[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this game have the most retarded playerbase of all MMORPGs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 522
Thread images: 69

File: GTzX0JY.png (672KB, 1500x821px) Image search: [Google]
GTzX0JY.png
672KB, 1500x821px
Does this game have the most retarded playerbase of all MMORPGs?

>People keep fucking up the simplest mechanics even after 10 wipes and people telling them how to handle it several times
>Even at lv70 you have tons of players who STILL dont know how to play their fucking class which results in DPS classes dealing less damage than the fucking tank or healer
>In forums they constantly bitch to nerf everything thats too hard for them to grasp
>Safezone mentality, you get reportet if you hurt their feelings by telling them to stop dying every 3 minutes or at least get kicked

Its mind-boggling how utterly bad this games community is. Which is a shame because the game itself is really good and probably would be far better if it werent for those shitters Yoshi needs to pander to.
>>
What did you expect? The game attracts mostly fat virgins who wants to erp with catsluts dressed like hookers. The rest of the game is just there to get new kawaii gear.
>>
Aus here.

Cant dodge everything because lag is fucked
>>
QUEUE FOR DUNSCAITH FUCKERS I NEED TO RUN IT FOR THE FIRST TIME
>>
>>385523791
average estimated wait 30 minutes
time expired 101 minutes
>>
>tank and/or healer bitching nonstop at people not performing optimally all while fucking up themselves because they're typing out their rage in-battle like the fucking morons they're accusing others to be
>surprised forums have people bitching when this is been a common-staple to MMOs since Everquest
>being so much of a cunt you can't accept people fuck up and would rather cry like a child instead of leaving the group and re-queue

MMOs are pure fucking cancer for the trash-tier players they attract from both shit players and crybaby elitists
>>
>>385523791
wait for raid roulette :^)
>>
>>385522131
yes
>>
>>385524373
>>385523791
1 tank 3 healers 2 dps
>>
File: dragoonrotation.png (124KB, 1020x830px) Image search: [Google]
dragoonrotation.png
124KB, 1020x830px
>>385522131
>healer who doesn't dps
>tank who blows all of his cooldowns at the same time at the beginning of a 1-pack pull
>tank who doesn't do a single skill to hold aggro so one of the dpsers has to tank
>dps who deals less damage than the healer
>dps who just does 1 123 combo constantly
>dps who can't even do this one 123 combo correctly
My favorite way of fucking with a healer not dpsing was to go dps stance so he would at least have to spend all of his time using healing skills
>>
File: 1498362277623.jpg (26KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
1498362277623.jpg
26KB, 720x533px
>>385524124
If MMOs showed me one thing, its the fact that DSP really is the average modern gamer. Some bosses have pisseasy mechanics that couldnt be more straight forward, yet people STILL fuck them up.

>Okay guys, at some point in the fight you see water at one of the ledges, you need to go there immediately or else you get shoved off of the map, you just need to pay attention at the map
>5 our of 8 people fall off the map 2 minutes later
>Okay, at least now youve seen how it works, so lets give it another try
>same shit happens

Like, WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with these people. You need to stay focused a little fucking bit and apparently this shit still overtaxes people. Its pathetic, really.
>>
>>385524663
Looks like some 12 year old just mashed the buttons with moves that looked cool to him.
>>
>He doesn't have friends he can play with so he can avoid the shitty userbase
>>
File: salut.png (73KB, 772x820px) Image search: [Google]
salut.png
73KB, 772x820px
>>385524663
>>
>muh parse
>>
File: 1445689602588.jpg (2MB, 3150x2910px) Image search: [Google]
1445689602588.jpg
2MB, 3150x2910px
No, when Guild Wars 2 exist.
>>
>get to SB crafting
>80 durabilities are easy as shit
>40 are suddenly impossible
fug
>>
>>385524946
honestly, when I was starting out NIN the rotation took all my attention. Now, after 20 hours of being at the cap I don't have to pay so much attention to CDs and shit anymore, but before I had to tunnel vision hard.
>>
>>385528606

Are you at or below the level of the recipe? You can get in fewer hasty hits if you have to waste it on progress by being underleveled.
>>
>>385528794
Lv.64, i190 trying to HQ cottonseed oil. Not sure about the recipe level but I was able to do the one immediately before it without breaking a sweat
>>
File: 1498322257985.png (72KB, 449x498px) Image search: [Google]
1498322257985.png
72KB, 449x498px
>>385522131
>cross compatible with PS4
>"Where are these bad players coming from?"
>>
>>385522131

Two years ago some guy ran some tests for story missions / raid / primal clears and about 95% of its player base didn't had clears to all of the above. This just goes to show that only brain dead casuals play this game. I came back recently and wasn't surprised to see how everything got severely toned down so that the average retard could clear it, raids included.
>>
>>385528786
But its a god damn MSQ trial i mean, i tunnel vision in savage mode when i havent grasped the mechanics enough, in that case i sacrifice my rotation to stay alive and learn the fight properly

Sometimes in savage raids i go full retard though, thinking i know all the fight, go with a perfect rotation till i fuck up a mechanic, but after one wipe i'm ready to fix my mistake.
>>
>>385529627
They didn't get toned down aside from a couple specific ones, it's easier because the gear level went up
Some of the content are literally impossible to clear because you will never assemble a party for them thanks to the """""""""""""""""raiding"""""""""""""""""""" playerbase being made up of complete pussies who wouldn't set foot in them again without unsync.
>>
File: 1490821085650.gif (154KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490821085650.gif
154KB, 360x360px
>v2s pug
>still new to Sam, but doing it for the slashing debuff
>dps knockback part
>think "oh this'll look cool"
>gap closer the moment I get knocked back
>instant realisation as soon as I hit the button
>Kill everyone
>get kicked
Never playing samurai again
>>
>>385522131
you think this but I still remember how retarded the average WOW player was. After a while you just realize that people are retarded/they don't care enough to learn anything about the game. The French are a combination of both.
>>
>>385530273

Everything got toned down, Lakshmi, Susano, Raids, Dungeons everything is miles easier from how it was in ARR. I felt it and it was disgusting.

>it's easier because the gear level went up

What? No, you weren't supposed to clear raids with that iLvl WITH pugs. The mechanics are way too simple compared to how it was in ARR. This is a clear indicator how where the direction of this game went over these last two years and it was probably due to that data, casuals ran this game to the ground.
>>
>>385523723
I know how you feel man, the fact that my favourite class is Dragoon only makes it worse.
>>
>>385530667
>Lakshmi, Susano, Raids
sure
>Dungeons
wtf are you smoking?
People were speed running HW dungeons after like 2 days already
>>
>>385526528
god that's made even worse knowing that Fire IV and Blizzard IV are available at that time
>>
>>385530827

Pharos Sirius pre nerf along with those others say hello~
>>
File: oh three.jpg (178KB, 196x1134px) Image search: [Google]
oh three.jpg
178KB, 196x1134px
>>385530667
Lakshmi is braindead, Susano isn't any more or less hard than an average ARR primal, take off your nostalgia goggles. You were new to EX primals back then, but ARR EXs are simple mechanically. Feel free to queue for them again and see how easy they are for yourself. Halicarnassus is still fucking impossible with pugs.

>you weren't supposed to clear raids with that iLvl
>The mechanics are way too simple
iLvl = stats gate
Has nothing to do with mechanics.
>>
>>385530994
PS HM wasn't in until 3.1
>>
>>385531024
>iLvl = stats gate
>Has nothing to do with mechanics.
not him and I generally agree, but higher ilvl allows for more mistakes since a death or two won't mean you hit the enrage timer anymore. Also means you can play it more safely without having to dps to the last second.
>>
>>385531169
he's talking about normal Pharos Sirius, which was pretty tough on release and wiped a lot of PUGs
>>
>>385529120

What's your CP at?
>>
>>385531024
doing titan ex at minimum ilvl compared to ilvl 130 is like a night and day difference in difficulty. people at minimum ilvl at nearly dead after 2 stomps on the floor. meanwhile at ilvl 130 it fucking tickles.
>>
>>385531327
>he's talking about normal Pharos Sirius
that was ARR in which case it's moot to complain about casualization in SB since it would arguably have happened in HW
>>
>>385531363
Nice try FBI
>>
>>385531327
>>385530994
>first boss
>constant wipes in PUG
>banish 3 obliterating us
>people not understanding the egg mechanic for the bird

jesus christ i hated that place back in the day
>>
>playing since 2.3 or so
>mainly use SCH, play some AST when 3.0 hits
>discover just yesterday that Regen is insta-cast

Holy shit FUCK everything. I've been playing the wrong healers for two goddamn years.
>>
>>385531519
What do you mean
AST also has an instacast regen
>>
>>385531024

>Halicarnassus is still fucking impossible with pugs.

I cleared V3 on the second week with pugs, first week we were constantly hitting enrage.

>Susano isn't any more or less hard than an average ARR primal, take off your nostalgia goggles.

That's incorrect, there are barely any mechanics in the fight all that you have to do is run back to beat it. The easiest primal in ARR was probably Ifrit and you had to do a ton of shit (Which is even more complicated that what we got for ((Raids)) to beat it along with doing enough DPS to reach the tight DPS Req it had at the time.

>You were new to EX primals back then, but ARR EXs are simple mechanically.

