said and yet you keep grasping for straws because you're a retard that doesn't know when his "argument" is weak and needs to stop.

There's a Splatoon thread up. I'm sure you're needed to go and bitch about the skin color of fictional squid waifus or something. Don't let us keep you.
>>
>>385677191
he hasn't refuted anything? He said nothing in the store gives you an advantage, when you can clearly see boosters for sale. It's not hard to understand. He's doing mental gymnastics to justify the money he's spent.
>>
>>385675289
>buy a max level character for $$$
who the fuck cares about this in this game you get levelup tomes for doing almost everything, i have 2 stacks of tomes just from WvW, getting alts to max is not a big deal
>>
>>385677686
But buying for a level 80 is about as useful as buying a max level in wow or something you retard.

That's not to mention that the game actually gives you free instant level boosters by just logging in.
>>
>>385677689
>who the fuck cares

Me. I'd rather progress via playing instead of using my credit card. You people are the reason why mobile game tier design like stamina bars and gem shops are spreading like an infection
>>
>>385677956
>Me. I'd rather progress via playing instead of using my credit card.
WHAT IS STOPPING YOU FROM DOING THAT YOU FUCKING AUTIST, I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A RETARD SO STOP BEHAVING LIKE ONE
>>
>>385671995
How many servers have a high player count?
>>
>guild wars
>no JQ, FA, AB or GvG

BOY I SURE DO LOVE WvWvW THOUGH

AM I RIGHT GUYS

HAHA
>>
>>385678068
because the game is designed around spending gems in the cash shop. It only takes a few hours to fill up the measly number of bank slots you get by default and there's no reasonable way to expand it via gameplay. You can't even play all the classes without opening up your wallet repeatedly. It's demoralizing when a game rewards your credit card more than your actions in the game.
>>
>>385674812

No Anon, if you can spend money in the game it is automatically p2w, I don't care about your facts and logic, let me whine endlessly on the internet.
>>
>>385678528
shouldn't you be busy buying some boosters instead of posting on here?
>>
>>385677686
They don't give you any meaningful advantage. If anything they just help you catch up.

But there's not much to catch up to and there's nothing terribly meaningful to do in the game anyway.

Call me when I can buy mastery completion.

>>385678418
No it's not. If it was designed around that there's be literally anything in the shop worth having. I think you've got this game confused with Black Desert Online.
>>
Honestly nobody would be moaning about the cash shop if they actually had a large selection of good cosmetics. Don't even need to dive into pay2win shit if you have sick cosmetics. Hire the guys who do stuff for Path of Exile or something
>>
plays like shit

gameplay is shit

music for the original is good, expansion's music is shitty

in fact expansion is shitty in general

I have no interest in GW2 beyond free-tier
>>
File: 1498870903948.jpg (35KB, 351x523px)
1498870903948.jpg
35KB, 351x523px
>>385677956

So, because the game lets other people with disposable income spend some money on boosters so they can get their 10th alt to 80 faster, you are suddenly incapable of leveling normally yourself? The very fact that other people are spending money on things they like has somehow rendered you unable to play the game the way you want to? Do you actually believe that because someone has one of those gem store outfits that they are somehow a better player than you? That because they get exp a little bit faster that they are in some way more powerful than you?

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
Will the new expansion finally add a new continent to the game? I am sick of looking at the same map all the time.
>>
>>385679112
I just don't like pay2win games, it undermines any real achievement in the game
>>
GW2 combat is legitimately awful. Worse than WoW, TERA, Blade and Soul, FFXIV, all of them. There is no structure, combo fields are fucking stupid, and dodge invulnerability relegates the game to twitch based dogshit. The dungeons are just pure shitfests.

GW2 is pure trash with ZERO, and I mean ZERO redeeming factors.
>>
>>385679112
>>385679015
>>385678776
Defending travesty of game this hard. WTF is wrong with you. GW2 failed on every scale you can thing after glory of GW1.
>>
GW2 skill system - shit
combo fields - shit
dodge button - shit
movement - floaty shit
skill progression - shit
story - shit
gear system - shit
wvw - time zone based pointless shit
party play and cooperation - shit
dungeons - pure shit because of above
community interaction - nonexistent
>>
>>385679535
I'm amazed how bad the story is actually. All that stuff with the treedude was awful
>>
GW2 was the first MMO I've ever actually played for more than 10 minutes. I played WoW for a bit but the first mission was boring and I stopped right there. I haven't played GW2 in a very long time and just deleted it from my hard drive this morning.
>>
I hated how every class felt the same. I never had one at level 80 or whatever but it felt that every class progressed relatively the same (here's your attack spell, here's your assist, here's your heal, etc). I never felt like I was going anywhere and while the open style of questing was good it just became all mindless to me, just tagging yourself for exp then grinding your way to the next zone while being gated by boring story quests.
>>
File: 1476729193323.jpg (56KB, 400x337px)
1476729193323.jpg
56KB, 400x337px
>>385679282

It's fine to not like P2W games. But I don't think you actually know what P2W means. GW2 doesn't sell anything on the gem store that lets a paying player be objectively more powerful than a non-paying player. It's is literally all cosmetics and convenience.

