[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zodiac age thread? I think I've broken this game, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: FFXII-Zodiac-Age-JP-Cover.png (85KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
FFXII-Zodiac-Age-JP-Cover.png
85KB, 187x250px
Zodiac age thread? I think I've broken this game, I'm almost at archadia but I have almost 100k gil and my job boards maxed out from abusing trial mode saving. Luckily it doesn't effect your level, but I still feel increadibly OP.
>>
The whole game is a breeze in the remaster but as long as you don't use any of the hidden OP equipment like the Seitengrat Bow then Zodiark, Yiazmat, Ultima, and the Behemoth King should give you somewhat of a challenge.
>>
>>385629167
>Never heard of that bow, so google
>Requires invisible chests, a one percent spawn rate, and opening said chest roght in a particular npc animation.
>235 attack
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>385629005
>I think I've broken this game
Start a weak mode playthrough.
>>
>>385630089
Interesting. What does a weak mode playthrough entail?

I also just realised I made this thread without posting my method. Fund a spot with a zone entrance near a save crystal, and quit to menu. Load the game in trial mode and in the first area run up the stairs to the left and grab the diamond armlet, then finish the first floors, takes about 5 minutes with fast forward on, when it promopts you to save make a new file. As soon as the second set starts (gigantoad) quit to menu and load the trial mode save regularly. Grab the crystal to heal anybody hurt, reload the area to auto save, rinse and repeat. Each armlet gets you 6k, so after 10 runs or an hour of playtime you'll have 60k and roughly 900 job points.
>>
>>385629005
100k gil is nothing.
equip at least 2 character with that accessory that converts LP to gil, then do a trial mode.
you'll get to millions in no time.
>>
>>385630827
Beat trial mode. Game asks you to start a new file in weak mode, where you can't level up. Nothing else is changed, but your characters are permanently stuck at level 1.
>>
Hijacking thread for a bit.

Played XII when I was a kid and liked it a lot but never got too far. Never played X/X2.

Both are remastered on PS4. Which should I play first? Which is better?

Also never finished VII but never liked it much, even in the 90's
>>
>>385633348
well it's always better to get both.
but if you're dead set on picking one. pick the one you know you like.
>>
>>385633480
Good point. I'm poor as fuck, so both eventually, but just one for the immediate future. The only thing with that is that XII is, what, $50? And X/X2 is only $20 right now, yeah? It's a factor.

But you're right - I'd most likely enjoy revisiting what bit of XII I remember, and seeing the rest of it. The swashbuckling British guy with the Playboy Bunny companion was badass.
>>
>>385630075
it's just a hidden dev weapon, who cares?
>>
why buy it when it's just IZJS with a second job to make the already brokenly easy game with the job system even easier?
>>
How does Trial Mode actually work
>>
>>385633348
X/X2 is about $20 most places, yeah. Goes on sale digitally for that (when it goes on sale) too. I'd recommend that over XII anyway. More content, objectively so, and a more traditionally FF system.
>>
>>385629005
>ff xv
>60 hours
>still poor as fuck
>but level 10 fishing which is good
>>
>>385633629
Just remember that the PS$ version has fucked up RNG as in it doesn't exist. You will always firght the same battles and enemies will use the same moves in a fight and you will always miss an attack if you are slated to miss that attack. I don't think they fixed it either amigo. Still good though.
>>
>abusing trial mode saving
Do tell?
>>
>>385633629
XII is the best FF as far as rpg mechanics are concerned. X is a pretty basic turned based rpg.
if you are poor you can just pirate X
>>
>>385634823
in trial mode, some enemies have rare items to steal.
each stage gets auto-saved.
enter stage, steal, if you don't get the rare item, pause, quit, reload, retry.
>>
how are you meant to get through new game -?
>>
>>385629005
I don't understand what quickenings are I don't know which one of the 3 to choose?
Do the ones that cost lower LP do less damage or something?

How do I know what abilities to buy on the board? Like, they tell me what they are but most don't go in to detail about anything (do they stack, how much attack or magic does it boost, etc.)

