[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Fallout New Vegas but I want you to tell me everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 33

File: 1501420067096.jpg (47KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1501420067096.jpg
47KB, 720x405px
I love Fallout New Vegas but I want you to tell me everything thats wrong with it.
>>
The early game railroad from Goodsprings all the way to Novac gets very old if you like doing specific build/ending runs
>>
It looks like garbage
>>
File: 1428985295912.jpg (43KB, 434x308px) Image search: [Google]
1428985295912.jpg
43KB, 434x308px
>>385637163
>bullet sponge enemies, mods to fix this though
>scale of large battles and the strip is fucked because of engine limitations
>not enough quests that let you be a certain profession, ie courier, bounty hunter, caravan guard, etc
>not enough quests for each smaller faction to make you feel like youre really a part of them (what if i want to do more work for the brotherhood? or the omertas? really feel like i joined up?)
>honest hearts had shitty quests
>lonesome road was kind of underwhelming, not enough side stuff to explore
and easily the biggest and most tragic
>all the cut content, specifically all legion areas and the legion being underdone in general

still my favorite game of all time though
>>
File: 9919839187251.jpg (2MB, 804x5223px) Image search: [Google]
9919839187251.jpg
2MB, 804x5223px
Here you go
>>
>>385637446
So don't follow the railroad.
>>
>>385637163
The janky, archaic piece of shit engine.
Oh, and the fact that it's not Fallout Van Buren. Was kind of a nice effort, still.
>>
>>385637163
The blandest map ever, if you took 90% of the buildings and rubble out of 3 and didn't replace it with anything that's what you end up with, the map's defining features such as the strip and the dam are incredibly underwhelming and subsequently underutilized.
>>
>>385637163
Why is Boone wearing a wig the courier?
>>
>>385637446
You can get a stealth boy in Goodsprings (2 if you kill Cobb) and just sneak past the Deathclaws to get to Vegas.
>>
>>385637163
shit graphics, shit fps and crashes all the damn time
otherwise gud gaem
>>
>>385639760
Stop playing the ps3 version.
>>
File: IMG_5616.jpg (88KB, 537x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5616.jpg
88KB, 537x534px
>>385637163
There wasn't enough of it sadly
>>
>>385639796
sadly talking about PC version
>>
>>385639682
Yeah or go through cazador fucking canyon
>>
File: Stop.jpg (133KB, 709x667px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
133KB, 709x667px
>>385637163
The combat is terrible. (though obsidian obviously couldn't do much to improve it)

The guns don't shoot like you expect them to. It's hard to describe, but it's like the gun either wants you to shoot once or full auto. If you try to do short bursts then you get dropped inputs and shit.

Grenades have to be switched to and bounce like crazy making them unpredictable and useless.

People love to shit on FO4, but the combat in that game is basically perfect. Probably because they brought in a separate fps team to do the combat this time.

pic unrelated, only new vegas picture I had
>>
>>385639903
get a better computer than faggaboy litteralley dosent crash for me
>>
>>385640270
Oh, and the movement system was pretty clunky too. Like there was input lag for starting and stopping.
>>
>>385640270
>FO4, but the combat in that game is basically perfect.

HOLY FUCKING GAY litteralley never seen some1 so udderly fucking wrong fagout 4 has fucking ZERO redeening factor's you cuckdriver.
>>
>>385640270
You still get bullet sponges in FO4
>>
>>385640316
even my old PC meets the recommended requirements
Deal with it, bethesda's engine is shit.
>>
>>385638226
>posting this retard's wall of text
>>
File: falloutnewvegascompanions.jpg (1MB, 6190x2735px) Image search: [Google]
falloutnewvegascompanions.jpg
1MB, 6190x2735px
I was very unhappy with the final story line involving Ulysses. It feels very weird to have something cut from the main game, all these bread crumbs in the DLC, and then when you finally reach the guy... Uh... He... ???
>>
>>385640474
New vegas runs fine m8 the problem is yours.
>>
>>385640270
Literally all you said can be fixed with mods
>>
>>385640454
I installed a mod to make headshots do a lot more damage so that doesn't bother me at all. Makes damage sponges much less spongy by putting more emphasis on accuracy.
>>
>>385640620
>New vegas runs fine m8
It has noticeable drops on a 1070. Fuck off.
>>
>>385638226

I'm not going to say the game is flawless, but I really hate it when people try to brute force what they think the game should let them do and then throws their hands up when they're wrong.
>>
>>385640620
Todd please, we know you're in this thread.
>>
>>385640270
fallout 4s combat is just as bad if not worse. every gun feels like plastic, shoots like plastic, there are no weapons, everything is a bullet sponge, and no enemies feel or act differently. new vegas' combat is not great but the guns are good, specifically how they feel and sound. bullet sponge enemies and bad ai can be fixed with mods, thank christ
>>
>>385640770
>nvidia
Found the problem. Also if you see an RX580 in stock hit me up.
>>
>>385640664
I tried fixing those things with mods, but the only one I could find a fix for was having a grenade hotkey. The others seem to be hardcoded into the engine. I was really surprised I couldn't find a fix for grenade bounciness. Expected that one to be an easy fix, but I never found it.

