[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up the FF12 remaster and having played the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: FFXII1.jpg (21KB, 576x336px) Image search: [Google]
FFXII1.jpg
21KB, 576x336px
Just picked up the FF12 remaster and having played the original and never touched the Zodiac edition it's fucking with my head and I can't choose which classes to put on each character. Was considering something like this after a little research:

Vaan: Bushi/Monk
Basch: Knight/Foe Breaker
Penelo: Black Mage/ Time Battlemage
Ashe: White Mage/ Machinist
Balthier: Shikari/ Red Battlemage
Fran: Archer/ Uhlan

Any of these I should just forget about completely? Any suggestions?
This kinda makes me wish they just remastered the original.
>>
>>385538352
Bump
>>
when i played on emulator one of the "optimal" setups was

vaan monk
uhlan penelo
whm balthier
rdm fran
archer basch
samurai ashe
>>
>>385540223
For the PS4 remaster each character can have 2 jobs now.
>>
>>385538352

It really doesn't matter. The game itself is easy so go with whatever you want. If you want to be autistic go to gamefaqs where the optimization goes all way down to attack animation speed
>>
>>385538352
You should be okay for everything except the trial mode.
>>
>>385540641
Why not trial mode?
>>
Vaan -> Monk/BlackMage
Penelo ->Machinist/WhiteMage
Ashe -> Knight/Bushi
Balthier -> Foebreaker/Shikari
Fran -> Uhlan/TimeMage
Basch ->Archer/RedMage

How is my setup? I am crushing most of the game but how will it fare with trial mode?
>>
>>385538352
Bump
>>
>>385541360
Basch is best Knight. Swap him and Ashe's jobs and it's my exact setup. He can hit 99 str, she has more Mp.
>>
>>385542918
For Basch I find that with the Burning Bow he can have a lot of fun casting Ardor and I believe he can hit the magic cap with enough mystic armor but I am not far enough to confirm, also Archer benefits from the heavy armor you can get from RedMage.

Ashe I am going for the Excalibur/WhiteRobe setup to have her hit freakishly hard.
>>
>>385541360
I think this is probably the most optimal way to use every class, and most people will end up with it or something very similar to it the longer they think about it. Character doesn't really matter though, except for maybe who you make your gun-users in weak mode or something like that.

>>385538352
Bushi/Monk, WM/Machinist, and Shikari/RM are probably the best combos there. To fix the others, I'd probably end up splitting the WM/Machinist and going Knight/TM, BM/Archer, WM/Foebreaker, Uhlan/Machinist. Knight gets magic lores to help its healing, 3 swiftness, and general shit to do other than auto-attack from TM. BM is one of the most self-sufficient jobs in the game in that the only thing it really wants to do its job is 3 swiftness, which archer can provide while also shoring up its low health. White mage + foebreaker ended up being one of my favorite combos in my playthrough, since it's a proper healer that can properly tank and deal damage, while also packing tons of buffs and all breaks. Bonus points for harkening back to FF1, where white mages used hammers. Finally, uhlan/machinist is what's leftover, and gets uhlan its 3 swiftness and eventually gives it some shit to do other than auto-attack. I think uhlan struggles the most in combos, because it already hits fliers, its weapon type doesn't benefit from genji gloves, it has good hp but doesn't offer 3 swiftness like monk or foebreaker do, etc. There's nothing it really wants that it doesn't have, and there's little it offers to its paired job.

That said, when it doubt just copy
>>385541360
and put the classes you like the most on the characters that you like the most rather than worrying about animation speeds.
>>
>>385540878
it's meant to be an extra mode tailored for people who wanted to stretch the game system to it's limits while not making it impossible to beat. at least at its hardest it is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.