[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw lost the screen lottery and got TN instead of ISP Oh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

>tfw lost the screen lottery and got TN instead of ISP

Oh well lads, first time 3DS owner here.
What are the must haves and the hidden gems?
>>
>>385531851
Are there really two different screen models on the new 2ds xl?

Also, should I pick this or Switch up? This seems like a cheaper option with better games.
>>
>>385531851
There's a screen lotto with the budget model? I was under the impression they were all TN on the N2DS XL given the cheap build and such.
Anyway like every thread, Kid Icarus Uprising is a good bet.
>>
>>385531851
2DS don't have lottery anon, they're all TN.
Same with Old 3DS, they're all TN.
>>
>>385532056
$149.99 console with like 7 years worth of games. You tell me!
>>385532136
Idk, i've done some reading and some people say they all have TN while others say they can have IPS too.
>>
>>385532548
wait which models have ips?
>>
>>385532651
N3DS and N3DS XL
N3DS have higher chance of IPS than XL, but they also happened to just go out of print.
>>
The Attack on titan game is kind of neat.
>>
>MONO speakers
>on the BOTTOM of the handheld exactly where your hands would be placed
>>
>>385531851
2dsxl's all have tn screens. Because the 2dsxl was always designed to have tn screens, they got the optimal performance out of them, so they look really nice.
>>
File: 1340238256594.jpg (239KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1340238256594.jpg
239KB, 1000x1000px
>>385532056
It's literally at the end of it's lifespan where as Switch is just beginning and has barely any games out for it yet.

You can't hack the 2DS XL without another hacked 3DS or by hardmodding, but if you can get a homebrewed 3DS you can play literally every portable Nintendo console game and every home Nintendo console game pre-N64, as well as edit/backup save data, download custom apps, etc.

The Switch would be a good choice if you want current gen Nintendo games and it might be hacked soon with a large homebrew community, as the kernel has been found and people have already been dumping ROMs/cartridges, editing saves, etc.
>>
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Ace Attorney Trilogy (Digital only)
Fire Emblem Awakening (for beginners)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (for vets)
Virtue's Last Reward (you HAVE to play 999 first)
Kirby Triple Deluxe &/or Kirby Planet Robobot
Bravely Default
Animal Crossing (if you don't plan on getting a Switch by 2018)
Professor Layton
>>
>>385533350
>You can't hack the 2DS XL without another hacked 3DS

wrong
>>
>>385533835
But it's true though. 2DS XL runs on 11.4 and there's no methods to homebrew it through softmod without using another hacked 3DS.
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>385531851
>really want to by one
>it costs like 700 bucks in my contry's currency
>games are 200 bucks
>>
>>385533736
Doesn't braverly default get stupidly boring?
>>
>>385532607
It's $200 in Europe.

>>385533350
I don't really care about emulation and cracking, but when it comes to games, if I were to get Switch it would have to have Miku, a good Fire Emblem, and plenty of Jrpgs. I want to get it, but it would just be buying it with hopes, while 2DS already has a good library.
>>
File: 1484559048820.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484559048820.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
Do you faggots always play at an angle? Do you even notice a difference otherwise?
I mean yeah if you get IPS cool but nobody in their right mind that's concentrating on a game would care what the fuck kid of screen they have.
>>
>>385531851
Kirby Planet Robobot/Triple Deluxe (PR is better but play TD first, also they have great 3D but this is a 2DS)
Pokemon, slightly benefits from the extra power of the "new" parts of the device.
Fire Emblem, all of them save for Revelations
Kid Icarus Uprising
Etrian Odyssey (start with 4)
>>
>>385533951
What's your country?
>>
>>385534375
romania
>>
>>385534023
>have Miku
Considering the large support from Japanese devs so far, it seems like the Switch is becoming weeb console 2.0 after the Vitas death so Miku might be a large possibility

