[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that dispute their meme status, when they stop fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 18

File: GoTY.jpg (10KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
GoTY.jpg
10KB, 310x163px
Reminder that dispute their meme status, when they stop fucking around they put out GoTY caliber titles.
>>
>>385526807
> GoTY caliber titles.
Honestly no, this game lacks a lot to be goty
>>
>>385526873
well, no game is perfect - but it's the best this year.
>>
>>385527319
No, not even close, it's a nice package that proposes no actual content, it's empty boring and repetitive
>>
File: 1499578198039.png (204KB, 394x523px) Image search: [Google]
1499578198039.png
204KB, 394x523px
>>385528021

Wrong.
>>
>>385528709
It is though what's there to do ? you have your classic boring zelda story, and then what can you do ? the gameplay is repetitive and the breakable weapons make you want to avoid any form of combat if not necessary ? so what's left ... exploration and that's it
>>
>>385526807
Unfortunately Nintendo spent an entire console generation just fucking around. Only GOTY the Wii U got was Bayonetta 2. It used to be reliable to throw money down at a Nintendo system just because the odds that they'll make something that BTFOs every other game that year was high enough, and thankfully with the Switch it might be coming back to that.
>>
>>385526807
It was GTA tier normie shallow shit
>>
>>385526807
is this really GOTY for you? I mean the first 10 hours were fantastic but did you not get burned out after that?
>>
>>385529980
>tfw 75 hours played, done 2 divine beasts, have 3 towers left to climb, found 80 shrines
>>
>>385529980

No, there was brand new and interesting stuff to find no matter what direction I went in. I never felt like what I was doing was a waste of time because it contributed to building up my character. This is probably the only game that felt like I was on a real adventure or at least going out hiking on a long trail. All your materials, armor, and food will change while you're on to your next destination-- it kept the game engaging.
>>
>>385529980

Not him but the sheer amount of TECHNOLOGY moments alone make it better than 99% of everything else this year.
>>
>>385526873
It's one of the most important games of the decade. Anyone who knows anything about game design knows why BotW will scoop every major award this year.
>>
>>385529980
The first 180 hours were amazing but then it boring as fuck.
>>
>>385530637
>It's one of the most important games of the decade
Says who ? nintendo fans, important on what exactly ?
Game design ? what the hell did this game invent ?
>>
>>385529980
120+ hours and I'll go right back in for the DLC. 60 or so hours of fun exploring and then another 60 fleshing out the map and finding everything I missed. I will admit that the enemy variety and lack of good overworld collectibles were negatives but it really doesn't matter, it's by far the best open world game I've ever played. I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn right now and I'm bored as fuck after 30 hours, all I do is follow a marker to my next objective and the world is boring and bland.
>>
>>385529980
this was my second Zelda game that I spent 20+ hours after Twilight Princess which was my first.=the comfyness alone got me hooked
>>
>>385530803
It managed to make "see that mountain? You can climb it" real for one.
>>
>>385530803
>Game design? what the hell did this game invent?

This is same sad denial I've seen since the game launched. Haters have to jump through an assault course of mental gymnastic hoops to convince themselves of any false truth rather than just admit the simple reality than Nintendo just made another great game.

>B-but I can set fire to grass in MGSV!
>I can climb in Minecraft!
>GTAV has rain!

/v/ has to stack up every feature of every open world game ever released to try and desperately hold a candle to BotW - under the blind delusion that the game's critical appraise is due to one defining aspect.

In truth, it's the entire design philosophy behind BotW which is it's most important characteristic. A foundation of player agency and complete freedom, married with a myriad of seamlessly interconnected systems of environmental interaction and gameplay reciprocation. A world where the exhilaration of exploration is paramount and every discovery is a personal one. A world where the weather, the climate and the environment are seamlessly and intricately connected - informing the player's choices and, in turn, influencing how the player interacts with the world. A world where traversing the landscape becomes a reactive experience, open to experimentation based on the materials the player has to hand, allowing them to fashion their own solutions to any situation.

An impressive amount of confidence from a developer in their product to simply let a player run wild and make their own gaming experience as they see fit. Nintendo said "go ahead, do what you want, we don't care" and meant it in the best way possible.

