[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Mario enemies you'd like to see as partners in future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 18

File: Rex[1].jpg (33KB, 212x254px) Image search: [Google]
Rex[1].jpg
33KB, 212x254px
Hard Mode: Explain their overworld ability and battling style. Throw in any other miscellaneous info for extra autism.

Overworld ability would be a combination of flapping his wings and Flutter Jumping. It crosses gaps and flies higher than Mario's Jump to reach elevated ledges, then butt stomps below for a first strike. It fills the roles of Parakarry/Yoshi and the Tornado Jump from 64.

Basic attack's a Ground Pound that you press A over the target to use. Middling power like Flurrie's Body Slam or Parakarry's Dive. First FP move is a weak spread move: a charge like the ones in Mario and Luigi that hits all enemies, followed by a Ground Pound on a single selected foe. You mash A for the charge, then he runs offscreen and loops around to the other side and jumps, then you press A when he's above the selected enemy.

Also, he wears a hood like Koops and the drawstring muzzles him when he's jumped on, immobilizing him.
>>
Always wanted a dry bones-ified version of something, or a blooper maybe
>>
File: Lil Bitey.png (39KB, 300x151px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Bitey.png
39KB, 300x151px
I want a Chain Chomp.

Fuck all the personality and unique appearance nonsense all the other partners have, I just want a normal looking Chain Chomp that bites things.
>>
File: boshi.gif (25KB, 279x369px) Image search: [Google]
boshi.gif
25KB, 279x369px
>>
a Dry Bones that has the personality of a soldier that refers to Mario as "Captain". Maybe as a cute callback to the Ikana Soldiers in Majora's Mask

Works as a buffing party member, can Salute Mario to increase his attack, assemble on top of Mario which would basically work as Cloud Nine from Lakalester ect.

Overworld action could be letting Mario jump off of him which causes him to also fall apart Dry Bones style
>>
A shy guy or a snifit.
>>
File: Toad Beast Tanabe.jpg (95KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Toad Beast Tanabe.jpg
95KB, 640x360px
>>385584203
That sounds creative. TOO creative, anon. For that reason I cannot allow it. Might I suggest a Toad?
>>
itt: autism and fan fiction
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (108KB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
108KB, 1776x1000px
He'd have a great physical attack but since he can only hit the front enemy with it his other moves would be much weaker projectile attacks allowing him to hit shit on the ceiling.
>>
File: Goonie-icon.png (40KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Goonie-icon.png
40KB, 256x256px
A Goonie.

Play just like Parakarry.
>>
hammer bro
>>
File: M_m_super_sluggers.png (219KB, 632x480px) Image search: [Google]
M_m_super_sluggers.png
219KB, 632x480px
Alternately, a Monty Mole.

Plays like Vivian, just swap out "hiding in shadow" for "hiding underground".
>>
Honestly I'll take anything at this point as long as we actually get partners in an RPG proper.
>>
>>385584540
You know, since this is the same universe as The Master from 64, that would probably not even be that bad.
>>
File: tanabe.jpg (78KB, 582x400px) Image search: [Google]
tanabe.jpg
78KB, 582x400px
>>385583762
I want no partners except one Starlow-esque one that tells you what to do the entire game and doesn't really do anything in battles except allow you to access the game's gimmick
>>
I remember seeing one design a guy made that was a pionpi from Super Mario Land.

