[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Guild Wars 2? What went terribly wrong at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 53

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Can we talk about Guild Wars 2?

What went terribly wrong at launch to make so many people from GW1 not even bother to pick it up?

Is it dead dead or is there a smaller active community like guild wars 1 had?
>>
File: filthy elves.jpg (108KB, 365x301px) Image search: [Google]
filthy elves.jpg
108KB, 365x301px
I will give you a free bump because you are discussing video games, and I will post an image that may generate discussion in your thread as well.
>>
>>385650367
New expansion is revealed tomorrow so it's far from dead.

>>385650502
There are no elves.
>>
>>385650629
>There are no elves.
The one thing gw2 has going for itself.
>>
>>385650367
>Is it dead dead
Are you serious? It's nowhere near dead.
>>
>>385650367
The combat ruined it for me. They did away with the trinity (tank, healer, damage) and replaced it with dog shit. Dungeons were some benny hill type shit with everyone spamming roll and getting 1 shotted and then rez'd repeatedly. On release I felt like I was playing some pre-alpha garbage. Also all of their effort after release went towards putting dress up barbie doll shit in the cash shop. And thats really all the game is good for, dress up RP. Its awful in every other aspect.
>>
File: Nononbi 6.jpg (109KB, 877x816px) Image search: [Google]
Nononbi 6.jpg
109KB, 877x816px
>>385650367
>Has 2 expansions and constant updates
>"Is it dead?"
>>
>>385650367
>What went terribly wrong at launch
I haven't played guild wars 1 or 2 but I was under the impression that GW1 fans were disappointed even before launch because arena net had already shown that GW2 would deviate greatly from its predecessor.
>>
I just bought gw2 yesterday, what am I in for bros
>>
>>385650367
nostalgia faggot
>HURR GW2 IS NOT THE SAME
>HURR CURRENT YEAR WOW IS NOT THE SAME
>HURR OLD RUNESCAPE IS NOT THE SAME
and so on, if you log in you can see that literally every map is full of people
>>
>>385651848
*new
>>
>>385651740
Fun lvling, gameplay and maps, shit story, great pvp and wvw, ok fractals and raids.
>>
>>385651740
Diversity.
>>
File: 1362067091557.gif (982KB, 477x360px) Image search: [Google]
1362067091557.gif
982KB, 477x360px
>>385651740
An absolutely

I N S A N E
N
S
A
N
E

amount of hot, steamy ERP going on EVERYWHERE you turn in the public all-chat that you can't mute and people constantly inviting you to their orgies.
>>
is the f2p model even worth trying out?
>>
File: tfw no gw.jpg (224KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no gw.jpg
224KB, 1600x1200px
>>385650367
>dead
Mate, GW2 hasn't dropped out of the top 5 most active MMOs since it launched 5 years ago. It's alive and healthy.

With that said, it's a fucking shit game and it's retroactively raping and ruining everything I love about the original Guild Wars (which is truly dead as fuck now, unfortunately.)
>>
>>385652169
>public all-chat that you can't mute
???
>>
>>385652169
man where the fuck do you go? In 5 years I've seen only 2 times people RP (not even ERP) in rata sum and divinity reach, while doing map completion.
>>385652071
nice meme anon. Other games don't have diversity shit right? At least it doesn't have niggers thay are important to the story (except that faggot norn)
>>
>>385652426
ERP EVERYWHERE dude. The only way to get away from it is to find a place where they aren't ERPing and chill. Like you gotta be out in the field. Towns are absolutely filled with them. Almost made me quit a few times.
>>
>>385652454
Not him but if you want constant cringeworthy RP just go to the Tarnished Coast server and sit in Divinity's Reach or Lion's Arch. Map chat will be filled with furry fucking and edgelord roleplaying.
>>
>>385652169
thats only on tarnished coast thought
>>
>>385652549
oh that's why, I'm on far shiverpeak since launch, and I've never seen that shit.
>>
>>385652513
You can literally choose to see or not map and all chat.

>>385652549
Sea of sorrows must be a /pol/ server then, because trump and russia memes are all they talk about.
>>
File: 1379229554957.jpg (101KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1379229554957.jpg
101KB, 717x960px
>>385652653
I'm just fucking with you dude. I've never played a Guild Wars game before.
>>
>>385652765
still true that tarnished coast is ful of ERP trash though
>>
>>385651848
But GW2 is literally not the same as GW. It's not even the same genre.
>>
Leveling in this game is boring as shit. People praise it because "you can complete this quest in multiple ways!" but really that's just "click this barrel" or "kill this npc". It has cool stuff like vistas you can jump up to and get a great view, and the way you get xp sounds satisfying, but ultimately like all mmos leveling is not interesting. Haven't gotten to dungeons yet though
>>
>hey people really enjoyed the class system in 1, being able to combine two professions creates opportunity for a lot of build variety and creativity!
removed
>Party composition has a decent balance of healer, support, tank, offense, nuker, hexer, etc...
Fuck it everyone can do everything (I know it's not that extreme but still)
>People really liked that is wasn't just another WoW wannabe
Fuck it let's copy their exact formula
>cash shops
>shitty boring pvp

I will never not be mad.
>>
>>385653196
Exploring has been a blast. I dislike the heart system but just running around to waypointts, POIs, vistas, and doing group world events that sound cool has managed to get me to 50 so far.
>>
>>385652871
Guess that's where I'm going then.
>>
Ah and in case anyone should happen to say "go to the gw2 general", let me remind you it has been constantly spammed with bots posting completely random, unrelated posts, and there's actually not a single human posting in it, and it's been like that for months, I think everyone in it just uses discord now, there's no thread up.
>>
>>385651118

THIS.
At least in WoW, there's a flow of sorts. Everyone knows what everyone else is doing and not doing right. In GW, it feels like I bash buttons, things happen, and sometimes I die (for some reason).

Now I will say this. The artwork is fucking GORGEOUS. Hell, even the loading screens are amazing. I rate its comfy level a 9/10 easy. It's a very relaxing game to play.

It's too bad about everything else though. It's like the gaming gods decreed "Oh, it's free to play? Well, we can't have it be THAT good.". Because it really could've been a WoW killer...or at the very least, make WoW free to play.
>>
>>385653778
Just checked the archive.
That's creepy.
>>
>>385650367
>gw1 was entirely about build customization
>hey guys all your main abilities are decided by weapon type
>>
>>385650367
Tieing unique skills to weapons instead of a shared (within reason) pool was the dumbest idea ever, bandaiding with that revamped talent system couldn't fix that

Also the movement feels crap
>>
>>385654075
some shitposter got kicked from both guilds and got mad
>>
What class is the most fun to play?
>>
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-fresh-start-the-new-player-experience-in-guild-wars-2/
>>
did they ever change your weapon giving you 5 attacks and that's all you'd ever get

that was my biggest gripe
>>
File: 054.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
054.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
Have a physical copy of the base game
I guess the expansion is a must if you want to enjoy the game atm
So w/e
>>
>>385653196
Honestly I find that is easy as shit to level and that's why I liked it so much. For my last 10 levels before I reached the cap I woke up at 3 am and just ran around getting waypoints and explored the map.

I will admit though that everything is suuuper slow though.
>>
>>385654380
They added elite specs which gave you access to a new weapon and new skills but that's about it. Still 5 weapon skills.
>>
>>385650367
They tried something new with combat and it simply just didnt work out. So now the game is just appearance collecting and roleplaying.

Really all there is to it. Kinda sad because GW1 had great combat and balance.
>>
I want to get back into it, but feel meh about it. Can't decide what to play. I never played GW1 but from what I've seen on the wiki and such, seems like GW1 was an amazing game that I'm bummed I didn't play.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg

Favorite profession/profession combo?
Favorite mission?
Favorite skill?
Favorite armor set?
tfw no gw1
>>
>>385654075
it deserves it, it was just a furry erp den.
>>
>>385655291
Was not, there was plenty of game discussion when I was in it.
>>
>>385655430
There was a lot of furfags and ratfuckers in there. I tried often to have meaningful discussion and got nothing. Didn't happen every time though
>>
What I hate the most is the auction house.
>you will never farm rare skins and sell them in big city trade chats again
>>
>>385654304

I personally enjoyed the Elementalist desu. I've always been a sucker for mages. Plus with the expansion you basically ARE The Avatar.