BotW's legacy is assured.
>>
>>385531349
That's your fucking groundbreaking game design revolution ?
>>
>>385531485
Honestly I'm trying to understand here, instead of using huge meaningless sentences with big words in them why don't you explain what exactly makes this game so great ? i'm not shitposting or anything but i don't see it
>>
Having played this and Nier Automata, I pick Nier as goty
>>
>>385531489
>>385531751

It's the only open world game that's managed to keep me interested in just walking around aimlessly exploring the world for over 100 hours without even touching the main quest. I'm not in the habit of analyzing every minute detail of a game so I can't tell you exactly what it is that it does differently than other games, but it does.
Everywhere you go you can see an interesting looking rock formation or some other unique object or place in the distance, it's almost impossible for me to actually get to where I wanted to go without getting sidetracked by something that looks like I should check it out 3 times along the way.
Admittedly the rewards for exploring aren't amazing, the game could use some more unique items scattered throughout, but it still manages to keep me interested in finding out what's behind that hill over yonder regardless.
>>
>>385530803
>Game design ? what the hell did this game invent ?

That's not what Game Design means. Take Deus Ex for example, where they took elements from different types of games and made something that was more than the sum of its parts. BoTW took an open-world with light elements of survival games, and made a sort of "chemistry" system as the devs called it, where every interactive object in the game has properties that can exploited with the tools you have. It takes video game expectations and flips them on their head. You can burn treasure chests to a crisp. You can climb nearly anything. Random ass rocks and grass are fully interactive, and the world in general is built playfully, as opposed to being a backdrop for missions or killing people like every other open-world game. It's genius is in its simplicity and common sense. Where OF COURSE you can cut down a tree, light it on fire, and kick it down a hill. Anyone whose played their fair share of open-world games know this is actually never the case, until Nintendo of all people made it so.
>>
>>385531908
So it's mostly and immediate feeling of "wow" that keeps you hooked ?
>>
File: oldcontemptdude.jpg (152KB, 511x471px) Image search: [Google]
oldcontemptdude.jpg
152KB, 511x471px
>>385531489
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc&t=1113s

Here, 90 minutes of the actual devs exposing the design challenges that they tackled with the game and the reasoning behind a good chunk of the decisions they made. Doubt you can distill such an interesting conversation from lots of so called similar games.

It's not a greentext full of memes and buzzwords so you're probably not interested.
>>
>>385531751
He's basically saying that BOTW gives the player far more options than other open world games as a whole and is more atmospheric.
i.e. being able to sneak around camps, set fire to the environment, fly around from high mountains you climb etc,

Stealth is super weak in GTA in comparison, MGSV doesn't let you really go everywhere i.e. can only climb in certain areas with cracks and huge mountains act like forks/obstacles vs. alternate roures
>>
>>385531485
And the only reason its accomplished any of that was because the game is practically empty. I'd say 85% of the map is just empty space and lets not forget the shit tier enemy variety, koroks, and boring ass shrines. The game could've used another year of development time but nintendo had already spent 7 YEARS making this shit. The game was too ambitious and therefore the content available is severely lacking
>>
>>385526807
Not even close, senpai. Super Mario Odyssey will BTFO this game as Switch's best title anyway.
>>
>>385531790
please elaborate, I love automata and nier in general so much I autistically scour over the side materials but I just can't deny that BOTW was much, much more playable even after 30+ hours. And I'm not even a nintendofag
>>
>>385532117
>It's not a greentext full of memes and buzzwords so you're probably not interested.
It's not nice to assume things about people you don't know
>>
>>385531751
Okay, I'll and explain in terms you understand. In most open world games getting to an objective requires nothing more than pointing your character in the right direction on your minimap and moving along a flat trajectory.

In BotW, verticality adds a depth to topographical exploration and navigating the world becomes an interactive and reactive exercise. Seeing an object of interest in the distance requires you to figure out how you will get there, and the game design allows the player to approach situations in their own way and let's them fashion their own solutions depending on the resources they have and/or how they want to play.

Will you climb over the mountains? Maybe equip your climbing gear? Maybe brew some stamina or speeds boosts before you go - that way you can climb quicker and still keep your most powerful armour on. But what about the climate? It's freezing up there. Will you acquire some warmer clothes? Or maybe equip a flame weapon to keep the cold away?

Or maybe you should cross over the low lands? Take a horse perhaps? More chance of enemy encounters or running into assassins though. Maybe you could chop a tree down and fashion a makeshift raft and sail it down river?

The focus on player agency and interactivity is unparalleled in any open world game. Some creative folks even made a fucking flying machine out of junk lying around.

The sheer amount of freedom and experimentation within a world where the systems of interactivity are all intricately connected means that every player will have THEIR own unique gaming experience.

It's takes an extraordinary amount of confidence for a developer to say to a player; go ahead, do whatever you want, it's all good. Most game designers would be utterly terrified to give players such freedom out of fear they would break the game.
>>
>>385532158
The hardware wouldn't be able to handle it. And honestly that's a big problem with open world games. It isn't as much with superhero open games like Infamous, Gravity Rush and Spider-Man games because the powers you get make getting around so fun that people tend to ignore that there isn't much you can do in this shit.
>>
File: best of 2017.jpg (1MB, 2472x2140px) Image search: [Google]
best of 2017.jpg
1MB, 2472x2140px
I want every marketer in this thread to explain to me why I personally should consider this game GOTY. With that said, I will post my respective GOTY's and my reasonings for why I chose them, and I will even show how I rank other games.