I'm actually a Legacy player so it was a lot more simple for me actually.
>>
>>385531617
Yeah, and that was good when I didn't know WHM's was also instant. AST just feels like garbage to me now, and I'm not sure why.
>>
Why is the HW trailer so much better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUx6xH1VlA
>>
>>385524663
>My favorite way of fucking with a healer not dpsing was to go dps stance so he would at least have to spend all of his time using healing skills

>My favorite way of fucking with a healer is to die and wipe the party
Boy you sure showed them.
>>
>>385531619
>Ifrit and you had to do a ton of shit
like what
dodging plumes like you did in hard
divebombs like you did in hard
baiting aoes
one healer fucks off from the group

meanwhile O3S shits out 6 different attacks within the first minute
>>
>>385531445

I was talking about ARR since i skipped HW entirely due to the casualization pandering that was happening at the time (They nerfed that bridge fight with a giant dragon). I just nope'd out asap
>>
>>385531995
A training dummy having 30% more HP doesn't make it any less braindead anyway
People will fail it but at the end of the day it's still a training dummy
>>
>>385522131
So does this game have a good story? My friend who got me into it was raving about how good the story was but all I've experienced so far is:
>You're the chosen one
>Our job is to stop primals
>Find out where the primal is
>You can't kill him yet do 30 missions before we trust you
>Oh no the primal killing people are dead/captured
>You want the legendary airship? We won't help you until you do 50 quests for us
It feels like there's potential in the story but it's full of endless padding
>>
>>385531813
Because youre a DRG bab.
Real answer is because it had stuff from the MSQ like the end of 2.55, us leaving to ishguard for refuge so it actually had some story. Meanwhile the SB trailer
>Look its you and a random girl (at the time) fighting
>Pan to asia land
>H-he cut the bullets MASAKA?!!!
>STORM OF BLOOD BORN OF BLOOD *hawk screech*
>>
>>385531880

That's more mechanics than >Just run back LOL
>>
I finally got to the Praetorium. I was forced to do Castrum Meridianum unsynced, and it felt pretty lame.

Any chance I could convince 7 people to do the Praetorium synced with me?
>>
>>385532196
Don't tell me you didn't get goosebumps when they showed a whole new continent for us to explore/
>>
>>385532119
It is endless padding. That's the curse of an MMO. I found ARR to be a mindless slog, personally. HW is really good, but I have a boner for dragons. SB is all right; I would have preferred more political intrigue myself.

Overall, it's not as good as people say, but it's serviceable.
>>
>>385532118

It wasn't just HP, they nerfed its damage aswell and reduced its hitbox so the stomps wouldn't 1 hit ko you and the shockwave wouldn't take out half of your HP.
>>
>>385532361
Alright that was exciting, but then it lead to disappointment when we dont get to actually explore the whole land.
>>
File: sushi.jpg (76KB, 1440x876px) Image search: [Google]
sushi.jpg
76KB, 1440x876px
>>385532361
not him but I got goosebumps when they showed this
then it turned out to be a side dungeon but whatever
it's getting a hard mode for sure and it makes me hard
best vista in stormblood
>>
>>385532325
just queue for it in duty finder, but expect people to rush through it. if you want people to go slow for you then get some friends.
>>
>>385532325
Put up a party finder.
>>
>>385531875
>implying we wiped
I'm not shit at tanking
>>
>>385532435
Okay so ARR is just padding? I'm close to the end but I feel like nothing meaningful has happened in the story
>>
File: ffxiv_07042017_113853.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07042017_113853.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385523791
I waited 186 minutes for World of Darkness
I already cleared it before, but I wanted to play it again
>>
File: 1492300711756.png (333KB, 448x493px) Image search: [Google]
1492300711756.png
333KB, 448x493px
>>385532804
>Tanks in damage stance
>"I'm not shit at tanking"
>>
>>385531875
You can DPS stance through everything in this game outside of Savage. You can probably get away with it in O1S at least, too.
>>
>>385532987
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>385531454

434? is that with food? In any case, this may not be optimal for how many CP you've got, but this macro has been doing good for me.

Granted, this is assuming the recipe will be done with 2 'Focused synthesis'. It uses 407 CP, so adjust as needed. Hell with how much CP you've got you can slap on ingenuity at the end.

---- Part 1 -----

/ac "Comfort Zone" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Inner Quiet" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Observe" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Focused Synthesis" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand II" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Waste Not" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Hasty Touch II" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Master's Mend" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Comfort Zone" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Waste Not" <me><wait.3>

-------- Part 2 -------

/ac "Great Strides" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Innovation" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Observe" <me><wait.3>
/ac "Focused Synthesis" <me><wait.3>

I'm pretty sure you get all that shit by 64... although if you don't have the cross class skills, gonna need adjusting again.

Not 100%, but pretty close.
>>
Anyone else like to chill at camp bronze lake? It's so comfy
>>
>>385532934
>not swapping to DPS stance after grabbing a bit of an aggro lead
sounds like you're the shitter here
>>
>>385531784
>>385531519
SCH has instant cast regen it's called whispering dawn or just having your fairy out at all.
>>
>>385532821
Basically, yeah. And it's generally a repeat of the same story anyways. "Oh no, the Beastmen have summoned a Primal! We need to attune to crystals and stop their bullshit! Then kill it!" Repeat ad nauseum. Then there's some shit about Garlemald.

HW actually has an arc. And so does SB. I don't blame people at all for using jump potions for ARR, but I generally think HW is worth it.
>>
>>385532934
Stop being a bitch

Bosses don't even hit hard outside of tank busters
>>
>>385522131
It's the unfortunate result of marketing to ERPfags while locking access to the story and setting behind semi-challenging group content.
>>
>>385523723
>>385530725
use mudfish its like 3$ a month
also yea >tfw DRG main switched to SAM and its somehow even more boring
>>
>>385532934
I was making sure the dungeon didn't take 40 minutes when it could have taken 20 by dealing more damage in dps stance as the healer was a fucking shitstain like you. Did you even read the reply chain?
>>
>>385524946

First time I did just leviathan I made sure to position correctly even though the walls are there to catch you.

It was fun seeing every single other party member slide into the walls.
>>
>>385522131
>casual MMO
>Why is everyone a fucking casual?
>>
>>385533049
In everything besides Savage, you absolutely should be in DPS stance as much as possible, especially if your healer is an AST (which are most of them these days)
DRK even wants to drop grit for AoE tanking since Blood Weapon Quietus spam with the occasional DA Abyssal Drain for self-healing is totally batshit bonkers.
>>
>>385533073
>>
>>385533049
>Stop playing your job to the best of its abilities
>You should get carried like the rest of us
>Stop trying to make me look bad

I can safely say that this is the only MMO where people are actually upset someone doesn't wanna get carried.
>>
>>385532687
By rush, do you mean they'll be pissed if I watch cutscenes? They can't just nuke everything if we're synced right?
>>
>>385533270
sam begins at lv68, not lv60 in palace
NOTHING will be worse than drg's zero variation 1-2-3-4 + whacking ogcds. i don't know how drgs even put up with that shit
>>
>>385533110
I played SCH for two years, and I won't play it again until they decide what they want the Job to be. Is it a mitigation healer, or a healer that relies on powerful healing abilities tied to a very limited resource? They don't seem to know.

Furthermore, WD is on a cooldown, and the fairy can only "Regen" one target at a time. WHM just feels the most coherent right now, and I'm disappointed that I waited 'til now to level it. But at least this way I'll have them all leveled, so that when SE inevitably fucks up the balance next patch, I'll be able to fall back on the one that's least fucked.
>>
>>385524946
this game has lots of audio ques too for mechanics but for some reason people decide to blast some gay ass music on their PS4 or PC so they don't hear it.
>>
>>385533278
Everyone has a job to play in the group.
The DPS should be dealing damage, if the dungeon is taking 40 minutes then how the fuck is that the healer's fault?
If you're a tank it's your job to tank, not to be an impatient piece of shit who risks a wipe for an insignificant increase to party damage.
>>
>>385533121
Good thing im almost done ARR because I have no idea what my friend sees in this story after refusing to play Xenoblade and dropping everything else to play it
>>
>>385533445
by rush, I mean people will leave you behind and kill enemies and shit while you watch cutscenes. the dungeon is way too easy and people just want to get it over with for EXP roulette.
>>
>>385533445
they can, but enjoy the cutscenes anyways. They can't vote kick you when viewing them and ignore their "advice" to "watch them at the inn"
>>
>>385533485
Just sounds to me that you don't bother to learn the fights and know when to shield so you prefer to be a reactive healer instead of a predictive healer. Enjoy your boring "rotation" on whm I guess.
>>
>>385530421
Its v2s, avoid any kind of movement to minimize the fuck ups.
>Edgy DRG SAM NIN doing their positionals
>stack mechanic
>they stack too late
>wipe
>Long drop mechanic
>they use gap closer early
>wipe
>Unstable gravity stack
>they are busy doing positionals
>stack late
>vuln stack, possible wipe

Feels good to play RDM and do optimal damage without even using displacement all the time
>>
>>385533541

He's a tank, anon, most of them think they're the center of the universe.
>>
>>385533541
>I've never played anything harder than 24 mans
>>
>>385533558
Xenoblade is shittier, and even more so if you play the localization.
>>
>>385533073