Some jackass could spend $1,000 and buy all of the outfits and glider skins and exp boosters he wants, but none of it will make his character any better than mine in terms of stats or performance, so it's not P2W. It's that fucking simple.
>>
I remember playing the first month after release, most of the city banter was made of "Oh wow this is so much better than WoW, oh please Arenanet jizz all over my face more", literally their only proof that GW2 was great is that it was better than WoW.
Dungeons sucks ? Still better than WoW LOL
It's bug ridden and unworthy of even a beta ? You'd rather play WoW LOLOLOL
WvW is unbalanced and a zergfest ? Why don't you go back to WoW wwwwww
Seriously it was fucking creepy, I have seen Biodrones more reasonable.
>>
>Make an entirely cosmetic endgame
>Make all the armor look like fucking shit
>Only 2 sets of new armor added to the game since release, about 20 added to the Shekel store
>The only content good content they've ever added was temporary
>Your personal story becomes about Treehern and his Salad Blog halfway through
>2nd big part of the story is about Coldsteel The Hedgeheg the Sylvari

I can't believe I fell for the hype, the only revolutionary thing this game managed to do was completely kill MMOs for me.
>>
>>385679797
I'm not him, bit you can turn gems into good to buy legendaries, which (I think) have better stats than ascended gear right?
>>
File: 1500858696699.jpg (54KB, 510x671px)
1500858696699.jpg
54KB, 510x671px
>>385671995

The exploration is really great, and end game is kind what you make it.

It's overall a really comfy and relaxing game to play on and off. I dont think it offers that much to people who hvae way too much free time and just wants to grind 24/7 though

>>385672419
Most of /v/ arent old enough to have played GW1 at its prime

It's just a bunch of fake news people who love to scream without 100k Twitch view is ded.
>>
>>385679797
no, you're the one confused about the meaning. When some of the most significant upgrades like bank space, character slots and lesser benefits like karma, levels and gold are all given for real $$$, then it crosses the line. I'm not talking about 1 guy killing another in pvp because he's stronger, I'm talking about wallet warriors progressing through the game faster than legit players. I don't give a shit if it's stuff you've already done, it's still skipping progress with dollars.

That's not even going into the fact that much of the end game is about earning cosmetics and that is dominated by real dollar spending.
>>
>SJW community
>SJW content
>SJW devs

If you unironically support and play this game you need to kill yourself ASAP.
>>
>>385679746
I played Necro as my first character, got it to 80 in about a week.

I did some learning before I started playing, so I knew there was no grinding for hours in 1 spot killing same monsters over and over, I felt like I'd like some exploring since I had finished Witcher 3 some time ago and got a same-ish vibe from all the GW2 vids. I also had the tingles to play a Necromancer character in any game so GW2 catched my attention.

Now, I played Necro and was happy to find out it has some summons. Getting to Skeleton Minions was fun and exciting but after that, all the other summons were very boring to me, and after I unlocked Flesh Golem, I found out all the Summons are practically useless since Necro shines with either support skills or Condition damage.

After lv70 I was just so goddamn bored of exploring same looking maps and that fucking tree guys quests, I just spent all the gold I had gathered and crafted myself to lv80, after that I went into PvP.

PvP was horrible, I got my ass turned inside out every round, not to speak of that mode where you need Supply or whatever.

I think I took way too little time to take the whole game in, but it wasn't very enjoyable after the first few days.
>>
>>385679956
>Still whining about Trahearne

I will never get this. The fact that you help him with his Wyld Hunt means that the story focuses on him? Friendly reminder that Trahearne wasn't even there when you struck the final blow on Zhaitan, and never missed an opportunity to stress your importance in everything that was going on. His Wyld Hunt was also very much related to the task at hand, so it only made sense to purify the source before going at Zhaitan himself.