Closest I found was a mod that made grenades heavier so they wouldn't bounce as much, but it also made them throw much less further. Like maximum throw distance was 5 feet away.
>>
>>385640841
Todd hates NV though
>>
>>385640841
Nice try, but they pretend NV doesn't exist.
>>
>>385638056
>engine limitations
>>385638957
>shit engine.
>>385640270
>People love to shit on FO4, but the combat in that game is basically perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAJ4-03Bz84
>>
>>385637163
None of the personality that 3 had, mr house has to be one of the least intelligent "smart" people ever written, game needed 3 loading screens for the vegas strip, was an unfinished buggy mess, lots of "quests" were just boring and uninteresting, lots of content but not a lot of actual substance, all of the factions were a 13 year olds idea of edgy, protagonists character motivations are non existent , the setting was extremely bland and boring (somehow more than 3) and other than a few decent side quests the game is just overall quite boring. Needs way too many mods to be decent
>>
>>385640934
>>385640958
The engine still belongs to Bethesda, and its shit.
>>
>>385638226

>Dandy-cowboy dude

Baby, Benny was anything but. Come on now.
>>
>>385637446
>People keep telling me the game railroads you to novac
>That feel when im some kind of genious because i run straight to vegas through deathclaw infested areas to get implants at lvl 1.
>>
The graphics, especially of the humans, are horrible.

The combat is pretty bad.

Karma system makes no sense.

There's a lack of things that should be there - like vehicles.

A lack of larger scale battles (perhaps it could be included in "combat"?)

A lack of serious and relevant mega threats to test your abilities. There's that boatfly in the DLC, but it doesn't fit in the story and it's silly.

I would like better/more companions and more decent romance, too.
>>
>>385637163
It's overrated as fuck. Compared to Fallout 3 and retroactively Fallout 4 it's amazing but on its own it's mediocre at best. Despite all the fixes it makes it's still riddled with problems. The karma system is retarded and should have been removed entirely like in Fallout 4, the faction system is almost as bad but seems to get nothing but praise for whatever reason, the game is a buggy mess, the story is predictable outside of the DLC, a lot of the environments are very samey, etc.

It's a good fun game but just like Fallout 3 it needs mods.
>>
>>385640664
"Mods can fix it!" In a discussion like this is fucking retarded. We're talking about the vanilla game that the developers themselves released.
>>
>>385637163
THAT FUCKING BUG THAT MAKES THE LEGION NEVER ATTACK ME EVEN THOUGH I'M VILIFIED
>I dropped the game after 6 restarts.
>No, I did not get the legion quest thingy that makes them not attack you.
>>
>>385637163
>gameplay is medicore and enemies get bulletspongey. Not like 4, where enemies are genuinely fun to fight, and the weapons are genuinely fun to use. The engine is terrible and everything is janky as fuck. Movement is weird and jittery, and guns never feel right.

>Crafting is a total clusterfuck and really not very useful. Scavenging for parts is tedious and awkward. The crafting menu is covered in an unreasonably amount of stuff you cant craft yet, and most of that stuff is worthless, serving only to obscure the stuff you actually can build

>the character progression is pretty bland. Perks are boring and uninteresting and rarely feel useful. You max out all your important stats fairly early and have to spend the rest of the time levelling shit you don't care about. S.P.E.C.I.A.L means very little.

>The strip is underwhelming and there's surprisingly little to actually do there. Most of the towns are just bland with little identity.

>a lot of areas are visually very dark, dull, and tiring to navigate. Outer vegas at night especially. They could have tried to make certain parts of the mojave visually distinct to other parts. Skyrim has areas of snowy mountains, and areas of thick pine forests, and areas of autumnel aspen woods, and marshes and grasslands. The mojave is just mojave.
>>
>>385641206
>"Mods can fix it!"
This shit tier mentality is THE reason Bethesda manages to release the most broken pieces of shit games and get away with it.
>>
>Weapon mods are way too rare and expensive, and are just generally never worth it.