No, that's where all the ERPers hang out.
>>
>>385533676
Sounds to me like you're making assumptions on an anonymous basket-weaving community and don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Par for the course for this game's community, I suppose.
>>
>>385522131
>Does this game have the most retarded playerbase of all MMORPGs?
No, that would be the GW2 fanbase for still eating up that shit. Join us next week when that garbage heap's next expansion gets announced.
t. GW1 fan
>>
>>385533482
DRG is babies first dps, like PLD is babies first tank, and WHM is babies first healer.
>>
>my fc think I'm really good for some reason
>I'm actually shitty
>raid tomorrow and I'm losing sleep
I'm gonna make an ass of myself and have to transfer
>>
>>385533824
>Actually dissing the Xenoblade dub
Fuck off weeb
>>
>>385533923
FFXIV is babies first MMO.
>>
>>385532251
Did you even do the fight senpai. I aint saying its hard but to imply that ifrit had more mechanics
>>
>>385533923

To be fair, WHM is babies first healer because it's literally the only healing class you can start with.
>>
>>385533923
But MNK is the easiest DPS to learn/master.
>>
>>385532590
Hard mode dungeons are not even hard, its just a continuation of said dungeon
>>
File: Nofun_robot.jpg (59KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
Nofun_robot.jpg
59KB, 448x473px
>This entire thread
>>
>>385533992
babies first MMO would be runescape or club pengiun
>>
>>385534082
>this entire board
>>
File: Ganon lion.jpg (15KB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
Ganon lion.jpg
15KB, 245x276px
>>385533541
>>385533707
>being a cuck who takes 40 minutes to do dungeons on his roulette when they could be done far quicker
I bet you only use half your skills and think you're good at the game because you don't place last on dps while doing a normal mode raid
>>
>>385534098
Habbo Hotel
>>
File: 10c.jpg (59KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
10c.jpg
59KB, 390x390px
>make it to a certain phase
>every prog party for that phase has an autistic "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" description
i'll never clear this tier
>>
>>385533541
Great, the forum fags are leaking out
>>
>>385534232
V3S? I decided to not pug it since it requires actual coordination and efficient teammates
>>
>>385533538
holy shit this so fucking much.
>>
>>385534213
>Finish my roulette five minutes sooner
>Five more minutes I can spend being idle in Rhalgr's Reach
There's nothing to do at endgame, what's your hurry?
>>
>>385534006

All you do is run back, that's it.
>>
>>385534408
are you talking about lakshmi
>>
>>385534404
Shitpost more on /v/
>>
>>385522131
>he hasn't played wow on a private server
>>
>>385534452

Susan
>>
File: 1501190221295.gif (432KB, 300x580px) Image search: [Google]
1501190221295.gif
432KB, 300x580px
I just want an EB.
I wish I wasn't an unlikable person.
>>
File: 1499376303867.png (699KB, 567x598px) Image search: [Google]
1499376303867.png
699KB, 567x598px
>Criticize the fact that XIV's entire endgame is literally four stand alone fights, that's it
>XIV-fags retort that there's more to do like Triple Triad, Canals, leveling, and crafting

This is the dumbest fucking argument. If you use the same logic than literally every fucking contemporary MMO has more content than SB, even that new expansion for fucking LotRO.

I love XIV, but Stormblood is an unmitigated disaster of an expansion; it's honestly embarrassing compared to Heavensward. The difference between WoW-fags and XIV-fags is that when WoW gets a shitty expansion, they say as such, meanwhile XIV-fags drink the fucking Kool-Aid and defend the indefensible. I haven't seen a single argument for Stormblood that goes beyond "you're stupid" or "I just like it."

And no, you can't defend SB by saying HW was also lacking at launch. Two wrongs don't make a right.
>>
File: a mistake.jpg (14KB, 522x50px) Image search: [Google]
a mistake.jpg
14KB, 522x50px
>>
>muh meta
why
you wont clear with an optimal meta comp of shitters
you will clear with good players on shit classes
whats the point
>>
>>385534503
last private server I played on was nostalrius and it was full of chinese, russians, and yuropoor kids too poor for retail.

now I understand why blizzard doesn't let all regions play on the same server
>>
>>385534675
HW really wasn't that lacking at launch. The problem was it took a century for 3.1, and that Void Ark was braindead easy.
>>
>>385533538
All of my fucking anger
>Game has top tier soundtrack
>People mute it to play nightcore, kpop or some other shit
Why not just cut off your ears while youre at it
>>
>>385534728
and you'll clear better with optimal meta comp of good players
why not?
>>
>>385534675
>Have you leveled every job to max and done absolutely everything that can possibly be done in the game? Then you can't complain and say there's nothing to do!
>>
>>385534675
The casual endgame is 4 fights, but there are 6 hard modes.
>>
>>385534851

>top tier soundtrack

Hahahahaha
>>
>>385534882
>What do you mean you don't like grinding in POTD to level all the classes to do the same shitty dungeons and "raids"?!
>>
>>385534851
Susano ost is shit senpai
>>
>>385534635
>EBing for the emote
>implying you deserve one
>>
Can you play as like level 70 conjurer or thaumaturge or whatever? Or is that not allowed/possible. I don't understand the "class" mechanic. What's even the point? Why do they exist at all if only jobs are allowed to be used
>>
>>385535063
Nice counterargument
>>
>>385534882
>game is five hours long but you can replay it on different difficulties and get all the achievements!
literally the same argument, yet /v/ defends short games to the death
>>
>>385534675
>honestly embarrassing compared to Heavensward
I agree but for different reasons, I think. From a technical standpoint things are almost identical, the only real kick in the balls is swimming and diving are underutilized and useless compared to flying.
I just hate SB because it's 1/2 desert level, 1/2 weeaboo fanservice, compared to HW's amazing snowy landscapes and cathedral settings.
>>
>>385535151
PREASE UNDERSTAND
>>
>>385535151
It's allowed but absolutely retarded, just put your soulstone on.
>>
I just bought this and haven't played a MMO before. Can any race be decent at any class? Do starting stats matter much is what i'm asking I guess.
>>
>>385535151
Lore thing, classes are things anyone can do
Jobs are more rare and only a few can be them
>>
File: ffxiv_07222017_190414.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07222017_190414.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>385535151
Shit from 1.0
>>
>>385535293
No, starting stats don't matter for this game.
>>
>>385522131
Every single complaint you listed easily applies to WoW as well
>>
File: 1501059815533.jpg (57KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
1501059815533.jpg
57KB, 482x549px
>>385535123
I don't just want the emote and mount. I want to find someone nice to relax with. Someone that won't mind me using the teleport ring every so often to come and /pet them and talk about stuff together.
>>
>>385535105
maybe but the OST helps you learn the fight a lot faster. you memorize mechanics based on the audio that's playing at the time.
>>
File: 1499113919202.png (360KB, 607x555px) Image search: [Google]
1499113919202.png
360KB, 607x555px
>>385534882
>>385534675
>>
>>385535151
Lore thing like this >>385535308 along with the class -> job thing being an FF mainstay/thing iirc for some of the earlier and later titles.

>>385535408
>>>/xivg/
>>
File: 1492618589863.jpg (193KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492618589863.jpg
193KB, 600x400px
>>385524946
>Game has a huge as fuck and sometimes obnoxious marker for "STACK ON THIS GUY"
>Diabolo mixes it up a bit by also putting a "LOOK AWAY FROM THIS GUY"
>Obviously means stack in BUT look away and stay still goddamnit
>Launch day Dun Scaith and everyone is fucking it up

I still see healers who don't DPS. The bar for 'competent' isn't that high in this fucking game. An AST doesn't need to swap sects to shield then swap back to regen between every pull. Just do your damn job goddamnit fuck this playerbase is retarded.
>>
File: 11d81f205087cadb48712a9cfc60e9cd.jpg (501KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
11d81f205087cadb48712a9cfc60e9cd.jpg
501KB, 2480x3508px
>>385535495
>>385534882
You guys are joking but the drones for each game make these arguments legitimately.
>>
File: a18.jpg (22KB, 533x477px) Image search: [Google]
a18.jpg
22KB, 533x477px
Who here /casual/?

>comfy 4mans
>comfy crafting
>comfy fc chat
>not dealing with aspies in a static
>no cancerous fflogs
>>
>>385535293
be anything you want
>>
>>385535151
Relic from 1.0 that was too ingrained into the game to remove easily. There's no reason to use classes now anyway, since jobs are straight upgrades. Think of it as the class upgrade from FF1. Also lore stuff, since shit like thaumaturges are common enough to have a guild, while black mages are special and any who attempt to use black magic without the proper soul crystal and training burn themselves up from the inside.
>>
File: metal slime.gif (27KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
metal slime.gif
27KB, 550x400px
>>385535408
there is literally a thread for sad lonely fucks like you on the official forum, make use of it.
>>
>>385535641
>Clear the story
>Credits roll
>Have seen all of the game's content bar bigger numbers, more gears, more damages
>Stop playing until new content and play other games
>Only log in for the cactpot drawing
>>
File: laughing anime girl.jpg (87KB, 582x580px) Image search: [Google]
laughing anime girl.jpg
87KB, 582x580px
>It's a "RDM opener rips all the aggro off a sprout tank in low-level roulette and the tank can never get it back" episode
>>
File: XIV_Susano_artwork.png (3MB, 1934x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XIV_Susano_artwork.png
3MB, 1934x1080px
I hope we get more bro-tier primals.

