[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /v/ makes Paper Mario partners and rates others based on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 27

File: Paper Mario.jpg (115KB, 468x330px) Image search: [Google]
Paper Mario.jpg
115KB, 468x330px
ITT: /v/ makes Paper Mario partners and rates others based on the ones they made.
>>
File: AK-47.png (138KB, 900x332px) Image search: [Google]
AK-47.png
138KB, 900x332px
Gunny

Powers: He's a fucking gun and shoots the shit out of people

Seems like this would solve a lot of issues in the game
>>
>>385671940
9/10.
The only reason he has one point off is because he looks like a sticker.
>>
I already typed all this shit down. Tried to avoid cliches like Koopas or Goombas as much as I could.
>First partner's a gangster Shy Guy that's only working with you out of fear of getting caught by the cops, instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
>Second partner is a former Dayzee musician who puts enemies to sleep and can get you past Thwomps and blocked pathways
>Third partner is a Chuckya who isn't really comfortable doing what he's doing, because he's enslaving the inhabitants of an island. He can throw Mario to higher ground
>Fourth partner is a Dry Bones named Deaf who thinks he's the Grim Reaper, but he isn't, yet nobody can tell him because he's deaf. He can fit his head under narrow passageways to press switches for Mario
>Fifth partner is a Snow Pokey that can launch it's segmented body parts to hit switches, and only wants to adventure outside of the ice caps for once
>Sixth partner is a Bully who's naturally immune to the radiation affects, he rushes at doors to break them open like a Bob-Omb would do to explode them
>Seventh partner is a Bzzap! that can fly Mario across long gaps, while also having a fear of heights, flies, and oxygen in general
>Eighth partner is the Koopatrol who was the tutorial boss, sad that Bowser won't notice him at all, he joins you. He hides Mario by throwing a cardboard box over him.
>Final partner is an amnesiac female Toad who appears multiple times in the game, sometimes tossing you items or disguising as enemies. She can hide Mario to help him get through the castle, but it has a recharge time and it's temporary. It turns out she's actually a Duplighost in the credits.
>Optional partners include a Torpedo Ted that's a war-veteran with PTSD that can go through water, a Magikoopa gamedev that can turn blocks into items, and a secret one that's actually just Luigi poorly disguised as a Goomba so he can adventure with Mario on these crazy Paper journeys for once
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (4KB, 156x190px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
4KB, 156x190px
The unlikeliest of allies.
>>
>>385672797
only cared to read the first one, but based on that alone, 10/10. would level up first
>>
>>385672917
>He ends up being an adult by the time Mario meets him, and is still a complete dick
Gimme that.
>>
File: pucci.jpg (63KB, 626x470px) Image search: [Google]
pucci.jpg
63KB, 626x470px
>>
File: IMG_6081.png (41KB, 200x205px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6081.png
41KB, 200x205px
MacShyver
A Shy Guy that's really good with tools and improvisation. They're a bit bashful starting out, but learn to open up more as the story goes on.

Can be used in the field to repair certain objects.

Combat abilities include
+Bashful Bash (runs into the enemy headfirst)
+ Improvise (Builds a wall out of scrap, blocking 1 attack)
+Masked Bandit (Steals an item from an enemy and deals damage)
+Makeshift Spear (Makes a spear out of scrap metal, modifying his next attack. Bash becomes a charging attack that hits all enemies on the ground and Bandit makes him throw the spear)