>>385654380
That's still the case as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>385650367
I dont know how people can keep playing it. At launch it was the most brain dead theme park mmo I've ever played with some of the shittiest combat design ever.

Also 80 levels at launch despite how stale the content was by level 20. Shitty story-telling too on top of that. Like shitty in a mind-numbingly autistic fanfic way. That sort of way where you read ten pages of 500 and come away finding absolutely no enjoyment and only disappointment in your choice to continue on.

So, its a fucking mystery to me that there are people playing this at all. Like a mystery that not even Scooby and the gang can figure out, with or without the Jin Roh armor.

It was just all-around a classic example of everything wrong with mmos while still being a shit game too.
>>
File: GW2Cucks btfo.png (522KB, 2543x2159px) Image search: [Google]
GW2Cucks btfo.png
522KB, 2543x2159px
>>385650367
here op
>>
File: 8e8.png (102KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
102KB, 600x730px
>>385655291
only half of it was. the "caturday" autist would spam pictures of his gay charr until image limit every saturday but aside from that it was mostly about the game

jesus christ, why did we have to get all the spiteful autists with way too much time and way too much ambition. why cant we just have our little general without being spammed to death
>>
>only redeeming factor for me was playing it with friends
>friend got bored of it soon
>no guild to play with and chat
kys me
>>
>>385650367
when I got all of my skills by lvl 45 and I was like halfway through the content I was beyond disappointing. The combat is so fucking boring when you only have 6 skills
>>
>>385650367
>Play it recently
>Realize what it is

How can anyone's taste in vidya be so garbage as to like this?
>>
>>385650367
>Constant updates
>Second expansion on it's way
>You never have difficulties finding people for Raids, WvW, Fractals, PvP
>Still fourth most engrossing NcSoft IP

Dead as fuck
>>
>>385655881
>>Realize what it is
So, what is it?
>>
>>385656043
an awful and boring game that only no-lifers that like to grind whatever shit they can would play
>>
>>385650367
It's still alive but the combat is so incredibly boring. MMOs are known for shit combat but GW2 takes the cake.
>>
File: asuran armor.jpg (50KB, 288x600px) Image search: [Google]
asuran armor.jpg
50KB, 288x600px
>>385655241
>Favorite profession/profession combo
W/A
>Favorite mission?
Unwaking Waters
>Favorite skill?
Earthshaker
>Favorite armor set?
Pic related
>tfw no gw1
Servers are still up, small community still playing, you're welcome to come back anytime. Only parts of the game that are pretty much unplayable now are JQ and AB, there are enough people for everything else.
>>
>>385656043
To me, a very shitty early-access feeling mmo with shallow combat design, with boring combat gameplay, a theme park world that doesn't feel real, and content thats as unengaging as humanly possible.
>>
Literally. My only exposure to this game was a book about a guy who had got roped into leading a party of weirdos who had to retrieve some claw thing from a ghost city.

Is the real game as crazy as the shit I read?
>>
>>385654380
I hate people like you
coming into a thread and asking
>did they change a core part of the combat, something that's not easy to do and really not worth the effort
like its suddenly mortal kombat or something
>>
The worst thing about guild wars 2 is the living story. The actual concept behind it is good, but the story they release each time is just one massive pile of dog shit. I've heard children tell better stories. I just can't pay attention to it, how have they made a story so fucking boring. It's incomprehensible.
>>
>>385655652
Welcome to MMOs

Every mmo general is like that on /v/

The only decent MMO gen is surprisingly tesog cause all the characters are fucking ugly anyways
>>
Someone help me choose my main profession.
>>
My biggest problem with GW2 is the same problem I have with every MMO. I'm super particular about how my character looks and most MMOs today have a "transmog" system but they all put restrictions on them, enough to prevent me from making my characters look how I want.
>>
>>385657314
i have one of each at level 80.
play what YOU think will be fun to level.
>>
Should I go necro or mesmer?
>>
>>385657692
mesmers are tanks at endgame, necros have a hard time finding a group but are great soloing

really though pick whichever you like, youll be able to do whatever and have fun doing it
>>
>>385657692
do you have access to HoT elites?
>>
>>385656616
That book is way better than anything in GW2, but yeah the GW universe is pretty crazy. It used to be crazy and awesome, now it's just crazy and shit.
>>
>>385650731
>>385652169
>>385652513
I play almost every day for months. I have heard nary a peep from such activities in town.

Is it DR? LA? Hoelbrak?
>>
>>385657989
Tarnished Coast server, it's the official unofficial RP server. DR and LA are filled with RP.
>>
>>385657795
Nope. Actually elementalist is the most fun for me but I have carpal tunnel syndrome and cant keep pressing 20 buttons every second.
>>
>>385658037
staff ele attuned to fire isnt that bad
do a roatation, hit water to heal if needed etc
>>
>>385658037
>no expansion classes
>carpal tunnel syndrome
you definitely want to play warrior or guardian then my friend.
>>
>>385650367
only thing about the game that isn't great is how squishy everyone is and now how easy and unrewarding world bosses/minibosses are. I think it would have been better with actual dps/tank/healer classes since now everyone is a mix and it doesn't work so well.
>>
>>385650367
Only tried free-tier till ~40 with a friend, and I'm pretty sure the biggest issue with the game is that it's not built for multiplayer

Things like not being able to trade locally, and a distinct lack of skills that have any kind of teamwork (though I was playing hunter, and him warrior), the poor differentiation between classes, the general lack of party quests (the item-collection ones I never could tell if it was party or solo gathering..)

The one that really struck me was that you have 2 crafts per character, and can't trade locally (well, you can mail items apparently if you're not on free-mode). So the only way to cover all your bases (without the global marketplace) is to just have more characters; because obviously, why would I want to pair up with a friend and trade gear?

And ofc the game was just generally dull. Leveling doesn't bring you much, with limited access to whatever skills you pick up, and primary skills all being set by your weapon once you're ~15. Quests are repetitive (but pretend not to be) and I think I spoke with other people more in monster hunter (with the DS's keyboard...) than I did in GW2. Ended up just platforming for views and finally tried PvP (and again, somehow zero communication), and dropped
>>
>>385650367
I never played GW1, but I got GW2 at launch because it looked interesting and I had extra cash.

In my opinion, the lack of roles was a terrible mistake. As a result 90% of players went Warrior/Guardian because they did the most damage and could never die. Boss fights felt like spamming until you randomly get downed and then spamming til you recover.

It's a shame the game has some really great idea. The jumping puzzles and general world design are fantastic. The classed COULD all be interesting, but they fall short. But I hate the combat.
>>
>>385654380
>get level 30
>have every ability
>spend the rest of the game with zero sense of progression beyond numbers getting higher
>>
>>385658484
Sounds like my experience almost to a T
>>
>>385658484
>The one that really struck me was that you have 2 crafts per character
oh, but that is fixed by spending real money!
fucking sickening it is.
>>
>>385654304
They all play the same
>>
revenant and masteries in HoT made it seem like they were soft implementing a trinity system to the game.... but ultimately did nothing for that.

getting rid of trinity sounded great, but ultimately failed. still hoping/wishing an expansion would implement some sorta real system forcing something resembling a trinity...

never bought HoTs, but occasionally come back to level a new class and fuck around. I'll wait for the new expansion announcement and maybe buy it since it'll most likely include HoTs.
>>
>>385659139
>getting rid of trinity sounded great, but ultimately failed.

The problem is they got rid of the trinity and replaced it with nothing. Not having a more specific role or "task" during combat makes things bland.
>>
>Guild Wars 2 rangers are one of the weakest class, dps wise
>Heart of Thorns came out, ranger received a shitty healing class that have nearly no dps
>>
File: Azj1TLO.jpg (97KB, 650x676px) Image search: [Google]
Azj1TLO.jpg
97KB, 650x676px
>>385658030
Oh. I went with /vg/'s choice in Fort Aspenwood.

>>385659352
Condition DPS ranger is one of the strongest things there is for PVE damage in this game.