WILD AND PURE

AND FOREVER FREE
>>
>>385535641
Yep. Sometimes I don't even log in for a few days, but I still enjoy playing. If I'm bored I switch over to TESO, and vice versa.
>>
>>385535769
>Extremes/Savages are just bigger numbers
lol
>>
>>385535809
>it's a brain dead class with a brain dead rotation with brain dead high potencies and thinks anyone is impressed episode
>>
>>385535641
>tfw work on making glamours that are not common
>Get tells on my glamours and get a lot of people look at me
Fashion4Life
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (7KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
7KB, 200x169px
>>385522131
>Start playing BRD recently
>Realize you suck at micromanaging dots and your own buffs
>Avoid most AoE's, but you still suck and die when the tank is distracted

Coming from somebody who has never played a battle system like this before, it's a tough game. There's always a lot that's happening, so I can understand how people, myself included, mess up easy mechanics
>>
>Just figured out...
>WAR icon is a battleaxe head
>DRK is magic on top of a sword
>MNK is claw slashes
>SCH is glasses
>SMN... is a horn?
Still not sure what NIN is unless it's supposed to be wind from a spinning attack
>>
>>385535576
but dude I just wanna be comfy on my couch using a controller while watching netflix on my tablet and taking care of my baby while im raiding
>>
>>385535809
Use lucid dream you dumb slut
>>
>>385535965
Shuriken.
>>
>>385535965
>Doesnt know what a shuriken is
anon?
>>
>>385535915
It's increased difficulty, yeah.
It's not new content though. Someone who beat those fights on normal saw those fights.
>>
>>385535930
Cats and lizards please go
Nobody cares about your cute clothes half as much as you think
>>
>>385535971
I do. I even use diversion but the cooldown timer means that it still happens to most pulls.
>>
>>385535926
Go home BLM, you're drunk
>>
>>385535965
SMN is a meteor/comet don't take this away from me
>>
>>385522131
>MCH posts on forums keep complaining about losing the complexity of the"Wildfire/Mildfire" dynamic
Fuck you there was nothing fun or complex about a weak wildfire where your good stuff is still on cooldown. These people are going to ruin MCH even further.
>>
>>385535965
>MNK is three bullets
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>385535965
>>385536136
>MNK is claw slashes
Make a fist then look at it.
>>
>>385536050
>>385536073
That was my original guess but what the fuck shuriken looks like that
>>
>>385534882

They're autists. They'll never understand you want something Fun to do instead of ticking checkboxes on every mindnumbing flake of 'content' in a game
>>
>>385536102
>implying cat
>Implying lizard
>Implying female
>>
>>385536117
but that's blm

>>385536187
i'm not lyse
>>
>>385536207
It's a stylized three point shuriken.

>>385535408
gib name
>>
>>385536107
Use it after you get aggro. Lucid dream doesn't reduce enmity generation, it straight up cuts your current enmity in half.
>>
>>385536284
No, blm is a fireball
>>
>>385535965
still can't figure out what SAM icon is supposed to be
>>
File: ast.png (12KB, 169x68px) Image search: [Google]
ast.png
12KB, 169x68px
>>385535965
>AST icon is a delicious foodmeal
>>
File: 1500919591126.jpg (61KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
1500919591126.jpg
61KB, 1024x574px
>>385535809
>its a "MCH takes aggro, holds it for 30 seconds, eats evilsphere, has to run circles around the arena with the beholder chasing him before one of the tanks finally decides to take aggro" episode
what the fuck
>>
>>385536078
>It's not new content though. Someone who beat those fights on normal saw those fights.
That would imply that people who did the normal modes could do the hard modes on their first try if they just had a slightly higher ilevel. I can guarantee that's not the case.
>>
>>385536389
SAM icon is a sword hilt.
>>
>>385535576
>Healers that don't dps
I had an o4n run where my cohealer was a whm that apparently forgot how to AOE heal. As a sch, there was nothing I could do to save us.
>>
>>385536389
The handguard.
>>
>>385536340
I know that. Aggro is still too easy to pull and I end up having to stand on top of the tank to make sure the DPS can land whatever positionals they have.
>>
>>385536489
>Not calling them out on it instantly

Pussy
>>
>>385536431
>MCH takes aggro
How the fuck
>>
>>385536502
>>385536481
oh wow I'm dumb
>>
File: sam.jpg (13KB, 200x184px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
13KB, 200x184px
>>385536389
>>
>>385536284
>i'm not lyse
No, I mean literally make a fist and look at it.
That's what the MNK icon is.
>>
>>385536472
What? How would that imply it?
I'm not saying there aren't new mechanics but it's still just a difficulty scale.
It's not new content.
There's limited reasons to care about savage/extreme.
You might want the loot or you might enjoy the challenge. You aren't doing it to see a new boss though because you already beat the boss as party of the story progression.
>>
File: 1492453735470.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492453735470.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
>>385536431
>MCH takes aggro
>>
>>385536530
Then the tank just can't hold enmity and needs to learn how to do it. Also the other dps need to step his game up if he can't grab enmity either.
>>
>>385536431
>MCH
>Taking aggro
>>
File: !.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
!.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>385535965
>SCH is glasses
NANI!? seriously I have wondered for years what the fuck it was supposed to be, my mind is at ease once more
>>
>>385536574
I don't really watch my other healer, so I didn't notice until a few of us were dead and I'm wondering why this is so hard.
>>
>>385536660
>You aren't doing it to see a new boss though because you already beat the boss as party of the story progression.
Nobody beat Neo Exdeath for story progression.
>>
>>385536768
>>385535965
They're actually a pair of binoculars, to fit the war theme of being a tactician which is what they are on the jp version.
>>
>>385536580
the opener makes sense but I have no idea how I held aggro after that for a good 30 seconds
>call out the tanks for being retarded
>"lol not my fault the other tank didnt shirk me"
>>
>>385536820
>Neo Nazi Exdeath
TREEG HEIL
>>
File: 1500827176507.gif (139KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1500827176507.gif
139KB, 500x281px
>>385536648
>No, I mean literally make a fist and look at it. That's what the MNK icon is.
What the fuck
>>
File: Ear Bounce.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ear Bounce.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
>>385535408
If you're not just seeking attention without actually following up on the thread, we could do content together if you play on leviathan or lousix
>>
>>385537081
Your toon looks like a man.
>>
>>385537081
How much would you hate to erp once in awhile?
>>
I'm doing the free trial, just got into a Grand Company and holy shit, the fetch quests are ridiculous. Please tell this gets better. I don't know if i buy the game or not like this. Also I wanted to be a Machinist but that shit is locked behind level 50 and apparently I can't even swap to it if I don't have the expansion.
>>
>>385533348
You can stay in DPS stance in savage too, it's just a dumb idea while still in the learning and progression phase when you're unfamiliar with the fight. Paladin and Warrior can do it easily, and Dark Knight can handle it fairly well too.

People who tank in tank stance when they know the fight are just lazy

>>385532934
t. DPS shitter who can't even fucking AOE properly. Tanking in DPS stance isn't even fucking hard 99% of the time. Hell, once Dark Knight hits 66 he's BETTER at tanking dungeons in DPS stance than Tank Stance. Don't be such a casual piece of shit, if your healers aren't retarded and you POP YOUR FUCKING COOLDOWNS it's the simplest shit. DPS is everyone's responsibility.
>>
>>385537164
Hahahahahahaha, it's still bad until 2.4 quests
>>
>>385537164
The game is shit if you play it alone, or even if you join some random FC full of autists, spergs and attention whores. The only way to enjoy the game is to play it with people you actually like, in which case it's pretty fun and chill.
>>
>>385537164
>Also I wanted to be mch
Don't. It's like top three worst classes to play while levelling due to lack of skills.
>>
>>385537164
This game takes a lot of time and patience, only play it if you don't have anything better to do
>>
>>385536489

>Can't solo heal as a SCH
>Can solo heal easily as a WHM
>Still do more DPS

SCH BTFO
>>
>>385537164
yeah the ARR content pads the story out with tons of fetch quests throughout the story. PLUS the constant back and forth to Waking Sands. HW thankfully isn't as bad for it, and yes you need HW because the new job is unlocked in the main city of HW.
>>
>>385537118
Correct, I use a tomboy glam on occasion
>>385537151
I dont hate erp if its not excessive
>>
I did coil with a static during 1.0 up to turn 9. We liked that it was challenging but we cleared all of the available turns within two weeks after release. Unfortunately, before the last set of turns was released, we lost our 2 best dps and we couldn't find good replacements who could clear the content up to that point. Went through about 5 or 6 different DPS who said they left previous clear groups but found none of them could do the mechanics to even get past turn 8. The group fell apart and I couldn't be fucked with finding another group for a while so I stopped doing it. A friend left his group that he said was good and had cleared all of the available alex savage and wanted me to fill in only to find I was too far behind the skill curve to keep up and they weren't willing to wait for me to get up to speed so I was understandably kicked from the group. Since then, I haven't bothered with any high end content and just play casually but I gotta say, it kills me a bit the number of people I run into who can't do even the most basic mechanics.
>>
>>385536869
>war tactician
>uses a fucking fairy

I like scholar but for fucks sake, I hate the fairy shit
>>
How'd they fuck up machinist so hard? They were in a good place before stormblood dropped, they did big damahes, now they are trash in all aspects, kind of like what happened with scholar, miasma 2 is just a band aid fix though, they really need to give us back aero atleast.
>>
>>385537330
>Still do more DPS
SCH has better sustained damage. WHM has better burst.
>>
>>385537330
Yeah man SCH has garbage sustained aoe so if a fight requires it, you won't be able to solo heal. Well, not without speccing for a shitload of nothing but piety and/or your party playing absolutely perfect. But that ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>385535926
>Single-handedly prevent wipes
>Resurrect four people in 8 seconds
>Most useful LB
>Still top DPS charts