I guess the game should fellate the player character at all times so people like you would feel like they are the hero of the story.
>>
>No endgame
>Gear Treadmill
>Worse story than TORtanic
>Story rips off Skyrim with its "KILL TEH EVUL DRAGUNZ!" shit
>The entire game has you killing the bad guys as a moralfaggot, without an option to join them
>No likeable NPCs anywhere
>Choices in personal story doesn't matter
>Technology level is retarded across the entire board, one race has borderline sci-fi technology vs generic medieval humans and steampunk cats
>Zero roleplaying elements, your character does all the talking for you automatically
>Shit writing
>destroyed servers based on clients' language in favor of a messy, incoherent piece of shit megaserver system that doesn't work
>Sylvari is a cookie cutter mary sue race
>No dedicated tank or healer
>Killed CoH
>Arenanet bans whoever they please
>Arenanet consists of dA tumblr SJW writers, jews, communists AND nazis somehow
>Published by NCSoft
>Is designed for and by weeaboos and children
>No mounts
>No GvG, NO FUCKING GvG. IN A GUILD WARS GAME

Easily the worst MMO ever
>>
>>385680287
I think you're the only person who gives even a half a shit about that.
>>
>>385680013

No, legendaries have the same stats as ascended. Also, that's not a legitimate point. It would be if legendaries were exclusive to the store, but that's not the case. Some guy dropping several hundred dollars on gems to convert into gold to buy a legendary gets the same stats as the guy that made it normally.
>>
>>385680287
Except for the fact that end-game cosmetics are mostly gained through group activities and can not be bought from the gemstore. Hell, they can't even be bought from the auction house, you have to earn them.
>>
Shitty, clunky, simplistic combat
WvWvW is doorwar zergfest
Community is full of brony faggots who are completely delusional
Downed mechanic in PvP
Spam-based combat
Skills based on weapons
Dodge button is buggy and boring
No tanks, just a clusterfuck of DPS classes
PvE is full of boring kill x quests
World not persistent due to overflow channels and instances
Themepark fast travel anywhere
One skill bar
Ugly, non-customizable, casual UI
No world PvP
No endgame progression
Terrible auction house
Lame story
Laughable voice acting
Runs like shit on modern rigs - No optimization
Cash shop advantages
abysmal visual nerfs on effects

/thread.
>>
It's flwaed, but it's miles better than most other MMOs, especially WoW and XIV. There's not a lot of criticism to be had outside of that rooted in the fact that the game isn't a tab-target traditional game.

>Pioneered an ass-load of features that LITERALLY every MMO since has stolen
>No sub-fee instantly admonishes it of a ton of problems
>Design is based around fun first
>Best map design of any MMO period
>The "simple" combat is more different than bad, and actually has about the same complexity as WoW or XIV with 10 skills between two weapons, 5 class skills, multiples trait-lines, and additional (more in-depth) class mechanics and do-dads
>The best auction house of any MMO, bar-none
>Great gathering mechanics
>Literally everything is rewarding and never rendered entirely obsolete like WoW or XIV
>Heavy and fun PvP bonus

But oh wait, you have problems with the lack of end-game or something? Guess what it was about $30 and you already got hundreds of hours of fun.
>>
>>385680013
Legendaries do not have better stats than ascended
First generation legendaries can be bought since they were craftable from the beginning. Second generation legendaries cannot be bought because the developers figure that was better for legendary gear as a whole
You can acquire gemstore consumables from the personal story, from daily rewards, from endgame content through black lion consumable boxes, and through gameplay (transmutation charges for example)
Boosters have been phased out slowly and slowly. They are disabled for raids, sPvP, and if I recall correctly FotM. You can also buy gemstore items with gold and one gives you booster buffs by sacrificing candy corn

The gemstore sucks because the game is about cosmetics and ArenaNet make in-game cosmetics shit and gemstore cosmetics flashy and valuable from a lore/story perspective. Like you'll find Balthazar's armor in the gemstore or Tormented weapon skins in the gemstore. They have totally blurred the line between cosmetic skins and actual in-game rewards just slapped into the store. It's confirmed that unused raid rewards are slapped into the gemstore. It's not pay-to-win but it makes the game shitty among all the other reasons the game gets the heat that it gets
>>
>>385680958
yeah this is the shit I object to, when you get better rewards from visiting the cash shop than for actually playing
>>
Are there actually people who like the gaudy shit you can get from the gemstore?
>>
>>385679535

What's wrong with dodging?
>>
>>385680287

None of that is pay to win. Literally none of it. There is an actual definition for that term and none of what you said fits that definition outside of your own biased interpretation of it.

