[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best written Borderlands game wasn't actually made by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (51KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
51KB, 460x215px
The best written Borderlands game wasn't actually made by the developers of Borderlands.
>>
kys
>>
>>385640757
True
>>
>>385640757
It was also the best telltale game they managed to make before going to shit
>>
>>385640757

rhys's pieces
>>
>>385641820
>>385640757
this
>>
>>385641820
Too true.

Anyone who thinks The Walking Dick is a better game can fight me.
>>
>>385641820
>>385642226
>>385641707
>>385640757
That feeling when people tw you GoT telltale is the best.
>>
>>385641820
You didn't like the wolf amongst us or whate very it's called?
>>
>>385640757
I want more tales from the borderlands.
it kills me knowing that borderlands 3 will ruin everything tftb did well, by making Badass™ writing for B3
They even made handsome meme good, something 2 and pre sequel failed miserable.
>>
>>385642523
It was alright. It started strong but honestly halfway through it really took nosedive in quality
>>
>>385640757
Yes, but that's not exactly a huge accomplishment.
>>
WAU>TFTB>TWD s1> rest is garbage
>>
>>385640757
If it wasn´t made by the borderlands devs it is not a borderlands game, innit?
>>
>>385642528
The pre sequel reaffirmed us the type of character Jack was. It solidiefied him as a well written and great villain that isn't your typical twirly moustache megalomaniac.

If they're smart, they'll make sure to be subtle about making Tales from the borderlands apart of B3's plot.
>>
>>385642861
Fuck gearbox, TT made borderlands good
>>
>>385642981
I predict they will at least put Rhys or Fiona in a sidequest,i mean hes the new Onwer of Atlas,thats important,unless they do fuckall in BL3 and not bring Atlas back
>>
Will Borderlands 3 be shit? The contrast in quality between 2 and TPS is pretty concerning. They're essentially the same but TPS is almost strictly worse in every regard. I guess a better question is, will Borderlands 3 even exist?
>>
It's strange that shitty games like Minecraft gets sequels, but not Tales from the Borderlands.
>>
>>385643836
TPS was outsourced to Australians and had Anthony Burch free to do whatever he wanted.
BL3 is being made in house and had the original lead writer doing the story.
Ice and the grinder were nice additions though, hope they keep those in 3.
>>
File: darksouls.jpg (493KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.jpg
493KB, 1920x1200px
The best Souls game wasn't actually made by From Software.
>>
Of course it has the best writing.
It's a TT game, that's literally all it has.
>>
>>385640757
finished it a couple days ago, I was surprised it turned out to actually be good
>>
>>385644347
Well here's to hoping. TPS did do a few alright things, but man it was just such a step down. I know it wasn't meant to be a real mainline project but they could've done more. Isn't Burch out of Gearbox now? If so I hope he takes his shitty sister with him and they fuck off forever
>>
>>385645926
Last I heard, Anthony joined riot and wrote the reworked Galio.
Ashley shouldn't be a problem since she's on that dumbass VA strike.
>>
>>385640757
Lol Anthony Burch cuck wrote it.
>>
>>385642807
Batman was fine
At least it told a Batman story that was original
>>
>>385645926
I bought TPS in the steam summer sale and have been playing through it with the same group of friends that did 4-5 playthroughs of BL2.
We loved BL2, just enough interesting stuff going on- unique guns, level design, combat strategy, environments, story not garbage, memorable (if annoying) characters and dialogue.

After 6 hours I can't stand to play anymore TPS- so dull, samey and repetitive. Boring quests, characters are flat, gunplay feels worse, O2 mechanic is absolutely awful. Enemy designs are boring, and there's no sense to the difficulty curve: either you're crushing everything in sight, or you're getting killed from miles away by energized flying skyblobs. But the worst part is the level layouts- so much more backtracking over uninteresting terrain to get to an area that makes no sense.
BL2 always had you fighting your way into a compound with a few semi-divergent paths no matter what the quest. TPS is either in a single-route hallway layout for story quests or into a big meaningless open area for non-story quests.

Also the LGBT "pandering" is executed so badly, it's pathetic. It's like the writer thinks he's being forward and progressive with it- maybe if it was twenty years ago.

Just an awful game that takes away from the whole franchise.
>>
>>385640757
but it's still Borderlands and Anthony Burch is still credited as a writer
>>
>>385646187
>>385646187
I liked Ashely Burch in Life is Strange but everything she's ever worked on makes me think of Diablo Cody and Juno.
How long can you make a career out of acting like you're 14?
>>
Twd s1 > sam and max > wolf >tales (power gap) poker night 1 & 2 > twd s2 > batman > got > twd s3 > dogshit > mein kraften

I miss anything?
>>
>>385648712

puzzle agent
>>
>>385647537
Burch wrote something like 2 scenes in the entire game, otherwise it's Burch free and you can feel it.
>>
>>385650485
whatever you say.

I didn't even get this for free because of one big reason: It's Borderlands
>>
>>385650581
>I don't like this series
>guess I ought to come tell potential fans that I don't like it, that'll show em
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.