[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you play fighting games, /v/? They are really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 18

Why don't you play fighting games, /v/? They are really fun: simple and complicated in all the right ways. Basic videogame 1v1 fun, room to work on yourself and improve, and the results pay off awesomely. What do you play, anon?

I mean, all things considered this isn't a bad time for them. Granted, there's no current Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur. But there's a lot of good shit:

>King of Fighters is alive!
>Guilty Gear is undeniably awesome
>Tekken delivered a really good game, with a lot of characters from the get-go and more coming such as fun party-game modes, guest characters and classic characters.
>SFV had a very rough start, but has recoverd kind of content wise, and will keep on growing into the SF of a generation.
>Mortal Kombat has being doing undeniably great since going back to 2D. MK9 and MKX are great games to the series, maybe even the best. They also set the standard for giving lots of content and story mode.
>There's also Injustice 2 and upcoming Marvel vs DC game coming if you're into capeshit.
>Creators of guilty gear working on a DBZ game, finally a DBZ fighting game that is an actual serious fighting game AND more true to the source material than ever.
>DOA is pretty much letting you play their game for FREE if you don't care about having a shit-ton of characters and content, if you just want to have a quick fight with hot chicks.
>SCVI exist!
>Killer Instinct is F2P and have a great netcode
>BBCTB is curazy anime fighting crossover with P4:A, UNIST, BB and RWBY in the same game

So, /v/, since it's undeniable that fighting games are the paradigmatic, purest video game genre garanteed to deliver fun for you and your friend/rival or just you, you should at least find 2 games out of all these that's for you.

So what fighting game are you into and why, anon?
>>
Because I'm not black.
>>
Because you need to buy peripherals that are useless for any other game and spend 1000+ hours into being mediocre
>>
too much effort for little pay off
>>
>>385646674
Injustice is boring
SF5 is shit
I'm not into anime fighter
MvC:I is a shitshow until it's release
>>
Too reliant on reflexes, which are a genetic trait you can't really change
>>
>>385646796
You don't need to buy an arcade stick to have fun with and be good at fighting games
>>
Because playing a fighting game with a 360 controller sounds like cancer
>>
>>385646674
>the paradigmatic, purest video game genre
that would be old shooters like quake that are extremely simple to pick up and play but have a high sill ceiling. to get even remotely into fighting games you need to learn all the convoluted input shit.
>>
>>385646674
Bought tekken, it's the first fighting gane I've really put any time into. Lots of fun, youtube videos have helped me a lot. Still a 3rd dan shitter because I haven't put in the needed time into practice mode learning matchups and practicing better combos, but I am playing every day and enjoying myself.
>>
File: 1496791613120.png (498KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
1496791613120.png
498KB, 512x724px
No one to play locally, online friends barely touch fighting games and I don't like bothering people with delay when my internet is being crap.
I really like fighting games but that's pretty much it, doesn't help that I am quite terrible at them but being bad doesn't bother me, I want to get gud someday.
>>
File: internet speed.png (58KB, 872x79px) Image search: [Google]
internet speed.png
58KB, 872x79px
>>385646674
>no local community for 100 miles and I am not capable of driving
>pic related
I wonder.
>>
>>385647073
A mouse is an analog input device. More convoluted to use.
>>
fighting games only fun when ur playing with a friend and both of you just spam buttons randomly
>>
File: sad future gootecks.jpg (64KB, 465x483px) Image search: [Google]
sad future gootecks.jpg
64KB, 465x483px
>>385646796
i fell on the arcade stick meme

not, sticks are not better than pads, punk and smug use pad, a lot of top tier fighting players uses pad.
>>
what fighting games i can play with keyboard?
>>
>>385647754
The Touhou ones, though of those I'm only a fan of the first three.
>>
>>385646674
Anyone who is playing fighting games would not be shit posting here. Maybe instead of making this shit thread everyday just go back to play fighting games. Every minute you waste here could be used to git gud.
>>
>>385647340
>point and shoot is a convoluted control scheme
>>
>>385646674

