[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>speedrunning Nice. >speedrunning while using glitches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

>speedrunning
Nice.
>speedrunning while using glitches
Literally an irrelevant and meaningless waste of time.

Why do people pretend like second option is even interesting or worth paying attention to?
>HURR, I WILL NOW USE THIS BUG
>I AM VERY TALENT GAMEPLAYER
>>
>>385659627
Neck yourself.
>>
Playing through a game normally with no speed tricks is extremely fucking boring. If I wanted to watch that I'd play it myself.
>>
>thread about speed running
>>
>>385659627
>shitty opinion
>accompanied with frog image

Hmm...
>>
File: Angry 02.png (181KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
Angry 02.png
181KB, 872x632px
>>385659627
Deeming speedruning a game to be fine, but one that uses glitches to be a waste of time?

Explain yourself.
>>
The most popular categories are always the most entertaining to run or watch anyways, not the fastest. If it's just skipping straight to the credits, sure nobody will care.
>>
>>385659754
It's way more interesting to see someone who is good at playing a game than someone who just uses a quick glitch to manipulate the game into winning.

How the fuck is watching someone who is talented at something boring?
>>
>>385660137
>talented
>playing games fast
pick one shitposter
>>
File: 1370577194926.jpg (17KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1370577194926.jpg
17KB, 480x269px
>>385659627
>the only category is any%
Suck my dick.
>>
>>385660137
It takes more talent to pull off almost frame-perfect glitches over and over again than it does to beat a game quick.

Not that speedrunning takes much talent.
>>
I find it more annoying when it is like

"Ring finger up my ass %"

Or just stupid made up %s in general
>>
File: 1419084980007.webm (210KB, 408x378px) Image search: [Google]
1419084980007.webm
210KB, 408x378px
>>385661315
>glitchless
>uses a bunch of glitches
>just not all of the glitches
>>
That's only a problem with western shit where every run boils down to effortlessly clipping through walls and avoiding the entire game. Then again, avoiding western gameplay is not a bad thing at all.
>>
>>385659627
Epic frog thread
>>
>>385659953
nice pfp, but would've made more sense if it was Sae
>>
>>385659627
Speedrunning a game without glitches is literally just playing the game on fastforward with nothing actually interesting to see. Speedrunning WITH glitches has you do complex maneuvers to bypass segments in the game, which looks cool and is fun to watch.
>>
File: 1422337873536.jpg (92KB, 331x319px) Image search: [Google]
1422337873536.jpg
92KB, 331x319px
>>385659627
>frogposter thinking his opinion means anything at all
>>
>>385661485
>The "community" decided that a glitch doesn't count as a glitch
>>
>>385659627
whats your issue with it? you just stated that you think it's irrelevant and meaningless, without axplaining why
>>
>>385661914
Good routing can be interesting if the games allow for high level optimization, but that's very rare.
>>
>>385661914
That really depends on the game though. While OP is definitely a retard since many speedrunning glitches take tons of precision and muscle memory to pull off, there are some games that are so much more interesting to watch glitchless runs of, Super Mario 64 and Super Metroid probably being the top two.
>>
Depends on the glitches, take HL2 for example. DWAHMOV was fucking spectacular to watch, skilled segments from a bunch of great runners. HL2 done quick is just a snooze fest of basically no clip.
>>
>>385659627
Depends on the game. Sometimes it's more interesting seeing weird glitches in action.
>>
>like game
>watch speedrun
>using bugs left and right
>the playthrough has nothing to do with the reasons I like game in the first place
>>
Glitches are really the only interesting part, unless the game has interesting movement mechanics (ie glitches grandfathered in as mechanics)
>>
>>385660137
Sometimes those glitches are significantly harder than playing without them. Ocarina of time is a good example glitchless where glitchless is extremely boring to watch.
>>
>>385659627
stop posting the facebook frog
>>
>watching somebody else play video games
Literally an irrelevant and meaningless waste of time.

Why do people pretend like this is even interesting or worth paying attention to? It's like you're all gay little brothers.
>>
100% runs with glitches are the only good runs.
>>
>>385663229
I know right why the fuck do people watch others play sports when they could just go out and play themselves?
>>
>>385663892
Are you dumb?

Anyone can play video games.

Not anyone can play football.
>>
>>385663986
Anyone can play football you faggot as long as they have functional arms and , playing it on the same level as the pros is completely different and the same applies to video games
>>
>>385659627
speedrunning with glitches is harder
like, with wind waker
you could exploit several glitches to pass through the light wall on the way to gannon's lair, but, if you do that, then you skip the wind temple, and don't get the hookshot
so, in order to get up to the hallway at the top of the wooden rafters, you have to break the pots containing fairies, and zombie hover up to the hallway, and time it so that the fairy hits you, so that you can come back to life.
>>
The bugs are usually hard to exploit?
>>
>>385659627
Kill yourself, you stupid fucking frog poster
>>
Why does it always have to be all or nothing with you mongoloids? Some glitches are amazing and make games more fun to play and watch, some glitches are boring. Just because you don't like watching someone going out of bounds and hold W for a minute doesn't mean you can't appreciate some skillful, fluid bunny hopping.
>>
File: 1499394104215.jpg (77KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499394104215.jpg
77KB, 512x512px
>>385659627
Glitches can take a lot of skill to use properly, sometimes more than just the regular game.
>>
Tell me this video isn't wild as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHONQgmfuI8
>>
>>385659627
Honestly I think they are both equally autistic.
>>
>>385659627
>speed running toy story for SNES
>get the invincibility cheat on the first level
>start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select; start + select;
>finish time 1:12 world record
>hell yeah I'm so good
>>
>>385662057
A Quake speedrun without bunnyhopping, strafejumping, or rocket jumping would be pretty boring considering they were "bugs" that later became features.
>>
What's the difference between a bug, a glitch, and a mere unintended interaction among various mechanics?
>>
>>385659627
Glitchless speedruns will inevitably devolve into autistic pathplanning and boring muscle memory training just like any other speedrun. Might as well make it slightly more interesting to watch.
>>
>>385664927
I still can't believe binoboosting was the only fun thing about that fucking garbage. And I pre-ordered it too.
>>
>>385665356
Glitches are unintended behaviors of a game, and they may be caused by software bugs, or by corruptions from low quality hardware. Bugs are mistakes in the code of a game that affect the gaming experience (but developers might just call it a feature later on). Unintended interactions among mechanics are similar to software bugs, but the issue isn't caused by a bad programmer, rather, the issue is caused by a bad game designer.
>>
>>385665356
Glitch: If you jump in a spot against a wall while holding a crate you can cross the door
Bug: if you quicksave the game crashes
Unintended interaction: Fuck, the player wasn't supposed to use a speed buff on the fastest class
>>
File: 1290634307555.jpg (2KB, 124x121px) Image search: [Google]
1290634307555.jpg
2KB, 124x121px
>>385659627
>speedrun with no glitches
Hey retard if you want to watch full playthroughs done fast just go on youtube put it on 2x and shut the fuck up
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.