[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install 200+ mods that improve gameplay >still get bored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Map_of_skyrim_bintoenglish.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_skyrim_bintoenglish.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>install 200+ mods that improve gameplay
>still get bored

This game is sacrilege to good games
>>
>>385647425
I spent an entire painful day modding this and only got about three days of play before I got incredibly bored. It's just endless gofer quests and the stuff like owning a house or "adoption" is just tacked on and adds nothing besides a desire to gather useless clutter. Dragons are absurdly easy fights, don't think I've reloaded a single one.
>>
you don't play Skyrim. you experience it.
>>
>>385647712
I feel as though I don't have enough imagination to find joy in an open world area
shit sucks
>>
I found it mostly fun for the first 100 hours, what more can you ask of an average game? Some only have 20-40 hours of gameplay for the same price. Exploring and finding new shouts, stealth take downs, getting new spells, doing quests that leave you a paper trail of what happened, were all fun to me.
>>
I have fun with the game still
>>
>>385647998
HOW
>>
>>385647998
yeah, I probably load it up once a month still.
>>
>>385647874
Nah, I enjoy open-world games. Skyrim is designed and scripted, I'm not sure I'd call it open-world. It's certainly not a sandbox.

I like games like 7 Days to Die, where I make my own objectives. Why would I care about a bunch of ice niggers arguing about who will be kind of the ice niggers?
>>
>>385648273
*King of the Ice-Niggers
there we go
>>
>>385648085
Set some constraints on myself, do some role play, try out new quest mods from time to time. Add some mods that remove a lot of the arbitrary stuff and allow me to tell quest NPCs to fuck off, etc.
>>
>>385647425
Yes they should follow the path of a proper RPG studio like BIS or Troika and go out of business.
Fuck off gramps.
>>
File: 1468640857219.jpg (28KB, 305x249px) Image search: [Google]
1468640857219.jpg
28KB, 305x249px
What're some mods that're popular on the nexus but are actually putrid shit?

I need an evasion list
>>
unironically my favorite game of all time and it has infinite quests
>>
>>385649424
Go to TES General on /vg/
>>
The first trip up to the Throat of the World is where the game stops being good. The entire trip there from Whiterun is wonderfully designed. Assuming you took the road east out of town, you've got
-a bandit outpost
-beautiful forest scenery as you come down the path alongside the waterfall
-a sidequest to help a Nord take back his ancestral tomb from a necromancer
-a village that's being haunted by a "ghost"
-long ass trip up a mountain with a miniboss battle against your first troll
-learn your destiny as the Dragonborn

Then the fun just stops
IT STOPS
>>
>>385647425
>turn up difficulty for more fun
>you die faster, everything else has the HP of an iron pillar
>pillowfighting commences

fucking the absolute worst about ES games is the pillowfighting
>>
File: 20170704210305_1.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170704210305_1.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>Skyrim
>gameplay
There's no gameplay. It's shit. Mod it to get a comfy Skyrim, it's a great walking simulator when gameplay is ignored.
>>
>>385651156
I can agree with this, handcrafted encounters like the ice troll or the Companions giant fight quickly sizzle out after that point. I guess you can chalk it up to fast travel and the fact that most locations can be eventually approached from any direction once you fill the map up.
>>
You guys bitch about railroading quests and not enough free roaming, yet you could easily mod to change that with new more interesting quests.
>>
>>385647998
STOP HAVING FUN
>>
>>385648085
Todd gives him handjobs
>>
>>385653068
i enjoy it's gameplay more than Use Your Witcher Sense 3.
>>
>>385655331

you computer cant even run witcher 3 you lying bitch worm
>>
>>385653068
This desu.
Even better if you're an RP fag.
>>
>>385655331
How's Witcher 3 ? I installed it and modded it yet I never played it. Is it comfy ?
>>
>install mods
>everytime i get near the southern part of the map i hear bears and wolves fucking
fuck me
>>
>tfw I still come back to Skyrim every three or four months specifically to do a Paladin build
Don't know why and I can't really explain it. Why can't I find a game that really captures that Paladin-y feel properly? It's sad as hell that Skyrim - even though it takes an awful lot of modding to get it to this point - is the best game I can find for being a Paladin.
>>
>>385657187
it's gameplay is generic garbage
>>
>>385658209
What about the rest ? People tend to say that the story is good
>>
Just playing through it so I can say I completed it. Looking much more forward to playing Fallout New Vegas and Morrowind for the first time.
>>
>>385658415
The story and characters are top tier m8
>>
File: 1460499976073.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460499976073.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>385657670
Have you tried Souls games ?

>>385658952
I'll try it out someday if I ever find the motivation. Fuck me I need motivation even for vidya now
>>
>>385659084
is that a killmove mod?
>>
>>385659470
I have no idea, webm isn't mine. Though I never saw that killmove in my game
>>
>>385647425
Get Frostfall, Camping, and Realistic Needs & Diseases. Tweak all the settings to be as hardcore as possible and it becomes a half-decent wilderness survival game.
>>
>>385658794
>morrowind

Morrowind is the worst game in the series, I don't know why /v/ likes it.

The world is boring as hell, its literally all gray with some small shitty town in between, and your walking speed doesn't help.

The game is a fucking chore to play.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.