[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a video game that's so bad, so abysmal, that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_6778.jpg (96KB, 437x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6778.jpg
96KB, 437x584px
Is there a video game that's so bad, so abysmal, that it actually becomes good?

Is there "The Room" of videogames

Or is it not possible in the realm of videogames and it's just black and white, good or bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
Life Is Strange
>>
>>385555805
Sonic '06
>>385555936
Life is Strange is just good tho
>>
>>385555936
>>385556356
Life is strange isnt a game. Its a visual novel.
>>
>>385556356
>Life is Strange is just good tho
Wrong
>>
File: 1499849071464.png (216KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499849071464.png
216KB, 338x400px
>>385556508
>>
>>385555805
HAHAHA LE FUNNY GIGGUK MEME ANIME IS TRASH AND I'M THE TRASHCAN I HATE MYSELF AND I'M CANCER LOL
>>
Deadly Premonition
>>
>>385556621
Well at least you have some self-awareness and can make fun of yourself. Good on you anon
>>
>>385556621
Thanks for the relevant input to answer the questioned posed in this thread anon. Always appreciated.
>>
Most Suda51 games would be in that category, I suppose, though some more than others (he still made a few very solid games too, though)

I've played Project Nevada, and I can say I will always remember that game, because it was that fucking weird, even though I finished it in an afternoon or so. Suda51 didn't even know it had been localized in the West too.

I also suppose Zero Time Dilemma ended up being so bad that it was almost fun.
>>
Deadly Premonition

Seriously, pretty much every aspect, outside of maybe some parts of the atmosphere, ranges from bad to just plain broken in that game. Combat is a slog of random encounters with incredibly dumb enemies, the plot is a mixture of small town murder alongside anime demon fights, the voice acting is hilariously bad to the point it's entertaining, the attention to detail is insane considering you have to change to stay clean as well as shave but then basic shit like combat stays broken, and the world is so barren at times but still retains a weirdly good atmosphere. You don't play Deadly Premonition for a good game, you play it for the experience it delivers as it tries to copy Twin Peaks through the lens of an eastern perspective. It's broken, it's tone deaf, it's hilarious to watch, it's outright terrible in some spots, and it's a joy to experience everything it has. From watching as the main character's mouth skin is stretched awkwardly to force a smile after seeing a message in his coffee, to fighting a searing white haired demon that talks about how supple and sexy deers are, the game is a ride.
>>
"So bad that it's good" doesn't really apply to vidya, because all the badness manifests in things like bugs, bad controls, bad camera, unsatisfying gameplay etc. You can't just sit back and enjoy the amusing shittiness, you have to interact with it and become a part of it.
>>
>>385557197
>>385557754

Was going to post this.

So fucking terrible it becomes amazing.
>>
File: 1430918437376.jpg (113KB, 650x731px) Image search: [Google]
1430918437376.jpg
113KB, 650x731px
Shogo Mobile Armor Division.
Suda51 games are similar to The Room but in videogames it should be more glitchy and texture-faulty.
>>
File: IProoftop.jpg (143KB, 1006x672px) Image search: [Google]
IProoftop.jpg
143KB, 1006x672px
>>
File: alright.jpg (63KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
alright.jpg
63KB, 744x615px
>>385558145
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--c7T6UDsqM
>>
>>385557754
Adding to this with specific moments:

>Monkey sounds used for squirrels in the opening cutscene
>Literal flies/bees that float around your character if they don't switch/wash suits, getting docked points for being a Stinky Agent
>Buying crackers and whole cans of pickles from the inn you stay at for heal yourself
>Listening to a grocery store owner tell a horror story with a literal flash light under his chin and the lights out
>Fighting a cross dressing sociopath that is obsessed with squirrels on a spinning clock gear
>Shooting a bouncing purple demon ball as it laughs maniacally
>Getting tackled by demon dogs at midnight during rain
>Watching as everyone flips their shit over a sandwich made of turkey, strawberry jelly, and cereal called the Sinner's Sandwich
>Fishing from a lake using what basically amounts to fucking slots
>The main character talking about how Tom & Jerry has sexual undertones
>Playing chess to unlock Usher's computer
>Watching as the game literally unveils its main villain in a flashback hours before the big reveal, but then acts like it's a huge surprise
>Peeping into people's windows to see what they're doing
>Sleeping in jail cells
>Eating three packs of crackers and a whole salmon for dinner before bed

The game is fucking amazing.
>>
Those threads always devolve into "that game I don't like is the worst ever".

No a truly bad game is ET level of shittiness. I don't know but Dragons Lair is horrible, every single CDI game is more trash than anything modern.

Or just name Big Rigs and be done with it.
>>
File: 1501244977995.png (148KB, 1401x602px) Image search: [Google]
1501244977995.png
148KB, 1401x602px
>>385557364
>Not getting that i was imitating a stereotypical ironic weeb
Read pic related to get my post
>>
>>385558285
How David Cage managed to make not only make two other games with multiple celebrities after Indigo Prophecy, but has an upcoming game too is baffling. You fight goddamn Mayan cultists with matrix style sequences as a zombie, then confront the AI lords who try to use mind control to force you to give them the special child. Goddamn that game went right to shit after the opening cut scene. What I'd give to just have the opening scene from Indigo Prophecy continue to stay that complicated murder mystery/crime drama thing it had. That would've been amazing if it stayed that course.
>>
>>385559056
Ah, so you were only ironically being ironic.
>>
File: 1445975383791.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1445975383791.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>>385559590
Unfortunately
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.