[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any hope it'll be good now? Development has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 21

File: bloodstained.png (3MB, 1916x1055px) Image search: [Google]
bloodstained.png
3MB, 1916x1055px
is there any hope it'll be good now? Development has been seriously troubled.
>>
probably not but oh well. hopefully the netflix show gets konami to make some new classic style CVs.
>>
>>385588698
Definitely.
Inti-creates was the whole problem in the first place and they are fucking sacked as of last year.
And the last demo that was shown in June was leagues better than the first one last year.
If anything it's all starting to look up for the game.
>>
>>385588698
The fact that Inti-creates-shit has been thrown out shows that IGA is on top of things and is trying to make a good game. I'll probably be good but I'm not sure of it being great
>>
>>385589543
It already feels like a GBA-NDS Castlevania game.
That is all I was hoping for.
The only way they can fuck this up right now is if it is ridiculously short and linear.
>>
>>385589105
>>385589543

well im glade they canned that shit company
i feel like its too far along to fix some thing but maybe we can get lucky
>>
>>385589765
Like what would they fix?
Your opinion on aesthetic?
Plays like a late era Castlevania and that is what the game was marketed as.
All they can "fix" is artistic direction.
I personally like the dollhouse/stage play/diorama look it is going for.
>>
>>385589765
It's my understanding that the Inti-creates thing happened some time last year, right?

If that's the case, with another delay (which is inevitable, right?) it should be fine. Development time on a game like this shouldn't be as long as it already has been. They already have a lot of it done I imagine, but they can go back and fix anything broken (most people are just bitching about shaders and detail) and go forward with that image in mind.

That said, the track record of kickstarted games isn't great. As someone who put in $500, I wouldn't hold my breath on this being great.
>>
File: iga has new friends.jpg (353KB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
iga has new friends.jpg
353KB, 1278x718px
>>
>>385589956
>with another delay (which is inevitable, right?)
They aren't delaying the initial game. It comes out about 20% through next year.
It's using a Shovel knight release schedule.
Initial game without the stretch goal released then everything like boss rush and extra characters released later.
>>
>>385589979
I had never heard of Dico, but I looked at their portfolio and their games look cute.

This is really their first major project, so I hope they do a good job. Sometimes these unknowns can come out of no where and make a name for themselves. Also their website is Dico4u, so they're probably big guys.
>>
>>385590281
>I had never heard of Dico, but I looked at their portfolio and their games look cute.

Mobile game devs. Which scares me. I mean, replace Inti-Creates with another dev who seems shit?
>>
>>385590232
Yeah, I know that's what they've said, I don't know that I buy it. That may be enough time, but it depends on the level of rework. I'm not saying they can't stick to the schedule, he might and it may work fine, but he strikes me as a perfectionist. Being a perfectionist and a game dev is fucking hell.
>>
They have no set release date, even though it's supposed to come out in 1 year.

Meaning they don't know if it'll be done. Meaning a delay is highly likely.
>>
Didn't back the KS but I've always felt Iga is at least capable at handling gameplay so at the very least it should be as good as the handheld Castlevanias if the demos are any indication. The delay is unfortunate but another thing Iga was good at while at Konami was maximizing resources when working on the games, something he is lacking on right now since everything is being built from ground up.
>>
>>385588698
>is there any hope
It's still early to tell how the final product will end up. But there is no doubt hope for what it's worth. no doubt hope.
And from the demos, even the game is kind of ugly visually. The gameplay does feel right.

And being right in the middle of replaying Dawn of Sorrow. I am pretty damn excited.
I really hope it ends up great. It being ugly I can easily look past, so I really hope the rest ends up golden.
>>
>>385588698
I spent 200 dollars on this shit.
>>
>>385590572
Well, he had a lot of things working in his favor at Konami since he was able to reuse tons of assets. From my understanding, Inti had no idea what it was doing in Unreal which is a pretty big deal when that's your fucking engine. Hoping that he hasn't spent much money at inti (sadly, I bet he did) maybe Dico can go back and fix and create things more to his vision, and he may have gotten a good deal since it's their first big project.
>>
>>385589543
>The fact that Inti-creates-shit has been thrown out shows that IGA is on top of things and is trying to make a good game
It feels a bit sketchy that it only took them until now to clarify that IC isnt developing it, but I cant tell if IGA is trying to defend them or what. They're clearly incompetent when it comes to Unreal Engine 3 games so it makes me think if they were the problem with MN9 on top of Inafune's ego.
>>
>>385590963
I am fairly certain that Inti is still doing the little prequel game. That being the case, he probably doesn't want to shit talk the dev of a product that he is still releasing. Even if that wasn't the case, he is going to use content they created without a doubt, so why would he want to cast doubt on the original dev and by extension himself?