With this knowledge, tell me why I should rate Zelda over my GOTY. Go on, earn that paycheck from Nintendo my dudes.
>>
So ok let me get this straight, the game is a giant atmospheric playground where you have lots of options to do stuff your own way, and the world by its design keeps you constantly interested ? is that it ?
>>
>>385532431

I don't know, maybe play the game. Words only do so much.
>>
>>385532080
I guess. This guy >>385531485 worded it in the most pretentious and fedora tipping way possible but he has a point.

I can't be bothered to type out a huge paragraph about it but basically it's that feeling of "I'm gonna try if I can do this", and then you can just do it. The whole game just feels a lot less limited in the use of mechanics it gives you.
An example of this is that shrine where you need to get electrical current to flow from one point to another, and you're supposed to go through a puzzle and everything, but one Anon here just laid out a trail of metallic weapons and they conducted the electricity to where it needed to go. It's not the intended solution but the mechanics are in place, and it'd be a completely outlandish idea that would never work in any other game.
>>
>>385532310
>It's not nice to assume things about people you don't know

Pardon my skepticism but /v/ is a sewer full of shitposting rats. Enjoy the conference. It gave me lots of perspective about the game.
>>
>>385532589
I understand, no problems man, it's hard having discussions here i know
>>
>>385532457
Sounds about right actually, yeah.
>>
>>385532158
>nintendo had already spent 7 YEARS making this shit
It was in development for 4 years. And I don't get this lack of content meme. The game has more content than any Zelda game and the design is so open that you can tap out and head to the final boss whenever you want.

Many people think rival devs will now copy BotW's design but I honestly don't see it. A game like BotW is way to complicated and most devs would baulk at the amount of playtesting involved. At best they'll try and half-ass the climbing mechanic and completely miss the entire point.
>>
>>385532329
exploration means shit all if all there is to discover is shrines, koroks, and fetch quests. The game would've been way better had it cut out the villages, side quests, and divine beasts in favor of 8 hyrule castle style dungeons hidden throughout the world
>>
>>385532539
Look man, I've tried getting into this game, but it's too full of flaws that no amount of shills can make me ignore.
>>
>>385526873
lol
>>
>>385532661
But its raining so walk around the path we made and unequip your nice weapons.
>>
>>385532329
>Most game designers would be utterly terrified to give players such freedom out of fear they would break the game.
To be fair, it does break the game. The vast majority of BotW is way too easy because you can't balance a game like this to have a proper difficulty. They tried having this bizarre formula which upgrades the mob types based on how many enemies you've killed, but it ultimately doesn't work since it only increases their HP. The only parts of the game that are actually challenging are when they remove all of your equipment, placing everyone on equal grounds. Only then can they actually engineer a challenge because they know how powerful the player will be and what weapons they'll have access to. Eventide isle is basically a microcosm of what the entire game SHOULD have been. It's almost impossible to balance a huge map like that, and they just let the game be stupidly easy instead of balancing it.
>>
>>385532652
You're a fucking fag
>>
>>385532716
It's not the destination that counts, it's the journey.

I'm aware how pretentious this sounds but it's completely true with this game. I don't mind only finding a Korok seed at the top of the mountain, because I enjoyed getting there and I can already see 3 other places to check out.
>>
>>385532562
>This guy worded it in the most pretentious and fedora tipping way possible but he has a point.

Benefits of a classical education my good man, I'll tip you my fedora and bid you a good day. Tally-ho!
>>
>>385532998
You can explain things concisely without sounding like a huge twat.
>>
>Yakuza 0
>Yakuza Kiwami
>Nier: Automata
>Super Bomberman R
>Fast RMX
>Nioh
>Puyo Puyo Tetris
>Resident Evil 7
>RotK: PUK
>Tekken 7
>Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
>Dragon Quest XI
>Valkyria Revolution
>Snake Pass
>ARMS
>Wipeout HD Collection

Yeah, BotW would definitely be GotY if these games didn't exist.
>>
>>385532959
For what reason ?
>>
>>385532685
The content isn't meaty enough though. Its a quality<quantity situation.
>>
>>385533074
Um
>>
File: 1475628122762.png (197KB, 1360x767px) Image search: [Google]
1475628122762.png
197KB, 1360x767px
>>385532807
>letting rain stop you

