[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a 360 last week, had no hard drive. Bought an aftermarket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Xbox-360-Pro-wController.jpg (6KB, 130x194px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-360-Pro-wController.jpg
6KB, 130x194px
Bought a 360 last week, had no hard drive.

Bought an aftermarket 320 GB hard drive only to find it does NOT enable backwards compatability with original Xbox titles.

What do I do?
>>
>>385536260
toss the 360, scrap the hdd, get an xbox one, which plays 360 games, and soon OG xbox titles too.
>>
>>385536382
I didn't know the One will play original titles!
Will it play ALL or more than the 360?

Are there any mods or simple workaround to get them working on the 360?

A one it beyond my means right now and I got the 360 for $25
>>
>>385536382
Xbox One will not support as many games as the 360 did
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/821825/Original-Xbox-Backwards-Compatibility-NEWS-Microsoft-Xbox-One
>>
Do you mean you cant save original Xbox games on an external HDD?

Could you get a memory card or old 360 HDD, which surely must run cheap these days?
>>
>>385536260
Why did you buy the worst 360 revision?
>>
You need to download a patch into the hard drive to make backwards compatibility work.
>>
Get yourself a CR4 and install it or get someone to do it for you. After that, you can also download a patch that makes pretty much all OG Xbox games compatible.
>>
>>385537137
It will Sonybro. It will start out with mostly the 360 library AND MORE, it will not match the 360 bc library by a couple of games because the games are too old to get licensed. In other words, they'll actually have good games this time
>>
>>385536763
>the ONE
Nice try phil, it's called xbone.
>>
if you're desperate about playing OG xbox games then get an xbox hueg. The 360s emulation for original xbox games can be pretty hit or miss (mostly miss). The 360 still has some pretty stellar exclusives if you really dig into the library.
>>
>>385538092
Was AC for answer 360 exclusive?
>>
>>385538206
the ps3 version is shit so it may as well be. Same with The Darkness.
>>
>>385536260
You have to install the backwards compatibility.
>>
>>385540389
>>385537367
>>385537546
>>385537691

I got the Xbox from a thrift store, it was intact and working and $25 Canadian so I could not say no.

I have a chinese HD copy with 320 Gigs of space. I downloaded the latest patch and updated the 360 via USB, but the original xbox games I put in say "the game could not load, please try downloading the game again".

Do I need to be connected to the net when I try and start the games?

>>385537691
Which patch, friendo?
Is it a Microsoft patch or some sort of 3rd party?

Forgive any ignorance on my part, I am COMPLETELY new to the 360. I'm a PC tard.
>>
What OG xbox games do you want to play? Even on 360 they didn't port well. Halo 2 for example has a bizarre screen glitch.
>>
>>385542213
Mostly the ones on the compatability list, but if there were unofficial patches / hacks / mods I could use to increase the number of compatible games I would love to get, say.... Arx Fatalis running on the 360.

I only have a portion of my OG xbox games on hand, but from those I can say Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, D&D Heroes, Fatal Frame II , Jetset, Star Wars BF I and II, Raze's Hell and Gladius are some.
>>
>>385538092
what are some good 360 exclusives?
>>
>>385543050
>I would love to get, say.... Arx Fatalis running on the 360.
Why? If you're a PCbro what could you get out of running the worse version of Arx Fatalis?
>>
>>385544413
Because I've never tried it and I like trying games on different systems to see how they compare, I just haven't got anything new since the Wii.

I do have an OG xbox but it's slowing down and the access times are unbearable now for some titles (Crash takes 3-5+ minutes to load a level)
>>
>>385536260
just by an original xbox. the 360 is not compatible with really a lot of good games. If you just want to play ninja gaiden though, it's on XBLA
>>
The emulation software for original games can only be found on 1st party hard drives, you'll need a new hdd anon.
>>
>>385541554
>Do I need to be connected to the net when I try and start the games?
Yes.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.