He probably wanted it to be as covert as possible. He's pretty smart for someone who isn't a businessman/conman.
>>
>>385590963
>but I cant tell if IGA is trying to defend them or what.

The CM explained that:

>Part of the vagueness is to avoid unneeded attention and negative speculation.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/25/inti-creates-no-longer-involved-main-development-bloodstained/#ux4Ejc6Hyi4OwpgI.99
>>
File: 0A9XNU01.jpg (72KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
0A9XNU01.jpg
72KB, 600x447px
>>385591208
>He's pretty smart for someone who isn't a businessman/conman.

He's been a producer since 2001, and he founded a company in 2014. He's a businessman.
>>
If Iga and Inafune hired Inti to make a 2D 3DS games, MN9 and BS would have turned out great.
>>
>>385591324
Please don't say that. He may own a business, but he's a game dev until he releases the game and it's shit.
>>
>>385590791
How did the two demo's strike you?
>>
>>385591612
There were two demos? I only have the first (I assume) that had the tit monster.
>>
>>385591208
Yeah, Inti is still working on the 2D sidescroller. Its just that it felt weird that they probably would have went on saying nothing if nobody mentioned it. It also makes me wonder how badly development was going before DICO had to take over.
>>
>>385588698
I think it'll play well but visually look like garbage.

They probably should've sped up character movement a bit. It's pretty much the same as the 2D games, but it looks a bit floaty and slow in 3D.
>>
>>385591486

Nothing wrong with being a businessman. Pretty common for devs to break away from the home company, to make some new company. Countless smaller companies were made from Konami and Capcom. As long as the devs are still involved in game making, I see no problem with them dabbling a bit on the businessisde.

Shinji Mikami is a "buisnessman" too, since he co-founded Tango studios.
>>
>>385590331
Dico claims to have more substantial experience with Unreal Engine, unless it's the other company they hired that I'm thinking of.
>>
>>385592057

That's Dico, but I'm not sure WHERE they would have gotten that experience. Their games are all mobile, which would have been Unity or something like that.

Monobit is the other company, and they work on procedural generation of assets, like rocks, and broken walls.
>>
>>385591862
There was a second demo at E3 this year featuring a piece of the castle and a boss inspired by Elizabeth Bathory. I'm not aware of that demo coming to home consoles/Steam.
>>
File: 1458778474670.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1458778474670.png
129KB, 314x278px
I've always thought that Inti-Creates has a pretty good track record, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst is pretty damn good.

Are they just garbage at 3D games/engines?
>>
>>385592023
I'm just messin' my dude. People always post a picture of Inafune with the Occupation: Businessman as a meme.

What they don't say is that Inafune is a piece of shit who thinks he's going to be Japanese Walt Disney by spinning off his derivative ideas into a multimedia sensation.
>>
>>385592226
I could've sworn Unreal worked on mobile.
>>
>>385592237
Seems that way, since they are still making the 2d prequel game. Makes me sad that they didn't make the game sprite based. Inti probably could have made a damn good game if it was, but it would have been substantially more expensive traditionally.
>>
>>385591862
What >>385592229 said.
But how did you like the first one then. Because the second one is more of the same but better looking and all around improved everything.
>>
File: Castlevania[1].jpg (246KB, 1016x713px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania[1].jpg
246KB, 1016x713px
>>385592339
How expensive would it have been anyway? I know that making a 720p and up sprite-based game would be crazy expensive, but I don't think that anybody would've minded if it was PS1 or DS resolution then put in 1080p.

At least, I wouldn't mind. Would you guys mind?
>>
>>385592325
Not sure about the newest version of Unreal, I imagine it runs on mobile, but I know in the past they showed off unreal on mobile with like Infinity Blade and stuff.

>>385592368
I wasn't the guy who spent $200, I spend substantially more, but I liked the demo. It was short, but very much like the DS castlevania games with slightly less personality due to 2.5D.
>>
>>385592536
>At least, I wouldn't mind. Would you guys mind?