Upgraded hearts instead of stamina, I see.
>>
>>385533074
>arms
>bomberman
>better than botw
lol
>>
>>385532457
pretty much man. and it's not even because of the Zelda fame. I'd still play it even if it's a new franchise or something
>>
>>385532431

Why do you assume people has a problem with you only liking games if they check with an autistic list of personal pet peeves that have little to do with the intrinsecal quality of a game? You already decided you don't like BotW.
>>
>>385532964
Thats retarded. Cause had they made the destination just as enticing as the journey then this game would actually be good.
>>
>>385528021
Im sorry that you didn't enjoy it

I hope you dont feel like you wasted your money
>>
>>385532716
Majora's Mask was the only good one in terms of rewarding exploration because you'd always find some interesting side quest with its own backstory and get a unique mask that had some gimmick.

Zelda needs to re introduce optional weapons like LttP medallions and the magic cape and upgrades (well MM also had that) to reward players with since most people will find those far more interesting than yet another rupee or heart piece
>>
>>385533103
What's wrong? Not enough cutscenes for you?
>>
>>385533223
A game doesn't need to be literally perfect to be actually good.
>>
>>385532716
>exploration means shit all
Wrong.

Exploration is part of the gameplay. You have to figure HOW you're going to get where you want to go.
>>
>>385533091

He was falseflagging as me. Some anons just want to watch actual conversation fail.
>>
File: 1499574967677.gif (488KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
1499574967677.gif
488KB, 500x208px
>>385533217
>Why do you assume people has a problem with you
>proceeds to cry autism against said poster
>>
>>385533159
>I Don't Have Friends to Play Games With: The Post

Don't project your own shortcomings onto Bomberman.
>>
>>385531751
is English not your first language?
>>
>>385533363
Oh ok, damn that's a pretty sad things to do
>>
>>385533489
>it's a "the game is good because you can play it with friends" episode
I had the time of my life playing through some shitty XMen sidescroller on Xbone with a friend, doesn't mean the game wasn't complete garbage.
>>
>>385533379

I think it's autistic, but I don't have a problem with that. If that's how he has fun then good for him I dunno.
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>385533718
Did you ever consider that people having different opinions isn't autistic, and it's just the result of people not agreeing with you? I know you consider anyone to be subhuman scum if they aren't jerking off Zelda as the best thing to ever exist, but it's a little rude to add insult to injury.
>>
Zelda Breath of The Wild isn't GOTY caliber though.
>>
>>385526873
No, it really doesn't. The mechanics are sound, the map is the best open world map I've seen in ages, everything's there and it's straight up good.

>>385528021
No. It's the exact opposite actually.
>>
>>385533657
Its a game that's specifically intended to play with friends, anon.
>>
>>385531485
This exactly. All you retarded nintendo hating children just got blown the fuck out.
>>
File: 1451777826659.jpg (48KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1451777826659.jpg
48KB, 250x241px
>>385531485
>actively hating on Minecraft when it's sold 150 million units worldwide, thereby objectively making it the best video game of all time right behind Tetris since, according to the anons ITT, popularity can never be argued with
>>
>>385533657
You can't compare Bomberman single-player to BotW. The game offers an 8-player battle mode that people have come to expect from Konami, and it's usually the best way to experience playing it.
>>
>>385530368
What face
>>
Horizon Zero Dawn is already confirmed GOTY.
>>
>>385529980
More than 95 hours here, believe me, you haven't seen shit with only 10 hours, I still find shit that takes me by surprise.

I recommend to set the HUD on Pro mode and deactivating shrine sensor though, it makes the experience so much better.
>>
>>385529129
there's plenty to do, you can claim all the things the do are boring but there is plenty to actually do.
>>
>>385533954

Did you ever consider that me calling that list autistic wasn't even my point? It was just a bonus for assuming people discussing this game as good gotta be shills.

I don't think it's autistic to disagree with me, nor people being subhuman scum for not liking Zelda games.

That list is autistic because none of those things are intrinsecal flaws, just extremely superficial preferences that haven't stopped lots of games from being great despite of them.
>>
>>385535115
>It was just a bonus for assuming people discussing this game as good gotta be shills.
If you weren't shills, you wouldn't take such gross offense over the simple act of people saying they didn't like certain aspects of the game. When a normal person hears criticism, they say something like "I can't agree, but I can see why you'd feel that way." A shill would say something like "there's something wrong with you, kill yourself autist, this game is perfection!". Now which one sounds more sensible?

>I don't think it's autistic to disagree with me, nor people being subhuman scum for not liking Zelda games.
I'm sorry anon, but it's a little too late to backtrack 80+ posts of the exact opposite sentiment.

