[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are things you hope to see in this game I hope they improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Red_Dead_Redemption_2.png (151KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption_2.png
151KB, 300x381px
What are things you hope to see in this game

I hope they improve the horse controls. I am replying RDR and I dont like how riding the horse is constantly pressing A in an awkward rhythm to maintain the stamina boost. They need to make the default speed a bit faster or improve the stamina meter
>>
Can't wait to for exclusives horses in RDR Online.
>>
PC port in the future. I have nothing against consoles, I have my PS4, I just want to enjoy a game with proper resolution and fps.

I don't mind waiting a year for it either, as long as it arrives.
>>
focus on multi-player is going to ruin this game, just like gta v. wait and see
>>
>>385524315
Micro-Transactions and the single player campaign cut painfully short so they can focus on their online component again

Can't wait
>>
>>385524315

No Jack Marston.
>>
>>385524865
>>385524421
>>385524979

People are starting to get way too paranoid about this online focus. Yeah, GTA V's online isn't that great, but the base game itself was still pretty damn fun, and I don't think they'll totally nerf the base game of RDR2.
>>
>>385525135
They did cancel the promised single player story dlc to bring more focus to online with GTAV.

They got away with it there, stands to reason they'll do it more brazenly this time.
>>
File: Self_Explanatory.jpg (44KB, 400x442px) Image search: [Google]
Self_Explanatory.jpg
44KB, 400x442px
>>385524315

>What are things you hope to see in this game

Diversity quotas just to piss off people looking forward to the game

And you know it is going to happen
>>
>>385525246

Is single player DLC really that essential? I mean people jack off the DLC for GTA IV but I didnt think it was that amazing. And Undead Nightmare was also pretty meh. The way I see it as long as they focus a lot on the main game DLC isn't crucial
>>
>>385525401
The DLC isn't the point, the point is they've already proven they don't mind stiffing single player gamers for online.
>>
>>385525135
rdr2 was already advertised as having a 'unique/new multiplayer' or some shit, if that doesn't mean focus on online i don't know what does
>>
>>385525135
but the support Rockstar has given to gta v has been multi-player only. I'm afraid they are going to use all of their resources on that instead.

granted, I'm sure the single player is going to be great, I just want it to be next to perfect
>>
>>385525401
>I mean people jack off the DLC for GTA IV but I didnt think it was that amazing. And Undead Nightmare was also pretty meh
As far as DLC goes, it couldn't have been done any better
>>
>>385525637
technically Witcher 3 DLC is the best that's ever been done, so it can be done better.

I hope Rockstar is taking ideas from all kinds of open world games to create a true masterpiece.

fuck multi-player
>>
>>385524315
>I hope they improve the horse controls.
speaking of, NO RACES

I can justify them in their games with actual cars but where my nag wants to make a sudden nosedive into a ravine for NO REASON in content that should be optional its unforgivable
>>
>>385524865
I don't think RDR has the capacity for such expansive online features like that in GTA5. No vehicles, urban sprawl, modernity, aircraft, etc.
>>
>>385524315
rockstar is moving away from single player so I expect most of the effort to be put into the online so its already dead.
>>
>>385526151
good point, but them saying "unique multi-player experience" has me worried. I did enjoy rdr multi more than gta v
>>
>>385524421
>>385524865
>>385524979
>>385526234

You people are aware that GTA V and RDR aren't designed by the same studios? Yes they are both under Rockstar, but GTA is made by Rockstar North while RDR is made by Rockstar San Diego. So I don't think you can say it's going to work the exact same
>>
When I first five played Red Dead I was blown away by it. Recently I replayed it with the hud and auto aim off for maximum immersion and it just felt off. The opening two hours or so are fantastic but then the game falls into the Rockstar formula of "meet character who said he'll finally help you find the guy you're looking for only to find out that he needs just one more favor (he swears!) so reluctantly do this unrelated mission for him and upon meeting him next time get told that he needs another favor and so on and so on until you do a contrived 'big fight' mission that actually progresses the story, then repeat ten more times." GTA IV had a similar structure but the missions were more open and interesting, able to be completed in different ways, and the subplots for those missions made me invested in doing them (the diamonds arc, the heroin arc, the government arc, etc.). I don't know, lads. Parts of Red Dead were fantastic, the atmosphere was top notch, but I wasn't expecting to be so disappointed by most of the story. Lounging around and playing poker all day was more interesting to me than 90% of the missions.
>>
>>385526334

