[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets be honest if a different company made it and there wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

Lets be honest if a different company made it and there wasn't a gay person in it, /v/ would love this game.
>>
Maybe not love it but it's alright. It also had copy protection that kept /v/irgins from playing it around launch so that contributed to the hate memes.

Also the homosexual was great.
>>
>>385661762
You are worse than the morriganspammer, fuck off m8.
>>
I played it twice. The second time it's flaws were a lot more evident. There are too many desert areas, they suck. The combat is only fun if you're using magic. Trespasser dlc was great though, Cassandra a best
>>
>>385661762
>Lets be honest if a different company made it and there wasn't a gay person in it, /v/ would love this game.

No it wouldn't. There's so much fundamentally wrong with every single aspect of this game that it wouldn't matter.

The game is a prime example of how not to do an RPG.
>>
>>385661762
pretty much
>>
>>385661762
>None of the resources or people you recruit affect the game
>sinlge player mmo with boring fetch quest
>every armor looks the same
>homo characters entire story is based around him being a faggot

As a fan of Origins it was pretty hard to admit, but the game is mediocre at best and tedious at worst.
>>
Bizarrely the gay character was one of the few actually decently written characters

My main problem was the fucking enemy design

>Instant teleport to your location results in a highly damaging AoE stun
>The combatant that does this can be used multiple times in a single encounter
>They can and will alternate stuns to stunlock you
>>
>>385662447
sjw retard you can leave now or you can leave crying
>>
The main thing for me was retconning Qunari Bible to fit trans shit in was just utterly ridiculous. I also find it funny how Bioware talks about making real characters with flaws and convincing personalities, then makes the gay guy a sassy, daddy issues caricature of gay people.
>>
Dragon Age Inquisition was great, prove me wrong
>>
>>385663002
Dorian was written by the same guy who wrote Morrigan and a majority of DA1, it's not really a surprise that he's better written than most of the other followers
>>
>>385663049
Wait, what?
>>
>>385663049
>makes the gay guy a sassy, daddy issues caricature of gay people.
and he was still somehow one of the better written characters.
>>
>>385663195
Dorian has shit writing, Sera is the good gay character
>>
>>385663128
I'm glad someone finally said it, people get too caught up in it being an sjw fest that they don;t think clearly
>>
>>385663430
>dorian shit
>sera good
Well, fuck me
>>
File: 1501348479373.gif (505KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501348479373.gif
505KB, 1080x1080px
>>385663430
>>
>>385663496
It's a good game with solid story and satisfying gameplay
yeah it's not a game you can put 400 hours into like skyrim but it is extremely well-rounded
at least it has personality and the whole wolrd doesn't feel like an empty tundra of npcs
>>
File: 1494516796732.png (275KB, 474x348px) Image search: [Google]
1494516796732.png
275KB, 474x348px
>>385662294
>I played it twice.
How? I got bored once i realised the Hinterlands is where they run out of ideas for the remaining 85% of the game

>>385661762
And no OP, the gay bits are not an issue, bioware writing is an issue only if you expected a good story
Combat is clunky and boring, most of the time you just watch your character holding down the attack button.
Loot is usless, every side quest is repeated and usless.
Your party members are dumb and you have little control over them.
Real life waiting for shit to happen, minimum amount of side shit to proceed with the plot.

The only good thing about this game was the skybox at Skyhold, it looked fancy
>>
>>385663430
Well done, anon, well done... HOWEVER! You're wrong and you're pathetic. kys
>>
Fuck no. The open world is one of the buggiest, blandest, unsatisfying places I've explored in years. At least in shit like Ass Creed it was fun to move around, but in Inquisition it feels like shit to control your character, and is super clunky when on mounts. So all you have left is hundreds of random landmarks with small bits of boring lore tied to them and bands of demons/bandits everywhere. It's so fucking boring to explore. On top of that, none of the characters are particularly interesting outside of that one ghost-like guy. Many were just incredibly boring to listen to, some being outright obnoxious like Sera. Talking to Blackwall, or whatever his name was, always felt like a chore because he was just so nothing. On top of all that, the fundamental gameplay didn't even feel that good. It didn't have the strategy of Origins and it didn't have the simplicity of DA2 that allowed you to just ignore the combat basically. So combat just feels clunky too.