>the game has no way to really orchestrate whether enemies are too high level for you or not. Is level 50 deathclaw hunting time? Level 20? I don't know. I distinctly remember approaching a man outside a mine who told me something like
"woah hold on, there are death claws here! Let me take a look at you..." *pauses* "I reckon you can handle yourself out there", which I took to mean the game telling me I was high enough level to fight deathclaws, and that if I was a lower level then he would have told me to fuck off. I was not. Maybe some way of just telling the player if their power level is high enough for certain encounters would have made it a lot easier, like a level number in an mmo but more subtle.

>honest hearts was big and empty, and scorpions just aren't fun to fight against. Lonesome road was a bit linear and got boring after a while. Old world blues was the opposite and was honestly a bit overwhelming with the amount of stuff you could do there. Personally I liked dead money the most, as it felt the most like an actual game. The levels were tightly designed to be tense and interesting and you weren't weighed down by a billion guns and outfits that you found in the mojave Although you were still weighed down by something else entirely

>Having to slaughter the brotherhood felt like a bit of a dick move

>We didn't get nearly enough legion stuff, but I understand they had to cut content.

>>385640270
>The guns don't shoot like you expect them to. It's hard to describe, but it's like the gun either wants you to shoot once or full auto. If you try to do short bursts then you get dropped inputs and shit.
They were -so- janky.

>>385640851
>but the guns are good, specifically how they feel and sound
literally the opposite of truth
>>
>>385641001
were you trying to make a point in your post?
all you did was quote people saying NV engine is garbage but then proceed to post a video of 4's engine
>>
Why do people say the writing is good in NV? If they mean it's better than other Fallout games then maybe I can agree but that sure as hell doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>385641462
It's New Vegas in FO4's engine.
>>
any good gameplay improvement mods?

project nevada doesnt look interesting and other mods I looked at were just "you have to drink from toilets more often" but thats also not very engaging for me
>>
>>385641538
Obsidian employees unironically sit on /v/ in their spare time and shill their games. Im not even kidding you.
>>
>>385637163
It's unfinished and Obsidian had to use Bethesda's shitty abortion of an engine and assets.
>>
File: fact.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
fact.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>385641612
>>
>>385641583
Okay? And? How does that discredit people calling NV's engine shit?
>>
>>385641612
Fuck, you caught me
>>
>>385637163
>Bethesda's shit engine
>Some of it feels unfinished
>No sequel
>>
>>385641538
What games do you consider with good writing, anon?
>>
>>385641680
When did anyone claim is was doing that?
>>
>>385640851
None of that is what I was talking about. I mean their base system for moving, shooting, and throwing grenades is perfect. It's exactly how I want an fps to behave. The one in new vegas is clunky and terrible.
>>
>>385641409
>>Having to slaughter the brotherhood felt like a bit of a dick move
>when they fit you with a nice bomb collar when you first meet them
nah fuck em
>>
>kill all Legion goons in Nipton
>they somehow still know about it and my reputation with them drops

???

It should have worked like Skyrim's bounty system, the idea that they have scouts or whatever constantly watching me wherever I am reporting on all of my actions is lazy as fuck. Same for the other factions.
>>
>>385640270
I absolutely agree and Fallout 4's gameplay is it's best aspect.
>>
>>385637163
It wasn't finished. Needed more stuff fleshed out, etc.
>>
>>385641038
Mr. House isn't even supposed to be "smart", he's a lucky motherfucker but that's it.
>>
>>385641836
So what was the point in quoting anons criticizing NV's engine?
>>
>>385640602
Boone is fucking jacked in that picture.
>>
>>385641923
Showing them that the game is being remade in a different engine.
>>
>>385641612
say that to my face todd, see what happens
>>
>>385640795
He made some good points but it was clear he was just an annoying little bitch from reddit or somewhere who refused to enjoy the game and demanded a really high level of choice (WAY higher than fallout 3, by the way) while failing to see the obvious point of the main story which is that all the roads lead somewhere bad.
>>
>>385641612
Don't tell my boss, I'm supposed to be working
>>
Uses Gamebryo because of Bethesda demands.
Less polish and dev time than it deserves due to Bethesda interference.
Obsidian isn't getting any fallout (no pun intended) payments from Bethesda
>>
It's been mentioned a lot already but the karma system is so dumb it's mind-numbing. The fact that they were in a position to make improvements on the way Fallout 3 did things but they left the karma system alone makes me wonder if they were contractually obligated to keep it the same.