I can understand having a problem with paying for convenience that you could see as progression, but it still doesn't make a player that bought an extra bank tab any better at the game than you. Furthermore, you can just buy said bank tab with in-game gold if you want it that badly and don't want to spend real money. You both got the exact same bank tab. His is no better than yours. The difference is that his wallet is $10 lighter, and for some reason you have a stick up your ass about it even though it literally has zero effect on you.
>>
>>385680724
its only problem is lack of depth

i enjoyed runescape pvp videos as much as the next guy, but you can't say that the fighting mechanics and grinding mechanics weren't really boring at times
>>
This game is utter shit.
>>
File: Lineup.png (4MB, 3124x984px)
Lineup.png
4MB, 3124x984px
>>385681189

Gem store and even most of the dungeon gear was too flashy for me. Lots of the basic and craftable gear looked fine to me. Only crazy weapon skin I liked was the lightning hammer, I swear getting Mjolnir was harder than a fucking legendary.
>>
>>385681245
Please post this official definition of p2w, so I can show you how GW2 fits into it.
>>
>>385681513

Depends on if you believe 'pay to save time' = p2w. But even then having friends with lots of equipment/crafting mats could have the same effect.
>>
File: gw099.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px)
gw099.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
>>385681501
Mid level gear is the shit
>>
>>385681189
Rock up to Tequatl and just look at all the stuff people are wearing. There are a lot of buyers.

The only things I ever bought were a server transfer off a dead rvr server to a tier 1 one and a lute so I could annoy people while waiting for Tequatl.
>>
>>385680958
Thank you, I'm fairly new and didn't know if legendaries had an upper hand or not.

>>385681189
I was checking out the wiki and they have quite a few gemstore skins that aren't available but still look a hell of a lot better than what is currently
>>
>>385675015
>>385675181
>>385675556
>>385675643
>Can you spend money to get an advantage
>If yes: Its P2W

Its that fucking simple. GW2 is fun in small doses and its P2W. Get the fuck over it.

t. someone with 4 max level characters.
>>
>>385681940
I don't agree that any of the things you think are advantages are actually meaningful advantages.
>>
>>385682206
Still an advantage so its p2w
>>
>>385682206
Im not the guy you were talking to, it literally does not matter how you twist this GW2 has P2W features.

Stop apologizing for shitty developers scamming consumers and tainting their games with this bullshit. GW2 would be better without a cash shop entirely.
>>
File: gw072.jpg (719KB, 1920x1080px)
gw072.jpg
719KB, 1920x1080px
>P2W
>In a game with no win condition
>>
>>385681940

>only 4

I have nine. Most of which fully geared in ascended. With legendary weapons. I've spent nothing on this game and have the same stats at someone who was lazy and spent money to get stuff faster. I'm not seeing any advantage.
>>
>>385682206
you keep adding vague qualifiers like "meaningful advantage" or "your friends could help you anyway" and other weaselly words to not admit that you're paying for an advantage
>>
>>385682279
It'd also have shut up shop years ago.
>>
>>385682313
>>385682373
>trying this fucking hard to justify outright shitty features
Grow a fucking spine holy shit you can play and enjoy a game that is P2W you just shouldn't excuse it.
>>
>>385682251
>>385682279

No one believes you're not samefagging. And you're still wrong.
>>
>>385682373
You realize time is money right?

Every second of your life is worth something. It's called the "Time Value of Money"

So buy paying $100 he skips 200hrs of grinding. Unless somehow your life is only worth $.5/hr he p2w'ed
>>
>>385682447
What do you win more than the next guy by paying extra, anon?
>>
>>385682378
An advantage that doesn't matter is not an advantage.
>>
>>385680724
GW1 did all of those, except auction house which takes away from player socialization, but yes it does have the best version of it
the best version of a sucky feature
>>
>>385682447
How and what do you win when you buy things from the gemstore?
>>
>>385682483

That would imply ascended makes much of a difference against exotics. It doesn't.
>>
File: 1472106563835.png (666KB, 1126x845px)
1472106563835.png
666KB, 1126x845px
>>385681513

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

>Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Are any of the armor skins, outfits, or weapon skins in the store statistically better than other equipment? No.

Do the boosters allow players to achieve a higher level or increase their stats over those of other players? No.

Do the store's gathering tools allow players to access materials unavailable to other players? No.

Does a player having more bank tabs and character slots make him more powerful than other players? No.

Does a player who bought a fancy outfit in the store suddenly become better than you in any way? Possibly, if your ego is that easily bruised.

I understand that you're upset that other people can afford to be more lazy than you in a video game, but stop trying to argue a point that doesn't exist.
>>
>>385682447
how about you grow a spine and move on, how about you realise that some of us are not as sensitive to bullshit as you, yeah it sucks, also it keeps the game alive unlike a certain predecessor that is glorified like a religion in this board
>>
>Why don't fans of GW like the sequel that kept literally nothing that made GW1 the amazing game that it was and whose success as a moderately successful WoW clone guarantees that nothing that made GW1 the amazing game that it was will ever be seen in an MMO ever again

GW2, Neverwinter, TOR, XIV; all fucking terrible sequels propped up by fucking hordes of tasteless faggots looking for the latest WoW reskin
>>
>>385682586
>>385682516
You gain an advantage, thats literally all it fucking takes to be P2W.

