[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Runescape thread? How did you find out about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: gf mmo.jpg (11KB, 411x369px) Image search: [Google]
gf mmo.jpg
11KB, 411x369px
Can we have a Runescape thread? How did you find out about this game and what is your favorite thing to do in Runescape? Did you become a member?
>>
Just got back into OSRS last month. What the fuck is up with the new continent in the top left?
>>
Hey pick up that wine something cool happens
>>
>>385670763
played this back in the computer lab in middle school
I thought smelting your own armor/weapons was the dopest shit
I used to auto run from varock to the mines
>>
>>385670763
>Started in 6th or 7th grade
>Was the earliest period of Runescape
>Pure 2D characters and 3D backgrounds
>Watching people get slaughtered in Varrock sewers
>Hanging around hundreds in Varrock square just waiting for a partner for Shield of Arrac
>Blindly exploring the world
>Getting excited at the news that Player Owned Houses would not be instanced and would be for all the world to see

Fun times, man. I remember hanging out with the kid everybody hated just because he had a membership at some point and I loved to hear all about it.

I tried RS3, and it's extremely fun. Quests are refreshing in comparison to other MMOs like WoW. Ultimately I just don't have the willpower to go through another grindfest again though
>>
>miniclip.com
>new game
>runescape
never went back to miniclip
>>
>>385672586
Auto run?
>>
File: 99WC.jpg (294KB, 707x625px) Image search: [Google]
99WC.jpg
294KB, 707x625px
>>385670763
A friend of mine told me about it back in '04. Making my own armour, exploring the world, and asking other players how to actually play was what kept me playing. The RS community was so nice back then, I don't know how it is now though, been too long. Of course I got membership
>>
>>385670763
>How did you find out about this game
Back when I was a wee lad, I used to go to cybers where you paid 1 buck per hour of internet. As my shitty flash game loaded, I looked over to the guy on the next pc and he was playing this strange game. He didn't notice me so I wrote down the address for future inspection.
Years later, I remembered I had played the game to level 20 or so. It turned out they had updated the shit out of it and I had forgotten the password, so I asked /v/ if they had a private server, which of course they did, and here I am now.
>>
File: Feelbird.png (301KB, 1304x918px) Image search: [Google]
Feelbird.png
301KB, 1304x918px
Friend told me about it at school, don't remember his name. Started way back in '02, but wasn't interested 'till later in '04. When Slayer was released, I told myself "I'm gonna be the first person to get 99Slayer!" I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end... I started to no-life RS after that, played up till '09 when I finally got caught botting three months before. They rolled my stats back and I couldn't bring myself to get all my 99s back. I still had to get my quest cape back, but I ignored all that, and just did Barrows Brothers. Got so much money, but it didn't matter, I had lost the urge to do it all over again. I started to play every now and then, making a bunch of characters, but haven't played at all since '14.

My favourite thing to do was farm Barrows Brothers. It's what made me famous in my clan, whether or not it was a joke at my autism, I don't care. Everyone in the clan knew who I was, always having a conversation, setting up clan events around it. It felt good.
>>
File: delicious.gif (2MB, 309x452px) Image search: [Google]
delicious.gif
2MB, 309x452px
>>>/vg/184332190
>2007 era
>double xp
>infinite run in most areas
>no G.E.
>free membership
If you're looking to relive some of the grind from back then it's a great spot, OSRS is a mess these days
>>
>>385677180
Isn't /v/scape full of trannies, because fuck that.
>>
>>385670763
Started February 2006 when a friend showed me the game.
My favorite thing to do was mess around and pretty much do nothing.

2007 wasn't as good as 2006, and after the GE came out the game was ruined forever. Oldschool RS will never capture the magic of 2006scape.
>>
File: rs 99.png (662KB, 611x625px) Image search: [Google]
rs 99.png
662KB, 611x625px
>>385674783
here's my version of that image
and we named them similarly too
>>
>>385677267
man if it is I can hardly tell desu. I only grind and kill shit. AFAIK it's a single player scape with mobile traders who speak to me.
>>
>>385677267
like any game with a /vg/eneral there's fags playing pretend trap
the game has an ignore function for a reason
>>
>>385677180
I play that sporadically from time to time. Is mining pure essence a good way to make money like the wiki implies? I never bothered to talk to anyone so far.
>>
>>385677450
The best way (though very fucking long term) is thieving -> crafting -> high-alching. Pess is nigger work and you'd only do it if you need starter equipment right now.
>>
>>385677450
pess is 500 gp each if you're not getting jewed, so is oak, flax, iron, and coal/bstrings are even more
1-2m is enough to buy over 90% of any one item you might want to from other players, like barrows gear, whip