>kill everyone in a 30 mile radius
>go indoors
>steal an empty soda bottle
>angry karma god deducts 5 good boy points
>>
>>385641001
Do you know if the draw distance will be improved? Because this mountains showing out of nowhere are very annoying.
>>
>>385637446
You could always go through Primm Pass to sidestep everything to Novac immediately
>>
>>385641125
Really tho, you can just carefully walk around.
>>
>>385642198
the (no LOD) in the title is referring to that.
They have to make low detail versions of everything first.
>>
>>385637163
Gamebryo.
>>
>>385637163
Bethesda involvement.
>>
Too much tell and not enough show. Hard to immerse myself to the idea that Freeside is this big settlement that needs help when there's like 2 or 3 junkies wandering about. There's more doctors than residents. There were more guards at Kimball's speech than viewers. All the endings just tell you what happen and though there's a lot of endings that intertwine with other things, you only hear about them and never see them.
>>
>>385638226
>your dad, voiced by Liam Neeson,
Might be autism but that little addition irritates me, almost like he adds that Neeson in because he's a big name and adds credit to the game or something?
Actually that paragraph and the one that follow it are both fucked, giving F3 a clear synopsis and giving NV a quick "You do this because.... uhhh.... reason???" is just blatant fuckery

I like how he says "You do quests by the numbers, and gord-help-you if you try and wander off the beaten path" like F3 doesnt do the same shit and worse
>>
>>385637163
Gamebryo doesnm't support animations.
Animations feel static.
(Strafe) running animation looks like you're sliding forward, which is jarring as fuck.
>>
>>385642770
It's the same shit as when they had Patrick Stewart voice the king in Oblivion.
>>
>>385641067
>Took them 5 years to implement volumetric lighting
Gamebryo engine more like Gayembryo engine :^)
>>
>>385642996
And Sean Bean was Martin
>>
>>385643005
not only that, the lighting is broken af.
>>
File: 7.png (132KB, 1086x1006px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
132KB, 1086x1006px
>>
>>385638056
>>not enough quests that let you be a certain profession, ie courier, bounty hunter, caravan guard, etc

I agree with the rest, but I think this one is kind of a nitpick.
>>
File: dd.png (25KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
25KB, 500x566px
>>385643117
(you)
>>
>>385643117

you suck, fag
>>
>>385643117
>"my opposition is silly and ugly!!!" comic
wew boy
>>
>>385643117
I like how the person did this to mock other people, and even in his own comic, he is the one that seems to be an autistic retarded.
>>
>>385643117
kek I bet you set aside like 2 hours to make this shitty ms paint comic you stupid fag
>>
>>385638226
I don't think this guys arguments are very valid. His entire argument is, "If I find an item before I activate the quest, it's worthless and doesn't lead me to the quest!" I don't think this even happened in Fallout 3. So, what's the point?
>>
i got it yesterday, literally for 3 bucks on steam

it's my first fallout and i like it a lot. it seems like a game where you have true freedom to just fuck around in and do things the way you want to and let's be honest, recent open world games don't really do that.
>>
File: (you),png.png (25KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
(you),png.png
25KB, 810x800px
>>385643117
>>
>>385642770
Malcolm Mcdowell is president.
This some A list actors the game gotta be good.
>>
>>385642770
The notion that you have to follow a relatively restrained path for at least a few hours of gameplay compared to the prequel just turned loads of normies off it. They understood what they wanted from the only Fallout game they played, and didn't like it when this game didn't follow the "30 minute intro and then complete freedom of movement" formula that TES 3,4 and F3 went by. That is everything behind that complaint - other than those that replayed the game dozens of times and are sick of doing "that bit" again.
>>
>>385638226
>I try looting stuff I LOSE KARMA
Why is he bitching about karma in NV?
Fallout 3 made it one of its central mechanics and the whole good guys vs bad guys dogshit was of the worse part of the game
>>
>>385639925
Either works really. I can get to Vegas without leveling and without crossing Deathclaws or Cazadors. Basically you sprint all the way to Novac and then proceed north carefully avoiding the scripted raider fights which are tough on a level 1.
>>
File: strawman comic.jpg (150KB, 914x508px) Image search: [Google]
strawman comic.jpg
150KB, 914x508px
>>385643117
(you)
>>
Any mods that make melee better?
>>
>>385643873
>Fallout 3 made it one of its central mechanics

No? It was just as important in NV, which is not very, but it was still retarded. Karma gets a lot more shit in NV because it should have been improved since the devs had the benefit of hindsight, and also the NCR Detention Facility is prime example of how stupid the karma system is and how flawed the faction system is as well. Even though it's taken over by the Powder Gangers it still technically belongs to the NCR, so all of the loot and miscellaneous shit inside like soda bottles and other trash all "belongs" to the NCR, which means taking it is stealing, which means the karma god who is constantly watching you takes away points. I'm not entirely sure but I think you also lose NCR faction points as well, even though the facility is either abandoned or filled with people who hate the NCR, so why would you even lose points? How would the NCR know what you're taking in a facility they no longer control?
>>
>>385642649
I think scale is one of the biggest issues Bethesda/gamebryo-derrived games have.

there's no sense of scale in many of them, everything just feels too small, but they almost have to be that way due to optimization issues and being designed for players who are traveling/running/walking on foot.