I'm not mexican or japanese to automatically likes and play some fighting games as the only video game genre, i don't even play to much fps games now.
>>
>>385646773
Most fg players are Asians.
>>
File: 1500558543226.png (384KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1500558543226.png
384KB, 599x337px
>>385646674
but i do play fighting games
>>
File: 1450752502172.jpg (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450752502172.jpg
615KB, 1920x1080px
>>385646674
I only fap at them
>>
File: 1482067880826.png (172KB, 318x441px) Image search: [Google]
1482067880826.png
172KB, 318x441px
>>385646674

fighting games are super hard to follow if

>you're not a burger/yuropoor
>you don't have a scene near you/regular friends to play with
>you don't own a console

having said that, I bought a stick for fighting games but gave up and decided to use it for shmups instead
>>
>Almost entirely multiplayer focused (who cares)
>It is not fun reading a combo menu and trying to pull them off, then doing the same shit for the other characters until you find one that is enjoyable
>Most fighting games I've played have fuck all tutorials
>It isn't very satisfying when I win a match
>$60+DLC for 5 hours of a "campaign" and then endless repetitive online matches

I don't really "get" fighting games to be honest. Tekken 7 was fun to play but I can't see myself sticking with it enough to be compotent in online MP
>>
>>385647754
all the ones on PC
>>
because it never felt like there was a lot of value for money in them
>pay £40 queen bucks
>play game with no tangible story mode to speak of
>play against AI in exhibition matches
>get bored
>try online multiplayer
>get matched either with people who are either brain dead or people who can juggle you until you die
>turn game off
>find a chair and some rope
>>
>>385648095
I'm not asian
>>
desu the only fun fighting game is ufc2
>>
I do.
>>
>>385646921
https://kayin.moe/?p=2047
quit perpetuating bullshit you dumb faggot
>>
File: 1493863114991.png (814KB, 595x597px) Image search: [Google]
1493863114991.png
814KB, 595x597px
>>385649408
ufc 2 is shit.

but unronically i prefer ufc games on evo than smash.
>>
>>385646674
>They are really fun
No, they aren't. Running at a brick wall for hours on end for potentially hundreds of hours to finally get good enough to actually beat people is not my idea of fun. Learning all the combos and how they link together is also a nightmare let alone executing them.
>>
>>385647062
Using a 360 controller is cancer. Seriously, it's a fucking meme. The only reason it caught on in 7th gen was because the Dualshock 3 was equally bad, but for different reasons
>>
I play them but I don't have the dedication to get good. That's why I never bothered with a fighting stick.
>>
>>385646674
do you have kofxiv on ps4?
>>
>itt /v/ proves just how casual they are
Damn 14 year olds expecting instant gratification like they are playing overwatch or something. You have to earn your win
>>
>>385649074
Tekken 7 is the only fighting game that has over 100+ moves for every single character. You don't need to learn how to do combos to start with a fighting game because you won't be able to land them anyway.
>>
File: fightangames.png (75KB, 1087x1370px) Image search: [Google]
fightangames.png
75KB, 1087x1370px
post 'em boys
>>
File: 1468553307169.webm (3MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468553307169.webm
3MB, 533x300px
Practicing
My hands are dying
>>
>>385650081
You have to play with people who are on the same skill level as you and work together to get better. It's not all about winning. Winning isn't the only fun part. The continuous road to self improvement IS the fun part. You also don't have to learn "all the combos" or any combos when you first start. You have to learn when those combos are useful and when you can land them, or you can play a game that's less reliant on Combos like Street Fighter 5 as opposed to Guilty Gear or Skullgirls.
>>
>>385646674
I can't read or do the complicated inputs
>>
File: hitbox.png (112KB, 672x378px) Image search: [Google]
hitbox.png
112KB, 672x378px
>>385646674
Taking a break from them until my hitbox arrives next week pretty excited
>>
>>385650937
It's just a quarter circle.
>>
>>385650937
>I can't do 3 directions + a button
hang yourself
>>
File: Untitled.png (83KB, 1087x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
83KB, 1087x1370px
>>385650825
I don't have to spend them all right?
>>
>>385651159
You want a single player fighting game? Isn't that a beat em up?
>>
File: 1499219563206.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1499219563206.gif
2MB, 228x170px
>tfw only have old versions of various fighting game series on Steam because I'm a poorfag who can only afford them when they go on sale for cheap
>everyone wants to play matches only on the newest versions
>When I can afford the latest version everyone is playing a new version will be out and everyone will switch to that.

