[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is DaSdefense force so ass ravaged about Dark Souls 3? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Why is DaSdefense force so ass ravaged about Dark Souls 3? Why do you claim that DaS is better when it's a fact that DaS3 has:

>better gameplay
It's the same gameplay loop as DaS, therefore it's at least as good, but with tighter, sharper and more accurate controls (which is kinda normal, DaS3 is 4 years older and runs on next gen platforms with the bloodborne engine), and little improvements like being able sprint and roll in every direction while being lock on an enemy. So it's the same but a bit better. And on top of that you add motherfucking weapon arts which add a whole new layers of depth to both the pve and pvp.
>better bosses
This is also pretty obvious, new engine, better animations, mechanically more interesting, of course they're gonna be better. They're just as good if not often better than even Bloodborne bosses.
>better individual level design
When you forget the WORLD design part where DaS shines early game, the levels themselves are overall way better in DaS3. Sure undead burg and ariamis are masterpieces, but undead settlement/archdragon peak/lothric's castle/cotd are just the peak of Miyazaki's talent, and the other are all either decent or great.
>better graphics/animations/enemy AI/netcode/dialogue writing
Again, it's logical, it's their fifth fucking game while DaS is the second. These things CANNOT be worse. The next game will be even better.
>Great pc port
They actually tried this time and you don't need a fucking fan made fix.

The only thing DaS does better is the open world design, but even that lasts only until the second bell, then all the other levels are straight lines. And the second bell is 1/3 of the game. So the only thing DaS does better is not even that good. Then why the fuck do you say DaS is objectively better, when DaS3 is the same but improved in every aspect?

Do you have any actual arguments against the game other than "It's bad because I don't like" or "It's bad because it's not how I wanted it to be"?
>>
Dark Souls is significantly more creative. The level design being better is debatable. I'm not really a fan of the vertical layering you find often in DaS3 (Disliked it on DaS as well with Blighttown). The gameplay is better in some ways, worse in others. While DaS3 does have good controls, and faster paced combat, I didn't really enjoy the encounters I had with basic enemies as much for one reason or another. I can't really tell you why though so this doesn't hold up on an objective level. The dialogue writing being inherently better is just foolish to think. I'm not saying its worse but just because they've made a couple more games since DaS doesn't mean they wrote it well this time around. I'd say they're about equal this time around.

I found myself far more engrossed in DaS's world and thats coming from a person who played DaS3 first. There are a ton of quality of life improvements 3 makes but my time spent with DaS1 felt special and dense. DaS3 just felt like a solid, harsh action RPG.

That being said, people preferring 3 over 1 makes complete sense to me.
>>
All wrong, except for the port.
>>
>>385658861
Anon, I asked for arguments, where are the arguments. How can it be all wrong, this are not opinions, they are facts. Notice how I didn't mention the soundtracks or the story? Because you can't say soundtracks are better in one game or another, we have different tastes in music, but you can say one game has better graphics than another, if it has better assets, better textures, better lighting, better effects, better physics, better LOD, then it's better, no matter how you look at it.

Every aspect I mentionned is better, simply because it's a new game, of course these things will be improved. You can't make WORSE graphics or animations or AI or bosses, even if you somehow prove they are not BETTER in DaS3, they'll still be at least good as DaS, so EQUAL.
>>
>>385659871
No, they're often worse.
>>
File: 1499740836368.png (156KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1499740836368.png
156KB, 958x660px
>>385657520
The only way to get enjoyment out of dark souls 3 is beating the game at a very low level, not upgrading your weapons, and invading people with boss weapons they can't possibly stand a chance against.

Dragonslayer sword spear works wonders against gank squads
>>
I don't think you're wrong, but the best thing about these games to me is the general worldbuilding(characters, world & level design, aesthetics) & the way that the "lore" is so interesting, but unobtrusive. I feel like 2 & 3 are steps up in mostly every department except those. I'll be honest, I don't give a shit about the gameplay, I mean it's not terrible & I have fun with it but it's relatively simple as far as "action" & "RPG" elements are concerned. If I really wanted better gameplay I'd go play a straight up action game like DMC or NG, or a more complex RPG like Deus Ex, Classic Fallout, or even Fallout NV.
>>
>DaS3 doesn't have Artorias
Even with the better gameplay, it just didn't have a chance ;_;
>>
>>385657520
>better gameplay
It's faster and more responsive, which makes it feel better, but like you said that's mostly the result of technology and experience. Design-wise, it's pretty baffling, and the balancing, spells, and weapon arts are all horrendous.
>better bosses
Agreed. I think there's less variety and less conceptually interesting bosses on the whole, but that's more the team recognizing and amplifying what works than it is creative drought so I don't mind.
>better level design
Most areas are visually boring and linear-with-side-paths as opposed to the circular, integrated designs that made DaS and BB fun to explore. The only interesting-looking area is Irithyll, and even that's just cribbed from BB and DaS.
>better graphics/animations/AI/netcode/writing
Graphics I'll give you. Animations and AI are pretty similar. Netcode is better but canceled out by the massive downgrade in how PVP, co-op, and covenants are designed. Writing is objectively worse.
>better port
Agreed.

tl;dr DaS3 does a lot of things better than DaS and is probably the game I would rather play, but that's mostly due to the programmers/tech and from an artistic merit standpoint it's the team's worst outing by far.
>>
>>385657520
explain why nameless king is so shit then?
>>
File: 1499460393312.jpg (39KB, 534x486px)
1499460393312.jpg
39KB, 534x486px
>>385661250
>>
File: NK.jpg (295KB, 1000x1307px)
NK.jpg
295KB, 1000x1307px
I'm replaying DaS3 and I forgot how fucking well made the game is. It's not better or worse then DaS1, as they're both enjoyed differently. DaS1 is amazing in world building, non-linear progression and all around originality. But it also suffers from horrible performance and some wonky design decisions. DaS3 is like DaS1 being cut into bite sized snack area's, where it's a lot more forgiving to experiment but still has a lot of depth to it. It's faster, feels amazing to play and is great for prolonged and short play sessions. I honestly can see why someone would favor one over the other, but for me; DaS3 really hits the right notes. It's just fun instead of being atrocious and fast instead of being 'hardcore'. Honestly
>muh secrets
were amazing to find in the first game. But there's no way it would be as awe-inspiring if they'd gone this route in the last game. I'm happy they've focused on general QoL improvements.
The mimics are fucking awful though.
>>
>>385657520
DaS3 vs DaS is proof that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I'll be the first to say that the combat and the bosses are better in DaS3, but the broody miserable atmosphere of DaS1 is unmatched, from the soundtrack to the graphic design. It also helps that the combat is generally slower in DaS, more tactical, fitting with the game's mood. The areas are a lot more inspired overall. You can get to many different weapon types at the beginning of the game so you can start off with different builds. And there's just something about the combination of graphics, sound effects and animations in DaS1 that makes it more enjoyable to play for me.

Despite that, I'd still say that DaS3 edges DaS out because DaS completely falls off after O&S, which subtracts a lot of points for me, especially in the replayability department, but not only. Alas, DaS3 has left me starving for a boss rush mode with how great its bosses are. If only all of that was in the second part of DaS instead of what we got.
>>
>>385661250
git
i
t

gud
u
d
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.