Thought she was a qt.
>>
>>385583762
>future paper mario games
>partners
>>
>>385585410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUOPHqx5Gs
>>
File: NinjiPaperJam.gif (23KB, 57x42px) Image search: [Google]
NinjiPaperJam.gif
23KB, 57x42px
A ninji. Overworld action is to stick up a cardboard cutout of a regional prop (like a bush or a rock or something), works the same as Bow/Vivian.
Base attack is charging at an enemy for a body slam.
Special ability makes Mario vanish in a puff of smoke, leaving a wood decoy behind the next time the he is successfully attacked, protecting him. The Ninji can't move the next turn after this is used, but the effect will linger until Mario is attacked or the battle ends. Does not stack.
Second ability is the Ninji turning into a paper ninja star and throwing itself at an enemy.
For its final ability, the Ninji makes several clones of itself which stampede the enemies for multiple low-damage hits.
>>
I already typed all this shit down. Tried to avoid cliches like Koopas or Goombas as much as I could.
>First partner's a gangster Shy Guy that's only working with you out of fear of getting caught by the cops, instead of tattling he rats out other enemies
>Second partner is a former Dayzee musician who puts enemies to sleep and can get you past Thwomps and blocked pathways
>Third partner is a Chuckya who isn't really comfortable doing what he's doing, because he's enslaving the inhabitants of an island. He can throw Mario to higher ground
>Fourth partner is a Dry Bones named Deaf who thinks he's the Grim Reaper, but he isn't, yet nobody can tell him because he's deaf. He can fit his head under narrow passageways to press switches for Mario
>Fifth partner is a Snow Pokey that can launch it's segmented body parts to hit switches, and only wants to adventure outside of the ice caps for once
>Sixth partner is a Bully who's naturally immune to the radiation affects, he rushes at doors to break them open like a Bob-Omb would do to explode them
>Seventh partner is a Bzzap! that can fly Mario across long gaps, while also having a fear of heights, flies, and oxygen in general
>Eighth partner is the Koopatrol who was the tutorial boss, sad that Bowser won't notice him at all, he joins you. He hides Mario by throwing a cardboard box over him.
>Final partner is an amnesiac female Toad who appears multiple times in the game, sometimes tossing you items or disguising as enemies. She can hide Mario to help him get through the castle, but it has a recharge time and it's temporary. It turns out she's actually a Duplighost in the credits.
>Optional partners include a Torpedo Ted that's a war-veteran with PTSD that can go through water, a Magikoopa gamedev that can turn blocks into items, and a secret one that's actually just Luigi poorly disguised as a Goomba so he can adventure with Mario on these crazy Paper journeys for once
>>
>>385587256
Good shit Anon
>>
>>385583762
A bomb-boo. Would fit the role of the typical "bomb" overworld member, without being yet another bob-omb.
Battle style would be dependent on Mario's hammer abilities. Basically his turn gives Mario a second hammer attack, where he's swung by his tongue and explodes on impact. So Mario's hammer badges would affect his abilities.
>>
>>385587256
I would love a disguised Luigi partner
>>
File: SM64_ScuttleBug.jpg (25KB, 213x150px) Image search: [Google]
SM64_ScuttleBug.jpg
25KB, 213x150px
>>385583762
A scuttlebug partner that helps Mario gain extra height right when he needs it. His basic attack is of course the lunge and his special attack is calling in a scuttlebug jamboree.
>>
File: busterbeetle.png (49KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
busterbeetle.png
49KB, 300x300px
Aptly named Buster.
>>
I'll bite, I love autism threads. Hopefully the thread doesn't die as soon as I post.

Mechakoopa partner
>Field ability is that you wind him and he walks forward under low ceilings to grab items, press switches, etc.
>Gimmick is he thinks he's a real Koopa Troopa and even when face to face with a real NPC Koopa Troopa he doesn't see the difference between himself and the Koopa Troopa.
>At some point you visit a factory where one of the things being produced are Mechakoopas, and he sees that they're just robots but doesn't understand that he is also just a robot.
>In battle he winds up, walks over to enemies on the ground and bites them, he calls this his "shell attack".

