[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you have done to make the combat actually fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: off battle.png (12KB, 644x483px) Image search: [Google]
off battle.png
12KB, 644x483px
What would you have done to make the combat actually fun and interesting?
>>
>>385573167
Remove the ATB system altogether. The problem with it is using an ATB system makes things objectively worse for the player, not the enemy. Therefore, it's a better strategy to use autobattle than it is to use the system like normal.

Does this make it "interesting"? Who cares? The battle system in an RPG isn't supposed to be interesting. It's an abstraction of events in combat. Make the rest of the game interesting, nigga.
>>
Make ATB go faster, add more moves to the player and enemies, add a reason to guard such as it refers a bit of health or makes your ATB fill faster after guarding, make random encounters less frequent.
There, wasn't that hard. Could possibly make it like that in 10 minutes on rpgmaker.
>>
>>385573167

WUT GAEM?!
>>
>>385575424
OFF
>>
>>385575805
ON
>>
>>385573567
The problem though with OFF's combat wasn't so much that the combat was "uninteresting" but rather that there was so much of it, especially when going back to the purified zones to get the best ending.

I want to see the interesting stuff, but I'm constantly being forced into battles that aren't fun and are best won through auto-battle.
>>
>>385576620
That's true. There was an obscene amount of it which ruins exploration quite a bit. But I was talking of combat itself and what it's main fault seemed to be. It didn't help that the text boxes describing the moves were moving incredibly quickly, making it very taxing to figure out just what the hell was going on at any given moment.
>>
>>385576620
Well if it was interesting in the first place it wouldn't be bothersome to keep playing
>>
>>385575959
PC
>>
>look up game
>see latest patch notes
>changed pronouns to gender neutral

Oh well
>>
File: sigh.jpg (45KB, 652x365px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
45KB, 652x365px
>tfw no film adaption with Ryan Gosling as the Batter
>>
>>385579389
JOHNATHAN!
>>
File: 1490552543598.jpg (634KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490552543598.jpg
634KB, 1600x900px
Leaving this here.
>>
>>385579912
Didn't Mortis retire from game development?
>>
>>385579912
Do they still have the outdated patches around?
>>
>Q: One last word for OFF's fans?

>M: "Eugenics."

>C: "You are insane."
>>
File: 1486517584113.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486517584113.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>playing as the villain
>>
>>385579912
It's unofficial
>>
>>385573167
Make it not turn-based/

But an action rpg would mean we probably wouldn't get the creepy sprites of the original.

Failing that, just offer more variety and enemy patterns, but lower the encounter rate.

Fix the level curve so you can actually get and use most of your abilities in a normal playthrough
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.