RDM is fucking fantastic; legitimately the only badly designed thing about them is their positioning attacks which are probably going to be reworked since 'unintended usage' is Yoshi's trigger
>>
>>385537558
If 4 people are dead then the run is over, theres no way you're going to beat enrage.
>>
>>385537558
I'm new and started leveling an RDM recently and it's pretty OP. When new expansions hit, are the newest jobs always strong like that? Will RDM eventually be nerfed?
>>
File: 1501173720146.png (113KB, 525x550px) Image search: [Google]
1501173720146.png
113KB, 525x550px
>>385537419
>not having a backstory about your character keeping the fairy around to use as a cocksleeve whenever the stress of being a tactician reaches a peak
>>
>>385537717
>have severe autism
lol
>>
>>385537636
In Savage, sure, but you'd still do it for progress and to check out mechanics.
>>
>>385537636
Oh o4s maybe; I've beaten o3s with 4 deaths before
>>
>>385537652
>When new expansions hit, are the newest jobs always strong like that?
All 3 HW jobs were garbage at release and it took a couple patches to make any of them good.
>>
>>385537558
>Caster LBs
>Not trash
>Rezzing shitters who come back worse
>RDMs never top DPS charts around anyone with a brain
Fuck off, scum.
>>
>>385537245
>>385537278
That's not very reassuring.

>>385537286
But I like guns and I always liked Machinists.

>>385537294
I just wanted to pad out 3 or so weeks I have of pure free time. I'm not used to so much free time and it's getting a bit boring.

>>385537341
>the constant back and forth to Waking Sands
That's exactly it. It doesn't even have a teleport there, I have to go to Horizon and make my way there everytime. And they make me do it all the fucking time. Quests are literally go to walking sands, go to this distant place and talk to guy, go back to walking sands. Repeat. Who the fuck designed this.
>>
>>385537428
>How'd they fuck up machinist so hard
>How'd they fuck up warrior so hard
>How'd they fuck up dark knight so hard
>How'd they fuck up scholar so hard
>how'd they fuck up dragoon so hard
It's a mystery of the universe.

>>385537652
No. When HW hit, machinist and astrologian were trash, don't remember how dark knight was. SAM might be able to put out insane DPS by mashing your face on the keyboard, but it isn't stepping on anyone's toes. There's just zero reason to bring any caster BUT red mage, it's fucking disgusting
>>
>>385537775
Someone post the Terraria master autist pic
>>
File: 1500763658024.png (222KB, 747x687px) Image search: [Google]
1500763658024.png
222KB, 747x687px
>>385537775
>posting on /v/
>not having severe autism
Sure thing, pal.
>>
>susan as blm
>do roughly the same as a melee who died
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>385537558
>Most useful LB
que
>>
>>385536768
Glasses were confirmed by devs, ignore the other retard
>>
I despise the RDM LB3 because as a melee dps I cant see shit when they do it and end up standing in an aoe circle the boss puts down.
>>
>>385537717
I could do that if the fairy was a tiny muscular buff dude
>>
>>385537849
Teleport to limsa instead then use the aetheryte to go to the arcanists guild and take the boat to vesper bay, gets you there quicker.
>>
>>385535735
Void magic/black magic terrifies me, imagine fucking up your spell and summoning a physical squid demon inside your body. Don't mess with black magic.
>>
>>385537558
>>Most useful LB
Unless you mean something like how it loses the least like NIN when LBing, I guess so, otherwise same damage as SMN/BLM LB.

>>385537652
Not at all, in HW they were all bad to alright, DRK was only good due to the magic tankbusters and delirium, even then it was still pretty bad, DADM and Delirium were the only reasons it got brought in. AST got buffed to shit in 3.4, MCH in 3.2 iirc.

>>385537849
Using the ferry in Middle LimLom is a way to get to Waking Sands easiest iirc.
>>
>>385537849
>. Quests are literally go to walking sands, go to this distant place and talk to guy, go back to walking sands. Repeat. Who the fuck designed this.
Yeah, it's going to be like that for a while. A long while. After you "beat" ARR, there's still 2.1 to 2.55 quests. So, it's up to you whether you want to continue playing or not.
>>
>>385537827
>Caster LB's are trash
>Ressing people isn't worth it
>RDM don't do as much DPS as SAM or BLM
These are some excellent opinions, m8
>>
File: Fuck Lalafell.webm (521KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Lalafell.webm
521KB, 750x420px
>>
>>385537901
Yeah I don't know what you heard but autism isn't like The Accountant bro
>>
>>385537901
>implying everyone is retarded as you
>implying everyone ERPs and makes stories in their head about fairies
>>
>>385537558
>Still top DPS charts
Getting top parse in a group of shitters means nothing.
Join a static with a SAM/MNK and that big deeps dick of yours will shrivel up into a vagina for your melee DPS bull's exclusive use.
>>
>>385537983
Dude imagine if you were a human and a succubitch got summoned.
>>
I'm more mad that people in DF can't do basic shit. I literally had a tank in Doma who didn't pop fucking cds until I called him out on it and his excuse was they're trash mobs.

And don't get me started on all the shitter brds who don't use foes. It is a skill you get a 35 that lets everyone do 3% more damage. You're a fucking bard not an archer use your goddamn support abilities and it is only one button. Then I get dumbass brds excuses from it only last 10 seconds and then some how keep turning it on when they only have a small amount of mp instead of letting their mp get back to near full to uses it again or they don't use Refresh.
>>
File: 1458056540575.jpg (564KB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458056540575.jpg
564KB, 1050x750px
>>385537967

>5.0
>yoship decides to do some experimental and crazy shit with SCH
>a third fairy, similar to topaz carbuncle/titan egi
>is fully capable of MTing, but requires intense micromanagement skills from the SCH
>SCH can tank and heal at the same time at the cost of a massive skill level
>>
>>385537849
Well I hope you like Split/Slug/Clean because you'll be doing those 90% of the time forever.
>>
>>385538059
>>385538109
But you definitely aren't pathetic at all for having nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon than shitpost on a turbovirgin weeaboo imageboard.
>>
>>385538196
>it. I literally had a tank in Doma who didn't pop fucking cds until I called him out on it and his excuse was they're trash mobs.
Lol, the tank was right, though, you fucking idiot. Git gud shiiter
>>
>>385538117
RDM do as much damage as BLM and SMN despite having way more utility

Dunno what to tell you if you think comparing RDM to SAM is in any way meaningful yo
>>
>>385538196
Foes IS useless anon.
>>
>>385538059
>>385538109
People who live in glass houses, etc.
>>
>>385537979
>>385537994
Oh ok, thanks for tip anons.

>>385538014
I don't know, buying just the base game for 15 bucks to keep me entertained for a while seems like a cheap option and the dungeons I've done are fun. I just didn't expect this much useless boring fluff, the story isn't even interesting.

>>385538250
That sounds lewd
>>
>>385538331
It doesn't do as much damage as BLM unless that fight is incredibly shit for BLM
>>
>>385538331
"Top DPS charts" implies beating the melees. I'm sorry English isn't your first language.
>>
>>385537983
>could have gotten void mage job
>instead got SMN who never stopped crying about their job ever since
>>
>>385537558
>Most useful LB
>LaughingmeleeDPS.jpg
>>
>>385538404
>It doesn't do as much damage as BLM unless that fight is [o1s, o2s, o3s, or o4s]
>>
>>385538404
>unless that fight is incredibly shit for BLM
Well, unless O5S is Neo Training Dummy, that's pretty much every fight in 4.0
>>
>>385538207
I'd be ok with it shutting down your healing skills and making you a pure summon based tank.
>>
>>385538314

In what scenario do you need CDs for fucking dungeon bosses? CDs are used for when you pull huge amounts of trash to keep you alive while everyone AoEs shit down. Even in sword oath/deliverance/ or with grit off do I not need a CD for any dungeon boss. The only reason you use CDs on dungeon bosses is because it is less GCDs the healer has to spend keeping your ass alive so they have more time to DPS. And even then I'd rather hold it for a big trash pull right afterwards.
>>
>>385538287
>>385538379
No, most XIV players are actually quite normal and well-adjusted, unlike yourself. If you actually ERP and have backstories for your fairies, you have severe mental deficiencies.
>>
>>385538314
You missed the part where he was doing big pulls. So I had to spam cure him instead of being able to contribute to dpsing on healer to speed up the run.

>>385538337
3% increase to damage is not useless especially on trash pulls where the trash do faster instead of taking fuck all.
>>
>>385538620
>I don't know what jokes are
You aren't seriously this fucking stupid, are you?
>>
>>385538706
Jokes are suppose to be funny.
>>
>>385538543
i've seen 4.2k blms in o1s and o2s pugs
the *disables u* ex primals are much bigger dicks in comparison
>>
>>385538685
3% damage is fucking nothing, if you're doing 3.6k dps the damage equals to 108 damage. Just a waste of a gcd at that point.
>>
>>385535576
That mechanic is retarded though, do you think I can tell whether I'm looking towards or away when 20 character models are clipping on top of each other?