What do you think?
>>
>>385673502
poochie is gucci.
>>
>>385673502
>That filename
Tell me, Poochy... you do believe in gravity?
>>
File: definitelynotluigi.png (17KB, 295x315px) Image search: [Google]
definitelynotluigi.png
17KB, 295x315px
>>385672797
>luigi disguised as a goomba
i never knew how much i wanted this.
Drew it.
Luigi is just wearing a goomba hoodie and squatting, moves by waddling around.
>>
Hasn't /v/ tried to make like 10 Paper Mario fangames?
All with cool partner ideas and nothing actually coming from them?
>>
File: Beaker.png (2KB, 188x156px) Image search: [Google]
Beaker.png
2KB, 188x156px
Got autistic enough to make one a while ago.
>karate pengy
>overworld functions are similar to the typical bob-omb partner but breaks cracks/boulders with wings
>uses karate in battle
>mainly a DPS fag
>has deep lore sidequest to make himself stronger
>>
How would /v/ feel if a future Paper mario game with rpg elements akin to the first two games reused some of the past partners from the first two games for part of your party. They'd return with and their character would be further developed. Who would you want it to be?
>>
File: S_oiler.png (27KB, 170x185px) Image search: [Google]
S_oiler.png
27KB, 170x185px
>>385672917
Oh let me try.
>>
>>385674738
I'd want Vivian to come back and get impregnated so the great debate could finally end.
>>
>>385677070
By who?
>>
>>385671805
I want a paper mario game where one of the koopalings can join you
>>
>>385672797
I also came up with an Ant Hill Mob gangster Shy Guy years ago for an RP, I called him Wise Guy
>>
>>385671805
it don't get better than that one anon that suggested a wrestling themed Chuckya in that thread from a few months back
>>
>>385677132
Mario
>>
>>385672797
>a secret one that's actually just Luigi poorly disguised as a Goomba so he can adventure with Mario on these crazy Paper journeys for once
I'm >>385677372
I was wrong
>>
>>385677372
I was the one who did that, and I'm the same guy who did >>385672797, he's the third one.
>>
>>385677572
you have really good ideas anon
you should do something with that
>>
>>385671805
A female piranha plant who walks atound on her roots, sweet but doesnt mind eating people
A rad Dry Bones who didnt let death stop him from partying, wears cool shades
Two chain chomps that share the same chain, like a chain chomp Catdog
A shy guy who's a master of disguise

Thats about it for established Mario enemies
>>
>>385677720
>A shy guy who's a master of disguise
Literally a poor man's duplighost.
>>
>>385677849
My idea was that he would change masks
>>
>>385677992
Well maybe whenever he'd encounter a duplighost he'd comment on how jealous he is to not have those kind of powers or laugh at how certain duplighosts have poor acting skills.
>>
>>385677992
>>385677849
What about a Shy Guy who's actually a Shy Girl. Reverse Vivian.
>>
>>385672797
Fuck it, I made the names besides Deaf.
>Sly Guy
>Dansy
>Chuck King, with a partial part of his design being based off of Chuckola Cola
>The Pokester
>Brutus
>Becky
>Sir Koopaloop (Looks like a Koopatrol, but wears armor made out of cardboard and plastic)
>Toaresa
>Ammunition Arnie
>Maxikoopa
>Goomba Type L
>>
>>385674119
I need this
>>
>>385671805
It's SO SIMPLE

Here is the only true path:

>Prologue
A robot goomba who has files of everything in his database and his primary move is to examine enemies and tell you their stats

>Chapter 1
You meet with Jr. Troopa except he is older now and has a white shell and left the egg, he still hates you but after you fight him he joins you

>Chapter 2
A Fuzzy who is also a chef, he likes to suck people's blood but with class

>Chapter 3
A shy guy who isn't actually shy, he's actually a very big outrovert

>Chapter 4
Another sexy ghost

>Chapter 5
A chain chomp who is a total bro

>Chapter 6
A fight-crazed buzzy beetle who's super violent

>Chapter 7
A Magikoopa who can hide you like vivian
>>
A Whakka with a spiked helmet and a grudge
>>
>>385678650
Why not have him be the superboss of the game that's hidden away?
>>
File: Lil Bitey.png (39KB, 300x151px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Bitey.png
39KB, 300x151px
A Chain Chomp.

It's just a regular Chain Chomp that Mario adopts. It bites things for him and all of its dialogue is barking.
>>
File: chestnut king.png (448KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
chestnut king.png
448KB, 1280x800px
>>385671805
Me and my brother were planning to make modded PMTTYD but it's Paper Luigi based on Luigi's tales from TTYD. Had fun creating the characters and doing sprites, but we failed.
>>
>>385677664
I would, but I'm absolutely terrible at modding. Perhaps somebody else could carry it out. Care to hear how I would do the plot and the bosses?
>>
>>385679343
go for it senpai
>>
>>385678909
His name? Bow Wow.

