[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walk into gamestop today to buy a play and charge for my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>walk into gamestop today to buy a play and charge for my xbox controller
>open the door to see 100's of pop figures and random marvel/super hero t-shirts lining the wall.
>the xbox, ps4, and nintendo sections were about 3 feet wide each.

is this what gamestop is becoming?
>>
Digital downloads, Amazon, and being an all around shit business are murdering them. This is their stab at diversifying their sources of income.
>>
so how much, despite the professed hate, do you think /v/ is going to rage when this place goes under?
>>
>>385665421
Not very. Most of us hate the fucks.
>>
>>385664656
I remember about a year ago when I had hope for gamestop, they had just started stocking actually higher end collectible like Figmas, Nendroids, and Art FX statues.
Then they discovered it's 1000x cheaper to fill the store with Funko pops, and now it's literally just a hot topic that sells games instead of shit music and piercings.
>>
>>385665475
you've more confidence in /v/'s integrity than I.
>>
>>385665421
I'll miss EB if it goes under. I prefer going there over Walmart, even if they try to push preorders or warranties on you
>>
>>385665517
Yea, but how many people actually bother going in there for shitty figures and toys?
Majority just goes for games
>>
>walk into local Gamestop
>literally nothing but funko pops and shirts
>ask what the hell is going on
>we're shutting down
>>
>>385664656
Yes, good. Fuck them. The sooner the industry is entirely digital download the better. Look at the competitive PC game prices compared to console.
>>
>>385665757
>That image
Did that nigga really think the save file saved to the disc?
>>
>>385665923

Won't happen until burger internet infrastructure gets where it needs to be.
We're so far behind and pay so much for so little it hurts.
>>
>walk into fucking gamestop on monday or Tuesday
>order a splatoon 2 switch bundle
>they're still in stock
>get the power up card, guy tells me they'll probably have used copies of BoTW soon so it's probably worth. I might come back and raid their PS3 collection when I go back for it
>get the free year of game informer magazine too
>supposed to be released on the second, guaranteed to be at my house by the fourth
>get email that it shipped on friday, it'll be here Monday

Fucking gamestop
>>
>>385665819
If I go into gamestop with $200 intending to buy a $60 game, I way more likely to spend the rest of the money on a nice figma or statue instead of funko pops and shitty thinkgeek "exclusive" fallout 4 mugs.
>>
>>385665819
You would be absolutely shocked at how large this demographic is. I work with two guys in their mid 30s who have entire rooms dedicated to that stuff.
>>
>>385666191
>ordering the GameStop jew bundle at all
You get what you deserve.
>>
Every game in existence can bought and downloaded from the internet for a better price and more convenience. We have reached the golden future where CD's have no purpose
>>
>>385666021
I can't tell if it's 2ironic4u shitposting or not
>>
Collectibles have a 50% profit margin, where pre-owned games have a 30% margin. Couple that with the fact that corporate won't try to compete with Amazon or even allow us to price-match with other brick and mortar stores, and it's pretty clear what's going on.

This company is a fucking meme.

t. shift manager
>>
>>385665923
Yeah sure because of course Sony wouldn't be the one selling you games on their store..

Fuck going all digital, I bet they would even keep charging 60$ for a digital copy and having complete control of prices, plus they could do whatever they want since your games are tied to your account making you their bitch.
>>
>>385666605
Then xbox would compete against sony and could sell cheaper on their console to compete.
>>
What year will gamestop completley go out of business?
>>
>>385666584
What are the margins for new games? Can't imagine it's much more than 5 or 10 dollars
>>
>>385667175
Well, on the sale of a brand new Xbox One we make about $7.

It's basically nothing.
>>
>>385666021
>>385666561

>>>/vr/4154537
>>
>>385667038
At least five years from now. They're going to continue to restructure their business model until they're basically unrecognizable from the GameStop of today before finally flaming out. Mind you, I think they still have a legitimate chance of being a long-term fixture in the gaming industry, but their business model and corporate culture is so horrid that I don't anticipate them learning any valuable lessons.

In so many ways, I think that they're the next Blockbuster. They have failed at every level to connect with their consumers, refuse to embrace evolving technologies, and their response to common grievances seems to be to just try it again and hope that it works.
>>
>>385666773
What if both of them decide to not lower prices, you would not have much choice aside from not buying their product. You are at their mercy, at least while physical copies exist they are not the only ones who set prices.

And I'm not even so sure about that because they already tried to stop people from reselling their used copies, and don't forget online pass.

And how Microsoft started the paid online thing and Sony followed, now even Nintendo is doing the same, although it's a lot cheaper but still.
>>
When are they going to change their name to PopStop?
>>
File: file.png (991KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
991KB, 800x1199px
>>385664656
Last time I went into a gamestop they were selling scale statues for Marvel and DC along with used phones.
In about 5 years they'll probably be something akin to a slightly vidya themed Hot Topic or Spencers.
>>
>>385667232
Pretty much nothing, yeah. No wonder you are forced to shill toys, used games and warranties
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.