I'm dumping the leaked elite specs.
>>
>>385659608
You can guest to Tarnished Coast
>>
File: 1UM66q2.jpg (88KB, 656x679px) Image search: [Google]
1UM66q2.jpg
88KB, 656x679px
>>385659608
>>
>>385650367
>What went terribly wrong at launch to make so many people from GW1 not even bother to pick it up?
It's too different from GW1 for me to not be disappointed going into it. The game itself is alright but not really my thing desu. I don't give a shit about the writing

I'm really just here to get a group together for some GW1
>>
File: cYozzYL.jpg (98KB, 655x678px) Image search: [Google]
cYozzYL.jpg
98KB, 655x678px
>>
I'm reading the HoT site about Specializations

I don't understand. If I level a Necromancer do I have to use Reaper skills to be useful?
>>
>>385650367

>boring as fuck combat
>stupid lore with shit-tier races
>WvWvW is meaningless and cramped
>little feeling of accomplishment while progressing
>>
File: Defender's_Zeal_(large).jpg (21KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Defender's_Zeal_(large).jpg
21KB, 248x248px
gw2 will NEVER be as good as gw1
>>
>>385659273

true. everyone pretty much builds to max DPS and that's about it.
>>
>Is it dead dead or is there a smaller active community like guild wars 1 had?
The game is so dead it doesn't even have a general up.
>>
>>385658228
I like to play daggers, but I need to keep rotating through every element to deal a significant amount of damage, at least by lvl 35 which was when I stopped playing.

>>385658269
I like guardian but he seems to be a little boring to play. I'd also like to make a charr guardian but since they cant wear boots it kinda turned me off very much,
>>
Does anyone want to make a new character on GW2 and play with me? I don't really enjoy the game but I don't have anything else to do. Maybe it will be fun if we could get a /v/ group of bros together to go around doing shit with.
>>
File: F9q5B1d.jpg (101KB, 661x680px) Image search: [Google]
F9q5B1d.jpg
101KB, 661x680px
>>385659840
In many cases yes, but not all cases. They were ridiculously overpowered and still are in comparison.

Reaper was meant to be an exclusively direct damage supplement so they can berserker.

Unfortunately that changed over the patches and became "condi dps even harder because that's the meta now."
>>
>>385650367
There's enough people playing it to make the company 13 million USD per quarter.
>>
>>385650731

Salad elves
>>
>>385650367
I think it had something to do with the plant people being in the spotlight for too long while the rest of the races didnt get their problems resolved.
>>
File: fCDjKhW.jpg (113KB, 651x669px) Image search: [Google]
fCDjKhW.jpg
113KB, 651x669px
>>
>>385660065
You would think with that much money they're making that they would release content that didn't last for 1-2 hours.
>>
File: owRAGVC.jpg (90KB, 656x672px) Image search: [Google]
owRAGVC.jpg
90KB, 656x672px
>>385660161
Technically the conten
>>
>>385660046
>Unfortunately that changed over the patches and became "condi dps even harder because that's the meta now."
which will make no sense once we go into next expac cause the necro elite spec looks to be fire damage based, didn't anet even say they wanted reaper to be power?
>>
>>385651740
If you don't like leveling just jump straight into the pvp mode which gives you max level everything with all skills (gear doesn't matter).

They actually have some kind of league system if you want to focus on that.
>>
File: RQCoPc7.jpg (97KB, 649x667px) Image search: [Google]
RQCoPc7.jpg
97KB, 649x667px
>>385660220
technically it doesn't*

it goes into other things. Like the next expansion. Which is where the majority of their effort has been going for the past year or two.
>>
>>385653898
Feels like this because you didn't bother to learn how it works.

The combat does feel sloppy, but that's simply because they didn't indicate well enough what's happening, but you can git gud and learn it all the same.

People that learn it and coordinate do 20x better than those that don't from constant buffs they're giving to each other.
>>
>>385659967
yea d/d is nice once you get the jist of ele. safe, easy play -for me- is staff, fire, CC/water and burn shit down. equip the "oh shit" elite that spawns pods to take aggro if you fuck up. i play it lazy when solo
>>
>>385650367
It's still doing well and it's better than XIV and WoW, that's for damn sure.

I used to hate it, but I've been enlightened and I see that it's actually much better than "traditional" MMOs.

Their only problem was initial poor balance and a lack of real content.
>>
>>385660320
>>385660220
>>385660142
never played this but what are these? some sort of talent tree?
>>
File: TpKVY3d.jpg (113KB, 657x662px) Image search: [Google]
TpKVY3d.jpg
113KB, 657x662px
>>385660251
Which is why I'm hoping by time they release the next balance update prepping for the new elites they'll amend that aspect. Hopefully keeping them more in line with the classic specializations. Maybe make those specializations naturally boost specific weapons or skills rather than having to trait into them? Just spitballing.

Also Guardian is going to have the fire based condi spec if anything...

Necro gets torch, and I'm guessing it's not going to be condition based but more support based.

>>385660464
These are specialization training. You dump hero points you earn through leveling and challenges to unlock skills and specialization traits.
>>
>>385660464
leaked new x-pack grind
>>
File: uRr2hG0.jpg (92KB, 655x672px) Image search: [Google]
uRr2hG0.jpg
92KB, 655x672px
>>
I loved the world. Especially the little secret spots like the strawberry garden. Not a game I stuck around for, but a blast to explore the first time around
>>
>>385650367
I don't know.

All I know is I played the shit out of the first GW but then played 50 minutes of the new GW2 (at launch) and just dropped it.

It felt as dull as playing warhammer online. Possibly even worse.
>>
File: X9fpxf8.jpg (20KB, 307x245px) Image search: [Google]
X9fpxf8.jpg
20KB, 307x245px
>>385660751
>>
>>385660463

i agree. i dont know what im supposed to do with my maxed out warrior or elementalist. I haven't played in a year or two, but dont have a clue of what to do that's meaningful.

if im missing something that the game isn't telling me about, i'd love to know.
>>
>>385660806
P.S: doing away with the tactical choice from the first game's ability loadout was dogshit
>>
>>385660751
i just hope that Kalla's voice isn't another old lady screaming very loudly in my ear every time i evoke her like Glint or Jalis
>>
>>385660751
>>385660843
>could've been based on Pyre
>instead some SJW literally who
>>
>>385660965
fractals, living stories and grind for skins.
WvW/PvP
mostly just grind mats for crafting/skins.
it IS now just a typical korean grinder.
>>
>>385655537
thats a mistake of this game is the UI auctioneering. It should be city to city based and only accessible via auctioneer.
As it is now people can just casually list/sell or play the market at whim and go collect funds. theres no real drive to constantly check the local markets. Any manipulation going on is generally caused by rich fucks with 10000+ gold
>>
Why does every single MMO feel the need to have the 'small cutsey meme' race?

Fuck asura. I hate those little rats.
>>
>>385661441
it makes girlfriends want to play with their boyfriends as well as boyfriends play with their boyfriends.
>>
>>385661201

yikes. crafting isnt my thing.

I'll have to check out the fractals.
>>
>>385661441
appeals to manlets with muh brain over brawn fantasies
>>
>>385661165

>Kalla Scorchrazor (1079 AE—1116 AE), grandcub of Pyre Fierceshot, led the rebellion against the Flame Legion and their domination of the other legions. Herself a member of the Blood Legion, she gathered allies from all three legions, and trained female soldiers in secret to become a formidable force. Her rebellion turned the tide in the final battle with the shaman caste on the Plains of Golghein. After the Flame Legion's surrender, Kalla fell victim to an ignoble act of treachery. The Imperator of the Flame Legion was so shamed by his defeat that, despite offering his surrender, he stabbed Kalla with a poisoned dagger. She died mouthing the words, "At least I die knowing my sisters are free". Her great sacrifice continues to inspire soldiers of all legions.

>She died mouthing the words, "At least I die knowing my sisters are free".

Cannot make that shit up
>>
File: gw2 earnings usd.png (37KB, 654x518px) Image search: [Google]
gw2 earnings usd.png
37KB, 654x518px
>>385650367
>Is it dead dead

No. Still one of the most active games in the West. It's not going anywhere
>>
>>385661441
>asura
>thief
>as small as possible
>roaming and ganking your ass as you try to catch up to the zerg
>using that cookie cutter condition build
pretty easy to deal with these fucks once you get used to it but it's still the embodiment of cancer
>>
>>385661441
It's actually for the min max pvp whores.

With all the effects going on, it's hard to see a character 1/8th the size of normal ones.
>>
File: stale swill.png (562KB, 533x528px) Image search: [Google]
stale swill.png
562KB, 533x528px
>>385661441
I blame all the pedo babyfaces that started coming with the makeover kits. You have to understand that the Asura were anything but 'cutsey meme' in their design philosophy. They were really the dorfs of the world. Well, I think of them more as dwemer.