If A and B start at the same time and B pays with a credit card he gets ahead of A. Thats P2W.

End of discussion, shitpost all you want but there is nothing else to be said about this. You're in massive denial because you're wimps who cant man up and accept you enjoy a game thats P2W.
>>
Daily reminder the White Mantle did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 20170728_021639.jpg (129KB, 1360x768px)
20170728_021639.jpg
129KB, 1360x768px
>>385681681
My favourite level range's gears!
>>
>>385682651
>Do the boosters allow players to achieve a higher level or increase their stats over those of other players? No.
*Yes

You do them faster, thats P2W.

>
Does a player having more bank tabs and character slots make him more powerful than other players?
Yes, more choice always = power
>>
>>385682716

>GW1
>Amazing

It was alright at best, dude. No need for a pedestal.
>>
>>385673305
GW1 was pretty damn boring itself, Anon. The only difference is that GW1 was a unique kind of boredom you couldn't really find anywhere else.
>>
>>385682741
You're real evasive about what this advantage is.
>>
literally impossible to discuss this game because GW1 babbies won't let us, no matter what you try to say they'll always go NUH-UH! or MUH SJWS, worst part is that vg is not even an option anymore either
>>
>>385682824
>Being faster than someone else is P2W

All those pay2win faggots who can afford to put more of their time in a game and beat me to max level really tick me off.
>>
>>385671995
F2P MMO? LUL
>>
>>385683014
Boo hoo, let me play you the world's smallest violin that if you want to discuss your lowest common denominator WoW-clone you have to do so on lowest common denominator sites like Reddit with other tasteless faggots
>>
>>385683014
It's like comparing Resident Evil 1 to Resident Evil 4, they're completely different games. It's not like GW2 tried to be GW2 BUT BETTER, it's an entirely different game so it's dumb to judge it by the same metric.
>>
>>385683157
see just like i said they go "NUH-UH!" thanks for proving my point retard
>>
>>385682824
Yeah except anything item that's important can't be bought, so in the end you'd still need to play the game.

Why do you try this hard to be a dickhead?

Is it fun?
>>
>>385672419
Assumption make you retarded, but I assume this is for (you)s

>>385680074
>MUH MILLENNIAL
You should seriously take your pretentious shit and shove it up your ass if you think that is the only reason people hate GW 2.

>>385674779
>>385674626
>>385675729
>>385678528
>>385674812
>>385675556
HoT itself is a P2W feature of the game. Any "free to play" will get single out or kick or kill easily because they don't have the elite spec.

>>385683014
You fucktards kill /mmog/ at /vg/. Your kind can go to hell.
>>
>>385683186
You might have a point if Resident Evil 4 hadn't been an entirely revolutionary game that resembled nothing before, and instead had been about Leon Kennedy fighting aliens in his Halo suit
>>
>>385682824

>You do them faster, thats P2W.

Faster does not mean better. It just means faster. Literally. The gear will be no better statistically than that of a player that crafted or leveled without boosters. Everything tops out at the same point regardless of how fast you get there.

>Yes, more choice always = power

You would have a point if the choice pertained to character power, but it doesn't. Someone having more shit in their bank is not more powerful than a player with less shit in his bank.

You're grasping for straws again, like you have been from the start. Try again.
>>
>>385680408
>>No endgame
Raids, T4 and CM fractals, collections for precursors and gizmos, regional dailies and account dailies, world boss and mastery boss hunting, meta events for crafting and money, mastery ranks, sPvP automated tournaments, sPvP seasonal tournaments, sPvP ranked matches, WvW skirmish rewards and participation, WvW roaming, guild missions, dungeons, achievement hunting, crafting discipline mastery, legendary gear crafting, and current event quests.
>>Gear Treadmill
Exotic gear for builds outside of fractals.
Ascended gear for builds in fractals and to tryhard raids.
Legendary gear to switch around stats where you stand, same level as ascended stats.
But this won't stop you from trolling and lying.
>Worse story than TORtanic
>TORtanic
GW1 also had laughable storytelling, but this also won't stop GW1 vets from crying. The raid stories pass with flying colors and the LS pales in comparison. It's shit but GW has always been shit and any GW cocksucker who tells you otherwise probably spent more time reading the wiki than playing the actual game.
>Story rips off Skyrim
You have no idea what you're talking about.