Try to suggest a Bethesda-owned game should have more realistic distances, and you'll get a fuckton of complaints about how empty the map would be, (like it's a bad thing to not have Points of Interest every 20 feet or so).

of course fallout "lore" is really fucking annoying. I don't like many of the expansions to New Vegas, (at least if they're considered "cannon"). They fill in too much space on the map which limits the potential for sequels/future settings.
>>
>>385644023
>>385643554
>>385643447
>>385643436
>>385643313
>>385643353
>>385643302
But it's still right though you ugly big headed bitches. I don't see any of you trying to refute his points.
>>
>>385644641
I preferred the method on the first two Fallout games where settlements are appropriately far away, travel takes a long time on foot (but this time is neatly compressed during world travel), maps are not an entire fucking town but the section of a town you are doing business in. And there are NPCs fucking everywhere.

It's not perfect but it feels a lot more lived-in a world with those dinky sprites than FO4s expensive mess of tiny sets and ugly textures.
>>
>>385643117
Funny thing is how nothing in this strawman comic argues towards why Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas.
So many things are wrong in this strawman comic and I won't even waste my time to write about them. New Vegas is objectively a better game than 3/4.
>>
>>385640270
The only thing that really works well in F4 is the gameplay. (Of course compared with the gameplay mechanics in F3/NV).
But NV is a real RPG and FO so objectibly is better.

Also I want NV remastered on runing on F4 engine.
I don't why the people hate F4 so much, I mean it has the more simplist and working gameplay created by Bethesda It doesn't felt clunky.
>>
>>385644732
it's not really a matter of refuting it. it just contains false claims. for example no one actually thinks fallout 3 has equal companions to nv.
>>
>>385640602
Best fanart I've seen of Lily so far
Wish I could say the same for the rest
>>
>>385644732
Because there's no point when you're going to strawman each and every reply?
Also
>his
We all know you're upset that you got called out on your obvious strawman.
>>
>>385645020
>hate F4 so much
It's probably the dialogue thing hardcoding shit to 4 responses.
Which is why everything else in the game suffered.
Thank fuck you can apparently remove it if you're doing a total overhaul, which means NV in fa4's engine is totally possible.

At least beth is never doing it again.
>>
>>385643873
>murder powder ganger
+KARMA KEEP UP THE BLOODSHED
>take his weapons
-KARMA STEALING IS WRONG YOU FUCK
>>
>>385637163
Obsidian.
Any other questions?
>>
>>385643117
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_a_fDdILJdAyZupmTrORnw/

It requires special autism to repost your strawman comic in every New Vegas thread.
>>
>>385645595
>Kill raider in power armor
>Loot power armor pieces
>no problem

>Shoot raider's power armor in the fusion core
>Raider gets out of armor frame
>kill raider
>Take armor frame
>It's now stealing and you never own the pieces
>>
>>385643117
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78
>>
>>385645601
Say what you will about them but they're the best thing that's happened to Fallout since Bethesda got it
>>
>>385645340
They reduced it to 4 (or less, usually less) responses because a D-Pad has 4 directions. It's the most asinine shit ever.

NV is entirely voiced IIRC and it has expansive dialogue trees. What it doesn't have it the fucking PC voices, wasting space and money and talent on something no one except hardcore casuals would want.