His mission? Find his best friend. Some kind of green swordsman.
>>
>>385679870
>>385678909
this is good
>>
>>385679870
His name should be chosen by the player like Yoshi in TTYD.
>>
>>385679439
>Plot's about Bowser finding an ancient treasure, getting possessed by an ancient king named "Spectro", and taking over most of the Mushroom Kingdom strategically, yet also agreeing to a peace treaty with Peach and the Toads for the time being
>First Chapter's about Mario going to a city that has grassland aspects and newspapers hanging from vines, the boss of it is a Spike mob boss who went from weak to powerful thanks to Spectro
>Second chapter's about stopping the horrendous music in a desert that has multiple musical instruments strewn about and clocktowers (perhaps call it Ding Dong Desert), the boss is a Whomp that has a group of Koopas following him around, with them putting a cymbal on his back to prevent him from being defeated
>Third chapter's an island with a circus in it where the inhabitants are forced into slavery to do multiple performances, it's like the Glitz Pit in a way, the boss is a Ringleader Broozer with a Mega Mole on a unicycle, a Magician Magikoopa, and a Juggler Spike helping him out
>Fourth chapter's about going into a Mausoleum to stop a cult of Shy Guys that's abducting people to sacrifice them to a three dimensional being that can revive the dead, the boss is a Paper Mache Boo that can possess things like Pianos to attack you with
>Fifth Chapter's a volcano in the middle of an ice cap, with the possibility that, if whatever is inside is not stopped, the entire world will be depleted of it's water. The boss is a gigantic Piranha Plant that has ice and fire powers, and is only pissed off and caused damage because it has heartburn
>Sixth chapter's an irradiated amusement park in a wasteland, with multiple enemies in it being stronger versions of earlier enemies. The boss is a Snifit that wants to exterminate the populace with a mech, regardless of whether they're good or not.
Continued soon.
>>
>>385680208
>Seventh chapter's a cloudy area where temporal disruptions occur, causing things like Mario turning 8-Bit for a few screens, the boss is an army of Goombas forming a giant Toad made out of Goombas
>Eighth chapter's about Bowser beginning to resurface on Spectro, and capturing Peach with his increased power. After you beat him, it turns out this was part of Spectro's plan, as he saw that Peach was an easier host to handle, and that Bowser would submit to her as long as they got married.
>Final chapter's about stopping the wedding between a Spectro-possessed Peach (Who's wearing clothes that look like something a Shy Guy would wear) and Bowser. The enemies are both Toads and Koopatrols, and there are only three save points. The boss has three phases, starting off with Spectro possessing Peach, Spectro possessing you and fighting you on the inside in a form that's similar to you(with you being unable to use Partners during it), and the final phase being Spectro taking the form of a paper mache Silverfish with the mask on top to kill you
>Optional bosses are a Mario fanboy who doesn't think you're the real deal and challenges you with knock offs of your partners, which is how you get Luigi, and the finale of the Circus after Chapter 8, you fighting a Whackya that's wearing a helmet that gives it immense strength and numerous powers
How does it all sound?
>>
File: snifit.jpg (116KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
snifit.jpg
116KB, 500x320px
>>385680208
Cults and irradiated theme parks?
this is sounding more like a horror game than paper mario.
snifit would look like this.
>>385680532
lovin' it my dude.
>>
>>385680753
I was thinking there could be a bar in Chapter 8 where villains like Wart, Tatanga, and Foreman Spike hang out, and the only reason they don't fight you is because they're all scared senseless of you because of what you did to them before in previous games. Maybe you'd heal there.
>>
>>385680753
>>385680532
>seventh chapter
be careful of anomalies
>>
>>385679124
that's pretty good
>>
File: bow.png (75KB, 824x824px) Image search: [Google]
bow.png
75KB, 824x824px
>>385678618
>>Chapter 4
>Another sexy ghost
Go on
>>
>>385681014
It's actually the pot ghost from Yoshi's Island but sexy
>>
>>385682010
how does he move around?
>>
File: sukurbobs.png (26KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
sukurbobs.png
26KB, 1152x648px
>>385671805
Sukurbobs

Pajeet bobomb

explodes
sucks bobs
>>
>>385682330
Uses the weight of her body and head to scoot herself forward
>>
>>385682330
Two Shy Gals push her around for you.
>>
File: 4a6.png (365KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
4a6.png
365KB, 400x587px
>>385671805
A Shygal
>>
>>385682804
CUTE!
>>
>>385672797
>instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
didn't read the rest, but sold
>>
>>385674119
reminded of LISA
>>
I just want a shyguy partner. And no not /v/'s retarded shygal waifu shit, a normal shyguy (special color like most partners of course)