>run into the marker
>take a step in the other direction
>woops you actually ran one step past them and took one step back towards them
>>
>>385538706
t. retard
>>
>>385522131
Why don't you stick to statics then? I admit, I fuck up mechanics 5 times even though I watched a video. It's probably because my Wildfire was coming up and I had to press like 10 buttons in a particular order during 10 seconds and didn't notice something. Or I still don't know the fight 100% so I didn't know that particular mechanic was coming up. Or I simply make a fucking mistake. What the hell are you doing in PF anyway? I bet you're the guy who enters a ''kill'' PF group and after 2 wipes says ''the PF said kill, not practice'' or ''I thought this was a kill party''.

Once I asked my fc members what's the reasonable dps amount for O1s as DRG in 312 gear and people said uhh 3800. Are you people fucking serious?
>>
File: 1501190256977.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1501190256977.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>>385538762
Sick burn, bro. You got me real fucking good.
>>
>>385538856
What? 3% is not fucking nothing, because it adds up with other buffs. Also brd has nothing else to use their mp on so there is no reason to not use it at all other than being a shitter or lazy in which case the trash must be called out.
>>
I don't see why the guy roleplaying is so bad unless he does it to everyone he meets.
>>
>>385535576
>stack on the purple marker
>person starts moving around
i always queue for that as a caster so i never have a reason to handle that gay mechanic
>>
>>385538538
>The LB you use solely so you're not wasting meter is more useful than the LB that essentially required for certain fights, makes dungeons significantly faster, and is already better if you're fighting as few as two targets
>>
>>385538896
Try harder to fit in, Reddit. You'll get there one day.
>>
>>385539064
No point using it unless you have a burst phase with a scholar using strat or nin using vuln
>>
File: 1496080405553.png (176KB, 395x317px) Image search: [Google]
1496080405553.png
176KB, 395x317px
>>385522131

I love the game, but the community is absolutely awful.

>Running Great Gubal Library to get my MNK to 60
>PLD is a fucking moron; I can see him using Provoke on mobs that he already has aggro on
>This goes on for a while
>Near the end politely tell him that he needs to stop doing that because Provoking a mob that you already have aggro on does absolutely nothing
>Wipe a couple times to the last boss, but finally beat it
>He's still fucking using Provoke when he has aggro on something
>Tell him again that he has to stop doing that or he will cause wipes on endgame bosses that require tank swaps
>Get told to leave him alone and stop bullying him

You also forgot this nugget, OP.

>Play WoW for years
>It's generally expected of you to watch a video of a raid boss before attempting it
>Play FFXIV
>People outright refuse to watch videos prior to attempts on raid bosses because it "spoils" the fight

I've also been told that expecting someone to spend five minutes watching a video is a "hardcore mentality."
>>
>>385538620

>end of heavensward, last couple months or so
>did everything the game had to offer that I wanted to do
>savage cleared, bis, stockpiled tons of mats for furniture and other things
>decide to see what the game has to offer from an RP perspective
>make an alt on balmung, meet people and start rping
>eventually get into erp
>make the effort to write a story that is believable and not some special snowflake shit
>erp people end up introducing me to more erp people
>more friends on my friendlist than my main over the course of 3 years
>always on my alt because nothing to do on main
>people always asking to RP or erp with me, I must have a knack for it
>stormblood launches and haven't touched my alt since because I have a reason to play the fucking game again

I hope I didn't make them upset, I literally always had SOMEONE asking to do shit with me whenever I was on that alt. It was an interesting experience, if only to see the mindset behind these people I've been avoiding for years.
>>
>>385522131
>you get reportet if you hurt their feelings by telling them to stop dying every 3 minutes or at least get kicked

Maybe don't engage in pointless namecalling then. Yeah, you know you do that. Don't hide it, because nobody kicks for simple suggestions. They'll kick if you're a douchebag.
>>
>>385539110
>I only do 4 mans
Could have just said so.
>>
>>385539068
Because it's not normal
>>
>>385539213
There is always a point using it. Increased damage is increased damage. Stop being bad.
>>
>>385539267
>I haven't even seen o3s
Could have just said so.
>>
>>385534675
>Stormblood is an unmitigated disaster of an expansion; it's honestly embarrassing compared to Heavensward
>you can't defend SB by saying HW was also lacking at launch
Kill yourself.
>>
>>385539225
>People outright refuse to watch videos prior to attempts on raid bosses because it "spoils" the fight
>I've also been told that expecting someone to spend five minutes watching a video is a "hardcore mentality."
I'm so glad I found a static that laughs at retards like that with me.
>>
>>385539326
I'm going to queue as brd right now and never touch foes once.
>>
>>385539225
That's true though. Are you fucking deprived of brain cells?
>>
>>385539213

It's definitely worth using whenever you have full MP and refresh up. Refresh makes foes get like 6 extra ticks.
>>
>>385539225
if you think the community in ffxiv is awful, you should see WoW. it's the same exact audience but with 10x more players.
>>
File: masterclasswriting.jpg (133KB, 440x960px) Image search: [Google]
masterclasswriting.jpg
133KB, 440x960px
Two expansions, and they still can't figure out what to do with their XIV representative.

How Y'shtola is still popular in genuinely a mystery.
>>
>>385539267
Nigger you drop a meteor twice on Savage Halicarnassus
>>
>>385538207
I like this idea but it would only work if the fairy skills you get from this hypothetical tank fairy go off instantly. Trying to get pet ai to provoke in time for a tank swap would be infuriating.
>>
>>385539360
On Neo Exdeath, but good try.

Iron Giant/Ninja phase of O3S is the only time my static has ever used mage LB. It's situational, and melee LB is always the norm.
>>
>>385539225
>YOU NEED TO DO THIS BECAUSE OF CONTENT YOU WILL NEVER DO
Maybe you could learn to speak to people in a way that's actually convincing and doesn't instantly piss them off
>>
File: 1361225195388.jpg (92KB, 552x510px) Image search: [Google]
1361225195388.jpg
92KB, 552x510px
>>385539497
>They didn't kill her
Mildly upset.
>>
>>385539560
>twice
If you're using meteor on fucking Apanda you're a retard, unless you have a SMN doing it.
>>
>>385539225
The player base of FFXIV is full of trannies, lgbts, snowflakes, and shitter/casual apologist. I mean holy shit, the guy I'm talking to right now is out right defending brds not using foes even though it increases everyone's damage.

>>385539447
And it is even sweeter when a mage mana shifts you.

>>385539394
You wouldn't be the first brd I kick from the party for being bad.
>>
>>385539225
Sorry XIV, unlike WoW, actually puts enough effort into the aesthetics and spectacle that people want to see it for themselves first.
>>
>be in a linkshell
>one autist keeps saying REEEEEEEE and "fuck these shitters"
>literally the only two words that make up his vocabulary
Is there any way to mute people in this game?
>>
>>385539394
Oh yeah pal? Well I feel like getting on my tank, having a normal dungeon run, and then coming back here to complain about the inadequacy of my mediocre teammates. Fag.
>>
>>385539683
>If you're using meteor on fucking Apanda you're a retard
Alright, go ahead and explain why that's retarded
This oughta be good for a laugh
>>
>>385539228

>people always asking to RP or erp with me, I must have a knack for it

That's typically the callsign of low quality partners, actually. People who can easily find different partners tend to not rely on a friend's list.
>>
>>385539667
Not him but I don't play this game to babysit retards that can't read tooltips.
>>
>>385539750
Why do you care even? Find a group to play with and problem solved. You can't expect everyone to conform to your vision to what this game is supposed to be played like. Most people in this game don't care for combat, they do other shit. So if you're playing it for combat, you're kinda playing the wrong game.
>>
>>385539681
>>385539497
I've given up on Yshtola being killed because mascot. But on the bright side, Lyse is no longer a Scion and basically written out of the story, Papalymo is dead, Minfilia is dead. All we need is Thancred to die and we'll have a party of the only good Scions + Yshtola. Maybe make room for new blood.
>>
>>385539828

There were certainly a portion that weren't that great or made me do most of the writing, I ended up using the "friend markers" option in the friendlist to remind myself who was worth the time and who wasn't.
>>
>>385539225

>Play FFXIV

More like...

>Refuse to watch a video or even a guide before a fight
>"Hey guys, how does this fight go?"
>>
>>385540040
>can't expect everyone to conform to your vision to what this game is supposed to be played like
>you're playing the wrong game
Lol how did you not catch that before you posted?
>>
>>385539780
>>385539750
You don't pay my sub.
>>
>>385535408
Would share music and dungeon with
>>
>>385540141
>Don't bother watching guides
>Wing it and still manage to win easily.

hmmm its almost like this game is catered to retarded WoWfags...
>>
>>385540361
Spend 4 hours trying to get an ex primal clear and see how you feel about shitters not reading guides
>>
File: 1501201290155.png (190KB, 380x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501201290155.png
190KB, 380x640px
>>385539826
It's a net DPS decrease compared to having a NIN LB3 him.
LB3 animation lock is devastating to personal DPS for RDM and BLM.
If you have a SMN with DoTs already ticking then go ahead, but your group actually has brain damage if they can't see how using an AoE LB on two fucking targets is a waste of time.
If the RDM/BLM get to keep casting while the NIN LBs, you'll do a greater net damage to both targets during the phase.
The caster(s) get to keep casting, the OT can switch off tank stance and DPS the boss earlier, and healers can stop focus healing the OT and DPS the boss earlier.
>>
>Join an FC full of horrible memeing faggots from /v/
>Literally none of this shit ever happens because and I can just do things in-FC and never have to deal with DF or PF mouthbreathers

Everything turned out alright
>>
File: Capture11.png (668KB, 900x698px) Image search: [Google]
Capture11.png
668KB, 900x698px
Anyone interested to see a bad rip off of ffxiv encounter in other MMO? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xov0W7rde2s
>>
>>385539225
I refuse to watch videos because...

