[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A commercial success or not? I did't really pay any attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: bundle1.jpg (38KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
bundle1.jpg
38KB, 610x361px
A commercial success or not?

I did't really pay any attention to the launch.
>>
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=nintendo+switch+sales
>>
>>385613023

Doing incredible numbers? No. Success? Yes, so far. But to a lot of people here, if it's not the former then it is a complete failure.
>>
still no games
>>
too early to say
>>
>>385613023
It's a success, but it's hindered by stock issues. By this time, the PS4 and Xbone had a lot more units shipped than the Switch. Despite that issues it still manages to beat the Xbone in Western countries, and its big releases have all surpasses a million copies sold. Even Capcom was surprised by how well USF2 sold.

I think the stock issue is a good thing. What Nintendo should do is relaunch the Switch for the holidays. Unlike launch, the Switch will have plenty of heavy hitters in its library, and Nintendo should capitalize on there being more games than just Zelda.

As for my personal opinion on the console, I don't own one, but I do own a Vita. I think its bizarre that Nintendo went with a really bad idea for online communication when even the Vita had the standard online features that were standardized by the Xbox 360. That's really my only qualm with the system. Nintendo did change the Classic Selection service because of backlash, so I can see them change the Switch's online infrastructure due to backlash as well. The voice chat app has a feedback section, so you can express your negativity directly to Nintendo through that. Tell them that these features should be accessible through the system itself without the app. If there's one thing /v/ shouldn't stop bitching at, it's how basic online features are handled on the Switch.
>>
>>385613023
They are selling as much as they can produce so I doubt they are losing any money on it.
>>
So far it's doing good, but it's too early to say. The Wii U looked good three months after launch too and look how that turned out.
>>
OP

5 million units sold

Around 150k units per avarge week
How many weeks are left

Black Friday + Christmas approaching

Couldnt and still cant handle demand in Japan and America and in few europeans countries

Has allready sold 1/3 of the Wii U base in 4 months

So yes so far everything is good
>>
>>385613640
>By this time, the PS4 and Xbone had a lot more units shipped than the Switch
The PS4 and Xbone were also released during the holiday season, while the Switch was launched in early Spring. I'd say it's doing pretty fucking well for itself.

>>385615721
The Wii U sold about 3.5 million in the first 4 months, while the Switch has sold at least 1.5-2 million more.
>>
>>385613023
Not sure, but all of my friends bought it for Zelda and now it collects dust. Assume there will be a big used market soon.
>>
>>385615983

This and the Wii U was sold before Black Friday and Christmas and shipped around 30k every week after Dceember. Meanhwile Switch sold in most cases more than 150k per week
>>
>>385613023
so is this more like "next gen" or "slim wii u"?

i am completely out of the loop
>>
>>385616583
>>385615839
>>385613640

You're compairing a handlheld with a home console.
The most fair thing is putting Switch sales near 3DS sales.
>>
Thus far it's highly in demand and seems to largely have great approval from its owners, but the NAND shortage is killing availability, which is already dulling its current sales (can't meet demand) and could have an impact on long-term momentum if it isn't resolved by the holiday season.
>>
Falling between 3DS and WiiU sales, leaning a little more toward 3DS in Japan.
>>
>>385616827
>so is this more like "next gen" or "slim wii u"?

Basically a slim almost xbone or PS4. Its substantially stronger than the Wii U but not quite as strong as the others. On the other hand, it's also usable as a portable system, which is a feature the others can't really touch.

As always, it's really about the first party lineup. Third parties are showing interest of course, but you won't be seeing the AAA games that are really pushing consoles to their limits on the Switch.
>>
>>385616827
It's a new console entirely.
>>
>>385613023
It's an utter flop, can't even outsell a 4 year old console
>>
File: 1500346803839.png (109KB, 125x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500346803839.png
109KB, 125x300px
>>385617668
>console that is targeting normalfags with multiplats and the occasional exclusive
>the other is targeting Nintendo fans with Nintendo games
>he is surprised thats its falling behind it
>>
>>385617668
>>385617941
These posts are absolute stupidity
>>
>>385613023
Saw it on the shelf. Had money in wallet. Didn't buy it.
>>
>>385617941
>implying Nintendo fans aren't normalfags
>>
test

(dont reply to this)
>>
>>385618460
Good choice. Otherwise you'd be here in the Switch support group thread where you talk about all the no games you're playing and trying to convince yourself and others that it was a good choice.
>>
File: 1485146656509.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1485146656509.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>>385618460
You're truly an inspiration to retards everywhere, coming out in public like this.
>>
>>385617095
Probably because a major selling point of the portable feature is the ability to go local with two players. AAA games are mostly single player cinematic games, which does not work well with such a feature.
>>
>>385613023
A success but it's hard not to be when your fanbase is Disney levels of delusion and you sell all your peripherals for the better part of a hundred fucking dollars.
>>
>>385618602
THIS IS NOW A JOKER THREAD

1 NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
>>385618602
>test post
why not just admit you're ban evading
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.