>a good Fire Emblem
A new mainline one is coming out next year but we'll see if it's good. It could be another case of where the gameplay is good but the story is abysmal and its locked behind a shitty payment system and censorship like Fates/Conquest but we'll see

>and plenty of Jrpgs
So far we have
I Am Setsuna
Lost Sphear
Dragon Quest 11
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
SMT 5
Project Octotraveler or whatever
an unannounced Tales Of game
New mainline Pokemon game
New mainline Fire Emblem game
and probably plenty more yet to be announced JRPGs, and that's just in this year/next year alone.
>>
>>385533982

The end game is really fucking tedious. This is actually a legit spoiler. To get the true ending, you have to travel through four parallel worlds and awaken all four crystals in every world. You also have the option of fighting the asterisk boss fights again and you get additional character development for the bosses. I like the concept of it; it reminds me a lot of Higurashi with each episode telling you more about the town that the stories take place in, but in practice it was really exhausting to fight the same bosses over and over until the game says, "Enough already, have the True Ending.
>>
>>385534523
Are there really a lot of hot chicks there?
>>
File: guesswho.png (849KB, 608x900px) Image search: [Google]
guesswho.png
849KB, 608x900px
Stella Glow
7th Dragon III: VFD
>>
>>385531851
>>385532607

Hey, retard, the N2DSXL only comes in TN screens.

If you want even a chance of getting an IPS screen over a TN screen then try your luck with a N3DSXL.

Most of those are IPS, and I know for a fact that the first run batch of N3DSXL were all IPS display screens.

Of course, it is not like it matters at all. I mean, did you forget that the both screens are sitting at 240P at best? IPS really only makes a notable difference over TN once you hit 480P, unless you care about the brightness of NITS and shit, which I doubt you do.
>>
>>385531851
Reminder that all n2ds are TN screen. No lottery on this model
>>
All 2DSXL come with TN. Newer batches of 3DSXL mostly come with TN, as well. If you bought your 3DSXL when it released or in 2015 and 2016, you had a pretty good chance of getting an IPS panel.
>>
>>385534659
If I didn't do all that would I still feel like i finished it? and what you spoke of, is it more like post game? or do i actually need to do all that to feel like I finished it?
>>
>>385533951
Literally order from Amazon.de or any other European Amazon (it, fr, es, uk). They go for 160-200 euros and since Romania is in the EU, you don't pay extra import taxes or anything.
>>
>>385531851
It's the budget model. Cheap build, weird speaker placement, 100% TN screens
At the exchange that it's much cheaper than the premium model.
>>
File: 1484447724553.jpg (13KB, 336x349px) Image search: [Google]
1484447724553.jpg
13KB, 336x349px
I bought a n3dsxl a week ago and what do you know, not only does it have a disgusting looking TN screen, it also has a stuck pixel on the upper screen. Got a refund from Amazon and ordered a new one. Hoping this one doesn't have any pixel problems. I don't even care about TN/IPS anymore, just want a non-defective screen.
>>
>>385535124

I haven't finished it yet so I can't say if you'll feel like you didn't really beat it. My suggestion is if you feel up to going through all of that to have a game on the side you can play when you feel the fatigue setting in because it will set in. I love Bravely Default. I think it's FF5 with better everything and even I have times where I need to put it down, play something else, then come back.
>>
>>385534663
yeah
they hang around clubs, parties ,etc
the beaches are full of them right now
>>
>>385531851
>hidden gems
Picross
Any of them.
>>
I got one and I'm just gonna get CFW and play the superior DS library
>>
>>385535767
It's not that easy, you need a DS flashcart to play non-Eshop DS games on 3DS/2DS.
>>
How do I tell what screens I have on my 3ds? I've been playing on it for a while but I've never noticed anything too bad
>>
Guys If I already have a DS flashcart do I need to hack the 3DS for it to work? Or just use another software in teh cart?
>>
>>385538898
Die, you fucking clueless braindead retard.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.