>That list is autistic because none of those things are intrinsecal flaws,
How so? Every single one can be proven as a flaw.
>>
File: 745.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
745.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>385534702
Never ever Sonybro
>>
File: Laugh 4.jpg (8KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh 4.jpg
8KB, 209x200px
>>385534702
You keep telling yourself that sonyfag
>>
>>385535464
>Typed Sony pony
>Got auto corrected to Sonybro

And you faggots still say this place is nintendogaf
>>
>>385534587
But I'm not hating on Minecraft. Nor am I hating on MGSV or GTAV.
>>
File: eto2d-sombrero.png (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eto2d-sombrero.png
83KB, 500x500px
How would you react if Odyssey won GOTY?
>>
>>385535348
>When a normal person hears criticism, they say something like "I can't agree, but I can see why you'd feel that way." A shill would say something like "there's something wrong with you, kill yourself autist, this game is perfection!". Now which one sounds more sensible?

/v/ is more than one person. I'm totally okay with people not enjoying the same things as I do and I totally get why some people would not really be into BotW. To be fair, that first post with the autistic list was literally asking for people to try and convince him of whatever, so saying "i can't agree but i can see why you'd feel that way" wasn't really an option. But whatever.

>I'm sorry anon, but it's a little too late to backtrack 80+ posts of the exact opposite sentiment.

I've written like 3 posts before this one and 2 of them was about me telling you that I'm okay with people not enjoying the same things. Did I tell you /v/ is more than one person?

>How so? Every single one can be proven as a flaw.

No. It's just subjective perception of what you consider acceptable.
>running at 60fps
>lol what a loser. I don't play anything below 120 fps because it's garbage otherwise.

You see, running at 60fps is now a flaw if I want it to be.
>>
>>385535348
>If you weren't shills, you wouldn't take such gross offense over the simple act of people saying they didn't like certain aspects of the game.
But that's not how the arguments are presented. It's always a case of "the durability systems sucks. The game is total shit!"

The game has a few niggles, nothing is perfect. But absolutely NONE of those minor nitpicks are anywhere near the GAME-BREAKING-FLAWS people pretend them to be and they never come close to overshading the monumental achievement in game design Nintendo created here.
>>
>>385536412
>/v/ is more than one person. I'm totally okay with people not enjoying the same things as I do and I totally get why some people would not really be into BotW
Then why has the thread been nothing but ad hominem attacks and calling people autistic because they dislike Zelda? You even do it right now, again, without even realizing it.

>I've written like 3 posts before this one and 2 of them was about me telling you that I'm okay with people not enjoying the same things
Every single post containing the words "that fag is an autist" so I'm afraid I don't see your point.

>You see, running at 60fps is now a flaw if I want it to be.
If it was a good game, it wouldn't have physics tied to framerate, so you could in theory have it run at whatever FPS you wanted. I mean for 60 bucks shouldn't I have that freedom to do that?

>>385536643
>But that's not how the arguments are presented. It's always a case of "the durability systems sucks. The game is total shit!"
But every time someone presents the argument fairly and reasonable, you discard it as "haha those sony faggots are desperate! le salt! le salt! XD". You don't even try to acknowledge when someone has legitimate grievances. Can't even go one thread without calling someone autistic. I would gladly list my personal grievances with this Zelda game if I was promised a decent discussion without drones attacking me.
>>
>>385536643
Not him. When I criticize this game I find my notes are almost never about it having GAME-BREAKING-FLAWS but instead the things it doesn't have and all that it fails to live up to.

I will admit, the sheer amount of exploring you can do is unparalleled by any Zelda game or most games I've played in general, the graphics are fine and it has some decent music. Mostly everything else, though, felt just half-baked, like sword combat being almost as basic as the N64 games (not talking about weapon/armor variety, I mean just how it feels to fight the monsters), the same loud song being played in every shrine, near-total lack of variety in dungeons and other secret areas, story being underdeveloped, absence of interesting bosses or dungeon setpieces that the series has been developing since Link to the Past, and few, if any, vastly unique items like the Hookshot.

Where almost every Zelda game before botw was solid in almost every area for their respective times, botw advanced the exploration elements only, reverting decades of improvements the games have been making to meet that end. In other words, looking at it as a whole, I find this to be a very mediocre game that I wish would get knocked off its pedestal.
>>
>>385537702

Now you're inventing crap. I didn't call anybody a fag, for starters, or an autist even. And definitely not because of not liking Zelda.

The only thing i ever claimed to be autistic is that list of bullshit parameters and I stand by that. And even i'm okay with the guy standing by his list, even if I think it's stupid. This has nothing to do with not liking Zelda.

If it was a good game, it wouldn't have physics tied to framerate,

Says who. You don't know the reasons behind that decision.