that or a bandit or ninji
>>
>Paper Mario 6
>Returns to it's roots in turn based RPG with all the mechanics built up in the first two games
>The catch: All of the partners from the first two games return for another adventure with the Great Gonzales, perhaps with sidequests for each that go into detail what they've been doing since their first escapade with Mario
Is it a disappointment, or ludo?
>>
>>385683760
It's kino.
>>
File: luigihintz.png (1KB, 204x176px) Image search: [Google]
luigihintz.png
1KB, 204x176px
>>385683234
You could put luigi in anything and he'd be great.
>>
>>385675505
that's actually a really cool idea.
>>
>>385678285
>sly guy
YES
>>
>>385677303
>Wise Guy
That's good.
>>
>>385682804
my god it's the best one in the whole damn thread.
>>
File: Toad SMB.jpg (24KB, 504x639px) Image search: [Google]
Toad SMB.jpg
24KB, 504x639px
Nass T. - A disgruntled Toad who's just along for Mario's adventure because Bowser fucked up his house. Fights by aiming for soft bits and using stuff he picks off the ground to hit enemies. His ultimate attack is taking a baseball bat and smashing every enemy's ankles (or equivalent limbs), sharply decreasing their accuracy for a few turns.
>>
File: luigi idle.gif (13KB, 32x60px) Image search: [Google]
luigi idle.gif
13KB, 32x60px
real world luigi from mario & luigi.
he finds himself in paper mario's world for some reason.
>>
>>385684839
Horrible shitty idea
>>
>>385684919
it's a fantastic idea actually
>>
>>385684919
No one wants another shitty paper mario crossover
>>
>>385684839
Id rather just have Paper Luigi come along for once.
>>
>>385685145
paper luigi tags along with regular luigi
>>
>>385672797
I like all of them, but what I want the most is a chain chomp partner.
>>
>>385685220
no just fucking knock it off, nobody wants Paper Jam 2: Green Pandering Edition That Makes This Shit Okay
>>
>>385685318
it's not paper jam 2 though, luigi's the only regular one there.
>>
>>385685220
No no just Paper Luigi and Paper Mario going on an adventure.
>>
>>385685264
If the next paper mario game somehow goes back to the 64/TTYD formula, then a chain chomp is guaranteed to be a partner since that was a partner in sticker star before it went to shit.
>>
>>385674192
People tend to meme about the problem of doing a PM fangame being the inevitable C&D.

But honestly, I think the worst part is that most faggots on /v/ don't have the livelihood to make such a game.
Like, it's either underage faggots that don't know what they're doing and couldn't make a game,
or it's amateur game dev faggots that are likely poor as fuck and can't spend time making a project they wouldn't be able to be public about for like years of development.

The problem is that PM is way too much to do well for some random faggot.
>>
>>385685628
/v/ will never make a game outside of crude rpgmaker shit, this is no mystery. I wish a PM fangame happened regardless, but of course it would get him with a C&D.
>>
>>385685910
>>385685628
there was an anon in the dev threads making one and there is that other guy working on paper bugs
>>
>>385679124
Do you have any other designs? I'd love to see more.
>>
File: 1308729718025.jpg (12KB, 135x207px) Image search: [Google]
1308729718025.jpg
12KB, 135x207px
>>385672797
>instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
I didn't even bother reading the rest of the post, I'll take ten fucking copies.
>>
>>385686181
It'd be even better if the ratting out was just in a Brooklyn accent, and with stuff in it making them seem unfavorable while making Shy Guys the master race.
>>
>>385674738
>Goombella, Bow, Kooper, Yoshi, Parakarry
Goombella and Bow are bestgirls, and especially Goombella as a lot of upward room to develop.
Bow is just an immortal lady with literally infinite free time, and thus really has no reason to not hang around Mario for adventures.
Kooper and Yoshi would both be interesting to see how their careers developed. I want to see an adult Yoshi, literally raised in pit fights and constant violence. He'd be a fucking monster. Kooper has less wow-potential, but of the original members, he seemed to have the most going for him.

Parakarry is just because I'm a Parakarryfag.
>>
>>385685910
Not on /v/, but there's been some good things to come from /agdg/ over on /vg/.