Everything was a mess in the game. It is one of the jankiest, blandest games to explore with uninteresting characters, a story that revolves around you being a chosen one, a shit ton of glitches (fell through the world three times and my character's model freaked out twice within a few hours of playing), most choices feeling meaningless, and gameplay that feels super clunky. It's one of the few games I actually got so bored with that I quit halfway through. I don't fucking quit games out of boredom. Hell, I still typically finish games even if they're bad simply out of sheer stubbornness. But nah, Inquisition is so goddamn long and such a slog I gave up. Fuck that shit. If you told me that this was made by the same people behind Mass Effect, Dragon Age Origins, and KOTOR, I'd have laughed in your face.
>>
>>385663732
the home base at skyhold is probably one of the best home bases I can think of in any game. I could draw a map of that from memory right now
>>
>>385663128
Bad and poorly designed combat
Extremely weak roleplaying
Poor character customization (as in how you level up your character and so on)
Skilling your character was boring as fuck since it was designed to not support varied builds with a lot of skills (because you had limited quickslots)
Almost all sidequest are garbage and most of them are copypasted
Trash loot system
Crafting made loot even more shit since you just kept crafting the same gear with a different base, making 99% of loot trash
Poorly written across the board, from characters, to dialogue to story
Even dragons ceased to be an event and were instead turned into a checklist. Not only that they were boring as hell to fight and were just massive sponges.

The list just goes on and on.
>>
>>385661762
face it, it was a bad game. the only reason it go good reviews was because it was Bioware/EA.
>>
>>385663225
https://youtu.be/gd8b3fl6tMY 1min in
>>
>>385663958
I thought you were talking about Witcher 3
>>
File: 1454684848164.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454684848164.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>385663430
I hated everything about that character, without knowing she was lesbian only
During my playtrough i wanted to hang her on the castle entrance. Her annoying accent, the dumb shit she said all the time, her dumb ideas and the way she is a caricature of robin hood without the talent or the charm. She crossed the line when she killed a character i was talking to.
Fuck her
>>
>>385662280
>morriganspammer
Wat
>>
>>385664143
Unlike DA:I, Witcher had good writing, story and characters. Not only that but far superior quest design.
>>
I thought it was mediocre but I still platinumed it. It scratches my old wow addict.
>>
>>385663732
>Real life waiting for shit to happen, minimum amount of side shit to proceed with the plot.

This fucking shit, goddamn. At least in most bad games you can generally blitz the main story and just finish it. But no, there are so many fucking roadblocks when just trying to do the story or finish a single task. Whether it's a certain number of things you have to find in the bland open world, or an actual time limit that bars you. It's infuriating. It not only pads out the game's length, but highlights how bad the side shit is because it forces you to delve headfirst into it.

If it didn't constantly stop me from making progress, I may have actually finished the game. When it was just doing the main story shit with characters all commenting and doing their thing, the game was okay, even good at times. But I dreaded every time I had to go back out into the world and explore. Which is like the opposite of what RPGs typically do. Most of the time the side shit is why you play RPGs.
>>
>>385664323
>Eagle Vision the breadcrumbs and press F to witcher is better quest design
>>
>>385663430
>Sera
>good
She is arguably Bioware's worst character ever. You would be hard press to find a worst written and more annoying character.
>>
>>385663031
This site is 18+ only.
>>
>>385664428
It really is compared to "hold button to attack" and fetch quests
>>
>>385664574
Imoen.
>>
>>385664180
You know he doesn't have to die just don't keep asking questions he has nothing interesting to say anyway.
>>
Dorian was one of the best characters though...
>>
>>385664703
Witcher 3 IS fetch quests, unless you mean the smuggler's caches, and mashing mouse 1 instead of holding it is an arbitrary complaint and you're just reaching for a comeback.
>>
>>385664428
The Bloody Baron is an optional sidequest.