The rest of your points have either been answered, are jokes/personal issues, and unimportant shit points.
>>
It decidedly has the best grinding experience of any MMO ever. Maxing my first couple of characters was a 10/10 I could not have asked for more except for that lettucehead Trahearne to die. Please tell me he got axed in HoT.
>>
>>385677686
If you're spending real world money to level up in a game where you can literally get a character to max level in a week of normie-tire gradual play, you aren't "winning" anything, Anon. That's Pay2Lose all credibility.
>>
>>385683378
>replying to pasta from 2012

t. 2016+ redditer
>>
>>385683324
>You fucktards kill /mmog/ at /vg/. Your kind can go to hell.
i didn't participate in /gw2g/ before it went bonkers or after but thanks for assuming
>>
>>385674812
you can trade real money for the fake money and by crafting supplies and get to max with it.
>>
>>385683384
You personally kill him at the end of the HoT storyline
>>
>>385683285
You're not fucking Nostradamus because you accurately predicted that people are going to call you a tasteless faggot for liking shitty mass-appeal tripe on /v/, fuckwit
>>
>>385683324
Engineer, warrior and ranger are all superior to their elite counterpart for DPS btw so if you're playing pve it doesnt really change anything.
>>
>>385671995
F2P MMO? LUL
>>
>>385683324
>HoT itself is a P2W feature of the game.
what happens when HoT becomes f2p?
>>
>>385682741
I don't play guild wars 2. I also don't like people being dumb. Sorry if you can't help it
>>
>>385683324
>You fucktards kill /mmog/ at /vg/.
The mods allow what happened so the mods themselves killed /gw2g/, /ammg/, and /mmog/. Don't blame people for wanting to discuss shit you fucking retard, blame the shit mods.
>>
File: 1445689602588.jpg (2MB, 3150x2910px) Image search: [Google]
1445689602588.jpg
2MB, 3150x2910px
>>385673579
>Literally the only reason /v/ hates it is because it has SJWs on staff, but the shit they added is only noticable if you know exactly what to look for
Literally wrong. The PvP system was retarded. They outright lied about their product and didn't release the entire expansion. WvW is a zergfest with shit reward and there nothing at stake. The story is one of the worst I seen in any mmo ever.

Do you want to know why SJW is so prevalent with this bullshit? Imagine having the game being dedicated to those retarded fanfic they call a story, all the content are build around it, and generally screw them over (living story in WvW is bullshit). Whats worst is that these element is more important than QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES or updating content like WvW, Dungeon, etc. This has happen for years and instead of a game that is normally about your character, the adventure, or the world, it just drama drama drama of lesbians salads, mary sue salads, your team of tumblrite, etc, and this is not counting Anet dicking their current playerbase for easy money grab from another playerbase. So basically, fanfic shit about lesbians and your team of tumbrite and salad is more important than updating the game itself.
>>
>>385683541
which just make you a hypocrite as your posts have been completely tasteless and unnecessary, if on /v/ your favoritie game is always shit then there's no need to be obnoxious and obvious about it, or to post it at all, thanks for wasting both of our times this was a dreadful conversation and i hope you get a penile infection for a few days, not a seious one but just enough that it's a little uncomfortable and prevents you from sleeping well at night
>>
>>385683805
/gw2g/ers have a discord while neither /ammg/ or /mmog/ had one, so when the /gw2g/ autists came to shit up those generals and killed them by making the bot follow them, they had nowhere to go while /gw2g/ers just laughed it up in their discord
>>
>>385683550
You're assuming if they ever get pick in PvE. Raid is out of the question. Most normal group won't take you because you don't have an elite spec OR achievement points of 10k. They're obviously in a disadvantage in PvP. HoT is pretty fucking P2W

>>385683601
It free when you buy their next expansion.
>>
>>385683014
I'm pretty sure it's perpetuated by FF14 shills since their threads are up all the time on /v/ without any similar repercussions even though everyone knows they have a /vg/ thread that's ripe for discussion.
>>
File: 1499726174047.gif (3MB, 650x488px)
1499726174047.gif
3MB, 650x488px
>>385683931

This post got uncomfortably specific in nature.
>>
>>385683931
>this was a dreadful conversation and i hope you get a penile infection for a few days, not a seious one but just enough that it's a little uncomfortable and prevents you from sleeping well at night

This is the kind of literal child that plays GW2
While I can't blame you for not playing GW when you must have been 4 years old, you're still a fucking faggot subsidizing a Chinese publishing company that grinds good and unique games into a fine paste for tootless members of the LCD like you, who wouldn't even know a good MMO if you were watching your favorite LPer stream it
>>
>>385684027
The /gw2g/ discord was just a guild recruitment discord to guide anons into either the NA or EU /vg/ guilds. So you have that wrong.