>>385685974
Paper Bugs is coming along from what I've seen, but I don't think the other guy has posted anything in months.
Probably not happening, like all the other times people tried to make Paper Mario fan games.
At least there's that hard mode mod thing now.
>>
>>385687857
Pro Mode is still in beta, but if that's any indication, it's going to be a blast once it's fully complete. I really hope Clover adds more new areas or redesign a few more like Dry Dry Desert, though.
>>
He's a shy, reserved and very cute Koopa.
Oh, wait, he already exists.
>>
>>385688139
Kooper was way better than that dandy little fuck.
>>
>>385677720
>A female piranha plant who walks atound on her roots, sweet but doesnt mind eating people
did you say vore fetisk art?
>>
>>385688185
>Power Shell only deals 4 damage instead of 5 at full rank
I don't think so.
>>
>Shygal who helps Mario change his looks from Male to Girl to Villain to access certain areas to proceed around the world
>>
File: boker.png (32KB, 514x352px) Image search: [Google]
boker.png
32KB, 514x352px
>>385682010
This might have gotten out of hand a little
>>>/i/511847
>>
>looking at all the great ideas in this thread
>realizing that Nintendo will never make a Paper Mario game like the first 2 ever again
feels eternally bad, man
>>
>>385688951
Which ones specifically do you think are the best?
>>
>Optional secret chapter at the bottom of the pit of 100 trials
>Very little hints to its existence
>Could completely miss the entrance, even if you get to the bottom and beat the pit boss
>Leaving before finding the entrance requires you to go through the pit again
>Finding the entrance and going through, has your current partner remark about how they have no idea where you are
>Travel one screen over and find a small cabin with the silhouette of a rocking chair in the window
>walk in the cabin and the camera zooms out
>"Is that you mario?My, it's been quite some time since I've seen you. What brings you here?"
>"what's that? you're on some newfangled grand adventure? I see.
>"remember the good old days? we used to be great rivals. Nowadays my good for nothing grandson and his pals are the only ones to go on any adventures around here."
>"say, your friends there look a little green... are you sure they're up to this crazy quest you're on?"
>"whuzzat? They've been a great help? Well if they've been great why don't you take me along and we'll show these whippersnappers how we did things in the old days?"
camera transitions to inside the cabin. to show mario, his partner, and the character they've been talking to.
>"Besides, I've been awfully bored lately, and I can't let my grandson hog all the glory! So I'm coming with you, and that's that.
"Cranky Kong has joined your party!"
Secret Chapter: DK Isle
chapter ends in a boss fight against King K. Rool on Gangplank Galleon.
He wonders where donkey kong is and doesn't even know who you are.
remix of his DKC1 theme for his boss music.
rate
>>
A fat as fuck Chargin Chuck that is ass at sports, but fights indirectly by practicing. Gets swole, /fit/ and competent in sports when pissed off.
>>
>>385689207
>remix of his DKC1 theme for his boss music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1z7TSXZerM&index=58&list=PLpNzehgvxh3CNURyEDM-5DV6mWXp_6ccU
>>
>>385689207
>no Cortez backup arriving to stall the Kremlings while Mario takes on K. Rool
it's shit
>>
>>385689582
This just made it 11/10, provided we get a pirate ship battle
>>
>>385689207
Eh, if Nintendo doesnt want new characters in paper mario they might as well use Cranky. Its better than infinite goombas.
>>
>>385689207
Forgot to add
>It's the hardest chapter in the game
>You can go directly to the pit from the start of the game
>If you go do dk isle before any other chapter, cranky comments on how you really are the mario he remembers
>Doing it last causes him to shit talk you, asking if you've been getting soft.
>>
>>385689207
First few lines made me think of Stefan from Fire Emblem.
>>
>>385690029
Oh, I misread chapter as "character". Never mind.
>>
>>385689918
I remember I actually did a pit run in chapter 1 or 2 once. Shit was hard.
>>
>>385690389
Try a Prologue pit run. Use cheats to enter it right before you leave for Chapter 1.
>>
If they give Mario another Goomba partner 1st...

I would design as a more tech nerdy kind of Goomba who wears visor-like glasses with a screen built in. He intends to make a search engine for the world to use for information and hits the road with Mario to gather info. His name is Goombaxter.

His shtick is basically like spending the game with the crows from Twilight Town, spouting stuff the other characters don't understand to slip jokes in. He meets Mario after stealing info on every foe he'll encounter from the antagonist, but it's encrypted and it gets deciphered a bit each Chapter.

His Tattle would be scanning the enemy with his visor and you'd have to hold A as the scan line goes over the enemy. Each area's Tattles would have something in common, like being in Haiku Poems in a Japanese area or ALL CAPS ROBOT TEXT in a technological area.

His other two moves could be tech based, with one being a laser beam from his glasses and the other being using a highly idealized robot version of himself to attack the enemy.
>>
>we'll never have a menagerie of QT partners ever again
>>
A ninji that has the ability to mirror image itself into any enemy (minor) in the game during battle. Because it takes so much concentration to copy enemies the ninji is basically a blank slate and doesn't have much of a personality.