>30 second intro
>shitty /mu/shit playing instead of the game's music
>[nasally voice] "HEY GUISE IT'S xXFAGGOTFARTXx PLZ LIK AND SUBSCRIB TODAY I WILL SHOW YOU--" *mute video*
>now that the annoying bullshit is out of the way I now don't know what I'm supposed to look for that's important in the video
>>
>>385540186
Those 2 sentences do not contradict each other at all. People don't play the game for combat, you're whining about that, I said don't expect that will change. Pretty simple shit to understand.
>>
File: concerns.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
concerns.png
79KB, 457x472px
>>385540117
But non-muh-daughteru Edgelord Thancred was the best Scion, Anon. You shouldn't want him dead, just want him to go back to his old self again.
>>
>>385540448
Who said anything about extremes? Use your words retard, no one mentioned guides about extremes or savage.
>>
Does this game worth playing mostly solo?
>>
>>385540639
Yes
>>
>>385540361

And yet the playerbase still struggles with the 24m content that's designed to be done with little to no communication and has mechanics like "turn away when an eye appears above the boss" or "don't stand in glowing circles."
>>
>>385540639
It's boring but possible.
Why would you even bother playing an MMO if you intend to play solo?
>>
File: 1483272094272.jpg (10KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1483272094272.jpg
10KB, 229x220px
>tfw pulled off the tank in castrum abania final boss almost giving 3.7k dps as BLM

kek this dungeon should be locked to 59 this is dumb im going to pull off the tank diversion or not im not even wearing anything special but the 290 set and i300 rod
>>
>>385540619
>only the content I have in mind is what we're talking about
Ok
>>
>>385540639
For doing the story and leveling, yes. For end game, hell fucking no. The party finder is awful and raiding static groups are full on autistic.
>>
>>385539884
And they don't play to deal with your bullshit. Your point is?
>>
>>385540554
>those buff bars
fucking hell
>>
>>385540040
I care because it's basic shit on their job. I shouldn't be in Bardam Mettle and explaining to a brd to use foes and what foes does. Foes is something you get at level fucking 35. That is low level content. It takes a fucking second to read the damn tool tip.
>>
>>385540476
>If the NIN LBs the casters can keep casting
>But if the RDM LBs the NIN wouldn't keep attacking
>The 4 seconds of animation lock on the RDM nullifies 1800 potency of damage

Amazing; and you said you're on Neo Exdeath right?
>>
Does anyone else miss PlayOnline's patcher? I wish XIV had something similar with catchy music.
>>
File: 1500610715224.png (112KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500610715224.png
112KB, 540x540px
>>385540798
>politely tell someone that they're doing something very wrong and explain what they should be doing in the nicest way possible
>they still sperg out and cry that you're being toxic
>>
>>385540554
>Divebombs but with a giant arrow pointing where he's going
Wew
>>
>>385540864
It's shit now, get it through your fucking skull IT IS NOT WORTH THE GCD ESPECIALLY IN 4 MANS
>>
File: 1501178375084m.jpg (77KB, 830x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501178375084m.jpg
77KB, 830x1024px
>>385540798
>expecting someone to play the game properly is bullshit
Casuals need to be gassed.
>>
>>385540236
I'll pay the fuck out of your sub you little shit don't talk back to me
>>
File: silvers-mission-20-449x1024.jpg (117KB, 449x1024px) Image search: [Google]
silvers-mission-20-449x1024.jpg
117KB, 449x1024px
>>385538047
>>
>>385541030
How dare you speak to me
>>
File: 1499562146580.jpg (15KB, 480x379px) Image search: [Google]
1499562146580.jpg
15KB, 480x379px
>>385540907
>Hey bard its a level 70 "expert" dungeon you might want to try playing one of your songs the entire dungeon
>FUCK YOU YOU DONT PAY MY SUB
>TANK: HOW DARE YOU TELL MY GIRLFRIEND HOW TO PLAY
>Get kicked at last boss
>>
>>385540798
I think his point is that the shitters are entitled little fucks that think they shouldn't be criticized and that if you call them out for being bad that you're worse than Hitler.
>>
File: thancred can seduce garleans.gif (4MB, 635x351px) Image search: [Google]
thancred can seduce garleans.gif
4MB, 635x351px
>>385540604
The days of fun Thancred are over, its only gruff Thancredge now.
>>
>>385540867
If you don't see how a mage stopping it's casts to LB is a greater DPS detriment than a NIN LBing while they have their DoTs up, there's no helping you.
>>
>>385540864
Well I hope you don't bring that attitude to your real life because you will get frustrated very often because the vast majority of people are utterly incompetent in everything they do. The dungeon will take 5 or 10 minutes longer, who cares, it's more important to not stress yourself over some things you can't even control.
>>
>>385541110
>gf is a bard
everytim
>>
>>385541110
>implying the girl isn't the WHM watching Netflix and refusing to heal anyone but the tank
>>
File: 1497812948512.jpg (47KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1497812948512.jpg
47KB, 430x430px
>>385541003

Casuals are the blight of every god damn MMO in the last 10 years.

>Vanilla WoW
>Casuals whine and cry that 40m raids take too long to organize
>"We're totally good enough to do BWL and all that, we just don't have the time!"
>BC introduces Heroic 5man dungeons and 10m raids
>forums are quickly engulfed in a deluge of tears about how Heroics are too hard, Morose is too hard, Romulo is one shotting tanks, etc etc
>>
>>385540907
>>385541113
>politely
No you didn't. I've literally been playing since vanilla release and not ONCE did I have this problem. When I see someone doing (or not doing) some shit that bothers me I privately tell them about it and offer advice. Generally they take the advice and change what they were doing, the rare occasion where they didn't they simply ignored me. Not once have I had anyone sperg out. Not fucking once.
>>
>>385540554
>Oh hey, she's cute.
>Designer at Guild Wars 2
>She
Son of a bitch.
>>
File: 1488971512707.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1488971512707.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
>>385541340
You're sperging out right now, autist
>>
>>385538196
Refresh is far more valuable to save for healers bottoming out than 10 extra seconds of Foe's
>>
>>385540580
They do actually. If he's playing the wrong game, then you're already assuming that he should be playing a certain way for it to be the right game. That contradicts your earlier statement. Come on my dude, why did you need this explained?
>>
File: 1490839344762.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490839344762.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>385541340
>dude it never happened to me so you're just making shit up man

Go kill yourself.
>>
>>385539497
Make her the romance option for male characters
Put in a catgirl fucking minigame that has as many skills as crafting.
>>
>>385541520
Fight me fag
>>
>>385541000
It's a damn damage increase. It is always worth it especially since all it takes to turn on/off foes is hitting one button. One fucking button on your keyboard or controller.

>>385541193
You can control it. By calling them out and then kicking them. That's what I've been doing and the person getting replace always turns out to be better. Making my runs through dungeons that would have taken 30-40 minutes down to 15-20 minutes. That is an increase to experience gain for everyone and time.
>>
File: DEtcLvqUwAAXXEz.jpg (116KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DEtcLvqUwAAXXEz.jpg
116KB, 768x1024px
>>385541390
It got tits now.
>>
>>385541186
Alright I'm just going to spell it out for you

Hitting two mobs with caster LB3 does 10800 potency of damage compared to a melee LB3 of 9000

It literally doesn't matter what DoTs or how big the difference between the relative inefficiencies of using LB during your rotation is for different classes; it's not even scratching the difference in what is nearly 17 seconds worth of GCDs of damage

If you have LB3 during Apanda and a caster in your party during o3s you should be using caster LB3 on it, end of story
>>
>>385541298
Dropping down from everquest 72 man raids was a mistake.
>>
Where's the best place to bot Fates 60-62? Keeping in mind that flying is broke right now.
>>
>>385541657
>he seriously thinks a 10 second 3% damage boost will shave a full 20 minutes off a dungeon run
so have you ever actually played BRD or do you just view them as Foe's dispensers
>>
>>385541673
literally looks like one of Bobby Lee's female characters
>>
>>385541657
I'm going to delete foes off my bar and replace it with a macro that says "You don't pay my sub, I don't play your foes" how about that?
>>
File: 20170725060730_1.jpg (64KB, 875x161px) Image search: [Google]
20170725060730_1.jpg
64KB, 875x161px
I just got WAR to 70 a day ago, does anyone have any good tip and stuff? I've been suing this as my off tank opener.
>>
>>385541179
A shame. Maybe he should die after all. It would be a mercy.
>>
>>385541472
Mmm no I said he can't expect other people to conform to his playstyle and that most people don't play this game for combat. I'm not saying he should play it like most people, nor am I saying anyone else should play it like him. That's literally it.

>>385541657
It was probably some dude who just wanted to level or get poetics for some glam or shit. You changed nothing. And if all the casuals got out, then the 10% of players that actually care about the combat would call it a ded gaem and just leave.
>>
>>385541520
Show me a log where you politely offered someone advice and they sperged out.

