[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why CoD4 was one of the est games of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Can someone explain to me why CoD4 was one of the est games of the 2006-2010 era, but once the released Modern Warfare Remastered it didn't get nearly as much hype or players?
>>
>>385599831
the remaster was a shitty port
>>
>>385599831
>Can someone explain to me why CoD4 was one of the est games of the 2006-2010 era
It wasn't

>once the released Modern Warfare Remastered it didn't get nearly as much hype or players?
Because it was tied to that shitty future game that I can't even be bothered to remember the name of.
>>
>>385599831

Because it was only playable if you bought a shittier game.

Should've done the smart thing and sold it separately.
>>
>>385599999
>>
>>385600074
Tru.
>>
>>385599831
Until recently it was tied to Infinite Warfare. Also DLC and supply drop Jewry.
>>
>>385599948
No it wasn't, it was a great port. Where they fucked up was after remaking a classic they started dumping shit that wasn't in the original into the remaster so now it half resembles the game you remember from 2007.
>>
>>385599831
It was the tie-in video game for Black Hawk Down we always wanted.
>>
>>385599831
Literally the worst map design I have ever seen in a shooter. Leaves no room for strategy because anyone could shoot you from fucking anywhere no matter where you are. There's always at least 3-4 places the enemy can be and all of them have you in their line of sight at all times. Fucking maddening playing this game and I REALLY regret buying it. Jesus fucking christ, you know your game is garbage when the only game mode that doesn't piss you off is that retarded prop hunt mode.

Also,
>one attachment

Incredible.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 354x500px
>>385599831
>Can someone explain to me why Resident evil 2 was one of the est games of the 1998-2000 era, but once they released Resident Evil 2 on Gen 6 it didn't get nearly as much hype or players
>>
File: 1474591185922.jpg (28KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474591185922.jpg
28KB, 300x280px
One attachment per gun is an underappreciated mechanic. Makes people have to choose between a sight or silencer instead of both, obviously the shitters go with the red dot sight because ironsights give them cancer so they're constantly a red dot on the map. The maps vary in my opinion, all the middle eastern maps are terrible but the rest like Bloc & Overgrown are the toppest tier of all time.
>>
>>385601754
>>385601357
>>
>>385601357

Cod4 featured mainly 3-lane maps with predictable routes so perhaps you should just git gud?
>>
>>385599831
>bonus to the game everyone disliked before release (and after)
>$80 until just recently
>released with only 10 maps
>no balance changes, helis and jugger are still OP, as well as martyrdom exists
>all to be as faithful as possible
>once they release remaining stock maps, they suddenly release loot crates and new weapons (no one asked for), even though they didn't change a thing with old stuff
>PC port is abysmal
>paid map pack DLC, which used to be free on PC and is actually more expensive than it is on PS3 and 360
>low player count
>once it's standalone, the new CoD game gets released in less than 6 months
If you're on PC, you're better off playing original CoD4.
>>
>>385602093
>3 lane maps
I'm glad you admitted not knowing what you're talking about.
>>
>>385599831

because the remaster shat on the corpse you fucking retarded child

cod4 had dedicated servers, and mod support

remaster have any of that? LOL no.

fuck off
>>
Its not fast enough, even on max sens it doesnt move fast enough (obviously on console)
>>
>>385602572
remaster has bots tho
>>
>>385602631
No players though.
>>
I only enjoy sniping in cods but when i do i do enjoy it
>>
>>385602668
That's why there's bots.
>>
File: 1468304411881.png (50KB, 282x424px) Image search: [Google]
1468304411881.png
50KB, 282x424px
>>385602794
>>
>>385599831
>Can someone explain to me why CoD4 was one of the est games of the 2006-2010 era
It was but it also came at a time when gaming was undergoing massive changes. It was pretty much the game that symbolized the changes the industry was going towards in a way. Youngfags won't realize this but games like Oblivion, CoD4 and so on were some of the first few games that started popularizing DLC. CoD4 was pretty much the game that popularized the modern FPS we know today. Not Halo as some will have you believe. That franchise got completely usurped once MW2 came along. Halo 3 was at least competitive but it should have been the franchises swan song.

>but once the released Modern Warfare Remastered it didn't get nearly as much hype or players?
This is because CoD4 is the game that started the CoD formula. CoD fans don't care to go back. Only die hards of certain ones will ever go back and play them. This serious appeals to the most casual of casuals. It is as dudebro as you can get. CoD fans want new CoD games. Not old ones. The cry for MW type games isn't for old MW games. It is for yearly new (key word on new) MW games.

closing statements:
MW is basically the symbolic game of the industry taking a turn for the worst. It isn't a bad game. It may even be a great game. It is a historically and very relevant game in the history of gaming. But it is also a cancer that has done more harm then good. So in retrospect a lot of people are thinking to themselves "perhaps this game wasn't really that great. The new CoD's are better." Or also they simply never cared as much as Activision thought they would care because of what I said previously. This is going to happen more and more with tons of games released in 2007 and after just you watch. Games stopped being about fun and became more about mass marketing, hype, dollar over quality, etc. Pretty much everything negative you can think of is what gaming has become.
>>
>>385602973
>This serious appeals to the most casual of casuals.

I meant series. I know there is other spelling errors but you get the picture. Oldfag here who has been playing games since the early 90's when he was still in diapers. To keep this post shorter, 2007 was a huge turning point in gaming. MW is one of the key games in that turning point.
>>
File: 1373471967799.jpg (26KB, 363x507px) Image search: [Google]
1373471967799.jpg
26KB, 363x507px
>>385602794
Why would anyone want to play a multiplayer game against bots instead of real people?

Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.