gather oaks, pess, flax, bowstrings, coal, iron, >1k at a time so people are willing to trade, and you can make bank really easy.
>>
>>385677836
>>385677843
Well I am using steel shit with the wolfbane dagger so I may gather 1k once to upgrade because fuck smithing and then keep grinding alone like an autist. Thanks.
>>
>>385677991
I might as well drop you free gear at that point really. Just do the starter quests and play whatever.
>>
File: 1499158852897.jpg (31KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1499158852897.jpg
31KB, 583x583px
been doing agility for about a week now at Seers. went from 60 to 68, aiming for 71. how long will it take me to just bust it out without stopping.
>>
>>385678250
Bout two more weeks.
>>
>>385670763
I had a friend who played it autisticlly throughout high school. He sat me down to play it after school one day and made me kill chickens for two hours
I went home and never touched it again
>>
>>385677267
Did you know that people who are transexuals can be decent human beings too? Man, /v/scape is probably shit because its /v/, not because people might be trans lol.
>>
>>385673045
I started playing shortly after easter of 2003. I spent a lot of my time mining coal, exchanging it for coal certs, selling them, and buying rare items. I didn't play when santa hats and halloween masks dropped, but I was around when santas were sub 100k, green masks were 300k, red masks 400k, and blue masks 500k. I even saved up enough to get a purple phat at one point, and it only cost me a couple mill.

I remember getting membership for the first time, I mailed a money order worth enough for 3 months of membership, I would race home after school and try logging in every day for several weeks, because it took so fucking long for the mail to get to the UK. Logging in to a members world for the first time was so fucking amazing.
>>
>>385676413

i know this feel so much
>>
>>385670763

i met a guy in first grade that played a lot of runescape.

we were best friends and we'd always hang out and play goldeneye and perfect dark, he had an action replay for his n64 so he was fucking cool as shit at the time.

he told me about this game called runescape, i got hooked. however his parents were very christian and the demonic/undead influence thought it was tarnish his youth or some shit, so he quit playing. he moved away in the third grade, while i kept playing.

never studied in school really. just played runescape, all day. I wanted to experience the world of runescape, because all of it was fucking fascinating. the community, the forums. i was bullied a little at this time so the idea of being one of those crazy lvl 60s with one of those red weapons astounded me.

seriously some of the greatest memories of my childhood are in this game, although it really does kind of suck ass gameplay wise
>>
1. can I play OSRS for free?
2. is it worth playing for free?

Honestly am I just better off trying a different MMO like ESO or BDO (I don't like monthly subscriptions)?
>>
I started playing runescape when I was 8, I had met some friends at our apartments pool complex, & brought them back home to chat for a bit. One of the younger boys, asked me something along the lines of if I wanted to see a cool game, to which I said sure....it was Runescape, we created an account. & I started playing I met this one girl who asked me in chat if I wanted to be her bf. Little 'ole 8 year old was giddy, & said sure, we role play for a bit, & brings me back to her "families house"(it was just some npc house) by that time the kid, & his family we had over had to leave, & he typed I'm actually an 8 year old boy in the chat against my wishes......that was the first time I played Runescape, also my first RP experience.
>Favorite thing to do?
Slay dragons, & fashion-scape.
>Did I become a member?
Yes, it was for the longest time. It was one of the few subs I wanted, or had.
>>
I barely ever played runescape but some of the nostalgia stories on 4chan about it are my favorite for some reason.
>>
>>385683016
You are better off forgetting about MMOs.
>>
>How did you find out about runescape
I found out about it after seeing the strategy guide at my school's scholastic bookfair a long, long time ago.
>What's you favorite thing to do
Catch chins, it's simple, doesn't rape your wrist, and it's great money
>Did you ever get members
See above