The writers mishandled them as time went on. In their original form, they're one of the best fantasy races. Some of their writing is genuinely hilarious, and there wasn't a single Asura character I hated until fucking Taimi.
>>
>>385661669
>>385661165
It doesn't bother me that it's based on Kalla since I think the whole Flame Legion vs Blood/Ash/Iron Legion plot is pretty cool, but I agree Pyre is a WAY better candidate. IMO Pyre is one of the coolest characters in the GW universe, feels like a waste to not bring him back.
>>
>>385661669
>"At least I die knowing my sisters are free".
howtotellifyourcharacteristooidealised.jpg
>>
Is engineer fun? Can I use only the flamethrower?
I cant stand using that grenade setup, I feel like i'm mindless clicking for absolute no reason.
>>
>>385661763
What happened in early 2016 to give them that much revenue?
>>
>>385661967
Heart of Thorns had just launched
>>
>>385661647
as it is now, the devs have made small(er) areas with a type of controlled farming.
each new map has it's own fucking currency to grind, shit like that. ascended items have never been easier to get if you can stand the "go here,
grind x amount, talk to x merchant, get item you want."

to me the crafting in this game is weapons grade autism, time gated at that.
>>
>>385661948
No. Engineer MUST use Grenade and Bomb kit for OPTIMAL dps and if you aren't doing OPTIMAL dps you can't play any advanced content.

I should know, I play a fucking awful engineer build myself purely for fun.
>>
>>385661967
Still riding on the Heart of Thorns release cotail.
>>
File: sin.png (410KB, 341x624px) Image search: [Google]
sin.png
410KB, 341x624px
>>385655241
A/W
Unwaking Waters I think
Critical Eye
Assassin Deldrimor armor dyed white

tfw vanquisher titles aren't accountwide
>>
>>385655630
Yeah, I left after they tried to pull fractals. I know where that train was going and I didn't want to wait for it to ride off the cliff.
>>
File: NauGDHz.png (2MB, 1239x600px) Image search: [Google]
NauGDHz.png
2MB, 1239x600px
>>385656616
No, the actual storyline is boring and generic as shit, but the world its all in is still pretty cool. Its kind of amazing that they managed to pull off something like that really. Its like they get the good writers to write the world history, lore and all that and then have the shitty interns actually write the games narrative, the newest patch is actually the biggest offender.
>>
So, GW general or XIV general on /vg/... which one is worse?
>>
How does the Daredevil work? I was hyped when I saw there was a melee staff character with punching utility skills.
>>
>>385650367
Dead? Hardly as much as I dislike the game I think it's still doing pretty well.
As for me personally I disliked it because they took what I felt were the best parts of GW out of GW2. Removing the secondary profession option and linking the majority of skills to weapons killed the game for me, also the combat was mainly reduced to button mashing. I don't think I've ever seen a game's combat meta evolve like GW's did from Minion making factories to IWAY to Bunny Thumpers it was as if there was a constant battle between devs and players, every time the devs would nerf something a player or guild would find a new overpowered build to run I don't think I've seen anything quite as dynamic since.
>>
>>385662386
/gw2g/ is legit dead because of a single autist what do you think?
>>
>>385650629
>>385650841
>>385651209
>there's a bunch of people in the main and the starting zones, and a few specific zones are populated for a half hour every 8 hours for mega events!
>Who cares if every other zone in the game is completely empty!
>>
>>385662475
It's mostly built around dodging.
>>
>>385662307
>Its like they get the good writers to write the world history, lore and all that and then have the shitty interns actually write the games narrative, the newest patch is actually the biggest offender.

That's exactly what they did. Ree Soesbee; Jeff Grubb and Bobby Stein wrote the world history, lore / world building. And different writers did the dungeons, personal story and living story.
>>
>>385662605
>Who cares if every other zone in the game is completely empty!
You could go to Lornar's Pass right now, the most pointless zone in the game, and find a group of people to party up with. If you think the game is anywhere near dead you've never played it.
>>
>They got rid of the holy trinity which just makes the game a spam fest.
>Not to mention they decided it would be best to choose your skills for you depending on what weapon you're using.
>Very few weapon/armor skins. The original threw skins at you.
>No dual professions
>Bosses don't drop signature weapons
>Small stuff like every class and gender having a different emote
>PvP is garbage
>Muh lore
>No expansions planned
>Living Story
>Scarlet
>Trahearne
>Ruined the campaign with Personal Story that can be entirely skipped
>3/4 servers are dead. Server pop counts are incorrect.
>Gems
>HoM rewards were underwhelming
>Trahearne
>They only see Guild Wars 2 as their game. They could care less what the players want.
>It's not Guild Wars 1 HD
>Trahearne
>>
>>385662615
So tank dodging or dodge for passive damage buffs?
>>
>>385662543
>/gw2g/ is legit dead because of a single autist
elaborate pls
>>
>>385662914
furry drama. plz dont ask any more.
>>
>>385662814
>Very few weapon/armor skins
GW2 has literally 10x the cosmetic variety that GW1 has, but I agree with the rest.
>>
GW2 skill system - shit
combo fields - shit
dodge button - shit
movement - floaty shit
skill progression - shit
story - shit
gear system - shit
wvw - time zone based pointless shit
party play and cooperation - shit
dungeons - pure shit because of above
community interaction - nonexistent
>>
>>385662914
Someone created a spambot specifically for /gw2g/ that copies posts from other generals and spams them in /gw2g/ literally 24/7. Mods never did anything about it so everyone just left the general because it was genuinely unbearable, it was impossible to have any type of discussion. Per 500 posts, 475 of them would be spambot
>>
>>385662970
You can't mention something like that and don&t story time mate. /xivg/ is held hostage by the local autists, didn't know that one managed to break the GW one.
>>
GW2 basically tried to half ass an action system like TERA while keeping their shitty wow-clone engine.

In the end they just fell flat on their face.

Pretty much any other MMO has better combat mechanics than the identity crisis that is GW2. GW2 is a total mess that shat the bed.
>>
>>385652169
this literally never happens
and you'll never run into it anyway because servers don't matter apart from wvw
if you want to find RP you'd have to find a party for it
people just do it outside the game now anyway
>>
>>385663114
Now that is some dedicated shitposting.
>>
>>385663114
Why would someone do that?
Why would the moderation not do anything about this?
>>
>All races have basically the same abilities with all classes, minus irrelevant race skills that you'll hardly ever use.
>All races have their capital city and vaguely similar amounts of home territory.
>All races vaguely friendly with each other without any conflicts outside of small border shit that lasts a single quest.
>All races have the same stupid copypasta quests.

In GW1 non-humans could actually be exotic and have depth. In GW2 the only difference between races is window dressing for the faggoty MMO LARPers and ERPers.
>>
>>385662980
Except you have to pay real money for most of them
>>
>>385660142
Looks like they already ran out of ideas for Warrior Elite specs.
>>
>GW1
>There is no right or wrong, no black or white. Every character and group have their own reasons for their actions.
>Fighting alongside rurik, leaving behind your homeland in order to save your people.
>Leading what is left of the party through the shiverpeaks, without a leader and without guidance to make the final trek to Lion's Arch.
>Cross the sea towards the crystal desert, an ancient land that is now only a relic of the past.
>Winning Heroes' Ascent ( PvP ) to truly ascend and gain the favour of the gods
>Traveling to a land troubled by the plague, chasing a man that desperately tries to save his homeland.
>Travelling across a frozen sea and a dying forest uncovering the secrets of an ancient land.
>Crossing the desert fighting alongside an oppressed people.
>Lead the sunspears and order of whispers through the depths of the abyss
>Mhenlo, Cynn, Devona and the rest of the bunch were always at your side until the end.

>GW2
>you are awesome here fight this evil dragon lol
>>
>>385662763
You sure that's not just for the Zaishen quest?
>>
>>385663326
apparently they tried to ban but he would just reset his ip
>>
>>385663326
>Why would someone do that?
autism
>Why would the moderation not do anything about this?
apparently they tried but nothing worked
>>
>bad PvP
>crystal desert leads to Elona
>there's an elder dragon relayed to that area
>they do nothing with it

Unacceptable. They had a perfect setup for Elona content, and they piss on it in favor of temporary content.