GW2 fit all the criteria to be discussed in /mmog/ but a botspamming troll who had the mods by the balls followed after them. Stop being fucking stupid you dumb cuck and realize that the mods failed everyone involved by doing nothing to stop a rulebreaker. People followed the rules and just tried to discuss video games but according to your dumbass people should have just stopped talking about anything like the botspammer wanted. You are a cuck and you lick the botspammer from taint you shaft out of fear you queerboi faggot.
>>
>>385684397
my fucking good dude you need to stop taking shit too seriously i was just ending it with a light jest as i saw it was going nowhere, that's all it was, not because im underage, not because im pretentious, but because i know when something isn't worth the stress, i won't reply to you anymore ok? goodnight
>>
>>385684661
Thanks for proving me right
>>
>>385684824
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>385684027
>they had nowhere to go while /gw2g/ers just laughed it up in their discord
God, if the bot is somehow get perma ban and those faggots try to get into /mmog/ when their general died, I fucking hope they get vilified and kick out of the general for causing this shit in the first place. I don't think WoWfag or FF14fag would go that low to fuck over a general like that.
>>
>>385684661
>being this passive aggressive
And you wonder why /v/ hate you fags so much.
>>
>>385671995
gw2 has the best pvp experience in an mmo at the moment. Game feels far from dead, in fact WvW feels more alive than it ever has been.

People say endgame is shit, but transfer to a Tier 4 server if you aren't already, find a WvW guild, and learn the ways of open pvp. Its kept me playing for years.
>>
File: gw2 earnings usd.png (37KB, 654x518px)
gw2 earnings usd.png
37KB, 654x518px
NOT
GOING
ANYWHERE
>>
>>385684151
core condi engi played well is the top dps in the game at the moment. core power bomb spam engi is top 4 dps in the game and a literal monkey could do the rotation.
>>
>>385683805
/ammg/ got spammed too? It looked like it died from inactivity.
>>
>>385685102

When's GW3?
>>
1. Why has the gw2 general been spammed with bots for so long? and 2. When is the scarf coming back on the gem store?
>>
>>385685102
This game only has like a year left huh?
>>
>>385685521
It's been 5 years. A second Expansion is launching soon. It's not going anywhere
>>
>>385684913
>God, if the bot is somehow get perma ban and those faggots try to get into /mmog/
the only reason gw2 folk posted in /mmog/ to begin with was because of the botted spam so perma banning the bot would put everything back to normal
>>
>>385685097
WvW is a legit great pvp experience compared to what other mmos can offer. Even if you're a complete shitter in pvp you can still do enough to support your server by being a supply slut or a zerg follower.

I personally enjoy being a support heal slut elementalist and help all server friendlies that are getting ganked.
>>
>>385685503
>1
someone decided that they wanted the general dead so they spam any thread on /vg/ that has "gw2" in the title or "mmog" after /gw2g/ guys went to /mmog/ to talk about their game with others
>2
wintersday lol
>>
>>385680724
Actually lineage 2 had most of GW2 features and there are plenty of other MMOs before it that did stuff like you're mentioning. Sorry its not special.
>>
>>385685919
That someone is also a triggered charrfurryfag player so my deep hatred for furfags grows even more.
>>
>>385684397

As amusing as the back-and-forth between you two has been, I'm gonna have to stop you there.

I played GW1 for six years before GW2 released. I've been playing GW2 for the five years since it released, while also still playing GW1. I play both games for different reasons and enjoy the merits of each. Are you going to fling shit and call me a child and lump me into whatever demographic you don't like just because I play GW2 as well?

Get off of your non-existent high horse already. It's your brand of sperging and hyperbole that has long since turned this board into an irredeemable cesspit of faggotry, and yet you stupid fucks think everyone else is the problem. Get your shit together.
>>
>>385686132
GW1 was literally perfect stop your shitposting.
>>
>>385686132
Post your 30 HOM and your GW2 AP or else fuck off retard.
>>
>>385686132
What's the point

Nu/v/ is all about how much you can bait replies from other people, with very little actual discussion going on
>>
File: 1485798695501.jpg (45KB, 454x453px)
1485798695501.jpg
45KB, 454x453px
>>385686297
>30 HOM
weak
>>
File: okaythen.jpg (16KB, 419x129px)
okaythen.jpg
16KB, 419x129px
>>385686297

https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=p%2FBDA8%2F%2F%2F%2FDqyY0Ahg%2FCAEJECACAAAAAYIEIQAAAAAA

Happy now? Go fuck yourself.
>>
I quit this game 3 years ago, I had all classes with exotic gear, Is it worth coming back and which class should I main?