Sometimes my teammates don't use their gambits I assigned, like I picked below 30% health and a cure but even and after a battle I'll be at 10% health and then I'll have to manually heal myself 1 at a time
>>
>>385636114
>Damage done is equal to a random number between 1 and the power of the Quickening multiplied by a random number between 1 and the character's Strength. Thus, a character with 50 Strength using a level 2 Quickening will do random damage between 1 and 7000.
Quickenings are the worst. I'll usually do around an 8 chain and it'll do like 100 damage for all the work
>>
I accidentally came across a super powerful invisible bow on one of the airship rides.
Now Fran is completely wrecking every single living thing.
>>
>>385634686
You get mad money from the wyvern hunting quest since the mats they drop sell for a lot.
Only way i managed to stock up for the post game dungeons.
>>
>>385630075
You werent supposed to get
>>
>>385629167
Did they change wither and expose so they don't stack anymore? Those make the late game bosses pretty easy in IZJS.
>>
>>385634823
>>385635079
While that method is certainly useful, what I personally did is >>385630827
>>
Reverse + lure destroyed most of the important fights
>>
I think I made a huge mistake. I gave everyone white mage as second job because I thought it would be nice if they could heal / dispel.
>>
>>385630075
Worst of all, there is a way to manipulate RNG and get it with a 100% chance and takes less than 10minutes to do it.
>>
>>385637920
How is it possible to be this fucking stupid?
>>
>>385637920
This aint FF7. I mean, it was, but then they fixed it.
>>
File: 1458950541521.jpg (321KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1458950541521.jpg
321KB, 960x1280px
>tfw gave up after five hours of trying to get Seitengrat with no luck.
>>
>>385638628
Try this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xQHeDOX4SAc&feature=youtu.be
>This is the RNG manipulation method I meant in >>385637965
>>
>>385638628
Seitengrat isn't worth it in my opinion. Great Trango + Gendarme shield= ridiculous strength AND defense, and they're both way less frustrating to get.
>>
>>385630075
It's a dev weapon you're not supposed to get. There are 3 of them iirc
>>
>>385630075
>Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

It was a weapon for the developers to use during programming. You were never actually meant to get it, which is why there's no model for it when equipped (it's literally invisible) and why there's a 1/100000 chance of you getting it without RNG manipulation.
>>
>>385638740
If that's the one I think it is it's a huge fucking hassle and it's not even 100% guaranteed, the gook in the video is retarded. Using Recks at the start and cure maipulation on a different save is the best way of making sure you align the rng perfectly, it takes 5 minutes from start to finish if you're doing it for the first time and it's 100% guaranteed.
>>
>>385639463
It's the Reks method man.
>>
>trial mode gives you a LOT of OP weapons so much early on

jesus
>>
>>385639029
>>385639247
Ahhh, my mistake then, I assumed we were talking about "superweapons you can get early if you know this trick" not "developer god killers your never supposed to see"
>>
>>385633348
You could play both X and X-2, but you're not missing a whole lot if you skip the latter. There's a lot of stupid bullshit you need to do in order to hit 100% and the game as a whole is boring. This is coming from someone who got 100% in X and is currently working on the same for X-2.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btCv66OrAqQ

literally god
>>
>>385639569
Oh ok, then it works yeah. Like a week ago I saw a video by that guy and he was doing some really fucking retarded shit being adament it would work 100% of the time while completely ignoring people could start in different places in the rng table.
>>
>>385639828
Yeah I saw those ones too.
Looks like the guy noticed.
>>
>>385630827
There's really no point to doing that though. Playing normally you will fill your boards and have plenty of gil for everything.
>>
>>385638740
whoi the fuck has the time to check all of that
>>
>>385640042
The FF12 community had(and still has) some really dedicated RNG manipulators
>>
>trial mode gives you every single best dev items
>>
>>385634686
For Gil, look at the Timed Quests.

