[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World needs to sell five million units to break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Monster Hunter World.jpg (11KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter World.jpg
11KB, 299x169px
Monster Hunter World needs to sell five million units to break even. Considerably more to make a profit.

Capcom is really expecting this game to be a huge hit. Their projections are out of control.
>>
>>385635908
BREAKING NEWS: Capcom is retarded, this and more at eleven
>>
What's the highest selling game in the series?
What games in general have sold more than 5 million?

I'm genuinely curious. 5 million seems like a huge number for any game no matter how popular it is.
>>
>>385636101
>What's the highest selling game in the series?
Portable 3rd. Sold 4,9m if I remember correctly.
>>
>>385635908
>It's a movie tie-in
>>
>>385636101
Freedom United, I believe, sold like 4.9 million units. I don't believe the series has EVER cracked five million.

Keep in mind the only game on a console that even came close to two million was Tri on Wii.
>>
>>385636230
Its 4U iirc. Unless I confuse things and 4U is merely the best selling MH in the west to date.

>>385635908
When and where did they say that? I see this posted (only on /v/) from time to time, but where did they say that?
>>
>>385635908
If they make an ultimate version like they normally do it's not out of the question.
>>
>>385636438
4U was a huge success in the west, but it's still not the best selling title in the series.
>>
>>385636331
>>385636438
Portable 3rd sold 4,9m, Freedom Unite sold 3,7 and 4U sold 4,2m.
>>
>>385635908
Is this game going to be severely down down for the normalfag audiences on the multiplats?
>>
If Capcom advertises to the Souls fags, they could easily make 1m sales on PC alone.
>>
>>385635908

>AAA Title of a series that's already gigantic in Japan and still very well known in the west. That's being marketed and targeted towards the popular "semi-open world, dynamic combat and survival" audience on 3 major platforms.

If they don't fuck up their marketing they should be fine.
>>
File: mhsales.png (238KB, 580x836px) Image search: [Google]
mhsales.png
238KB, 580x836px
>>385636101
>>
>>385636961

This

I'd argue that Monster Hunter was more popular than Dark Souls before DS3 and DS3 has sold over 5 million over PS4, Xbone and PC.
>>
>>385637356
DS3 sold 5 million? Holy shit, I thought it was still a little niche.
>>
>>385636851
Only thing we can see that could be considered "dumbed down" so far is bug auto tracking after you find the monster and being able to change equipment during a hunt, but that looks like it was a decision made so you could stay in the world and keep hunting monsters after you finish your hunt. Also damage numbers which don't really bother me conceptually but they look like ass so I hope we can turn them off.
>>
>>385637520
DS3 is the best selling game made by FROM ever. Which is why it's ridiculous that people think FROM is actually done with Souls games.
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>385635908
>Expecting 5 Million for an MH title that isn't portable
>Capcom expected pic related to hit 2-4 million, and it couldn't even hit seven figures
>RE7 only now getting what Capcom wanted in initial sales
>SF5 has been stationary in sales for some time now
>MvCI already being torn apart by fans

Oh dear. This isn't going to end well...
>>
>>385637603
I believed them when they said they were done with Dark Souls games, but I'm sure they'll keep making souls like games
>>
>>385637768

Yeah, there's no fucking way they can end Dark Souls 3 DLC with "I'm going to paint a new world" and not expect to do something with it.
>>
>>385637642
Reminder that Capcom expects to sell over 10 million games this fiscal year
>>
File: 1498677323229.png (283KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498677323229.png
283KB, 1024x1024px
>>385635908
>Capcom is really expecting this game to be a huge hit. Their projections are out of control.

Naw fuck you and anyone who buys into that shit. Since capcom has been doing and stating that shit for ages.

Shit is just ploy to get corporate fanboys to buy as many new copies as possible, so they don't lose out on used copy sales as much, by guilt tripping them into thinking that a series they like may go away if it does not sell a bajilion new and unused copies.

So aside from that it is also businsess speak type bullshit to make it seem like they have a shit load of confidence in the product they have made so they poured a shit ton of money and need to sell a shit ton of copies to make its money back.