Female PC voice is solid, should have been a companion.
>>
File: garbage.jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
ITT assblasted obsidiots defend a shit game
>>
>>385646231
spamfag?
>>
>beginning of the game is boring
>graphics and animations badly dated
>Vegas itself is small and half-assed
>often too comical for its own good
>>
>>385646231
It's like you're not even trying hide the fact now.
>>
>>385645020
>I don't why the people hate F4 so much
Because everything else about the game is garbage. The railroaded dialogue, the awkward controls, the settlement bullshit, the bugs, the pipboy UI, the stupid AI, the weird enchanted guns system, the nonsensical world design, etc.
>>
>>385646114
I wanted to play as Alejandro Rojas, my character from new vegas, a gunslingin, smoothtalkin merc from mexico, but could only play as Nolan North in blackface.
>>
File: 1500165244541.png (2MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1500165244541.png
2MB, 10000x10000px
Thanks to this thread I have motivation to play Fallout 4 again.
>>
>>385646324
They're not badly dated because they were complete shit on launch, too.
>>
>>385646231
What's a "real" rpg then ? also wich fallout is a "real" fallout ?
>>
File: 1500779063419.png (482KB, 789x705px) Image search: [Google]
1500779063419.png
482KB, 789x705px
>>
>>385643117
>whenever i argue with NVfags they interrupt my monologues with actual arguments so instead i'll prove them wrong in my comic where they provide easy-to-refute strawman arguments and i'll be the cool and collected one while they'll look like the hotheads!
>that will show them!
>>
File: 8XvfJof.jpg (95KB, 640x956px) Image search: [Google]
8XvfJof.jpg
95KB, 640x956px
>>385641125
>some kind of genious
>genious
>>
Shooting is bad.
>>
File: gurps.jpg (214KB, 769x993px) Image search: [Google]
gurps.jpg
214KB, 769x993px
>>385646903
>>
>>385646960
>only replying with images and never discussing
>irrational hatred of obsidian and josh sawyer
>when it does post its typing style is similar to spamfag
>low effort edits
you're spamfag
>>
>horrific "story"
>factions are as black and white as you can get
>All the endings are the same except Legion
>Yes Man and House are the same except different face on the screen
>devoid of interesting locations
>no random encounters
>nothing to fight
>padded out with named quests that would be unmarked in any other RPG to artificially extend game length
>too easy (especially after level 20)
>Dead Money and Lonesome Road are awful
>too many faggots
>not enough enemy variety, too many reused skeletons
>the Strip is boring as fuck, nothing to do there
>not enough quest mods
>environment is too samey
>lack of memorable NPC's
>too preachy
>lack of useful weapons
>unarmed is trash
>bad gunplay
>>
>>385647000
>being an intellectual
>>>/reddit/
This is 4chan, brainlets only.
>>
File: 1497234762515.png (128KB, 905x568px) Image search: [Google]
1497234762515.png
128KB, 905x568px
>>385647221
>irrational hatred of a megafabblinuber sjw cock sucker
>>
File: d98.jpg (956KB, 800x1152px) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
956KB, 800x1152px
the combat is quite a bit clunky and weird, but that's more of an engine limitation if anything and is still much better than 3's if only because there's actual ironsights
the legion really gets the short side of the stick both quest and story wise due to time restraints, which is p sad considering they're such a well written faction
the time restraints become much more obvious once you start looking up what had to be cut from the game due to them, including multiple quests, locations, and speech options.
moving around is pretty slow but once you discover a couple locations, it becomes much less of an issue

all in all even with it's mistakes new vegas is one of my favorite games
>>
>>385647375
Spamming is a violation of the global rules.
Ban evasion is a violation of the global rules.
You were killed once, you'll be killed again.
>>
File: comfy rain penguin.gif (2MB, 629x475px) Image search: [Google]
comfy rain penguin.gif
2MB, 629x475px
>>385637163
>tfw realize Fallout 1 and 2 are the only right answers
>>
File: nvFAGS.jpg (237KB, 700x1498px) Image search: [Google]
nvFAGS.jpg
237KB, 700x1498px
Every reason I need to hate the game is right here
>>
>>385647540
>but that's more of an engine limitation
Other gamebryo games: Bully: Scholarship Edition, Ghost in the Shell: First Assault - Stand Alone Complex Online, Splatterhouse.
Tell me how it's the engine's fault lol
>>
>>385647232
I was about to go and make a long post detailing why most of your points are wrong, but there's no reason to since you either didn't play the game and/or are just fucking around.
>unarmed is trash
definitely didn't play the game.
>>
There's too much minor loot.
You have to spend half a minute in every room to make sure you don't miss anything.
I'm an inventory packrat and it drives me crazy.
Most of those things are useful too, especially if you play modded.

Would be nice if there was less loot but better quality, more meaningful.
>>
File: 1485046064123.png (286KB, 421x410px) Image search: [Google]
1485046064123.png
286KB, 421x410px
>>385647232
>brainlet
>>
>>385647678
This.
Canon-fags made it so much worse. At least Fallout 4 gives the bisexual option.
>>
>>385647761
>I was about to go and make a long post
No you weren't.
>>
>>385647894
>everybody needs to love my mary sue character !
>>
At this point I really can't say when people are joking about hating homossexuals (even in games) or are serious.