What sidequest in DA:I is even remotely on par with that? Nothing.

If you think it's unfair then even a smaller sidequest like ghosts from the past is 100x better than anything in DA:I.

The key difference is in their predictability. A quest in Witcher 3 can start off as one thing and then turn into something completely different, often with sveral conclusions.

Go on, talk to me about some of those amazing sidequests in DA:I.
>>
File: DDmbOKHXcAEVttO.jpg (18KB, 386x376px) Image search: [Google]
DDmbOKHXcAEVttO.jpg
18KB, 386x376px
>>385664134
>Culture entirely based around people having their place and being what they are from birth to death
>Sten in DA:O is literally baffled by the idea of a farmer wanting to be a noble, or a woman wanting to be a warrior
>Culture actually goes out of its way to exile/persecute anyone who stands out, including mages that even slightly go against the norm
>Have to basically argue tooth and nail to get Sten to even understand the basic need to do things not on the main task or to understand why doing things differently can be okay

And this same culture has a word for an individual whose body is different from what they think they are gender-wise? Fucking stupid as hell. The only words they would have for such people who differ from the norm is shit like, soon to be executed or traitor. They shouldn't have any understanding of trans populations and theoretically would actively kill them as they go against what is set. The idea that they have a specific word to not only describe this population, but are also accepting of them is the most infuriating shit ever. It goes against everything the Qunari were set up to be for the sake of real world acceptance.

Fuck that shit makes me mad. I'm cool with acceptance and representation. Hell, I'm generally more accepting than others on this board of LGBTQ populations. But the entire point of the Qunari was that they're so strict that it leads to outright confusion at the idea of people differing from the norm. Goddamn it.
>>
>>385663958
pretty much this
>>
File: 1477094697231.gif (349KB, 159x161px) Image search: [Google]
1477094697231.gif
349KB, 159x161px
>>385664428
Witcher 3 provides you context. Even if every quest boils down to 1) go there 2) use batman senses 3) fight shit 4)cash in
But every quest felt unique. You know you are fighting that monster for that village, that this dude kid was killed, or that girl killed herself and became a ghost, or that farmer closed a monster inside his barn.
DA:I just puts you on a map with some quest markers and pats you on the back
Also, the writing is on a completly different level
>>
>>385664940
All the DLCs.
>>
File: 1497798815901.jpg (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497798815901.jpg
119KB, 500x500px
>>385664940
>The Bloody Baron is an optional sidequest.

No it isn't wtf why are you lying?
Only the last part is optional.
>>
File: 1456538724299.jpg (36KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456538724299.jpg
36KB, 368x469px
>>385664143
>>
>>385665096
These things apply to both games. The problem is you're heavily biased against both.
>>
>>385665118
Not only is that wrong but you failed to elaborate. Until you do I'll just ignore your shitposts.
>>
File: 1490369900835.jpg (44KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1490369900835.jpg
44KB, 600x535px
>>385664721
I don't give a flying fuck, i'm supposed to be the inquisitor, i'm the one that decides who i talk to and who i kill.
You can even put some other characters in line for being cocky, i think you can use your authority on almost everyone, but not on Sera.
Just because Bioware wrote her as a strong but lol so random xD character.
>>
>>385665241
Cool beans. It's cool if you give your arbitrary opinions and don't explain them beyond a skin deep level but it's not cool if I do. I'll ignore your shitposts, too.
>>
>>385665192
Why are you people so fucking retarded?

Why do I always have to talk to and treat you like retarded babies?

Fuck it, if you're this dumb then I won't bother. I've had to deal with enough manchildren for one day.
>>
>>385665586
Is it retarded to tell someone they're posting objectively and probably false information?
>>
>>385665209
Give me a single example of a side quest not related to any member of your party that is worth a shit
TW3 has that one where you have to bait a vampire that hunts drunk people, that huge quest with the serial killer that is a religous fanatic, that guy that keeps trying to duel you for his loved one. I can think of more, but i haven't played for a while
>>
>>385665373
>Cool beans. It's cool if you give your arbitrary opinions and don't explain them beyond a skin deep level but it's not cool if I do. I'll ignore your shitposts, too.