Unfortunately Runescape is kinda shit now, it's lost that appeal where you're just exploring the world, with all the materials online at your disposal everyone is spoonfed on the most optimal things to do for every occasion, the game is money/expscape at this point.
>>
>>385684984
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>385683016
There's an ungodly amount of content locked behind membership in Runescape, give the f2p version a try first, I don't think OSRS is free, you can however get something like /v/scape(They're free private servers that are osrs). The majority of Content in ESO is free, Black Desert Online is really fucking complex, I'd personally recommend Warframe.
>>
>>385684984
best post
>>
>>385685083
>/v/scape
Fuck no, that place is cancer cubed.
Everyone on there is /pol/ddit hyperautists who circlejerk hardcore, half the quests are bugged and any account with any accomplishments achieved them when the game was bugged as fuck, like hopping over the sawmill shortcut gave you thousands of agility exp, or when barrows didn't have prayer drain, and how much content wasn't locked behind quests.
>>
>>385685350
New players are legit though. Just ignore yell, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>385685350
/v/scape isn't the only private server
>>
>>385683016
seriously just try >>>/vg/184332190 then decide if non f2p is worth it
>>
>>385677450
I started playing about month ago for fun. Easiest way to make money in f2p is to spend whatever cash you have on the fire, water, and air rune packs, open them, and then sell the runes. The rune packs sell for around 440 and contain 100 runes. The runes go for 5 each on the GE. Shit really escalates after a while.
>>
>>385685915
>>385685432
Remember when Fish and some other dude when on a gay cross-country road trip?
/v/scape is just a front for tranny meetups
>>
>>385686172
Not at all. Who the fuck are those?
>>
>>385686047
As a side note I reached my goal of getting a stupid gold chefs hat so now I'm kind of done with the game. When I played back in 2007 I thought there were a lot of bots but now OSRS is fucking riddled with them. Some locations like the monks at the monastery and any trees or ores near varrock are unusable.
>>
>>385686217
Cutetorture and Fish
>>
>>385670763
Started in 2003 or 2004, I was in 6th grade. My friend told me about a flash game site called Miniclip where I saw ads for RS
I'm WCing in old school right now
>>
>>385686341
You pay far too much attention to people mate. I remember boopboopboop and the mountain.
>>
>>385686504
Boopboopboop is a femanon whose nudes got leaked with that hypebeast guy, my man.
>>
>>385686742
Holy shit. Do you even play this game?
>>
Yeah and you wonder why I'm so hesitated to try /v/scape.
>>
Dkfjj
>>
Nah I was never a member, but I was autistic enough to grind to level 85 mining and a bunch of other stuff

Something about the nonmember world was so comfy I just didn't want to expand it

Wish they had more nonmember quests tho
>>
>>385683016
There's a f2p mode, and you can also use in-game currency to buy membership. It'll take a long ass time to get to the point where you can self sustain yourself though
>>
>>385686785
It's pretty hard when every single player has a backlog of drama behind them, and the game is STILL incomplete after almost like 5 years of development of premade content.
And if the solution to this is to ignore everyone, why even bother playing an MMO to begin with?
>>
>>385684984
I've never gotten into an MMO except a tiny bit of RS a decade ago. It's not fair man.
>>
>>385687863
It sucks, but the way the internet developed killed MMOs. There is no longer a point with metagaming and wikis and shit. Also the fact that people prefer themeparks and mostly refuse to pay subs which leads devs to cash shops and "we are totally not selling power" schemes.
>>
>>385688001
>Also the fact that people prefer themeparks and mostly refuse to pay subs

I can't really blame people for this. Why would anybody play for a reskinned WoW-clone when they have already payed 10 years worth of WoW subscriptions? OSRS and RS3 shows that MMOs that aren't WoW can ask for a monthly fee if the game is actually 'good' and not just a carbon copy of an existing game.
>>
>all these people talking about the old days, osrs, and /v/scape
>nobody gives a fuck about rs3
I am so lonely. Guess I'll just keep doing solo content.
>>
>>385689398
Rs3 is recent, most of us have grown up, gotten jobs, married, and what have you. No memories to be had for Rs3, I know everything about that game already. I will say though, it was a pleasant change. I mean, I never look at the screen anyway, the less you play the game, the faster you get money/exp.
>>
File: IMG_7088.jpg (151KB, 904x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7088.jpg
151KB, 904x1280px
>>385670763
How’s the new runescape? I played the hell out of the old one.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.