They could even do Cantha by opening up the Dominion of winds and making playable Tengu as a race, when its hinted they might have info on other dragons.

I've never been as hyped as I was for a game and then dropped it as fast as GW2.
>>
File: Capture.png (96KB, 528x97px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
96KB, 528x97px
>>385663242
Freshly captured, seconds ago in game
>>
>>385650367
No we cant.
>>
>>385663642
Well they're doing that now, the next xpac is Elona/Crystal Desert/Kralkatorrik. If it's too late for you I don't blame you, I feel the same myself.
>>
>>385663332
>Norn have gone from lone Wandering Hunters to Vikangz to literally Big Humans.
>>
I think my biggest problems were

- Locking skills to weapons was shit. It meant you could have a weapon were 1 or more skills were crap and you couldn't do anything about it. It meant you had to balance your skills around the weapon rather than total freedom.

- Downed state ruins PvP. It means that your victory against an opponent can be all for naught if 2 other guys turn it. It means that if you have a 2vs1 fight its essentially impossible to win since they'll both just rescue each other. Where as in other MMOs 2vs1 is possible because you can actually kill people.

- Dynamic events were shit since they repeated every 20 minutes and so you quickly realised that there was no permanence in the world. In other words, even if you rescue the village, 20 minutes later the same village will be attacked by the same enemies. Traditional quests may be considered boring, but at least your brain knows you made a permanent difference to the world.
>>
>>385663642
Expac reveal on Aug1 is literally Elona. The last Living Story chapter had fucking LIVIA.
>>
>>385663332
Norn and sylvari should of stayed NPCs. they could of really cultivated a good sylvari story for the orr plotline.

No one plays norn or sylvari because they are what they are. They play them because they want to be not quite human but still human.
>>
>>385663326
4chan bans can be cleared in the blink of an eye. The mods honestly have no control over anything other than reporting CP to the feds. That's why they quit all the time.
>>
File: 1497221679015.gif (3MB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1497221679015.gif
3MB, 326x326px
>>385650367
>Is it dead dead

What is up with millennials' obsession with hyperbole? That everything must be the best ever or completely dead?
>>
>>385663114
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/subject/gw2g/results/thread/

Wow you weren't kidding. If everyone left why are threads still being made though?
>>
>>385663547

>Your actions in Guild Wars 1 matterso little that no one remembers you 200 years later, not even Ogden or Livia says anything about you q
>>
>>385650367
>Is it dead dead or is there a smaller active community

The game is probably the most active it has been since launch, and now with Exap2 it isn't going anywhere. Let's just hope management can keep the new SJWs hires from further shitting the game up.
>>
>>385662307
Is the dialog all Marvel quips?
>>
>>385663805
I wanted to play a Norn to be a Half-Giant Hunter who wanders the big open mountains.

Instead I got literally a tall human who gets bossed around by salad.
>>
The problems I had were:
-The gear stats are too generalized, the game revolves more around you getting the gear that you think looks the nicest more than it is getting the gear with the best stats, because there are 3984723948723 items with identical stats aimed at different roles
-Getting said loot is generally the result of grinding for tokens for hours on end. This game showed me why random loot drops are not the worst thing ever.
-The end game content is (or was when I played a few months ago) almost completely dependent on doing dungeons. The only things resembling raids are outdoor bosses that are downed via zerg, and everybody who hits the boss gets their own loot, which feels a little too generous.
-Guild missions are just tedious and gimmicky.
-The skill/spec system feels like it was half-assed
-Despite the aim of the game being to let people spec as they want, the dungeons felt designed for a more traditional party layout (tank, healer, dps)
-In pvp, the combination of massive zergs and culling made for a completely unenjoyable experience

And then there were the legendary weapons. Raise your hand if you made a legendary weapon. Children, look at the people with their hands raised and know what a NEET looks like.
>>
>>385650367
Any mounts yet so I don't have to spend 30 minutes running in WvWvW to get to the fight?
>>
>>385662814
The skills matter when you are playing against other players.

You don't get this feeling fighting brain dead AI.
>>
>>385660730
>grind
>implying hero challenges weren't the only worthwhile explorable content
>>
>>385663967

If you played "a few months ago" then you should know there are Raids in the game.
>>
What's the most fun class?
>>
>>385664124
>>385663967

My biggest issue is Warrior is boring, and instead of making half the weapons not boring, they just left the broken ones as not being Boring.

Berserker is pretty fun, but "Spellbreaker" sounds the most non-warrior thing ever, I swear if we do magic bullshit attacks in the next expansion I'll quit. Berserker already feels like "Angry Guardian"
>>
File: 1494941259870.png (539KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
1494941259870.png
539KB, 1280x920px
>Herta is now a magical construct
>M.O.X is sleeping under the Falls
>Ogden is still alive, being a stone dwarf and have little to do in the story
>Livia is still alive but her dialogue was modern SJW Marvel tier of retarded
>>
>>385650367
launch was fine, it was fun to explore the virtual theme park and the combat was okay. Then there was no new content for over a year. Then when there was finally an expansion it was fucking garbage and had no variety, no new race, no new dungeons and loads of new mindless grinds.
>>
>High level areas are dead with the exception of Orr
>Personal story ends around 30 and becomes a generic 'slay the big bad dragon' plot for 12 year olds to enjoy
>the personal story completely becomes that one Sylvari faggots story pretty much, you just kind of tag along and do his bitchwork
>Gear Treadmill with ascended gear
>Dungeons require the thinking capacity of a monkey to avoid red circles and spam all your cooldown buttons
>sPvP has one mode
>WvWvW is a retarded zergfest with no viable way to counter other than having a bigger zerg
>Crafting is worthless from a profit standpoint of view since EVERYONE can gather mats and sell them at the market's absolute lowest prices
>No way to save builds/gear templates like the first GW
>Respeccing costs money, didn't in GW1
>No GUILD vs GUILD in GUILD WARS 2
>Races are only for cosmetics since the racials cannot be used in sPvP and are terrible compared to the profession counterparts anyway
>If sub based, the game would have already gone free to pl

The only reason I haven't deleted this pile of shit from SSD long ago is to log in once a week and fap to my female thief.
>>
>>385664223
Paragon and Assassin.
This is the only correct answer.
>>
File: file.png (36KB, 771x50px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
36KB, 771x50px
>>385664301
>revive lazarus and kill him in the same instance
>the first thing he does when he comes back is start bantering with livia
I was pretty disappointed
>>
PROS:
-cool artstyle
-alt-friendly
-practically no gear grind for stats

CONS:
-Dynamic events/quests are a lie, gets boring almost instantly
-leveling is the same archaic shit as any other mmo just disguised with a meter opposed to 0/X quests
-end game is grinding out cosmetics (so no end game basically)
-combat gets stale very fast
-no holy trinity
-stupidly unbalanced pvp
-pvp only has conquest mode
-wvw is fun for exactly 1 hour then becomes shit once you realize all there is to do is zerg it up and faceroll your keyboard
-no team work required so feels like a single player game
-shit community
>>
>>385664275
the antimage fighter has been a staple RPG thing since like 2nd edition D&D.
>>
GW2 when announced
>no more kill 10 rat quests!
>personal story
>no more gear treadmill
>you'll have to take on all dem elder dragons!
>regular content updates
>big amazing world

GW2 at release
>Kill 10 rat quests only
>Personal story is awful and then handed off to some sylvari fag
>gear treadmill
>you only ever see one. All the others are just busy jerking off i guess
>content updates are temporary. No plans for Cantha or Elona expansion.
>>
>No endgame
>Gear Treadmill
>Worse story than TORtanic
>Story rips off Skyrim with its "KILL TEH EVUL DRAGUNZ!" shit
>The entire game has you killing the bad guys as a moralfaggot, without an option to join them
>No likeable NPCs anywhere
>Choices in personal story doesn't matter
>Technology level is retarded across the entire board, one race has borderline sci-fi technology vs generic medieval humans and steampunk cats
>Zero roleplaying elements, your character does all the talking for you automatically
>Shit writing
>destroyed servers based on clients' language in favor of a messy, incoherent piece of shit megaserver system that doesn't work
>Sylvari is a cookie cutter mary sue race
>No dedicated tank or healer
>Killed CoH
>Arenanet bans whoever they please
>Arenanet consists of dA tumblr SJW writers, jews, communists AND nazis somehow
>Published by NCSoft
>Is designed for and by weeaboos and children
>No mounts
>No GvG, NO FUCKING GvG. IN A GUILD WARS GAME

Easily the worst MMO ever
>>
>>385664687
It's always been a shit staple.