Completing these rewards you with QP, which you can trade for insane amounts of Gil - you can get something like 200k for completing one 15-minute timed hunt.
>>
>>385640042
For people who are into that kind of thing, it's pretty fun. Normally you're not "checking" everything to see what works, you have the number tables and you know what actions tick changes in it and the probabilities of things so you can do the calculations without even being in the game if you have all the information.
>>
>>385640546
so ysome people hacked the game and are looking at a hex grid or what
>>
Is there a way to restart dev mode? I'm getting destroyed at about level 15 but it's obnoxious to load the game, save it and then restart trial mode because you have to go through a few loading screens. I'd much rather just get my ass handed to me and then immediately restart when I fail.
>>
>>385640593
Something like that. The way the game dishes out "random" numbers is by reading them off a table of previously drawn numbers, the table is a game asset and it's always the same and the same action always moves your place in the table the same amount. The table is obviously huge but if you find where you are on it you can predict where it goes. This is pretty complicated when there is action going on, or npcs or anything really.. but if it's just one character with absolutely nothing around casting cures for example, it becomes simple.
>>
I'm at Phon Coast heading to Archades currently. Are there any interesting optional/RNG items I should go back and look for? I feel like messing around with cool equipment.
>>
Best party set up

Vaan-Shikari/Foebraker
Basch- bushi/ Timebattlemage
Ashe- White mage/ knight
Penelo - Monk/ Black mage
Balthier - Machinist/ uhlan
Fran- Red battlemage- archer
>>
Who should i give the rare monster trophies to?
>>
>>385631335
how do you win?
staying at level one is going to get you fucking killed unless ALL the fucking enemies are level one too.
>>
>>385643980
You still get lp
>>
>>385643980
Everything important isn't level-related.
And guns are seriously good in NG-
>>
What are some trials worth doing for items?
>>
when you finish Zodiac Age is there any kind of load into a post game or NG+? Or is it just that you can load your last save file before the final boss and back track to optional stuff?
>>
>>385644834
God you are fucking stupid, there are several different types of play you can try after this game is finished.
>>
>>385637493

Aww, I hope not. I found Yiazmat in the original version but not in IZJS. I was looking forward to pounding him and Omega with breaks in Zodiac Age.
>>
>>385643069
Get the cudgel from cerobi steppe when you get there. It's a very weak weapon but it 100% inflicts disease and sap. It's fun plus it will be quite useful for the very last trial level.
>>
>>385643479
Look up the rewards and choose what you want. Getting a second Genji Glove there is pretty much the best choice but you can get whatever you want.
>>
>>385645252
yaz mat was a reference to the original director so im sure they wouldnt remove him.
>>
File: 1405302434732.jpg (39KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1405302434732.jpg
39KB, 500x283px
>mfw finished RNG grinding cerobi steppe and I can finally get back to playing the actual game
>>
>>385643980
You still get board upgrade and equipment which are the real game changers. I wish there was a trophy for completing the trials in weak mode. Why have achievements if you're going to use them for shit like "walk 500 steps" and "play the game for 20 minutes" instead of.. actual achievements, things that are difficult to do.
>>
>>385645480

Yeah I know, I was commenting on what the guy I quoted said, about breaks possibly not stacking in the Zodiac Age.
>>
Finally got all 6 party members together, time to sit around for 3 hours looking at the boards and deciding everyone's jobs
>>
>>385645648
Breaks stack the same.
>>
>>385645570
Did you seriously grind all the chests? You know you can use cure manipulation to get the stuff easily right?
>>
>>385645105
>there are several different types of play you can try after this game is finished.
Elaborate?
>>
>>385644484
are you talking about trial mode?
if so, stage 49 is good cus you can steal a ribbon from Hasmal (equip thiefs cuffs)
also, stage 50, you can steal a wyrmhero blade from famfrit.
you can also steal a zodiac spear from a mantis at stage 62
>>
>>385645820
You can suck a fucking dick for one.

Did you just mindlessly buy this remaster without looking at the new feature list in whole?
>>
>>385645887
I bought it for the job system and 4x speed. I tried to replay ff12 last year but it was so slow

So yes
>>
File: 1445723010365.gif (155KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1445723010365.gif
155KB, 331x331px
>>385645803

That was with the cure trick
>>
>>385629005
the image was so poorly detailed that i thought it said 'zodiac ass'
>>
>>385645981
4x speed doesnt seem worth it right now to me, if thats all you wanted was a speed up you could have just gotten the izjs iso and used the english patcher to then play this on you computer.

But yeah theres weak mode and several other things, weak mode was an effort by the dev to make people think more tactically and conservatively with their items. google the full list of upgrades, but yes there are things to do afterwards, though from what i know there is no item carry over.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.