[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, but can we legit get a Sonic 06 thread going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg (201KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg
201KB, 1280x1024px
I'm sorry, but can we legit get a Sonic 06 thread going? Do you guys remember when this game first dropped? I bought a fucking Playstation 3 for this game, I was so excited. I thought it was going to be the best Sonic game ever. Remember that theme music? I was so excited; I think Sonic 06 was the first time I truly got burned on a game release. It was so fucking bad.

COME ON AND LIGHT THE FUSE
HE'S A ROCKET AND HE'S READY TO GO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoH0E24WNFs
>>
>>385624268
All sonic games are fucking trash apart from Sonic Advance. 06 deserves it's spot as one of the most reviled games even among the extremely autistic and faggoty sonic fanbase.
>>
>>385624326
I was a pretty big fan of Adventure 1 and 2, and while they aged really poorly, I think they're fun to play.

That being said, Advance was decent at best imo. It did nothing new or interesting. It's weird that you chose that game as the exception of all things.
>>
>Tfw bought it for the 360 in like 08 and 100%ed it
Its my curse to play shit games.
>>
I think it's weird how this game is so hated and made fun of, but Sonic and the Secret Rings was largely ignored. That game is far worse than 06.
>>
It's on par with SA1 in how enjoyable it is by virtue of being bad
>>
>>385624773
Sonic 06 generated more hype
>>
>>385624773
Rings was shit, but functional shit. It wasn't broken to the point of:
In World Map -> LOADING SCREEN -> TALK TO MAN -> LOADING SCREEN -> GET KILLED IN BULLSHIT MISSION -> LOADING SCREEN -> MAN TALKS AGAIN -> LOADING SCREEN -> Back in world map.

Makes me angry just thinking about it.
>>
>>385624773
That game was fucking stupid, you were always stuck running forward and had to unlock all of the basic abilities and controls. As a kid I thought Heroes and Shadow were acceptable, but Secret Rings killed the Sonic fan in me.
>>
>>385624961
That was bad, but a lot of it was optional. SatSR was broken worse than 06. Worst controls in a game I've ever experienced.
>>
File: 1499280434599.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499280434599.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>385625062
I don't really remember that being the case, but the last time I did play Rings was in like '08. I'll emulate it on my wii to check it out again.
>>
>>385625059
pretty much the same with me. When I was a kid I though Heroes and Shadow were mediocre but playable. Later on 06 and Secret Rings made me lose faith in Sonic games. But Unleashed's day levels partly restored my faith, along with colors and generations. Looking forward to Mania, too.
>>
Sonic Heroes > Shadow the Hedgehog > SA1 > 06 > SA1
>>
>>385625220
I honestly enjoyed the fuck out of Heroes as a kid. Yeah, it was one of my first PS2 games so I'm probably a little biased, but it didn't have any glaring flaws.

Even today I'd say it's aged a hell of a lot better than Adventure 1/Shadow at least.
>>
>>385625231
>>385625337
>my niggas
Only good 3D sonic
>>
File: Jesus_and_Sonic.jpg (909KB, 859x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_and_Sonic.jpg
909KB, 859x1155px
>>385624268
I played through the first couple of stages again a few weeks back. The game is a legit hilarious trainwreck, but there are traces of a good design underneath.

Here's the first level for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEEpQwQhKE

There's nothing obviously terrible about the first 90 seconds of gameplay, except for the times where the camera suddenly changes and you're expected to know what direction to push the analog stick. Playing is another story because character movement was programmed poorly. Everything is generally unimpressive though, in comparison to Sonic Adventure, for what was supposed to be a "next gen" game.

From 1:45-2:45 is the Tails section. Tails was clearly totally unfinished. He should be holding a weapon and firing it, but I guess they didn't have time to model Tails holding a weapon, or rockets, or explosions, so instead he throws a ring that explodes into rings. Meanwhile Sonic is hanging onto a killer whale that is moving towards an open gate at about 1 mph. This would have been epic if he was moving quickly across a long distance.

Everything seems designed as if the world was meant to be 10 times bigger than it is in the full game. Everyone controls twitchy as if they were supposed to travel massive distances, but they couldn't get large environments/draw distances into the game's engine in time, and everything had to be scaled down.

Then there's the RPG sections which were seemingly scripted in notepad. The game was way too ambitious for a 2006 multiplatform launch window game, but it could have been glorious if it was done competently. Unfortunately Sega will never understand this and make 2D throwbacks and unambitious boost games from now on.
>>
>>385625337
>>385625782
Heroes is easily mechanically the most fun game out of that era of 3D sonic. Main issue I have with it is the fact that you need to replay it 4 times, however if you take breaks after each team it's not that daunting. SA1 hasn't aged well, but it's still a good time, at least better than SA2 in my opinion. The downgraded and overdrawn treasure sections alongside the dull mech stages ruin SA2 for me. Shadow was a shitty game, but it was unintentionally hilarious and actually worth playing to the end, it's not like it was all bad anyways.
>>
>>385626483
The mach speed sections are ridiculous, but could have been fun if the steering wasn't so twitchy. The whole "Sonic with homing attacks" concept could be decent with mouse/gyro aiming.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.