[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with these gaming tablets? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: GPD Q9.jpg (161KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
GPD Q9.jpg
161KB, 1000x667px
Does anyone have experience with these gaming tablets? Are they any good?
>>
they are shit at both
>>
>gaming tablet
what are you 9?
>>
I was gonna get one. But I tell myself my switch is better.

Look up the GPD WIN. It's basically a mini pc handheld.
>>
File: 71n4xenVXwL._SL1500_.jpg (114KB, 1500x698px) Image search: [Google]
71n4xenVXwL._SL1500_.jpg
114KB, 1500x698px
>>385548435
Stay away from android ones

this one is semi-decent for it's price (<100$)
it's bulky, with x360 'quality' d-pad, but fine for playing Steam indie games
>>
>>385549489
I saw that to buy at my local CEX. Would you recommend it to play phantasy star online?
>>
>>385549573
Never played it, but that's 2000 game so it should be able to handle it

I mostly use mine for 2d indies (Salt and Sanctuary, Owlboy, Dust, Darkest Dungeon etc), but people do play Skyrim on it

also note that the battery is not that great
>>
>>385549489
whats the issue with android? I was mainly looking at one for older emulation
>>
>>385550037
I don't mind a shortish battery life. I will only use it indoors.

I'll give it a try. Doesn't cost too much.
>>
>>385550037
Also note that the thing has 2 gb of RAM. Can it even run W10 and steam without it shitting itself?
>>
>>385549097
sick burn bro. i dont know the correct term for a particular piece of hardware, i must be a child, and you must be the adult for taking the time to point out my mistake.
>>
>>385550142
I have an android one, I don't know why he said to stay away. Had it for 3 years, no problems. It runs everything really well.
>>
>>385548435
I bought that one you just posted and it was HOT garbage. Probably the worst sticks I've ever used (which broke quickly) and the buttons weren't much better. Chinkshit in the most literal sense.
>>
>>385550142
I tried to make a portable emulation machine out of an Android device once. It loses charm really quickly. A PS Vita would be what I might suggest, but I don't have one so I can't say for sure how well it runs some emulators. God tier option is to wait for Switch to get CFW. That thing will be able to run a fuckton of emulators probably up to Dolphin and you'll be able to probably pirate Nintendo VC all the way up to Wii.
>>
Metal Gear Rising at silky smooth 30 fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwz65Bvxrv8
>>
>>385548435
There's an okay one with some nice build quality but it can't run its games very well. It's called the switch.
>>
>>385550713
Every Nintendo release but Zelda so far runs at locked 60 fps.
>>
>>385550303
you can run win 8.1 on it too

but Win 10 runs ok, however I have some services disabled for better quality of life (windows update, defender - I launch them only when necessary)

>385550142
I haven't seen a single good one yet - usually android ones do have poor quality gamepad and are made with shitty hardware while being overpriced.

It might be ok for emulation of older systems, but then PSP might be a better choice + don't expect much from Android games
>>
>>385550585
>A PS Vita would be what I might suggest
Closed system that needs to be hacked to run anything and whose amount of support could be very limited.

Any current Android device will have better hardware, a better screen, and is already open capable of running any emulator you might want.
Notably if Dolphin is a concern make sure you get a Vulkan capable Android device. The PSV's GPU is incapable of handling Vulkan which will make Dolphin and other emulators performance sub-par going forward.
>>
>>385550192
that was my reasoning too - originally I was planning to buy a GPD Win, but then I noticed that I can get this for ~60£ on ebay

the best part about it is the cover-pad - Windows see it as x-input X360 controller
>>
>>385550861
>every game but the most important one

okay
>>
>>385551612
I was considering the win for a while but it's way too expensive.
>>
File: binkys facts and opinions.gif (32KB, 607x426px) Image search: [Google]
binkys facts and opinions.gif
32KB, 607x426px
>>385551629
Mario Odyssey
>>
>>385549489
That design looks even less portable and flimsier than the Nintendo Switch.
>>
>>385551629
Zelda has always run at 30fps or less.
>>
File: bazinga.jpg (65KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
bazinga.jpg
65KB, 474x600px
>>385551938
Link Between Worlds ran at 60
>>
>>385552149
mainline console Zelda*
>>
>>385551898
true, it's also bigger than Switch, but cost much less

It was also available on the market before Switch was announced, it's far less powerful but
as it run normal Windows 8.1/10 and Steam it has games
>>
>>385551751
>Mario Odyssey

that runs at 60 fps? source?
>>
>>385550336
8?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.