I agree with your criticism about the story. That constant "Oh I'll help you find this person, but do one more favor for me please!" gets extremely aggravating.
>>
>>385526331
>thinking Take Two won't step in and do EXACTLY what they're saying
I know you don't want it to happen but come on man.
>>
>>385526123
those were awful but let's be honest, races will 1005 be in.
i also hated how tracks made your horse go faster so you just spammed x all race since the horse pretty much auto-steered
>>
>>385524315

The fucking wagon controls in this game are god awful. I understand it's supposed to feel more awkward than a plain horse, but jesus
>>
>>385526516
yeah take two knows what's making them money when it comes to gta v : shark cards and multi-player stuff
>>
Is there a "correct" way to ride the horses in this game? I never know how to really deal with that stamina meter. I end up pressing A, waiting a few seconds, then pressing it again to keep the stamina high, but it still feels awkward. It's hard to really focus on the landscape when you have to keep track of that stamina meter all the time.
>>
>>385526151
that may be true but they can still make a billion items to sell, from carriages and rafts to gun and horses, especially if they add in-depth customization
>>
>>385526756
The game gives you the best stamina horse in the game during the final Bonnie missions. Unless it dies you never have to worry about it.
>>
>>385526756
You sit on the horses. Then you ride them.
>>
>>385526756
spur them 5-6 times, wait a bit and repeat. i never had to watch stamina outside of races
>>
>>385526756
I used to press X every 2 seconds, always max speed and horse never tired
>>
File: 1486521175902.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486521175902.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>385526756
>watch the stamina meter
I played the whole game with the HUD turned off and I'd like to tell you you're a dumbass.
>>
>>385525135
> I don't think they'll totally nerf the base game of RDR2.
true, but ever creeping process starts with things hardly anyone could object to, and rockstar is beginning to show signs.

Lets hope it stays that way, but wariness and scepticism is warranted.
>>
>>385526151
It depends on what year the game takes place in, rdr was 1911 which was after the ford model t began production and right in the timeframe of the wright model b, the first mass produced airplane.
>>
>>385525291
The old west was actually a diverse place though.
>>
>>385526123
>NO RACES
If they are good and optional, why not?
>>
File: 1422124573219.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1422124573219.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>385524315
Why do people even like the first game so much? RDR is one of those few super hyped games whose popularity I just can't understand no matter what. The world is barren and empty and mostly just bland brown prairie, the gameplay is ridiculously repetitive with 90% of your quests being "Go there, shoot everyone and come back" and the game has a shitload of graphical glitches, not to mention that the drawing distance is one of the worst ones I've ever seen. Overall it's essentially just a poor man's GTA set in the wild west and a 6/10 at best, but I guess since it's a Rockstar game it's a 10/10 by default no matter what the content.
>inb4 all those people who rate games purely by their character writing and are willing to overlook any and all flaws in gameplay and world design
>>
>>385527516
it cant possibly take place after that cause there simply was no more wild west.

1911 is already pushing it a lot and i think they only did it to have semi-auto guns in the game
>>
File: 1493402114632.png (592KB, 831x591px) Image search: [Google]
1493402114632.png
592KB, 831x591px
>>385527767
>WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS GEAM?
>THE REASON WHY PEOPLE RATE IT HIGHER THAN A 6/10 DOESNT COUNT THO
>>
>>385527767
You have A.D.D. so the game isn't for you. Just play overwatch or something.
>>
>>385527776
Repeaters, revolvers, etc. Were in use by the Civil War so if they did it to avoid using muzzle loaded guns then they have a broad time frame to use.
>>
>>385527776
One of the most famous westerns of all time "The Wild Bunch" takes place in early ww1 and the characters have 1911s, pump action shotguns, and a maxim machine gun.
>>
>>385528054
So you're saying that character writing alone can turn a game into a masterpiece even if the gameplay is mediocre, the world is empty and the game is filled with glitches and runs like shit? Okay then. I guess that mentality also explains why The Last of Us is the best game of all time. Who needs good gameplay in a video game anyway when you can just have a generic third person shooter with good characters.
>>
>>385528325
What the hell are you talking about, the civil war was in the 1860s and most westerns take place years after that
>>
>>385525485
Single Player only is a super small percentage of people playing games, of course they're going to go where the money is.

The board will complain about this while at the same time bitching about diversity even though white people are still represented, and whine about how they're catering to minorities.
>>
>>385528325
Not repeaters which are lever operated, he's talking about automatic feed which first came about in 1885
>>
>>385528453
>So you're saying that character writing alone
No. Learn how to read.
>>
>>385528926
Im pretty sure there werent any auto loaders until the turn of the century or maybe like two years before.
>>
>>385529202
What am I supposed to read? Your meme picture or the greentext, neither of which contained any arguments whatsoever.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.