Sumo bro partner
>Field ability is to call down lighting strikes, I imagine there could be some use cases for powering switches, trolleys, etc.
>Gimmick is he's a white belt karate pupil, with outfit and bandanna. His master suggests he travel with Mario to broaden his horizons.
>When you upgrade him to super he gets a yellow belt and when you upgrade him to ultra he gets an orange belt.
>In battle he can use karate chops on the first ground enemy, earthquake stomps to knock enemies off the ceiling, and lightning bolts on airborne enemies.
>>
>>385587562
>>385587794
>Game's about Bowser finding an ancient treasure, getting possessed, and taking over 90% of the Mushroom Kingdom
>Nine worlds
>First world is a city with grassland aspects and newspapers hanging off of vines
>Second world is a a desert with dozens of abandoned musical instruments and deserted clocktowers strewn about
>Third world is a circus in the middle of an island with the island's inhabitants forced to work in it
>Fourth world is a mausoleum with a cult of Shy Guys who praise a three dimensional being that can revive the dead
>Fifth world is a volcano at an ice cap, which causes the ice to melt and separate
>Sixth world is an amusement park in a wasteland with irradiated enemies in it
>Seventh world is a world in which time changes itself at random intervals, causing Mario to change sprites back to earlier Paper Mario games
>Eighth world is Bowser's Castle, and the lava is replaced by molten gold
>Final world is Peach's Castle, with Peach herself becoming possessed, and all the toads are enemies, with nowhere to rest and only three save points
>>
A Ninji who is a failure at being a Ninji and all of his moves involve him standing out as much as possible
>>
File: booster.gif (19KB, 200x277px) Image search: [Google]
booster.gif
19KB, 200x277px
>>385584000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbAh3QIZP7o
>>
>>385589736
I like this.
>>
A Shy Guy that is not at all shy, has aggressive dialogue, and can taunt enemies
>>
File: 8929273[1].png (4KB, 90x126px) Image search: [Google]
8929273[1].png
4KB, 90x126px
I like Ms Mowz, but they missed an oppprtunity not making the thief party member a bandit.

She's a performer who distracts people with acts, then makes her move. Mario catches on to her ruse and impresses her.

On the overworld, she can break into various things and tamper with obstacles, or look for items.

By rotating the control stick, she winds a windup box that plays a tune and walks toward the front enemy. The distracted opponent is punched by a spring-loaded boxing glove while they're distracted and defensless, ignoring defense.
She juggles bowling pins with by pressing the right buttons in order, then throws them up when in front of the enemy and swiping them for damage while their eyes are on the pins, stealing their item. She jumps back and catches the pins, the Stylish is when she catches the pins, and she shows the item with the bowling pins as a backdrop and some confetti when done correctly.
With a mash of A, she shuffles a deck of cards, then throws them out in a line beneath all foes, flapping it like shaking out a carpet and doing no damage, but flipping over all opponents that can be flipped.
Her last move is a randomly chosen act from a predetermined group with different action commands. It wows the audience, both bringing in more members and increasing SP more than Appealing.
>>
>>385590873
>Confident Guy
>>
>>385590873
Whilst it could be interesting, and I do hate to ask this question, as a confident shy guy, you'd have to ask.

Why does he wear the mask?
>>
File: nes bane.png (13KB, 320x352px) Image search: [Google]
nes bane.png
13KB, 320x352px
>>385592276
>>
File: SMW2YI_Raven.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
SMW2YI_Raven.png
3KB, 256x224px
A mafia Bumpty who can create ice llatforms and a Raven. Perhaps a Raven with a Chain Chomp as his "planet". The Raven would act as the Chain Chomp's tamer.
>>
>>385592276
he could be a big guy and he wants to hide his double chin, it would be painful for that to get made fun of
>>
>>385584620
>no_fun_allowed.png
>>
File: mr-l-o[1].gif (615KB, 320x197px) Image search: [Google]
mr-l-o[1].gif
615KB, 320x197px
>>385587794
>>385587256
After this mysterious fellow, I don't think they'd play the disguised Luigi catch card twice.
>>
File: IMG_0021.jpg (97KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0021.jpg
97KB, 758x426px
Super Mario Odyssey has some partner potential. Either a straight up human who wants to get a promotion by saving the world. Pic related who wants to be a traveling musician or Cappy himself with the ability to make every enemy a partner
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.