I wouldn't mind at all. My model would have been to make MN9 and BS as 3DS focused games. Make them the most polished low resolution 2D god damn ever. And give them PC ports. If they're successful, then give them home console ports. This is a KISS strategy and what Inti is good at.
>>
>>385592536
I'm not just pulling it out of my ass, but I don't recall where I read it, but I believe it's about 4x the cost or more for that particular part of the budget. To have it look good, it's a lot of work, lots of frames to be animated, lots of people to animate them. Probably the hardest part to eat would be development time, because it would take much longer and that means you have to stretch your dollar that much further.

I think people would mind as far as resolution goes. 240p would look great on a PVM, and I'd masturbate to those pixels, but most people don't have a PVM or framemeister or something to devently upscale, and modern TVs will make that look like absolute shit. I'm not even positive modern consoles know how to output resolutions that low.
>>
Sorry for my stupidity, what is this game?
>>
>>385593123
Not stupidity, it's alright to not know about every single game.

It's called Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
>>
>>385592536
Nigger, they literally cannot find any decent full time HD pixel artist. It's a very niche field that will ultimately fail

>but I don't think that anybody would've minded if it was PS1 or DS resolution then put in 1080p.
You can't be serious
>>
>>385592536
Rogue Legacy sprites were made by ONE guy. I doubt it would take an absurd of time to make a HD castlevania sprites, also, animation in castlevania alreadly used rotations and zooms, wich makes everything faster to make. They are just being cheap.
>>
>>385593442
They have to be cheap, they don't have a big company to bail them out if they get fucked, and an indie game made by one person with one vision can take as long as that person is devoted. This isn't a love letter to fans or a passion piece, he's thinking of it as a product that must succeed in order to continue his livelihood.

I would love sprites, but he has a very finite amount of money.
>>
File: mightygunvoltburst.jpg (118KB, 745x419px) Image search: [Google]
mightygunvoltburst.jpg
118KB, 745x419px
>>385588698
Inti Creates is doing the 2D prequel instead of the main game now so I guess at least the prequel will be salvageable.
>>
File: roguelegacy[1].jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
roguelegacy[1].jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>385593442
>Rogue Legacy sprites were made by ONE guy.

And it shows. They're decent, but nothing special.

For a Tansakuvania, it's pretty time consuming. They can be done in low resolution 2D, but once you hit HD, it's a chore. That's 150 unique enemies, all with their own animations and attacks. 3D is really costly too. I think this game should have stayed SD.
>>
>>385594268
>Tansakuvania
Just like sickdark.
It isn't going to catch on and just makes the person saying look like a jackass.
>>
>>385593943
inti creates can make 2d games fine. People keep making them do 3d though.
>>
>>385588698
Wait, what drama did I miss ?
>>
File: pharaoh2c[1].png (155KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pharaoh2c[1].png
155KB, 640x480px
>>385593442
>Rogue Legacy sprites were made by ONE guy.

Pharaoh Rebirth was also made by one guy.
>>
>>385594268
>Tansakuvania
Is this the "Character Action" of platformers?
>>
This is "my uncle's friend works for Castlevania" tier, but a friend of a friend told me that IGA would ask IntiCreates to do shit, and they'd either refuse and do something else entirely, or just outright claim it was too hard and they couldn't do it. Major red flags were abound when MN9 staff started being put on the project too. Meanwhile, Dico has been getting everything done right the first time, hence the jump in quality from last year's demo to this year's.
>>
>>385592772
FWIW Shovel Knight did exactly that and look where it ended up.
>>
>>385594475
inti-creates was sacked like 8 months ago and we just heard about it about a week or 2 ago.
People are losing thier shit thinking this is the death sentence for the game but the Demo that was shown at E3 this year was made by the new guys they hired.
game plays just as well as the last demo and looks better to boot.

If anything the game looks like it has a brighter future.
>>
>>385594575
It is just some hipster schmuck trying his hardest to not say Metroidvania because of his severe autism.
Like that faggot who keeps spouting sickdark in bloodborne threads thinking it will stick.
>>
Literally all I want is for her hair to actually animate. Everything else looks fine.
>>
>>385595994
>looks fine
Looks fucking disgusting, like a terrible piece of shit
>>
File: 1447730023548.jpg (99KB, 1300x922px) Image search: [Google]
1447730023548.jpg
99KB, 1300x922px
>>385595521
>>385595846
>Trusting a mobile dev
>>
File: 1448755400918.png (21KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1448755400918.png
21KB, 625x790px
>>385596056
>>
>>385596206
Not bait, honestly looks like fucking garbage.
>>
>>385596180
>being a jaded fuck and automatically hating anyone that isn't well known.
You think you are on some higher standing because you don't like a thing or something?
>>
>>385596294
>honestly

But you're not being honest.
>>
>>385596358
welcome to /v/
>>
>>385596410
100% honest, the game looks like someone tried to make a sotn clone and fucking failed. Looks like absolute fucking dog shit and it's going to fucking fail exactly like mighty no 9 did because it's fucking terrible just like that piece of shit was.