>so you could in theory have it run at whatever FPS you wanted.

In theory you paid for the game and have a switch/wiiU to play it so no, you couldn't run it at whatever fps you wanted.

>I mean for 60 bucks shouldn't I have that freedom to do that?

So for 60 bucks you should have the freedom to play it on an emulator at whatever fps you want. Only you don't really need to pay for it because you're emulating anyway. Totes, man. Down with them.
>>
>>385538763
different anon here, I mostly disagree with your points but I respect your opinion and your presented it rationally which is a rare sight on /v/. If all posts critical of the game were like this then there'd be far less arguing going on.
>>
>>385538964
>I didn't call anyone autistic
>except when I did

lol

>Says who. You don't know the reasons behind that decision.
I know the reasons well. They're lazy and greedy pieces of crap. Why else would they lock massive amounts of content behind DLC paywalls, and then have their drone armies defend this?

>In theory you paid for the game and have a switch/wiiU to play it so no, you couldn't run it at whatever fps you wanted.
So with that in mind, BOTW is far from perfect, infact it's pretty terrible. If it was a PC game, it wouldn't have such a disgusting limitation.

>So for 60 bucks you should have the freedom to play it on an emulator at whatever fps you want.
You're making it sound like a bad thing. Legally I'm completely allowed to do that provided I dump the rom myself.
>>
>>385533237
ZING madafaka!

BoTW is fucking awesome, no doubt about it.
I just regret there are too many shrines with simple combat trial instead of a puzle, yet I tottally get it.

I wonder how the dlc dungeon will come out.
>>
Yeah but isnt this game too easy it doesnt even have a difficulty setting how would a grown man find this game fun. When I got all 4 machines to shoot gannon and finally went to fight him I beat it on my first try. Felt like refunding the game and knew I would never buy another nintendo game again.
>>
File: IMG_1196.jpg (245KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1196.jpg
245KB, 863x752px
>>385526807

>People are still mad about Zelda

>3 months from now they will have to deal with Mario Odyssey too
>>
>>385539746
it does have a difficulty setting, but you need to pony up 80 dollars for it counting amiibos and the season passes.
>>
>>385539924
Is this the first game to make you pay for a difficulty setting? So sad.
>>
And also what the hell was that last " fight " with ganon when he is pig form and you are riding your horse? I felt like it was impossible to lose at that point and it was just omg pretty graphics playable cinematic.
>>
>>385540104
I think other games have done it before, but Nintendo says it's something they want to introduce into all their games. the new Metroid is a prime example (heh).
>>
>>385540216

classic "you've come this far already, just finish it off with something flashy" part of the game.

a lot of games do that.
>>
>>385540743
And alot of games are utter cinematic trash. Surprise surprise.
>>
>>385539396
>I didn't call anyone autistic
>except when I did

Oh well mind to quote?

>I know the reasons well. They're lazy

Yeah, i've bet you've been monitoring their 7 year long development process and laziness was at the core of the creative structure.

>greedy pieces of crap. Why else would they lock massive amounts of content behind DLC paywalls, and then have their drone armies defend this?

That's a completely different conversation and you bringing it about in a discussion of fps tied to physics is just so absurd it makes it even more difficult to take you seriously.

>If i can't run a game at whatever fps I want it's just terrible tier and I won't play it

Man, that's just sad. You gotta be missing out on so many great games it's no wonder why you get so angry

>Legally I'm completely allowed to do that provided I dump the rom myself.

And legally they are allowed to not make that easy for you since the chance for you paying the game for emulating it is so dim that again, it's absurd you throw such a tantrum at it.
>>
>>385540338
>Metroid
>its been 10 years
Damn. And won't be Retro either. For some reason Corruption still feels new in my mind.
>>
>>385540910
>Oh well mind to quote?
>The only thing i ever claimed to be autistic is that list of bullshit parameters and I stand by that.
Funny how you consider yourself the sole arbiter by which things are declared autistic. Heaven forbid a paying customer have some standards. No, it's wrong to hold a company to some sort of line that they don't want crossed.

>Yeah, i've bet you've been monitoring their 7 year long development process and laziness was at the core of the creative structure.
When this massive company can't even guarantee a """stable""" 30 FPS at launch, and they need to fix it with sloppy day 1 patches, then yes, I have enough ground to call them retards with no development expertise.

>That's a completely different conversation
It ties into this perfectly though. Why even bother making DLC when your base game isn't even finished yet? your priorities are skewed.

>Man, that's just sad. You gotta be missing out on so many great games it's no wonder why you get so angry
I haven't missed out on a single game yet since I have standards.