What makes it even more weird is that the same thing happen about people liking traps.
>>
File: 1496807301839.jpg (97KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496807301839.jpg
97KB, 550x512px
>>385647961
make sure to actually play the game before you try to shit on it.
>>
Liking New Vegas is just a meme.
>>
>>385648056
Player-sexual is the only option, anything else is shit.
>>
>>385647894
did you try taking both of the gender perks in NV
>>
>>385648376
Doesn't matter, the sheer fact that there are out and open flambouyant fags in my game is unacceptable. Bisexual is fine, but not gay.
>>
>>385648216
I didn't "try" to shit on anything, OP asked for reasons, I gave him reasons. If you have any proof I didn't play the game, feel free to provide it. If I want to shit on a game I didn't play, I just say it's shit to piss people off, not make lists.
>>
>Replying to the single shitposter baiting for (you)s
>>
File: john smith.jpg (21KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
john smith.jpg
21KB, 259x253px
>>385637163
Oh don't get me started. It's like pure concentrated garbage the whole way through. The only good thing about it is the engine and the Fallout IP. Everything else is trash.

Get FO4 instead. I'm really looking forward to the Creation Club.
>>
>>385637163
It was developed in 13 months. This game needed at least two years dev time, but it was already dated as fuck in 2010.
>>
>>385647097
Fuck GURPS
>>
>>385649000
I'm mad about the creation club, because you need a legit version of Fallout 4 to download mods.
>>
>>385649181
Stop using every single rule, sillyhoo.
>>
File: fallout.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
Reminder that all your problems with New Vegas are products of Bethesda's laziness when designing the gamebryo

http://www.strawpoll.me/13499466
>>
File: todd (2).jpg (397KB, 1956x2068px) Image search: [Google]
todd (2).jpg
397KB, 1956x2068px
>>385649194
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY YOU LITTLE BITCH
I'VE GOT YOU NOW YOU SNAKE IN THE GRASS
>>
>>385649412
It's neither of those options, its just alright.
>>
>>385649550
I always pirate your games Todd, but I also tell people to buy them so please forgive me. I am poor.
>>
Does FNV benefit from using ENBoost like Skyrim does?
>>
>>385649412
I have one problem with New Vegas that has nothing to do with bethesda. The game starts off super linear as you do the big U shaped route up to New Vegas.
>>
>>385637163
its on gamebyro so gameplay is abhorent. If you can ignore that and roleplay then by all means enjoy it
>>
The first three major plot quests kill me. I've played through it so damn often it just feels like a fucking dredge to go through.
>>
>>385649741
Maybe you are just bad at the game.
>>
>>385640602

So, all of their legs are crippled?
>>
>>385648590
>Arcade
>Christine
>Out and open flamboyant fags
You can only figure out Arcade is gay if you specifically ask him about his romantic interests and Christine never explicitly "gestures" that she was the one dating whatshername, it's interpreted. Though Felicia Day's character is shitty, I'll give you that.
>>
>>385643602

I think the mountains really made it seem like you only had one option more than the deathclaws/cazadors. You couldn't just not go through the middle of the map, you had to go all the way south, through a pass and back north.
>>
>>385637446
Aw sticking to the highway like sunny smiles tells you to how cute. Good dog. Try to have some fun next time
>>
>>385649741
Having a specific route for the player to follow before opening the game up completely helps teach the player the basics without being forced to litter the map with bullet sponges and samey dungeons

Fallout 4 allows you to go anywhere you like because of the enemy scaling, New Vegas uses set levels allowing for a sense of progression

If you don't like linearity within a game then go play minesweaper or Fallout 4, both of the same skill level
>>
>>385650080
They shouldn't exist at all wtf. Why would you defend this shit in a videogame?
>>
>>385650470
Gay people exist, whether or not they should is independent of that. This is also a game about a post-post-nuclear world where one in ten people has a gun capable of shooting molten hot bolts of green plasma or lasers and your main companion is a floating radio that looks like sputnik, so it's not like logic or reason is a necessity.

And there's gay shit in Fallout 1 and 2 as well.
>>
File: 1433329924642.jpg (58KB, 237x334px) Image search: [Google]
1433329924642.jpg
58KB, 237x334px
>>385638226
So he loves 3 and hates New Vegas. I really don't want to read all of that.
>>
File: 03+Lehm+tells+Jonah+about+Wiley.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
03+Lehm+tells+Jonah+about+Wiley.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Its ugly as shit

Its unstable even by bethesda standards

Gunplay is god awful (though the gun selection and armor selection is very good)

Could use a bigger map

FNV is my favorite game, these are really my only problems with it.
>>
Love this game so I'm gonna try to think of some flaws

The Dlc is shitty. Joshua, Ulysses, and the brains are all terrible characters. Dead moneys ending was poorly scripted.