Either it's just a Fighter who is good at locking down a spellcaster or it goes into magic territory.

Magic territory defeats the entire point of the GW2 warrior because that's what a fucking Guardian is.

If Arenanet actually added new weapon types like say Javalins or the GREATAXE the Warrior would have more options.

Instead we get TWO FUCKING DAGGERS that we will never fucking use over the greatsword.
>>
Shitty, clunky, simplistic combat
WvWvW is doorwar zergfest
Community is full of brony faggots who are completely delusional
Downed mechanic in PvP
Spam-based combat
Skills based on weapons
Dodge button is buggy and boring
No tanks, just a clusterfuck of DPS classes
PvE is full of boring kill x quests
World not persistent due to overflow channels and instances
Themepark fast travel anywhere
One skill bar
Ugly, non-customizable, casual UI
No world PvP
No endgame progression
Terrible auction house
Lame story
Laughable voice acting
Runs like shit on modern rigs - No optimization
Cash shop advantages
abysmal visual nerfs on effects

/thread.
>>
File: 46467888_p0.jpg (188KB, 600x3500px) Image search: [Google]
46467888_p0.jpg
188KB, 600x3500px
>>385664728
>No plans for Cantha or Elona expansion.
>Elona
About that
https://youtu.be/vSNR-2BikpA
>>
Are rangers good? Do I need to play with a pet?
I used to play a barrage ranger in gw and was wondering if there's anything like it.
>>
>>385665138
>Are rangers good?
Other classes do your jobs better

>Do I need to play with a pet?
Yes, you don't get a choice and you will suffer penalties if you try otherwise.
>>
>>385664728
but your character literally says word for word in the most recent story patch 'looks like I'm headed to the crystal desert'
>>
>>385665138
you have no choice in the matter. if you play a ranger, you play with a pet.
longbow ranger is a barrager. they killed the ranger in gw2.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (37KB, 983x563px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
37KB, 983x563px
>>385664605
>Lazarus, instead of wanting to destroy the Dragons and be the cool last surviving Mursaat, was just Balthazar
>the real Lazarus just goes down like a bitch
>the Mursaat are now all extinct
>>
>>385665298
>Ranger
>Other classes do your jobs better
Ranger is top condi dps, Druid is the best healer in the game and mandatory in every fractal or raid.
>>
>>385665569
How good are Warriors, I quit in Vanilla after I found out you use literally nothing but Greatsword and Bow and everything else is worthless shit.

I see Berserker, and the torch shit doesn't feel very warrior like from my GW1 days where Warriors were physical dominators.
>>
File: file.png (189KB, 622x579px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
189KB, 622x579px
>>385665465
>bring """lazarus""" back at the start of season 3
>reveal it's actually balthazar
>we don't know what happened to the original lazuras
>don't know how he would respond to the elder dragons being alive
>don't know if we could possibly ally with him
>kill him immediately and completely eliminate the possibility for character growth or interest
>remove the entire mursaat race just like that
it's suffering all the way down

captcha: STOP DELS
>>
>>385665364

They killed every class in GW2. Necromancer used to have some of the most build options, and now it's pigeonholed into "emo faggot that turns enemy buffs into debuffs."
>>
>>385657134
>/tesog/

My n'wah. That general is comfy as fuck. Too bad I got bored of the game a month in.
>>
>>385665727
Wait.

Why the fuck is Balthazar evil?
>>
>>385665962

Even in the GW1 lore Balthazar was always a cunt. It's not that big a stretch.
>>
>>385665962
Because he wants to slay the dragons, but your character / crew found out that if you destroy all of them, the world go kapout
>>
>>385665858
i made a necro on release, leveled it to 80. haven't touched it since. all i wanted was to raise a minion army.
>gw2 necros don't use corpses.
>the minions it raises are faggits.
>>
>>385665962
we don't know
he shows up at the start of episode 5 after pretending to be lazarus (for some reason even though all of humanity would accept him immediately) then disappears. When you find him at the end of the episode he's trying to steal energy from a machine your deus ex machina made that's supposed to put the elder dragons back to sleep because 'they' 'dimmed his light'
we still don't know anything about why he's back
>>
>>385665962
cause they needed a new big bad after everyone got tired of dragons and instead of bringing back Abaddon they brought back Balthy
>>
>>385665727
>Anet said years ago that they had big things for Mursaats
>That was the big thing
>>
>>385666230
at least they got a pretty cool raid that also brought back fucking saul d'alessio
>>
>>385665721
Berserkers are fucking great and another mandatory class because they're literal buff machines with decent personal dps on top of boosting your party's dps like mad.

The triumvirate of pve classes is Chronomancer, Berserker and Druid, they're the classes with the least personal dps but the biggest effective dps or support, you fill the rest of the party with more dps focused classes.
>>
>>385666230

They were doing sow ell with living story 3. All they had to do was keep Lazarus as the main villain and it would have been perfect. Arenanet literally can't do anything right.
>>
Seeing what they did to Lazarus and the mursaat, i fear fo Palawa Joko to die in the first two minutes after meeting him, bringing his undeads with him in death
>>
Honestly /v/ is so autistic about this game it's amazing.

Babes take games less seriously. Mounts bout to hit though, confirmation tuesday~
>>
>>385666368
I wouldn't be surprised if we ally with Joko again against a common threat (another God).
It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>385665727
>tfw everything they did was totally understandable
>tfw White Mantle weren't even that bad
>tfw Ascalon would be in human hands right now if not for Adelbern being stubborn and the player characters being so gullible
>>
>>385659139

guild wars 1 got rid of the trinity almost 2 decades ago, everyone could just heal themselves if they didn't trust a monk
>>
>>385651740
literally dont need to buy it until max level retard
>>
>>385666186
>>385666173
>>385666135

I don't fucking get it. He's the Human God of fucking War, Why did he hide like a bitch pretending to be an Unseen one dude? Why is he being a sneaky cunt and not just blowing into town in fire and brimstone, slapping people with his dog headed cock and going YO FUCKS, WANNA SLAY DRAGONS?

>>385666312
>Berserker
>BUFF MACHINE

Fucking Mass mate, I don't play a Warrior to be a fairy giving out people stat-blowjobs, I play to smash cunts into the ground like my bro Balthazar.
>>
>>385666474
Guild Wars 1 had Front line, Mid line and Back line for PvE though.
>>
>>385660046

>conditions went from fucking useless to required for anything that is not general pve

fucking lmao I'm so happy those berserker fags farming for months their ascended gear got btfo
>>
>>385666484
Something about Balthazar losing his full power and he needs to regain it by slaying the shit out of an elder dragon for all it's magic.
>>
>>385666484
At the end of the episode he says that some entity "dimmed his light."
As far as we know he had to disguise himself because his powers were diminished, he couldn't do anything on his own.
>>
>>385666484
>He's the Human God of fucking War, Why did he hide like a bitch pretending to be an Unseen one dude? Why is he being a sneaky cunt and not just blowing into town in fire and brimstone, slapping people with his dog headed cock and going YO FUCKS, WANNA SLAY DRAGONS?

He's been de-powered for some unexplained reason. He was a fragile husk until he ate an entire bloodstone and then absorbed some of Primordus and Jormags' power.