I don't know how you can stand to stay on this consumer treadmill. For all the shitting on SFV at least they're sticking to one game that everyone can play on regardless if they bought the latest season pass or whatever.
>>
>>385651216
That's the joke.
>>
>>385650929
>The continuous road to self improvement IS the fun part.
Not to me. I'm fine with losing a couple times here and there, but if dozens of hours are spent doing it to get better it's not fun, it's just a waste of time.
>>
File: 1485285934469.jpg (42KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1485285934469.jpg
42KB, 500x280px
>>385646674
>and the results pay off awesomely.
Why would I spend hours upon hours grinding combos when I could learn how to actually fight?
>>
>>385650929
>The continuous road to self-improvement IS the fun part
Maybe for you anon, I've never enjoyed the climb to competency in any game I've played except for Unreal Tournament (which had a fantastically smooth difficulty curve and a low floor). How do I unlock the "its fun practicing against the AI for a dozen hours so I can not get molested in multiplayer" mindset?

>>385651159
B-b-but why wouldn't you spend them all?
>>
>>385651159
wew
>>
>>385651353
That's not the correct way to think about it. You shouldn't ONLY be able to have fun by winning. You're like a pigeon inside of a skinner box. You need to peck the little dot that says "Peck" and be rewarded with food to keep wanting to playing instead of working for it.
>>
>>385646674
Why do people still save samples? What's wrong with you?
>>
>>385651494
Real fighting requires physical strength and hurts.
>>
File: take it.png (73KB, 1087x1370px) Image search: [Google]
take it.png
73KB, 1087x1370px
>>385650825
>>
File: Untitled2.png (83KB, 1087x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
83KB, 1087x1370px
>>385651513
Because it doesn't need those other features.
>>
>>385651580
>You need to peck the little dot that says "Peck" and be rewarded with food to keep wanting to playing instead of working for it.
Except "working for it" revolves around me getting juggled for a quarter of my health in a corner for hours never getting a hit in. This might get your rocks off but it's absolute shit for me and the learning curve is enormous.
>>
>>385651513
>I've never enjoyed the climb to competency in any game I've played except for Unreal Tournament
That's because you played it when you were a kid. I doubt that if you picked that game up and played now after having it be played competitively for so long that you would be as good as you think you are.
>How do I unlock the "its fun practicing against the AI for a dozen hours so I can not get molested in multiplayer" mindset?
You don't play against AI, because it gives you bad habits that don't work in real matches. You play against real people, like your friends or people on the same skill level as you and when they do stuff, you understand what they did and say, "Wow, that was a pretty good move, friend!" and learn from it. It's just a fucking game, losing isn't the end of the world and you don't have to throw yourself into a diaper shitting rage whenever you lose. Just watch the game and learn what to do when.
>>
5 seconds of fighting game lingo and I already know it's something I'll never ever get into.

I don't know what a minus three frametrap is, and I don't care to find out.
>>
>>385646674
>SCVI exist!

Are you sure about that?
>>
But i do play fighters :0 as nixion's bitch, i spend my time in the lab when i'm offline. I should reenact situations i struggle to get out of, but i really just end up practicing execution. Not on just one stick though, but multiple ones. Is that normal? I also just lab in different games. Shit like jojo, VF, GG, and other no name fighters.

If i'm using the pc and practicing too much, my wrist start to take a toll. Shit bites. The only game that has ever game me finger cramps is vsav. Other games are easier on my wrist. I think masturbating 2-3 times a day plays into my fucked up wrist too :0 idk how, but maybe I'm not stroking correctly?
>>
I just jerk off to the females to be honest
>>
>>385651851
"working for it" is watching what happened in the match, learning from it and becoming better for it. You should play against people who are on the same skill level as you and work together to improve both of your play. The learning curve is "enormous" but that doesn't mean you should throw your hands up and scream that "IT'S TOO HAAARD WAAAAA" and say that the game itself is shit. I would think a game having a large learning curve with lots of depth would be a GOOD thing to /v/. But no, if the game has a lot of depth and requires you to actually learn and become better at it, it's automatically shit because you can't just hit Q and win the game.
>>
>>385652063
Every game has lingo to it, dumbass. That's such a stupid and minor thing to not want to play a game for. You're literally making up excuses at this point.
>>
>>385652063
Ever slept with a trap? Its the same thing. Niggas on 4chan love traps for some reason.
>>
>>385651792
>a fighting game with a 15 minute story mode that has 3 playable fighters that all play exactly the same save for a different coat of paint, with easy one button inputs that lead to zero depth at high level play and looks like pixel indie garbage.