Its ability outside of battle is to shadow Mario (Activate by holding a trigger button) and whenever you succeed at a first strike the ninji will perform a second hit as Mario. But if you get hit first both Mario and ninji take damage.
>>
File: Galoomba_-_Mario_Party_10[1].png (88KB, 286x248px) Image search: [Google]
Galoomba_-_Mario_Party_10[1].png
88KB, 286x248px
You know what would be cool? If they gave Mario a Galoomba as a first partner instead of a Goomba. Made them more tough and leave the tattling to some constant character like Tippi. I'd say make him wear sunglasses to reference the easter egg from Mario World Advance and make him act like a bodyguard to Mario, since I'd imagine having a bodyguard be a party member would be a pretty neat dynamic. Make him ram an enemy with his head like the hammer instead of Headbonking like the jump.

Also, give him a sensitive side and make him want toshow the world that there's differences between Goombas and Galoombas so people will stop confusing them. Maybe have nobody acknowledge his message for comic relief.
>>
>>385688591
>zero replies
no wonder OC is ded
>>
>>385691961
>run into Luigi in the hub city
>he remarks on your partner
>"Another Goomba, huh? Their headbonk must be an invaluable skill!"
>galoomba triggered
>>
>>385688591
>>385692487
I'm sorry anon, that's actually hot as fuck. Saved for... future study.
>>
>>385672797
>Koopatrol who was the tutorial boss
Honestly, fighting a Koopatrol before Chapter 1 is the part of all this that intrigues me the most. He'd deal nearly half your HP at a time and kill you in one hit when he's fully charged. Your hammer wouldn't even pierce his defense. You wouldn't have Spike Shield. Your only real option would be to use a POW but don't those guys flip over in like one turn? If you slipped up even once in that fight you'd be fucking dead.
>>
>>385693691
Again, he's a wannabe Koopatrol who wears cardboard and plastic armor and wants to be part of Bowser's elite, yet will never be, so he tries to beat Mario at the tutorial to prove himself.
>>
>>385693691
Maybe anon meant to make him weaker than normal Koopatrols so he's balanced as a party member, or maybe pull a Mario RPG with the Hammer Bros boss at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>385672797
im with the rest. im sure everything else is great but gangster shy guy who rats out enemies is fucking 31/10. nothing else tops it
absolutely sold ill take 50 copies
>>
>>385672917
>Magic
>Flight
>Defense
>All can be used on the field.
Holy shit I love everything about this.
>>
>>385693824
>Again
You didn't actually write that in your original post. Hiding Mario in a cardboard box just seemed like a weird non sequitur
>>
>>385693942
It's the first one, and also the thing >>385693824
said. Now, what would this game be called if it were ever made?
>>
File: 1501374389758.jpg (92KB, 864x732px) Image search: [Google]
1501374389758.jpg
92KB, 864x732px
>>385672797
Fuck I love all of these.
>>
>>385694091
My mistake. I keep on editing this to explain it for other threads.
>>
>Koops is a pun on the word "oops"
All these years and I didn't see it.
>>
>>385673457
Why the heck would he be an adult?
>>
>>385671805
A piranha plant that grows out of a tiny pot. Talks likes he's from New Jersey.
>>
>>385694656
>EY YO I FRICKIN HATE DOS' SHY GUYS, LEMME GET CLOSER TA DEM' SO I CAN EAT DEM'
>>
>>385672797
>Deaf who thinks he's the Grim Reaper, but he isn't, yet nobody can tell him because he's deaf
kekd
Well done anon.
>>
>>385694481
Oh shit I thought it was supposed to be a "cool" name by cutting Koopa and adding an S.
>>
>>385694861
that could totes be it, too
>>
Seriously though pre-Chapter 1 Koopatrol fight when? Would you have to grind for POW block money? Would there even be a shop that sells them that early? Would you have to go looking for some hidden block Thunder Bolt/Shooting Star or something? What would you get for winning? I'm fascinated
>>
>>385671805
Some sorta punk rock female Squeek who wants to be a famous musician but isn't really the greatest guitarist. She joins Mario due to the fact that it'll give her a reason to spread her "music"
>>
>>385695039
Maybe you get quake hammer as your first badge instead of Power Jump or Power Hammer.
Or let the goomba take one for the team by headbonking the spiked mofo.
>>
>>385695039
You could just Power Smash and have your partner feed you mushrooms/syrups.