Shits stupid and espcially coming from capcom i would hope that by now you fags would recognize that these type of statements are just ploys to emotion control and manipulate both consumers and investers.

Shits dumb and who ever buys into that business speak bullshit after all this time, unless they are underageed which i guess can be excusable since they would not have gone through much of this before, must be some thick headed retards i swear.
>>
File: Monster Hunter Sales.jpg (99KB, 1201x403px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter Sales.jpg
99KB, 1201x403px
>>385637356
MH fucking buries Souls. MH3 and its expansions (P3rd, 3U) nearly broke 10 million.
>>
MH World only needs to break even because Capcom can milk the engine, animations, monster models and whatever else for the next 10 years
>>
File: Facetheface.jpg (7KB, 171x169px) Image search: [Google]
Facetheface.jpg
7KB, 171x169px
>>385638542
Just like Dragon's Dogma, right?
>>
>>385638626
No, like the first MH game whose animations were used for 13 years not to netion the countless differences between the two franchises but whatever this post is bait
>>
>>385639120
You're an idiot if you think they're replacing what they've been using for 10 years just because you said so.
>>
That brutal repeated slam attack for the hammer gave me a boner. Hopefully hammer can take it's place as KO king back this gen.
>>
>>385638386
>10 games outsold 3 games
WOW
>>
>>385639725
Looks like casualized trash to me. Angling your hammer so that your two blows and golfswing hits the head while it's moving back and forth required practice and timing, now you can't miss even if you tried.
>>
>>385637004
>If they don't fuck up their marketing they should be fine.

> Said series's popularity rested on local multiplayer
> Said title is on platforms that don't accommodate local multiplayer
> wasn't even noticed at E3 except for Nintendobros pissed at getting the shaft

Capcom is aiming to selling 10 million units between MHW, MvC:I, and other titles they're releasing by March 2018. I'm sure MHW will do alright, but 2.5 million is a massive stretch even if it's on a ton of platforms. 5 million is a pipedream.
>>
>>385635908
>source: my ass
>>
>>385638276
this, it's an age old trick. Sega was doing this shit on the Wii.
>if you don't buy Madworld and The Conduit you'll never see hardcore games on Wii ever again!
>>
>>385639725
Link?
>>
>>385640048
>hammer
>required practice and timing
>hammer
>practice
>timming
Hammerfags are some of the funniest people on earth, holy shit.
>>
>>385636438
They project that this plus MVCI can reach at least 8 mil. MVCI looks like crap.Ergo it needs to sell a lot.
>>
>>385636961
The pc release will probably be after the yearly earnings in march. So it won't matter.
>>
I will support
>>
>>385637217
Yet somehow it will sell better on the ps4 in japan the country of portable and mobile it sell over 1 mill i will await my surprise cause either way i will be surprise cause the number of sales i am thinking is will not be reached.
>>
>>385636032
This. Remember, DMC 4 underperformed, leading to DmC:DMC:dmc, which also underperformed.
>>
>>385635908
>Monster Hunter World needs to sell five million units to break even.
says who
>>
>Monster Hunter World needs to sell five million units to break even.
>Considerably more to make a profit.
If it needs to sell five million to make a profit doesn't it need to sell five million and one copies to make a profit?
>>
>>385638276
>Shit is just ploy to get corporate fanboys to buy as many new copies as possible
Not at all. Resi 6 sold however many fucking millions of copies and they outright said it under-performed, and it pushed them to go back to survival horror. When Capcom say it, they mean it.
>>
I how love you can attribute any statement to Capcom and people will just believe it.
>>
>>385644238
Your literally correct, but your retarded
>>
>>385645323
I how love you too :3
>>
>>385645463
delete this
>>
>>385638386
>Tri
>2.22
The fuck?
>>
>>385643191
>I've never played hammer: the post
>>
>>385635908
Never played MH but what I seen of this looks like Dark Souls. I'll probably check it out and I cant be alone.
>>
Source?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.