I seriously hated it when they added ascended jewellery, that made me quit because I literally had just finished custom crafting every exotic for all of my characters.

How hard is it to get ascended shit and is the raid/dungeon/fractal community sperging if you're not running with the best/optimal gear?

I remember liking dual dagger elementalist and thief, don't know anything about the heart of thorns expansion other than that there are gliders and new specializations
>>
>>385675015

The bad part is that all of the are completely useless.
>>
>>385687139

Exotics are all you really need. Ascended is only for those willing to grind that extra step for maximum min-maxing, or for infusion slots for fractals, and even then the numbers difference is negligible.

No one cares what you do in dungeons. You'll only run into the occasional spergs in the higher level fractals. Anyone giving you shit for you gear in the lower levels is a legitimate retard and isn't worth worrying about. Raiding with random people is cancer no matter what game you play, including GW2. You don't even have to raid if you don't want to. Aside from the legendary armors, which are all ugly as sin, there's nothing there worth going for.

Ascended and legendary have the same stats, and are the best in slot for everything. Ascended is rather easy to get materials for, but a lot of it is time gated, so it's more about how long it takes to craft rather than how expensive it is.

Elementalist and thief both got pretty good elite specs with HoT. Tempest is a ridiculous buff machine and Daredevil lets you go maximum fast.
>>
>>385687139
Maybe like a month to get your first character in full ascended, if you set your mind on it, with following characters being quicker thanks to ascended drops from high fractals and raids. Accessories are fucking quick, with weapons and especially armor taking more time.

There's no inspecting in the game so most of the time people don't really give a shit what others are wearing, but you can meet spergs who demand you to ping all your gear if you go joining some tryhard groups.
>>
>>385680369

And yet all the side dialogue is about treaherne being such a great leader

And how he gets along with all the guilds but isn't affiliated with any one of them

And how everyone likes him, everyone.

Fans don't like him because he is a terrible charavter. Putting up with him at the end of the story just tops the cake.
>>
Alright bros, there have been three GW2 threads today and now I wanna give it a shot. What's the best way of acquiring the game for cheap and legally?
>>
File: google_knows.jpg (25KB, 577x185px)
google_knows.jpg
25KB, 577x185px
>>385689384
why play a game that's pay2win? if you pay enough up front you might even complete all the content without logging in
>>
>>385689384
I think the base game is free now. Don't buy anything else because the new expansion will likely include HoT.
>>
>>385689384
Its free for the base game, though its worth it getting the expansion if only to jump into the newer zones and for the bag spaces.

Cheapest i've found was from cdkeys, got HoT for $15
>>
File: 1411888738929.jpg (527KB, 1026x641px)
1411888738929.jpg
527KB, 1026x641px
The exploration and leveling via world events was cool. I liked that underwater had different abilities too. But overall it just wasn't that good and in comparison to GW1 was a huge step backward.

Both GW2 and Wildstar had stuff I liked but couldn't really hold a playerbase. It's a shame.
>>
>>385690040
GW2 has a pretty active playerbase. I am playing right now and I usually see people constantly in low level zones)
>>
>>385673579
I hate it because it's not really fun at all desu
>>
>>385690167
Might have to re-install it and give it another whirl. Not crazy about the later stuff with the salad pirate shit though. Thinking about the writing in GW2 gives me an aneurysm.
>>
File: 1497698294457.gif (2MB, 200x160px)
1497698294457.gif
2MB, 200x160px
>want to play and enjoy gw2
>feel like I'm a scrub from 1 to 69 since the level adjust system
>get some characters to 70
>friends don't play anymore so I'm left alone
>plan to give my characters a good looking armor
>every goddam item is locked behind a fucking grindwall
>have to grind for a month or more for just a shitty item
and farming for golds to get gems was fucking awful too
>>
>>385672419
Honestly, I have to agree. Was incredibly disappointed in GW2 for a long time. Still think GW1 is better, but GW2's been rapidly improving since HoT- sure, HoT didn't have enough content, but since then we got 6 zones in a year and a constant increase in quality. At this point I'm honestly excited for expansion 2.

Hearts are still awful, though, but at least the rest of the game makes up for it.
>>
>>385690654
>still think GW1 is better, but GW2's been rapidly improving

has there been any combat or skill system improvements? That stuff was so good in GW1 but was really bland and loose in vanilla GW2.
>>
>lock skills to weapons

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>385691256
The skill variety could still use a lot of work, but the biggest thing is that now there's content (specifically raids and harder Fractals) where you need stuff other than just pure dps like at launch. You'll actually want a healer and tank for a lot of that.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.