>>385695157
Too OP, it needs to be cheap BP and FP wise.
>>
>>385689310
>Chowin' Chuck
>>
>>385674119
this is fucking majestic and needs more replies
>>
>>385695210
Oh, that's true, I forgot how early you got Power Smash in TTYD. If you got Power Jump instead like PM you'd be straight fucked though
>>
>>385695915
Well, in TTYD you can buy Power Jump right after getting Power Smash, too. You'd have to make absolutely sure that the player would have no way of dealing damage with regular or badge attacks.
>>
File: 1457071128254.png (27KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457071128254.png
27KB, 800x1200px
>>385688591
damn that's good. hey, were you the guy who drew this in a color splash thread, back when it was revealed in a Nintendo Direct or something?
>>
Toapa
A koopa who is a were-toad. Or maybe he's a toad whose a were-koopa?
Has a split personality, normal text is black but uses blue text for the alternate personality (Koad). Toapa is helpful and timid, but dreadfully stupid. You befriend him by helping him open a door you pull open, instead of push. Koad talks mostly in battle through the mini speech bubbles and mostly makes snide remarks at enemies. Otherwise serves as Toapa's spine, putting on a pair of sunglasses when he's the dominate one talking.
Looks like a koopa with a toad mushroom pattern on his shell, and a toad hat with a koopa shell pattern. Koad wears triangle sunglasses.
Outside of battle can be used to scare enemies to keep away, or clear NPC blockades.
In battle has a high defense and low damage at 50%+ HP, and high damage and low defense below 50%. Can hit an enemy hard enough to knock them into the one behind it. Second is a buff that gives mario more defense or attack, based on whose active. Final ability heals Mario and scare enemies.
>>
File: 107[1].png (251KB, 516x356px) Image search: [Google]
107[1].png
251KB, 516x356px
>>385693095
>After clearing a puzzle you need him for, an NPC remarks on Goombas being smarter than they gave them credit for.
>One of the recurring characters confuses them the first time and the Galoomba is passive aggressive for the rest of the game.
>Confusion between para- variants torments him further.
>The entire game is full of backhanded compliments toward him that are aimed at Goombas, boosting their image instead of his.
>Culminates in Goombas being treated better and Galoombas no better off.
>>
>>385696192
Thanks but I did not draw that toad. I also don't see the resemblance.
>>
>>385697559
ah I thought I saw a resemblance in the luigi-in-a-goomba-hoodie pic, I assumed you drew that one? unless two artists dropped by this thread.
>>
>>385697781
A >>385674119
B >>385681014 >>385688591
C >>385682371
>>
>>385697996
C is your greatest work yet tbqh
>>
>>385697996
C is the best.
>>
No matter how many times I try, I literally cannot ever see Vivian's and Marilyn's pink dots as cheeks instead of eyes. Anyone else experience this?
>>
shieet, I just got through Pro Mode hack. Dojo Master v2 and Maximum-Power Bowser where the best fights.
>that 10-hit combo from the dojo master you have to block before you can fight back
felt nice when I finally best him
>>
How many of all you are aware that this is a thing.Mario RPG: Pipes & Plumbers
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG

It's a Paper Mario tabletop game the brainiacs over in /tg/ cooked up recently. It's pretty rules-light, and if nothing else, offers framework into how to effectivly design a Paper Mario character.

Some additional stuff from the thread.
>Races, Abilities, Items, Badges, etc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TNIGww-irrwywHgSCZPgCw_AT9Q5fmwAmyF2_8T0dBk/htmlview#gid=0
>Additional Races
https://pastebin.com/6HHbLh7c
>Campain RP Archive
http://akey.ca/gbrp/index.php
>Gameplay Test Log 1
https://pastebin.com/tqZPyfdz
>Gameplay Test Log 2
https://pastebin.com/8v8cK2BX
>Super Mario Wiki
https://www.mariowiki.com/Main_Page
>>
File: tumblr_mhs1emZ0zW1rrftcdo1_500.png (246KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhs1emZ0zW1rrftcdo1_500.png
246KB, 500x591px
>>385699594
None of them have eyes on the sides of their heads, only above their mouths. All of them have black pupils or pupils with a black outline, even Ms. Mowz with her mask. All of them have ovals aligned vertically for pupils. Multiple characters have solid-colored pink horizontal ovals on the sides of their heads (a blush). Vivian has a big tuft of hair in front of her eyes. Gauging from the eye placement of the other characters, they would be in the area the hair covers. There is no good reason to assume that's her eye at all, especially not when you're that far into the game and have been exposed to so many designs-- consistency (and common sense) informs viewers that, duh, it's obviously not her eye.
>>
>>385700448
Yeah I still can't see those dots as anything else but eyes. Maybe because I played this game so much when I was a kid and I had that mindset it's so difficult to condition.
>>
>>385672797
>First partner's a gangster Shy Guy that's only working with you out of fear of getting caught by the cops, instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
I don't really care for most of these but this one would be absolutely amazing
>>
File: smb2_phanto_w3-3.png (1KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
smb2_phanto_w3-3.png
1KB, 256x240px
A Phanto that was supposed to be guarding the key that protects the game's big macguffin. He gets tricked into thinking Mario has it, fights him, then joins you on your quest once he finds out he was tricked.

