[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any idea where to go now for FoFiX/Phase Shift shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: fofix.png (378KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fofix.png
378KB, 800x600px
Anyone have any idea where to go now for FoFiX/Phase Shift shit?

I really wanna play some stuff, since I found my old Rock Band shit lying around, but it seems a lot of the FoF Forums shit is just dead.
>>
Also, I don't even know if theres a newer version of FoF or Phase Shift.
>>
>>385571890
should be able to get guitar hero 3 on pc easily and get customs or emulate rockband 3 on dolphin
>>
What are you looking for out of it? The community is pretty dead but pretty much anything you'd ever need is already there.
>>
>>385572105
This, GH3 has some big custom packs for when you don't want to go searching for songs.
>>
>>385572413
Well, I was looking for some Dream Theater, Snot, just basically a bunch of random packs from all the games. I was hoping to just pick and choose for a library to play. I didn't want to have to go out and buy all the GH games over the years just to enjoy a song here and there. I even had some Morrissey and shit on my old install, but that was on an IDE HDD that died loooong ago.
>>
>>385572105
Alright. So GH3 is playable with customs. Now for Rock Band 3, is there any noticeable lag on older CPU's? I'd like to have a pretty seamless experience.
>>
File: PCSX2 Guitar Hero 80s.webm (3MB, 1031x580px) Image search: [Google]
PCSX2 Guitar Hero 80s.webm
3MB, 1031x580px
If you just want to play the original songs of GH and RB you can emulate all the games without problem or lag
>>
>>385573042
The frets on fire forum has compiled threads of every RB and GH song from all the games and DLC, you have to log in to see it. customscreators.com has lots of good stuff too, it's made as rock band customs but they have a tool on their forums to convert them to phase shift.
>>
>>385573126
You need convert it to Wii dlc format if you are emulating, aside that the game is playable, just make sure to adjust the input delay if you having any issue.
>>
>>385571890
Go to frets on fire forums. search Bluzer and go to his threads. he's got almost every song from every GH/RB converted to phase shift. if you are too lazy to sign up use the username "bugmenot" and pw "readonly"
>>
File: unknown.png (186KB, 476x266px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
186KB, 476x266px
>>385571890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQUn5NIW01g&t=452s
After following that, download setlists from Plumato's Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cd4Ad4P4NidHJxTmtqa1E2eVE
>>
For anyone who's got experience with both, how is GH3PC vs. Phase Shift? On one hand GH3 probably has a more solidly built engine, but I don't remember it having any proper way of searching ala Phase Shift, which is a big deal if you're gonna DL like 2000+ songs.
>>
>>385573393
>Bluzer
Welp. Thread fucking over. This guy has everything I could ever want for PS.
Including all the RB/GH setlists.

Thanks guys. Hopefully keep the thread going for anyone else who might be interested.
>>
File: 1501101112265.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501101112265.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>385573621
>On one hand GH3 probably has a more solidly built engine

GH3 Engine is crappy, GH engines only got good again in BH/ WoR, even WT is better.
>>
File: 1453557502425.png (33KB, 731x609px) Image search: [Google]
1453557502425.png
33KB, 731x609px
OP listen to me, Dolphin is easier to set up, but it's a pain in the ass to mod. For what you want I'd recommend the following

>Buy (or crack i don't care) GH3 for PC
>Install any visual mods you want (black fretboards, noBG, etc)
>Get songlist editor and set it up with your game
>Grab some songs you want from the internet and familiarize yourself with the modding tools

Here is a large chunk of Guitar Hero and Rockband songs as mod downloads
http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58318&sid=faa6bcfdede23c3c00ff4a72bbc69fe6
>>
File: waoh.png (269KB, 448x356px) Image search: [Google]
waoh.png
269KB, 448x356px
>>385573929
this guy's tutorial in >>385573414 will teach you everything you need to know
>>
I really miss FoF. I made some customs back in the day.
I'd still play it if my controller's strum bar wasn't messed up.
>>
>dug out my old Xplorer guitars the other day
>decide to run through GH2 and GH3 for old time's sake
>5-star Free Bird on the first attempt
>"If I can pull that off I should be able to 5-star the rest"
>fucking do it

Now what? Do the same on 3 I guess?
>>
File: $_86[1].jpg (106KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
$_86[1].jpg
106KB, 1024x768px
>>385575972
The Xplorer is the best GH/RB controller ever made. Mine is still working perfectly after almost 10 years and hundreds of hours playing difficult customs. I bought it for 10 fucking dollars at Toys R Us.
>>
If all you want is play the guitar get Guitar Hero 3 with the mods that every song from every game, if you want to play drums get guitar hero world tour and the mod that adds almost every song excluding guitar hero 5 dlc.
Phase Shift is abandonware and the source code was never released, it feels and plays like shit.
>>
>>385576524
It really is a top notch controller. Biggest thing for me is the clicky-ness of the strum bar, I never was able to get used to the softer ones they started putting on the new guitars. The shape is also really comfortable if you set it in your lap while playing, never liked the shape of the others.
>>
>>385573172
PS2 emulation is fucking horrendous.
>>
>>385573126
i have an i5 and 760 and apart from the menu being shit fps for some reason the game runs perfectly at solid 60fps. vulkan core btw.
>>
>>385576803
Whats wrong with phase shift? Feels fine to me. GH3 has ridiculously lenient hit windows for pick notes.
>>
>>385577621
I'm just so used to GH3's. I think it'd be very hard for me to go back to RB/GH2 style hit detection.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.