That doesn't explain why he was in disguise though. He could have just walked into the human capital and instantly had an army of devout followers to help him. Arenanet probably just wanted an EPIC TWEEST even if it made no fucking sense.
>>
>>385666484
>He's the Human God of fucking War, Why did he hide like a bitch pretending to be an Unseen one dude?
Because he's not Kratos. He has his own intentions, he's not all UGH ME SMASH FACE INTO ROCK. His entire aggression comes from the simple fact he thinks humans are better than others and should conquer them. Of course, they're going to do a little bit of rewriting to change that racist stuff but oh well.
>>
>>385666474
Is this bait? It was pretty much mandatory to have at least two monks in every mission/dungeon past a certain point unless you were using some discordway bullshit, mainly because tanking was really hit and miss so npcs went for the players with the lowest armour rating in general
>>
File: gw040.jpg (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw040.jpg
684KB, 1920x1080px
>>385655241
>Ranger, Mesmer, Warrior
>Thunderhead Keep
>Marksman's Wager or Dwarven Battle Stance
>Ranger Deldrimor or Warrior Obsidian
>>
>Its been 6 years and GW1 players still cant get over GW2
Its time to move on.
>>
>>385666820
>Is this bait? It was pretty much mandatory to have at least two monks in every mission/dungeon past a certain point

maybe in hard mode lmao, otherwise you really sucked dick at that game dude

>discordway bullshit
>bullshit

holy fuck, fuck off to gw2 then you cuck
>>
>>385666820
Nothing was mandatory outside of a solo ritualist
>>
>>385666703
>>That doesn't explain why he was in disguise though. He could have just walked into the human capital and instantly had an army of devout followers to help him.

>Balthazar walks in DR
>"Hey guys, wanna smash furries?"
>One week later, centaurs and charrs does not exist anymore
>>
File: kek.jpg (62KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
62KB, 640x631px
>>385666939
time to trigger some gw1 autists!!!!!!!!
>>
>>385666484
Then play pvp, Berserker has crazy high bursts, you can remove 2/3 of a HP bar with a single arc divider.
>>
>>385665727
If that isn't shit writing I don't know.
>>
>>385666957
>he can't do HM or VQs without discordway
okay scrub, enjoy your cookie cutter build
>>
>>385666704
>>385666631
>>385666639
>>385666703

Balthazar is the God of War, Fire and BRAVERY.

Sneaking around is not his fucking modus operandi. How do you fuck up this badly.
>>
File: astri-sjursen-thiefredrawlr.jpg (614KB, 1920x2651px) Image search: [Google]
astri-sjursen-thiefredrawlr.jpg
614KB, 1920x2651px
Is the first GW2 xpac free or at least super cheap yet? I dropped the game when it launched because it looked like the most boring xpac ever.
>>
File: Livia_in_Arah[1].jpg (389KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Livia_in_Arah[1].jpg
389KB, 1440x900px
>>385665727

>livia

that better not be MY Livia
>>
>>385667103
if you wanted that you'd post either a charr or a salad
>>
>>385667118
>With a single Greatsword skill.

Can you actually ever escape using the Anime paddle?

I want my Axes to be useful.
>>
>>385666609
You can stat swap ascended gear, plus it's fucking easy to get if you run fractals regularly.
>>
>>385667103

Why do Abaddon's statues give him a human face but his real body looks like some giant bug?
>>
>>385667203
surprise surprise
>>
>>385667167
Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Don't talk about lore when you can't even fathom the fact that a god of war isn't a 1 dimensional fucktard who wants to smash everything.
>>
>>385667260
>You can stat swap ascended gear

now.

it wasn't always like that
>>
File: file.png (129KB, 190x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
129KB, 190x362px
>>385667203
sorry
>>
File: 1501072807538.jpg (106KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501072807538.jpg
106KB, 960x960px
>>385650367
I just bought this today on the advice of a couple anons that the PVP is good. PVP is pretty much all I care about
>>
So with the new expansion coming, will this be the first time the global map expands? The new maps would have to be below the current threshold down south, right?
>>
>>385667373
Holy shit anon
Just.......
>>
>>385667281
>>385667336

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

WHY IS SHE A WARRIOR NOW HOLYFUCK
>>
>>385667285
>Claim The God of War isn't justa god of War
>GW2 babby thinks being brave makes him one dimensional.

The fact that they made him a bad guy because he might be racist will be hilariously one sided when the Charr still fucking exist.
>>
File: 2016-11-13_23-59-41.png (315KB, 430x538px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-13_23-59-41.png
315KB, 430x538px
>>385667241
Nah that's too obvious. Seeing their precious lore being turned into backpieces and gliders however is suprememes
>>
How much am I missing out on with the free version?
>>
>>385662997
Pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>385667373
It's good but really brutal to new players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwoLAQItApc
>>
>>385667431
she's not a warrior. She was in shining blade uniform.

>>385667512
a lot. F2P is a heavily restricted trial.
>>
>>385667484
>being brave
>>385666484
>Why is he being a sneaky cunt and not just blowing into town in fire and brimstone, slapping people with his dog headed cock and going YO FUCKS, WANNA SLAY DRAGONS?

whoa so dimensional
>>
File: 1501146129289.png (75KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1501146129289.png
75KB, 251x251px
>he played gw2 but he hasn't played gw1 yet
>>
>>385667406
What does this mean? Is the PVP bad? It was only 30 bucks so no big
>>
>>385667274

because the statues are from when he was a human god
>>
>>385662997
>dungeons - removed form the game because Arenanet was too lazy to constantly fix them

Fixed.
>>
>>385667431
Disguised as shining blade.
>>
>>385667373
Made a good choice desu. They just finished banning a bunch of spergs that were ruining automated NA tournaments.
>>
>>385667594
PVP consists of you slamming your head onto the keyboard as fast as you can, fucking WoW macro mashing takes more skill
>>
>>385667512
Not much until you reach max level then you should consider getting the expansion if you want to get really invested into the game.
>>
>>385667726
That's how you get yourself melted but ok
>>
>>385667545
That's fine, if it wasn't I'd be worried
>>
>>385667561
>>385667638

how is livia alive if she is 270 years old
>>
>>385667821
staff of orr, obviously.
>>
>>385667821
Scepter of Orr
>>
>>385667570
That is how Balthazar works.

When humanity was downtrodden and battle-weary, Balthazar showed up, flaming sword aloft and told Humanity to carve themselves a world to rule.

He's the God of Fire, he's direct and courageous. Why would HE of ALL the gods be one who would work in the shadows and actively HURT those he takes under his power?
>>
>>385664636
>-no team work required so feels like a single player game
That's excellent desu.

>2005, roonscape
>"need black arm gang partner for shield of arrav"
>wait and hope to pick someone who at least has a vague notion of what they are doing
>>
File: 1497322880926.jpg (88KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
1497322880926.jpg
88KB, 493x637px
>Make a game around customising the perfect skillset for the situation with a heavy focus on PvP
>Make the follow-up game with fixed skills, with the only customisable skills being boring shit like "apply bleed for 3 seconds". Only focus on PvE.

Blunder of the century. The game only survives due to people already feeling invested in the game so they can't quit, not realising they are stuck in an endless cycle of shit.
>>
>>385667872

Balthazar doesn't give a shit about Tyria anymore. He was willing to blow the entire planet up just to absorb Primordus.
>>
>>385667919
Crime against humanity tbqh.
>>
>>385667872
>That is how Balthazar works.
lmao no
run along now go play the god of war remaster
>>
>>385667919
>not realising they are stuck in an endless cycle of shit.
Same as posting on /v/, sickening no?
>>
>>385667959
So he gives enough of a shit to fight his half brother, Chain Abbadon underground and fight his ass off for humanity, but when he loses a bit of his power he doesn't turn to humanity for aid or his fellow gods, but instead wants to blow Tyria up for no fucking reason?

>>385668063
>Tumblr user thinks he understand Balthazar.

I wouldn't expect a GW cuck to understand courage and determination, I bet it's because he's the literal White male god.
>>
>>385666609
There's still some use for zerker stats. WvW can make use of plenty of them.

It's just that after Seaweed Salad and similar food got nerfed Power fell out of style.

>>385667872
He probably learned a lot from his brother, and from the humans who worshipped him.
>>
File: u.png (86KB, 501x284px) Image search: [Google]
u.png
86KB, 501x284px
>>385668178
>>Tumblr user thinks he understand Balthazar.
>I wouldn't expect a GW cuck to understand courage and determination, I bet it's because he's the literal White male god.
>>
Why is it so hard to make friends now in MMOs compared to the 2000s?
>>
>>385667191
Its like $15 online and pretty decent senpai
>>
>>385668237
>B-But GW2 didn't rape another character for the sake of a cheap big bad to avoid fighting another dragon.

The fact that the Dragons are now literally the Old gods from WoW, this is pathetic writing.