Feel free to prove me wrong (you can't)
>>
Demo was good, that means a whole lot more to me than any retarded drama behind the scenes. /v/ just has a hard on for kickstarters failing and wants to believe it'll happen to every single one.
>>
I will not be surprised if DICO is connected to Benn Judd in some way.
>>
Daily reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcsxz3awKIQ

I wish the new backer demo gets released already so people can shut up already
>>
>>385596528
You're not 100% honest. Just delusional.
>>
>>385596612
Fuckin' disgusting, what a piece of shit it's a goddamn insult to castlevania
>>
>>385596636
Nice projection, the only fucking delusion here is your blind defense of an obviously shitty game.
>>
>>385593442
Rogue Legacy is hideous.
>>
>>385596528
>and fucking failed

Looks like a success to me.
>>
>>385596636
Nigger, ignore the bait. You're being as retarded as he is
>>
>>385596612
What is this, is newgrounds still around or some shit? I didn't even know they still made flash games.
>>
>>385596718
>projection

Thats what you were doing in the first place, anon
>>
File: meh.png (99KB, 397x385px) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
99KB, 397x385px
>>385589765
>>385589105
>Inte-creates
>A problem

When did THEY go bad? I loved a buncha their games back in the day. I know I'm probably slowpokin hard here but seriously.
>>
>>385593123
It's metroid-era castlevania sans IP.
>>
>>385596789
The fuck are you talking about, idiot? Noticing that a game looks like shit is not projection.
>>
Looks pretty good, in all honestly.
>>
>>385596804
When they thought they knew how to use Unreal.
>>
>>385596804
It all stems from MN.9 but personally for me is when they released Gunvolt.
>>
>>385596840
But you didn't notice that its shit.
>>
>>385596951
My fucking god it's going to be amazing to watch this fail knowing there are "people" like you desperately defending it.
>>
imagine expecting quality from a "we funded based on vague promises and concept art" kickstarter even after Might No 9.
>>
>>385597006
What am I defending?
>>
>>385596541
This. The Demo definitely played like the game I backed for.
Give me that with more monsters, items, in a bigger fortress, and with a full Yamane soundtrack, and I think I'll enjoy it.
Whatever spit polish they can throw in on top of that will be cool.
>>
>>385598003
Nice try shill, nobody even remotely believes your lies
>>
>>385589105
Even if Inti was the problem, it's still a change of studios mid-development and a huge waste of resources and time. Maybe it won't be enough to kill Bloodstained because they still have time, but I doubt the end game won't suffer the consecuences, which all that implies like bugs and cut content.
>>
>>385588698
This is personal bias coming through, but I feel like it was shown to not be good as soon as they revealed it was 2.5D.

I can't stand those games for anything. Everyone I've ever played, I feel like would have been much better as strictly as just a 2D.

For fuck sakes, the 2D castlevania games are well known for their amazing sprite art styles.
>>
>>385599134
Looks like shit, plays like shit, map is tiny, bosses are retarded... it's mighty no. 9 all over again
>>
>>385599134
all the way back when they created the crowd funding campaign
you've been at this a long time huh
>>
>>385588698
>Development has been seriously troubled.
No it hasn't. People are only shitposting about this now because we found out Inti was kicked off the project, but other than that there has been no problems with the development, and if Inti was kicked off the project there's probably a good reason for it and chances are the game is better now than it would have been. It's easy to say

>Handing the development to another studio is bad! Who knows how much catching up they have to do! The project is going to fail!