>And legally they are allowed to not make that easy for you
What are they gonna do? Arrest me for legally owning a copy and then dumping the file for my personal use? Actually you know what, they probably would try that if only to bleed me dry from court costs because they're corrupt corporate bastards. Getting some eerie flashbacks to Sony computer entertainment vs. Bleem!.
>>
>>385526807
I'm so impressed with Fujibayashi. I lost all hope after Skyward Sword, but now it feels like he really gets it.
>>
>>385541302
>Funny how you consider yourself the sole arbiter by which things are declared autistic.

Hey, we're improving here. You finally understood i wasn't calling people autistic, but THINGS. I don't care for the rest of that part of the post, btw. The only standard that matters is the game being fun or not, and that's subjective.

>I have enough ground to call them retards with no development expertise.

That's the most pretentious shit I could expect from this conversation. You just ruined any credibility you could still hold.

The rest of your post is just pointless rethoric about stuff that has completely gone off rails from discussing the game. In the end it's just about a game i can enjoy but you can not.

If one should be upset about this, that's definitely not me.
>>
>>385543298
>Hey, we're improving here.
Just what the argument needed: someone being condescending. Lovely.

>That's the most pretentious shit I could expect from this conversation. You just ruined any credibility you could still hold.
why is that exactly? Because I'm not mindlessly praising their lazy work? I'm sorry if this goes against this generation's tendency of giving everyone a participation award, but I don't reward lazy games and I don't excuse bad game design.
>>
>>385543587

>Just what the argument needed: someone being condescending. Lovely.
Well you embarrassed yourself with the victim complex obsession of me calling you names that never was so condescendence was all I could give you after you tried to act as if nothing happened as soon as you realized i never insulted anyone at any point.

And I really wonder what you do with your life to call long-term ambitious projects like the one being discussed "lazy work".

Look, pic related is the party they threw after finishing their ultimate scam for the switch. Little they knew you could see through their lies and phony programming.
>>
File: zelda-wrap-up-party-1.jpg (235KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-wrap-up-party-1.jpg
235KB, 1200x900px
>>385544565
woops
>>
>>385541302
You are kind of being shat on here, you got the wrong end of the stick of the 1st post you replied to, pigeon-holed that poster as something he isnt and have now dug your heels in. Just saying.

The irony is I think that other anon who posted the image is literally autistic (I don't mean this as an insult, it's a genuine suspicion, no offense one way or the other).
>>
>>385544565
>Well you embarrassed yourself with the victim complex obsession of me calling you names
Except I had proof. You even admitted you were just throwing buzzwords around. "b-but I was just calling the list autistic" and why were you doing that? Because Zelda wasn't being praised?

>And I really wonder what you do with your life to call long-term ambitious projects like the one being discussed "lazy work".
I follow devs who actually put their heart and soul into a project, so much so that they refuse to charge money for it because they actually want to give something to the world, instead of being blinded by corporate greed.

>Look, pic related is the party they threw after finishing their ultimate scam for the switch
Oh wow, people eating food! Man, I feel like such a fool, because I eat food too! Really gets the neurons firing.

>>385544652
Really, I don't know why there's so much hostility. I'm not even saying opeople can't like the game, and I don't think I've ever implied that. I just want the freedom to criticize the game, even if it means people also have the freedom to counter-criticize my arguments. Unfortunately it's led to nothing but console war shitposting and people posting the same tired images over and over. "haha salty sony fags, salty! XD". It's tiring.
>>
>>385528021
hah, okay sure. no matter how hard you all meme it can't stop botw.

botw will live forever. it will win the game of this year for multiple publications. no amount of shitposting will stop that. I hope you are ready.
>>
>>385545267
>"b-but I was just calling the list autistic" and why were you doing that? Because Zelda wasn't being praised?

No he said that because your listed criteria for judging the quality of a game genuinely are retarded, and he has exposed a couple of them in a way you have failed to refute (the 60fps/120fps thing for example). Seriously i've seen you post that list before and I thought at the time that your criteria are ass-backwards and demonstrate a real misunderstanding of why people play games at all (as well as, i'm guessing, the development process of a game).

>Really, I don't know why there's so much hostility.

You literally opened by calling people shills. You're a hypocrite.
>>
>>385545267
>Except I had proof.

Proof of fucking what. You accused me of calling people names and I fucking never did.

>You even admitted you were just throwing buzzwords around. "b-but I was just calling the list autistic"

Don't need to add the stutter. I was just calling the list autistic. I didn't even have to "admit" it because i was always open about that opinion. In each single post.

why were you doing that?Because Zelda wasn't being praised?
Because the picture tries to convey some kind of "objetiveness" in its parameters it's actually amusing because of the irony. For the last time, it never was about not praising Zelda. I've said it countless times.