His ability is that Mario can wear him as a mask and see hidden objects.

He's a terrible troll, terrible in that he's simple minded and makes bad (but nintendo-friendly) insults. In true Paper Mario fashion, one character will take a potshot at the internet and make a joke about his insults being bait.
>>
>>385672797
Nice.
>>
File: Swooper_NSMB2_Prima.png (205KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Swooper_NSMB2_Prima.png
205KB, 1024x1024px
Swoopula, a swooper who thinks he is a vampire. He is weak but can give Mario HP by sucking it from other enemies. His other main attack is a stat buff similar to Watt and Sushi but instead gives mario a 25% chance to evade attacks for several turns similar to lucky day badge
>>
>>385703221
>His ability is that Mario can wear him as a mask and see hidden objects.
That's a terrible ability, why would you want that? The levels will be full of dumb invisible things that have no reason other than to justify the ability. Players will walk around every area toggling the mask looking for invisible shit. When they see something invisible with the mask-- that's just it. There's no puzzle solving at all. It's not interesting or fun. The earlier the player gets the partner, the more pointless it is to put invisible things in later areas since players will be wearing the mask 24/7 after they get it. The later the player gets the partner, the more grating backtracking to look for previous hidden things is.

I mean, fuck, you don't have to be an vidya essay reader to see why it would be a bad addition.

inb4, "But Zelda did it." It's not a good item in Zelda either. It's effectively just another key and it has one function. Mario partners are largely lock and key, the worst example being Yoshi, Parakerry, Sushi, and Lakilester (whose "puzzles" involve recognizing when an area obviously requires their specialized yet boring mode of travel, and doing it), but the more interesting ones have some nuance in their function, like Bombette having a timer on her detonation, making it so it requires precise timing to hit overworld enemies with it and introduces some puzzles that demand timed remote hitting of switches.

Don't insult the player, man.
>>
>>385704129
The area are already full of hidden objects in both Paper Mario and TTYD, as long as they don't make it required for puzzle solving after like the first dungeon you get him at just to show you how it works I don't see the harm.
>>
>>385704216
>I don't see the harm.
You're encourage players to swap out for the mask and check for shit constantly. This does not add anything. At all. In fact it removes something: The point of a hidden object being hidden. There's no secret or guesswork, just slap on the mask and oh there it is. It also wastes the players' time when they put it on and see nothing. There's something a bit more pressing here, though

>as long as they don't make it required for puzzle solving after like the first dungeon you get him at just to show you how it works
This is already fucked up. If you require it for progress, solving a puzzle, then a trend is established. The player will constantly be looking out for hidden blocks when they get stuck since it's a pattern that hidden blocks lead to progressing. If you want players to know it's completely optional, never force it at all.

Go back to the drawing boards and come back with something not objectively bad for the game.
>>
Why is this thread so autistic. Help.
>>
I know this is not the right thread to talk about it, but I just can't help but just point out how nicely Tubba Blubba and Grubba contrast with each other, despite both being of the same species.
-Tubba is an anti villain, using powers he gained in order to retaliate against the boos of who haunted him; where as Grubba is an outright villain, gaining more power simply because he wants to keep his youth and be powerful.
-Tubba works for Bowser, the game's main villain; where as Grubba works independently.
-Tubba already has a reputation of being feared, where as Grubba remains innocuous until later on through the chapter.
-Tubba is more like a puppet to the power he was granted (his heart) where as Grubba is the one in control of his power.
-Leading from the past point, it shows in there boss fight where after dealing with his power (hell the boss fight is more on so fighting his powers, his heart) Tubba's helpless; where as for Grubba you have to fight him as he's in complete control of his powers.
-You have to run away from Tubba, where as for Grubba you have to pursue him.
>>
RIP Thread
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.