but I can guarantee that if what Inti was doing was so bad that they would even consider kicking them off development, the game would be much worse had they stayed on. People have been complaining about the graphics but fucking whatever, the game plays great and they've been really consistent about what they want the game to be and giving updates about it. If you've been enjoying how the development has been going so far, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. If you're one of the kickstarter doomsayers who says that everything from kickstarter is the worst piece of shit ever made and is going to be the biggest trainwreck in the history of video games because it literally happened one time to another game that was handled a lot more poorly than this one, then it doesn't matter if there was trouble with the development or if Inti got removed from the project, you'd be saying the same shit anyways like you have been for months before we heard about the Inti situation. Nothing has changed.
>>
File: 1495763818829.jpg (73KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1495763818829.jpg
73KB, 510x546px
>>385588698
that character design is so awful geez
>>
>>385596583
Who?
>>
>>385599762
frogposter opinions are so awful geez
>>
>All these MN9 buyers remorse shitposters
>>
File: 1386720303471.jpg (18KB, 438x428px) Image search: [Google]
1386720303471.jpg
18KB, 438x428px
>>385588698
is looks alright and I'm hopeful, you butt can hurt all you want /v/
>>
>people honestly think inti being kicked off had anything to do with content quality
>no one mentions the possibility of it being cheaper for development costs to do everything with the other team and just cut inti to please iga's chinese overlords with more money

im laffin
>>
>>385600018
If that were the case they probably wouldn't keep Inti on to do the retro game that's being shipped alongside Bloodstained, they would have just outsourced that as well. Also I don't think you understand how development works if you think changing teams would cut costs.
>>
>>385588698
Miriam a qt3.14
>>
>>385596804
They didn't. Mighty Gunvolt just came out and it's good.

As long as it's 2D Inti-Creates is fine.
>>
>>385588698
cute af and I am looking forward to the game. Kind of wish I backed it.
>>
File: 1431460800130.png (515KB, 551x724px) Image search: [Google]
1431460800130.png
515KB, 551x724px
>>385588698
>>
Something has got to be up with Inti-creates.

How the fuck does something like THIS take less than a week to cobble together while the complete product looks like utter shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

Whatever talent Inti once had, they left awhile ago.
>>
File: 34068349062.gif (8KB, 437x325px) Image search: [Google]
34068349062.gif
8KB, 437x325px
>>385599830
not him, but a former capcom guy that works for ddm, which secured funding for mn9 and bloodstained
also apparently they take credit for this too
>>
>>385601063
>How the fuck does something like THIS take less than a week to cobble together while the complete product looks like utter shit?
Preset lighting and texture filtering with probably premade assets/textures for testing purposes that were all replaced later in development to adhere to the art style Inafune wanted and/or performance limitation considerations for Wii U/3DS/Vita ports. Problem is the art style is pretty clearly unfinished and they would have been better off keeping the Unreal preset stuff because their in game lighting is actually trash and if you modify the game to turn off lighting it legitimately looks better (I'm not joking by the way, if you know how to edit UE files to disable lighting actually fucking give it a try for yourself, the flat lighting gives a pseudo cel shaded look that is much more suited to what the models look like). Basically it looks good because no effort default Unreal settings made it look good and when they went back to try and give it a real style to it they fucked it up.
>>
>>385601417
He says he's an agent so I don't think he's taking credit for Samus Returns so much as he convinced Nintendo to let Mercury Steam pitch something to them.
>>
>>385601882
the they there refers to ddm and the credit refers to arranging that horrifying business arrangement
no one is suggestting benn judd personally made samus returns
doubt anyone would give benn judd a dev credit after bionic commando
>>
>>385589979
He doesnt look happy tho
>>
>>385602550
He always looks like that.
>>
File: 1501179366527.jpg (82KB, 640x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1501179366527.jpg
82KB, 640x1138px
>>385590963
Thats just japanese mentality they will never accept their mistakes like how they raped koreans and chinese
>>
>>385596804
>When did THEY go bad?
Inti Creates was always garbage.
>>
File: 1500258286227.jpg (73KB, 610x602px) Image search: [Google]
1500258286227.jpg
73KB, 610x602px
>>385593123
>
Castlekino ' 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
File: 1496449222077s.jpg (4KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1496449222077s.jpg
4KB, 250x189px
>>385601417
>pc
Huh
>>
>>385604471
they put everything into one of three categories: mobile, console/pc, and online
being professional video game agents, they don't worry about trivial things like communicating clearly
>>
>>385590331
>I mean, replace Inti-Creates with another dev who seems shit?

that's the problem with these kickstarter backed projects. Just where are you going to get competent devs from? There's just not enough money in it. You really have to have a highly skilled skeleton team that is willing to work on passion. Like Hollow Knight, for instance.
>>
File: inti creates.jpg (475KB, 1826x1229px) Image search: [Google]
inti creates.jpg
475KB, 1826x1229px
probably bullshit but whatever
>>
>>385606940

I believe it.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.