So when can we be expecting your Patreon and Kickstarter pages opening?
>>
I'm not very good video games. I'd get destroyed in fighting games. Plus I'm not a competitive person and fighting an opponent 1 on 1 would be too stressful.
>>
>>385652181
>working for it" is watching what happened in the match, learning from it and becoming better for it.
Which doesn't happen for me. I just see my ass in a corner getting juggled after I whiff a single attack. Or the guy spams ranged attacks to keep me from advancing at all. This isn't fun, it means I have to watch the other guy do a 13-20+ combo on me, and when I finally land a hit at best I can get a 4 combo. I can't even remember combos to begin with on characters I feel like I like.

This is after 100ish hours into SF2 both as a kid as an adult. I can't even beat Vega or M. Bison in the story with anyone. I can't even play Smash Brothers against other people my skill level, I don't think I've ever won a single fight against them in hundreds of hours.
>>
>>385652360
Never, you don't deserve this game. Just go back to your other fighter you are practicing.
>>
>>385651580
Except with fighting games for the majority of people winning is the only enjoyment factor unless it is a close game.
Point being that a newcomer would have to train countless hours just to even have a close game. If hey are not good enough to do more complicated inputs, they may as well sell the game.
Combine this with he fact that the market and choice in fighting games is heavily saturated with communities constantly splitting to the latest game.
Then there is also the purist mentality among he community that any fighting game that is more simplistic or a lower skill floor = bad game.
>>
>>385652268

I don't give a flying goddamn fuck about MOBAs, yet I know the lingo in and out.

Fighting games are in a whole other dimension.
>>
Fighting games are the only competitive games I really enjoy. I wish there were more kinds of vs games with an emphasis on melee combat. Shooters are huge, but I just don't get shooters and first person view always felt awkward to me.
>>
>>385651949
>Because you played it when you were a kid
I actually only got into it for the first time 5 years ago when I was in my final year of high school.
>You should only play against people at the same skill level
None of my friends are into fighting games bar one so I guess it's online for me sadly
>You just have to figure out what they do
From my experience? Being incredibly defensive, having a very exact idea of how much distance each attack has and a solid understanding of how to pull off their combos.
>It's just a fucking game
I know. But I don't care about beating some random fucking person in a 1v1 fighter. It is not satisfying to beat my smug douche friend who has 20 more hours playing a game than me. It is not satisfying to beat someone on the other side of the world, or to beat a cloud of 1's and 0's. I need something more than simple competition to justify replaying the same game instead of moving on. I appreciate you're just trying to say that playing against your friends is fun and the best way to learn, but it's just a pain in the arse from my experience. It's much easier to convince them to play something casual and no one has to deal with "that guy" who has triple the playtime of the next best person.
>>
File: 1501446283941.png (77KB, 1087x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1501446283941.png
77KB, 1087x1370px
>>385650825
>>
>>385646674

The real reason is that most people don't have the patience, motivation or capacity for understanding them. As much as you try, there are some people that will just never care.
>>
>>385646674
>Why don't you play fighting games, /v/?
I got jewed by capcom when I purchased vanilla mvc3 day one. Left a bad taste in my mouth
>>
>>385652567
>Which doesn't happen for me. I just see my ass in a corner getting juggled after I whiff a single attack.
this is why you should not play anime fighting games
>>
>>385654050
The only one I've ever played that would fit that description is Jojo ASB and that's a game people call a braindead fighter. I couldn't even manage to combo even the AI on that but I'd get bodied.
>>
>>385654316
well unless you're playing maybe high level kof which otherwise doesn't even have too many long combos there aren't many long combos in games like street fighter 2, most of them last about 4-5 hits on average and that's if you're really good with links which i assure you most people are not
>>
>>385654564
Could be I'm just thinking the combos feel that long, I just know I'm in the air for a lot of damage taken before I can retaliate or anything. It's a demoralizing feeling. It only really happens towards the latter AI matches though, especially Bison.
>>
>>385654734
bison in st is kind of a dick with air juggles for real though but he is an exception and not the standard
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.