>I follow devs who actually put their heart and soul into a project, so much so that they refuse to charge money for it

Yeah, when the game so good you can't charge for it right? Holy shit anon, you lost all perspective.

>Oh wow, people eating food! Man, I feel like such a fool, because I eat food too! Really gets the neurons firing.

It's refreshing to see people celebrating creating something good together. You can see how happy and proud they are. Normally people can relate to it but unsurprisingly, you can't.
>>
File: four-nose-hooks.jpg (49KB, 512x566px) Image search: [Google]
four-nose-hooks.jpg
49KB, 512x566px
It's been 5 (FIVE) months. The battle lines were drawn long ago. Nobody is shifting.

All the blood and tears in the world won't erase BotW from the history books though.
>>
>>385546108
That meme doesnt even prove anything. BotW WILL win GOTY whether we are critical of publications or not. Its going to kill you guys
>>
>>385532431
>>
>>385546495
>No he said that because your listed criteria for judging the quality of a game genuinely are retarded,
Again you have no proof of this.

>the 60fps/120fps thing for example).
As the customer I have the right to determine what FPS a game should run at.

>demonstrate a real misunderstanding of why people play games at all
For gameplay? And if I find flaws in that gameplay, am I not entitled to criticize them?

>You literally opened by calling people shills
Because they were calling people autists and faggots for merely saying they didn't like the game?

>>385546520
>Proof of fucking what. You accused me of calling people names and I fucking never did.
Except for the whole "autist" deal.

>Because the picture tries to convey some kind of "objetiveness" in its parameters
And by what metric are they not in some way based in objectivity?

>Yeah, when the game so good you can't charge for it right?
More like not falling into the "more money =better product" trap of modern game development.

>It's refreshing to see people celebrating creating something good together.
Just like those scumbags at No Man's Sky celebrated their abortion of a game?
>>
>>385547151
Did TLOU kill me? No, not really. I simply refuse to consider it GOTY until a non-marketer actually gives me a good reason.
>>
>>385529504
W101 is GotY material, and Pikmin 3 came close
>>
>>385547750
>W101 is GOTY material
Not with that pathetic metacritic score.
>>
>>385529504
>Only GOTY the Wii U got was Bayonetta 2. It used to be reliable to throw money down at a Nintendo system just because the odds that they'll make something that BTFOs every other game that year was high enough

Breath Of The Wild is on Wii U too.
>>
>>385547610
>Except for the whole "autist" deal.

We're going full circle here. I called your list autistic. Not you. Get over it, really.

>And by what metric are they not in some way based in objectivity?

Because they don't objetively convey the quality of a game. Those "objective parameters" are shallow gimmicks at best that talk nothing about game mechanics or design. You can have a game that nails everything in your list and still be fucking boring shit that no one would play.

>More like not falling into the "more money =better product" trap of modern game development.

Yeah, because the solution to that is just no money at all. Devs don't really need to eat or have a disposable income.
Or maybe they do, and need to get a job. They can make the games in their free time, right? Games don't need that much time anyway.

>Just like those scumbags at No Man's Sky celebrated their abortion of a game?

Yes, only in this case they didn't lie in interviews or false advertised in the games box.

And this wasn't answering to me but

>As the customer I have the right to determine what FPS a game should run at.

No, you fucking don't. FPS count is a design decision and it's up to the dev in what way this is managed. There's lots of ways in which FPS could affect the way the game behaves.

I really hope you're making a game and that it's fucking great or something because being so disgustingly entitled needs to amount to something at least.
>>
File: Dwarf Fort.jpg (5KB, 122x177px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Fort.jpg
5KB, 122x177px
>>385549474
>I called your list autistic. Not you.
But what is the difference? I'm not even offended at it being called autistic, I'm just puzzled that for a man who claims to be reasonable, you'll just discard an entire list of justifications because you don't agree with them.

>You can have a game that nails everything in your list and still be fucking boring shit that no one would play.
That's highly improbable since the entire point of the list is for gameplay to be given top priority and to actually be made well without needing gimmicks.

>Yeah, because the solution to that is just no money at all.
You know, the best indie games that have ever been made were made on a shoestring budget and released for free, so I fail to see your point.

>Yes, only in this case they didn't lie in interviews or false advertised in the games box.
Oh nintendo was pretty guilty of that, like when they said they wouldn't do DLC because they wanted to offer a complete game, or how they don't like rushing games because a delayed game is eventually good? Yet Zelda not only had day 1 DLC, but needed day 1 patches just to work properly. Pretty scummy lies if you ask me.

>No, you fucking don't.
The customer is always right.

>I really hope you're making a game and that it's fucking great or something
I've been following pic related for a long time, and it soundly destroys Zelda in every single category available.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.