That's all I could think of. Now I'm gonna say something super gay. One of my favorite things about replaying nv was going legion and killing all the friends I made the first time around. Made me sick to my stomach lol
>>
>>385638226
there's a million reasons to hate nv and the only reason to like it is memes so anyone who tries to argue like this is not only arguing in bad faith but a huge fag
>>
File: Slyreadthat.jpg (63KB, 239x635px) Image search: [Google]
Slyreadthat.jpg
63KB, 239x635px
>>385651076
>Joshua
>Think Tank
>bad characters
>>
>>385647787
>Scrap Metal
>Wrench
>Duct Tape
>Scrap Electronics
>Wonderglue
>Turpentine
>Broc Flower
>Cazador Poison Gland
>Jet
>Hammer
>Leather Belt

that's all the important loot. Turbo and Repair Kits.
>>
>>385637446
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45739/?
>>
>>385645595
it's weird, yeah. And the weirder thing is that the only time Karma is checked is when talking to Cass(she hates low karma) and in a couple ending slides.

Not sure why the system is there at all.
>>
File: Charisma_icon.png (8KB, 89x142px) Image search: [Google]
Charisma_icon.png
8KB, 89x142px
>>385651076
>Joshua
>Think tank
That's where you're wrong kiddo
>>
>>385639925
you can climb up the hill behind the goodsprings gas station and avoid a chunk of the cazadors. You get dumped in Chance's Grave(convenient, that weapon is crazy good for how early you can get it) and a single stealth boy from there gets you safely to that one huge open field with bighorners and giant mantises. Nothing really dangerous between that and Vegas.

I still like taking the main path because there's tons of useful skill books on the way.
>>
>>385638056
>bullet sponge enemies
You have no idea what a bullet sponge is do you? What about DR/DT?
>>
>>385644556
Yes but besides from like 1 perk and 1 companion interaction and the endings karma it self does nothing.
>>
>>385652304
to be fair some of the DLC enemies turn into bullet sponges if you're too high of a level, like Robo-scorpions.
>>
>>385652514
I didn't think so, but I guess I could see it. Any enemies added by Broken Steel in 3 are about as bullet spongy as you can get for Fallout.
>>
>>385648910
It might seem that way but I really do like NV, I just like listening to legitimate counterarguments as well as unintelligible raging for fun and to better understand NV and other games.
>>
>>385641038
>None of the personality that 3 had
Please, your making me laugh. Fallout 3's shitty green filter, its black and white characters, its horribly written senario's and characters arent anywhere close to The King, Caesar and House
>>
Invisible walls up the ass, I had potential sniper positions ruined by this.
>>
>>385650346
I liked the linear opening to NV because it was well thought through and helped you get on your feet, and there were actual choices along the way so it wasn't just a shooting gallery. I lost interest in Fallout 4 really fast because I felt like I was just taken from a melodramatic cut scene to a massive world where I had no sense of direction or purpose.
>>
>>385650682
Supposedly Fallout 2 was the first video game to depict gay marriage (lesbian)
>>
>>385638226
>Why have things degraded after 200 years?
>>
>>385652643
>Broken steel
Still not as bad Old world Blues.
The only problem with bullet sponges in Broken Steel was that the dlc bugged Fawkes and Dogmeat giving them 100,000 hp and making them unkillable.
>>
>>385651076
Ulysses was the worst, most edgy, 2deep4u character in any fallout game. Legit seemed like something written by an ansty emo teenager
>>
>>385641462
>>385641583
>>385641680
>>385641836
>>385641923
>>385642016
My god, this is one of the saddest exchanges I've ever seen on /v/.
>>
File: Clinic Run.jpg (224KB, 778x760px) Image search: [Google]
Clinic Run.jpg
224KB, 778x760px
>>385642227
Yup.
>>
>>385654352
I played Lonesome Road and I remember almost nothing from it, the only part I liked was the incorporation into the main story.
>>
File: also works.png (1MB, 777x760px) Image search: [Google]
also works.png
1MB, 777x760px
>>385654579
this also works, and gives you a nice knife.
>>
>>385651076
>Joshua and the think tank are shit.

Those are fighting words motherfucker.

You're completely right about Ulysses though. Fuck that dumb nigger.
>>
>>385647232
>>factions are black and white
>ncr made out to be good guys until you progress and find out how corrupt they are and that most people who follow know if the nrc keep pushing east that will be the end of them

I agree legion are pretty blsck and white mainly because of time restraints and they said they needed an enemy for everyone to rally against.
But
>you find out that the arizona and utah are just filled with tribals and raiders that Caesar put an end to by making them all follow him.
>>
>>385654579
>>385655156
Alternatively, you can just take the Hidden Valley shortcut and bypass enemies all together. It's longer but completely safe.
>>
File: 1487463045216.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1487463045216.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>385642210
> cazadors at lvl 1

Let's not
>>
File: 1490027760240.jpg (51KB, 800x634px) Image search: [Google]
1490027760240.jpg
51KB, 800x634px
>>385643117
> obligatory (you)
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.