[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikn beS0JpMc Your thoughts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Bethesda_Game_Studios_logo.svg.png (43KB, 1200x561px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda_Game_Studios_logo.svg.png
43KB, 1200x561px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknbeS0JpMc

Your thoughts, /v/?

I thought it brought up a lot of interesting points about Bethesda's ethic when it comes to developing RPG games, it's a nice summary of most of the things they're currently doing wrong with their recent titles.

>Build up your hype, say it's bigger and has more quantity than your past games
>Wither 3's team boasted their writers who were published authors and crime novelists
>Fallout 4's team had no such professionals, due to their team's small size, they didn't have a single person listed as "writer."
>>
>>385636594
>skyrim
>good
>>
>>385636594
why do they say their games are bigger when they are actively making them smaller?
>>
File: Capture.png (42KB, 726x254px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
42KB, 726x254px
>>
The games can never be good until they make the first step, which is actually becoming good programmers that understand the engine they are using.
>>
>>385636594
As autists go he was concise in his "Stop liking what I don't like" vid.
Well done and fuck off.
>>
>>385637048
People still enjoying a game is a shitty metric.
/v/ deals in bellyfeelz as the only valid metric.
>>
His last point using Witcher 3 as a game with a good story is laughable. The fact that they've hired 4 or 5 dedicated writers for their game didn't produce anything better than "muh Ciri" as opposed to Fallout 4's "muh Shaun". Granted the stories of Bethesda games has always been shit, that's why nobody plays their games for the story.
>>
>>385640530
The dlc was good though and the writing was good enough in the sidequests to hide the fact that they were pretty fetchy quests.
>>
One of his points was CDProjekt has 4 times the devs of Bethesda.
Considering CDProjekt has stated the Witcher series has brought in a billion dollars and Bethesda has multiple Billion dollar titles does this mean American devs are 4 times better than Slav(e)s?

The answer is yes.
>>
>>385636594
Anyone giving praise to Skyrim is retarded.
This game is single handedly responsible for killing triple A games and promoting open world meme.
It was also unfinished, buggy and full of reused assets.
>>
>>385641503
Imagine being mad like this buttmuncher.
>>
>>385641503
Sorry nobody likes your vid faggot.
>>
>>385636594
>Title
Their last three games have already been mediocre and/or bad RPGs.
>>
>>385636594
>6 ways to make Bethesda's next Open-World Game a Mediocre RPG
Well I guess going from fucking shit to mediocre would be better than nothing, baby steps and all.
>>
>>385642478
By what standards? Your flavor-of-the-month cinematic console shitshow?
>>
>>385642672
By the standard of open world games in general and open world RPGs in particular. I'd much rather play through other open world RPGs like Xenoblade Chronicles X or Witcher 3 than trudge through Todd Howard's feces.
>>
They already made Fallout 4
>>
>>385642161
Doesn't make it less right though.
Skyrim is probably most casul game in existence. Nintendo games for children are harder.
Hey, here is a marker on map where you need to go, also on your compass AND on your screen over the person/object if you're super retarded by any chance.
Not to mention literally everything about plot (be it main or sidequest) sucks ass and is probably written by 8 year old.
>>
>>385640530
yeah, the writing and combat critics of Bethesda suck. I don't play these games for either.
>>
>>385642798
>Witcher 3
First of all, Witcher 3 is less of an RPG than fucking Skyrim. Secondly the main story of Witcher 3 isn't better than any Bethesda game. And in terms of underwhelming bossfights it's a draw between Alduin and Eredin.
>>
>>385636594
>Open link
>"So if you've been NERDY enough to keep up with the NERD news-"
>Close link

Fuck 10 minutes of that shit.
>>
>>385642943
Are you complaining about quest markers? Because those existed before Skyrim and sandbox RPGs still use it in 2017, including all of your favourite ones.
>>
>>385636594
I think the part that ringed the most true was avoiding trying new things. The original Mama Murphy looked way more interesting.
>>
>>385643119
Didn't miss anything, dude sounded like a fucking codexfaggot.
>>
>>385643119
They usually take 4 or 5 hours to blabber on about how much they dislike Bethesda.
>>
>>385636594
>6 ways to make Bethesda's next Open-World Game a Mediocre RPG

So 6 ways for Bethesda to improve and finally produce a non-shit product?
How about dropping the nepotism and hiring capable workers, instead of this guy's cousin and that guy's brother in law, we are such a family, yey!
>>
Woah so suprised by Todd being Todd.
>>
>>385643308
>including all of your favourite ones
you don't know what i like
>>
>>385643781
Nearly every sandbox RPG uses quest markers so it's simply no argument.
>>
>>385643954
>nearly every sandbox RPG uses shit mechanics
gee great argument anon
>>
>>385643310
Yes because magical negroes hasn't been done to death.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.