[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FYI, G-Sync only reduces input lag under a very specific configuration.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: gsync-logo.jpg (202KB, 2387x900px) Image search: [Google]
gsync-logo.jpg
202KB, 2387x900px
FYI, G-Sync only reduces input lag under a very specific configuration.
>G-Sync enabled
>V-Sync enabled in driver
>V-Sync disabled in game
>Frame-rate capped 2-4 frames below refresh rate (so 142-140 on a 144hz display)
>You have to cap your framerate in game, third party programs cause input lag
>Even with the above parameters, some games cause input lag with g-sync enabled.
What a fucking meme. The same goes for freesync.
>>
It's purpose is not to reduce input lag
>>
>>385639636
That's exactly it's purpose. V-Sync causes input lag, G-Sync is supposed to eliminate this, but it only goes it under a specific config.
If your framerate hits your refreshrate, G-Sync is disabled and V-Sync is engaged.
>>
>>385639738
it's for screen-tearing you utter moron
>>
>>385640021
What do you think g-sync is for?
>>
>>385640021
What do you think v-sync is for?
>>
I'll take 2ms of input lag for the ability to run games on ultra while getting 120+fps with zero screen tearing.
>>
>>385640021
you're a special kind of retard
>>
>>385641351
It's not 2ms, 100's of ms if you aren't running a correctly configured g-sync set up.
>>
>>385641470
>>385639338
Do you have any proof for your claims?
>>
>>385639738
>G-Sync is supposed to eliminate this, but it only goes it under a specific config.

Are you literally retarded?

Yes, you cannot use a game's V-Sync for your G-Sync. Is this somehow an argument? Do you cry yourself to sleep if you cannot use a steering wheel for counter strike?

If you want to have V-Sync without the input lag, use F-Sync, you goddamn idiot.
>>
"G-Sync is a proprietary adaptive sync technology developed by Nvidia aimed primarily to eliminate screen tearing and the need for software deterrents such as Vsync."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_G-Sync
>>
>>385641564
https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101/
>>385641634
You truely are retarded.
>>
>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about: the thread
The problem: due to the way vsync works, if your GPU can't keep up the pace with your selected refresh rate, it will cut down to half the framerate, then a quarter and so on until your GPU can keep it stable, no middle grounds. A workaround to this requires keeping a third framebuffer, which consumes vram and could cause a small amount of increased perceived latency.

The solution: switching places and make the screen pace itself to the GPU's speed and not the other way around, by having screens with variable refresh rates. That way, if your GPU falls below 60 FPS your framerate doesn't immediately tank all the way down to 30.

Variable refresh rates don't necessarely decrease perceived latency in any meaningful way, as that's not really the primary goal. If your GPU is rendering at exactly 60 FPS then that's 16.67ms of delay between every frame, regardless of vsync being on or off, or g-sync being on or off.

The real reason why vsync is purported to be the cause of input lag is because it locks you at your screen's refresh rate, usually 60, when you could theoretically run at a much higher framerate. For instance, if you could run a game at 200FPS that's only 5ms of delay between frames, but if your GPU is already struggling to hold 60FPS as it is (eg the situation g-sync is aiming to solve) disabling vsync wouldn't magically allow you to hit that number. Well I guess not tanking to 30FPS is good for latency but honestly if all you want is lower latency buying a better computer would be a much better investment than a g-sync monitor.
>>
>>385642474
>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about: the thread
>if your GPU can't keep up the pace with your selected refresh rate, it will cut down to half the framerate
Way to BTFO yourself in the first sentence.
>>
>>385642474
the funniest thing is when an idiot that doesnt know what hes talking about tells someone else they dont know what they are talking about.
Watch "Ask GN 55" he explains what adds delay there, theres no need to say it myself. Vsync does add delay compared to an engine frame limiter. You made a retarded post, but thats what you can expect from an idiot with reddit spacing
>>
File: 1478333894961.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478333894961.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>385643862
>watch some random idiot on youtube, he's on yt so it must be true
>also le reddit spacing so you can see I'm in on the latest memes
>>
>>385639636
G-sync and Free-sync literally exist because V-sync causes input lag.
>>
Doesn't really matter, the best monitors on the market for gaming already have G-sync so you're getting it whether you want it or not.
>>
>>385644373
instead of being the idiot you usually are and watched the video you would have found out that he got some of his information from tom petersen from nvidia. Either way even if he juts did the tests himself he would still have more information than you fucktard would ever have.
>>
What I don't understand is what is even the point when at 144hz you don't need vsync in the first place. I've not experienced screen tearing or similar effects at all since I got a 144Hz monitor
>>
>>385645212
>actual arguments and math
>vs "some guy on youtube said it"
Hmmm
>>
>turn on triple buffering
>it just works
Why the hell should I pay more for Freesync or far more for g-sync?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.