I can't wait for all the shit about how racist and bad Balthazar was.
>>
>>385668290
single player MMOs with chat lobbies.
>>
>>385667872
What if it was just Menzies pretending to be Balthazar
>>
File: 1444826862215.jpg (12KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1444826862215.jpg
12KB, 248x250px
I'm going to try and do all of the GW1 campaigns. What class would you recommend? I was thinking Necromancer since I love debuffing.
>>
>>385667590
literally most of the dev team hasnt played GW1
>>
>>385668290
It's not hard at all, you've just stopped putting yourself out there and/or have higher expectations of 'friends'.
>>
>>385667191

when the next expac launches it will bundle the old one and the core game with it

it's dumb to buy it now
>>
>>385668435
That would actually calm my shit down.

But that would require it to be good writing. i'm expecting Kormir to kill Balthazar and be all WE WUZ GODS N SHIET.
>>
>>385668387
>Das a rasist god man
>We gonna need a strong independent black woman god to fight dis mang
>Yo KorOmir help us fight dis rasist god
>>
>>385668290

Because back the the MMO community actually liked playing MMOs. Now 90% of every MMO playerbase just wants to solo everything while using the game as a chat client.
>>
>>385668448
>I'm going to try and do all of the GW1 campaigns.
see you in 20 mins when you've uninstalled

>>385668387
>its been [0] days since anti-sjws have talked about sjws
>>
>>385668178
We don't know where the other gods are, the last trailer confirmed they left Tyria but we knew that already.
What we don't know is why Balthazaar is still around and how he lost his power.

https://youtu.be/z_VNG6N2evU
>>
File: tumblr_otawpgyMYg1vkcwgto1_500.jpg (23KB, 500x732px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otawpgyMYg1vkcwgto1_500.jpg
23KB, 500x732px
>Shitty MMO
>Best diminutive fictional race in anything ever

I want an asura wife so bad.
>>
File: Aku derp.png (225KB, 469x411px) Image search: [Google]
Aku derp.png
225KB, 469x411px
>>385668579
>Lazarus was actually Balthazar who was actually Menzies
>good writing
>>
>>385668586
Considering we're going to Elona, I am fully expecting it to turn into the KANGDOMS.

>>385668634
>It's been [0] days since SJW writers didn't fuck up GW lore.
>>
>>385668762
see >>385668634
gotta reset it again
>>
>gw1 had 3 expansions within 2 years
>countless new maps added

>gw1 had one empty expansion after two years

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>385668721
It's better than Balthazar suddenly turning into a sneaky jew-man.

Seriously, Why would Balthazar make such a complicated idea when most people ALREADY WANT TO KILL THE DRAGONS.

WHY HIDE BEHIND THAT.
>>
>>385668721
>turns out it was actually Lazarus after all of it
>the 'Lazarus' we killed was actually really Menzies
>Balthazar has no fucking idea what's going on anymore
>>
File: tumblr_osi0eb1ETo1vkcwgto3_500.png (59KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osi0eb1ETo1vkcwgto3_500.png
59KB, 500x277px
>>385668702
>>
>itt: THEY SHOULD DO THIS SHITTY THING
>yeah man! thats like totally hella cool man

just let it die hernandez
>>
>>385668885
>Balthazar was actually the Great Dwarf.
>>
>>385668448
you're not gonna do it lmao
>>
>>385668885
>balthazar starts to think everyone is either lazarus or menzies
>>
File: Obama.jpg (8KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
Obama.jpg
8KB, 243x200px
>>385668762
yfw Elona is in the enlightened space ages now because there was no white man to hold em down
>>
>>385668987
>Everyone IS either Lazarus or Menzies.
>>
>>385655861
Every class has 16 skills available to them at a time minimum, nearly all have more. And they're actually useful skills too.
Literally more than most mmos.
>>
>>385668869
Because people still give them money.
>>
>>385669057
>They managed to use the power of Melanin to hold back the Crystal corruption.

I'm actually 100% sure we're getting grade A Kormir wank next expansion on the level of salad wank.
>>
File: 1501450466030.png (161KB, 422x357px) Image search: [Google]
1501450466030.png
161KB, 422x357px
>>385669090
>your character is lyssa
>who turns out to be balthazar through illusions
>>
Why is Braham, a Norn, a nigger?
>>
>>385651118
>Benny Hill

Lel.
>>
>>385669178
>Who is actually the Dragon that hatched from the egg Glint had.
>>
>>385669184
mama wanted that superior black dick
>>
File: laughing spic.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
laughing spic.png
1MB, 800x800px
>>385668953
kek you've been raging into the void for the entire duration of this thread
>>
>>385668874
He wanted to control the white mantle, but the mursaat loving fanatic branch of the WM was killed in raids and the one controlled Caudecus doesn't give a shit about dead gods.
>>
File: 1499547296854.png (194KB, 304x267px) Image search: [Google]
1499547296854.png
194KB, 304x267px
>>385669264
>the dragon from the egg is gleam reborn
>>
>>385650367
The game was just boring as fuck.

Came back a year or two later and played a salad elf to max level, personal story quest was absolutely shite and overly bugged, with some of the quests even being in the wrong order.
>>
>>385669169
Kormir was hamfisted as fuck to begin with not as bad as Traherne but still high levels of bullshit, with the GW2 writing team I can only imagine things getting worse
>>
>>385669264
>>385669178
>>385669090
>>385668987
>>385668885
>nu/v/ humor
>>
>>385669346
>Abaddon knew about this because he was the God of secrets
>so they had to silence him
>>
>>385669356
at least you got all the quests. The first time I beat the personal story the final chapter was missing about half the content and you'd schizophrenically jump from location to location and characters would be pissed at you for events that never happened
>>
>>385669367
>You kill Balthazar at the end of the first raid
>Kormir steals his power and writes you out of the history books
>>
File: 1498962736310.gif (92KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
1498962736310.gif
92KB, 190x190px
>>385669446
>he possessed kormir
>>
>>385651118

I been playing this for a very long time... and totally agree... got over 350 hours... and i stopped playing it because there is no class roles. The devs were wrong about cutting out class roles.
>>
>>385669605
>The devs were wrong about cutting out class roles.
which is why they put them back in
>>
>Buy GW2 at launch
>Play it for like a year, most of the world explored at like 99% before I even got around to starting teh story
>Other games and work kept me from playing
>See the thread
>Oh neat let me pop my GW2 disc in
>Oh your password is wrong
>No biggie let me restore
>Okay what's your email
>Okay now what's your CD key
>Okay now what's your character's name
>I don't remember
>Google what to do next
>Oh you can put in a support ticket with customer service and you can just give them your payment info instead
>I Gotta give some nigger in india my payment into in spite of having my email and CD key present because I can't remember the name of a character I'm going to delete the second I go in

Nah, fuck this shit, broke the disc, tossed it in the trash, never again buying arenanet garbage.
>>
>>385669057

Elona got fucked by a crystal dragon and a mummy lord. They ain't kangz no mo'
>>
to:385669709
imagine being this autistic
>>
>>385669709

epic blog my dude but if you can't remember your own shit it's your fault lol
>>
>>385669806
>lol
Oh shit, how'd I end up on reddit, better switch back to 4chan.
>>
>>385669806
>Remembering the name of a five year old character in a random mmo.

Holy shit you're autistic.

>>385669709
Sorry, accidentally deleted the >>, see >>385669771
>>
File: what.h1.jpg (11KB, 368x300px) Image search: [Google]
what.h1.jpg
11KB, 368x300px
>>385669771
>He's autistic for throwing out a thing that he didn't use for five years and has no more use for.
>>
Ill come back if they admit they needed trinity roles and add them back in.
>>
File: ostrich foot tribe.jpg (95KB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
ostrich foot tribe.jpg
95KB, 450x243px
>>385668702

there is hope for you
>>
>>385670628
They wouldn't admit it though. If anything, they would advertise it as if it was a new feature.
>>
You want a legendary weapon skin? I hope you like farming mats to throw into a giant washing machine for a random chance at getting some of the things you need to craft one, about 10 million times.
>>
>>385669771
>to:385669709
>imagine being this autistic

>Uses his own response formatting.
>Calling others autistic.

You don't have to imagine m8, you're living the autism.
>>
>>385669885

subscribed!

>>385670302

>Holy shit you're autistic.

that's all you can say you fucking faggot? surely because your memory is so trash you can't even remember a character you named in the span of 5 years and have the audacity to call gw2 a "random" mmo when it's the third biggest on the market after world of cuckcraft and final faggottry 14
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.