I have made 2 posts explaining what is wrong with DA:I here >>385663958 and >>385664940

You have made short low-effort shitposts like >>385664428 and >>385665118

Unless you put more effort into your posts I honestly won't give a shit. I don't care about lazy shitposters. If your idea of a "discussion" is to just shitpost and ask others to prove shit then you shouldn't even try and talk to other people.
>>
>>385665702
You can go to Novigrad and Skellige without doing baron's quest, Yennefer scolds you for not investigating but you can finish the game.
>>
>>385665702
I'm sorry for assuming people have actually played both games and would understand what I meant, hence why I didn't elaborate on either sidequest.

I'm sorry for assuming you had a brain, it won't happen again. Nor will I waste even another second of my time on your dumb ass.
>>
>>385665842
See you in an hour.
>>
>>385665976
You're really mad.
>>
>>385666038
Thanks for proving everything I said to be correct and conceding. I'm going to bed in 5mins so you have time for one more shitpost my demented close minded shitposter. Make it count.
>>
>>385666263
Only thing for you is to grow up one day.
>>
File: 1463945106664.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463945106664.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>none of the da fanboys can make a case for why their game isn't shit
>>
>>385661940
There was a crack less than a day after release using a workaround in Origin.
>>
>>385666335
Well that was certainly a good way to end the day. With laughter.
Pretty funny that you're so far up your own ass you can't see that you're the one that is living in his own bubble and in dire need to grow up.

Oh well, at least you left me in a good mood so thanks for that retard.
>>
>>385666415
They're almost as bad as Witcherfags about it, they should both stop the stupid autism war and leave the board in peace. It'd be one less problem.
>>
WItcher 3 and DAI characters are for different purposes though. You have about a dozen followers that are intended to be constant companions in DAI- nothing like that in W3.

You can't really compare the character writing between those games, they're supposed to have different purposes.
Also DAI is much more of a wish fulfillment RPG than a Witcher 3. The main character has to be a blank slate, compared to Geralt who is intended to have more of a strict moral code.
>>
>>385666569
I know you're really mad and that you're still replying even though you said you'd stop. There's no need to be so insecure.
>>
>>385661762
/v/ doesn't hate games just because they contain homosexuals. Plenty of games lauded and praised around here have homosexual characters. Bioware just wants you to think they are new and innovative
>>
>>385661762
The quests are pure shit, the areas are extremely shit and the gameplay is absolute shit
>>
>>385666643
>WItcher 3 and DAI characters are for different purposes though. You have about a dozen followers that are intended to be constant companions in DAI- nothing like that in W3.

so? they're poorly written as shit in dragon age inquisition. do you want us to compare it to baldurs gate 2 instead or something? they're shit, face it.

>Also DAI is much more of a wish fulfillment RPG than a Witcher 3. The main character has to be a blank slate, compared to Geralt who is intended to have more of a strict moral code.

too bad the roleplaying is weak as shit in da i.
>>
File: 'Tis.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
'Tis.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>385661762
Hell no. There are so many other things wrong with. The only reason why I despise that faggot is his loyalty quest is literally, and I do mean LITERALLY, is "My dad doesn't like that I take it in the ass." Aside from that, he ain't that bad. Iron Bull is the worst character I have ever seen, which is a shame too, cause I like Freddie Prinze Jr. He's a cool dude, but even he couldn't help that abysmal character.
>>
>>385666643
Then let's compare characters in DA:I with any other companion from any other Bioware game (that is not ME:A)
Seriously, they even managed to shit on the lore and ruin some good characters like Morrigans mom
>>
>>385666643
Even the charactes in the DA:O expansion were infinitely better. Why are you people so desperately defending such a bad game?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.