Does this game have a lot of fucking terrible players? Absolutely. Being rude to people about it will only make it worse, no one likes being shit talked. And yet here you are crying about it on /v/ instead of changing your approach into something that works and saves you hassle.
>>
>>385541951
You disgust me.

SICKNESS
>>
File: FFXIV.jpg (154KB, 951x493px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV.jpg
154KB, 951x493px
>mostly negative

wew
>>
File: 1476044680216.png (28KB, 359x237px) Image search: [Google]
1476044680216.png
28KB, 359x237px
>>385541673
>All that blur and filters
What the fuck
He also looks like he's wearing a wig here.
>>
>>385541298
>Moroes is too hard
The only way this could ever be argued as even remotely true is if you're talking about drops. I never did get my pocket watch.
>>
>>385542068
Because of payment increase to make it even with 12-15 USD.
>>
>>385542019

MUST BE
>>
>>385541340
If that person really cared then they would have taken the time to look up on how to play their job and not be told how to do basic shit on said job.

So when you call them out either they'll get the message or they'll remain shitters, but at least they know they're shitters instead of pretending they think they're performing well on their job. That's why you never be nice about it because when you're nice they won't take what you say seriously and instead think of you as a literal who.

"Oh him? He's just that cuck that was talking about my job, but I didn't pay attention"

vs

"Fuck that guy! I can't believe he got on my case about how I play my job. If he got on my dick about it so much I'll see what the fuse is about"
>>
>>385542238
PURGED
>>
>>385542068
Third world players are mass disliking the game since the recent subscription price hike. Clearly they haven't taken it too well
>>
>>385542068
It's just WoWfags who finally quit that shit game and are upset that FFXIV isn't just a mindless queue-and-clear like WoW has become. They can't deal with the fact that an MMO can require teamwork.
>>
Can someone give me a rundown on what 60-70 crafting skills are actually useful
My hotbars look like an absolute clusterfuck right now
>>
>>385542068
a good deal of that is due to the price hike for steam users from brazil and eu
>>
>>385542301
>>385542234

wow has much more content and cost about half to sub than XIV, there's even local servers
>>
>>385542463
ok
>>
>>385542251
God, you're expending so much energy on this. Those people don't care, they don't play the game to be good at those things and you yelling at them does nothing.
>>
Do I need good internet to play this game? My sisters stream netflix the entire day, and I'm at my parents' house for one more month (on summer break).
>>
>>385542275
BEGONE WITH YOU
>>
>>385542004
Not him I don't think you fucking get it. These terrible players aren't going to change no matter how polite you are in telling them and or how you say it, because they're bent on being bad and as such the only course is to call them out on it and get the word out that they're bad players.
>>
>>385541678
>It literally doesn't matter what DoTs or how big the difference between the relative inefficiencies of using LB during your rotation is for different classes
Except it absolutely does, you fucking knuckle dragger. You are focusing on nothing but numbers and not grasping the situation. Apanda dies faster with melee LB, period. Caster DPS is all in their casts, so interrupting them is huge, while a NIN with exhausted cooldowns is twiddling their thumbs with their standard rotation waiting for TA to come up. They're the perfect candidate for LBing.
When Apanda dies faster, the OT and healers have less ranking and healing to worry about and can focus on DPS on the boss for a good 5 or 6 GCDs that you would be spending on Apanda had you used caster LB.
Can you really not see how that does way more than just make up for the 1800 LB damage difference?
>>
>>385541936
the fuck, why aren't you using SE first
>>
>>385542251
what'll probably happen is they'll check your search info, see you haven't leveled Bard, and ignore you
>>
>>385542251
>I'm an angry manchild and have no idea how people think
If someone was being as much of a cunt as you they'd either not listen or spite you, shitting on morale never helps anyone. People want to work with the guy who's maintaining a level head and trying to be reasonable, not the angry 15 year old throwing tantrums in chat
>>
>>385542556
It uses so little kilobytes you really don't, unless there's a huge lag spike, but netflix playing doesn't affect much.
>>
>>385542068
Its just angry monkey eaters and vodka chuggers
>>
>>385541464
You got bad healers then and in that case you should rightly call them bad healers out.
>>
File: photo_2017-06-23_00-42-26.jpg (58KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-06-23_00-42-26.jpg
58KB, 1280x914px
>>385541340
>When I see someone doing (or not doing) some shit that bothers me I privately tell them about it and offer advice.

Uh-huh. And how do you tell a rando in FFXIV something "privately" if tells are disabled when you're in a duty?
>>
>>385542723
>says the amerilard
>>
>>385542728
or, you know, a SCH
>>
>>385541936
>>385542639
In fact why is BB in there at all? Nigga your shit is all over the place I don't even know where to start
>>
>>385542768
Im not eating your sopa de macaco
>>
>MUH DEEPZ

Literally doesn't fucking matter as long as your group gets the mechanics. I have never done a dungeon or trial or anything that got fucked by DPS not knowing how to play their class. I have however, gotten fucked by tanks using DPS stance and healers over-DPSing.
>>
>>385542803
Because he's a tard who wants MUH 20 POTENCY
Every WAR OT i've met fucking spams butchers block it's not funny.
>>
>>385533270
These things are a meme and you shouldn't have to spend extra money on top of the monthly fee.
>>
>>385539773
add them to your blacklist
>>
>>385542556
I'm still able to double weave in the east coast while my dad plays WoW and my mother watches Netflix.
You'll be fine.
>>
File: 1500603593818.jpg (92KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
1500603593818.jpg
92KB, 600x390px
>>385542914
>I have never done a dungeon or trial or anything that got fucked by DPS not knowing how to play their class

>I have never done content with an enraged timer
>>
>>385542862

but you are eating american ''''cheese'''', which is even more disgusting
>>
>>385542914
>if you're tanking in tank stance, you're fucking up - Xenosys Vex

Off yourself casual.
>>
>>385543027
Name six times you've hit an enrage timer with all party members alive.

Oh, you can't. Because that only happens when the DPS can't even dodge simple AoEs.
>>
>>385542639
>>385542919
I just copied it from a thread and it came out even, but i didn't even check it really. like i said, i just got it to 70 after leveling it from 40.
>>
>>385539773
>had friends like this
>avoid them for a while
>check back on them after a year
>nothing's changed
I'm so glad I outgrew that shit, it's embarassing to think I might have stayed that way if I kept hanging around them.
>>
>>385542251
Yes that's exactly how people think and react anon. Keep doing whatever works for you, I've been playing for years and I've never had a problem, 90% of people change what they're doing when I explain what they are doing wrong.

>>385542605
Again, I've been playing since release and I'm not the one with problems over people sperging out.
>>
>>385542914
last week in o2s pug we had executed all mechanics perfectly with no deaths or fuck ups and we just couldn't get below 4% enrage, this is with food and peoples abilities.

had to disband as people were lacking in ilvl
>>
>>385541819
There is no excuse for you to not hit one button to increase damage for everyone especially since there is no penalty for it. Unless you can tell me what else brd uses their mp for... Oh wait.

>>385541868
And you will be rightfully kicked from the party along with the other trash players and be known for the shitter you are.
>>
>>385543167
Read your tooltips, as offtank you just do Eye -> Path -> Path -> Eye etc
You never touch BB as OT.
Even as MT you do something like Eye BB Path, because of the 20 Gauge Path grants.
>>
>>385542989
>dad plays WoW
How do I get my dad to get into FFXIV? He's computer-illiterate.
>>
>>385543152
>Name six times
Nigger you're being ridiculous and you know it.
But I have seen it happen in O4S PUGs with minimal deaths.
>>
>>385542734
You can tell people in your group.
>>
>>385543295
lmfao look at this little nigger who thinks an extra 100 damage is going to mean anything!! hahahahahhaahahaaaaa
>>
>>385543027
If no one dies, it's a very good chance you won't hit enrage. Unless you have a SMN who's not really sure what he's doing. My O1s pugged clear this week had a RDM who did 2700 dps, he died twice. We still cleared and teh top dps had 4k, I had 3.5 as MCH and I'm a shitter.
>>
>>385543323
Does he actually like Video Games?
>>
>>385543323
He never will unless he was already into video games
>>
>>385543286
There may have not been mechanic fuckups but there were definitely rotation fuckups if everyone was 320 and couldn't beat enrage.
>>
>>385543295
>wasting a GCD on Foe's in dungeons
>when I could be fishing for more Refulgent procs
>>
>>385543327
>with minimal deaths

You'd better be talking 0 deaths, because enrage timers are just checks to see that your DPS players weren't shit enough to die.
>>
>>385541962
>then the 10% of players that actually care about the combat would call it a ded gaem and just leave.

Is that why FFXI is dead too? Oh wait... the 10% players that actually care about the game and combat are still playing it. Catering to your loyal player base is never a bad thing.

Let the bads go be bad else where and let the virtuous and loyal player base remain to make their game full of purity.
>>
>>385543323
>tfw dad plays ffxiv
>all he does is craft and gather all day
>only wanted to do sb so he could get to the new gather points
>doesn't even do scrips at all
>>
>>385522131
Can someone explain why the netcode is so shitty? You have to start moving as soon as dumb lights appear or you get hit otherwise.
>>
I started playing not long ago, how do you guys measure dps?
>>
i tried some PotD on trial and there was a lady in nice boots, do you see more of her just in here? also does it have unique stuff to push for, like Nyzul Isle in FFXI?
>>
>>385543419
>>385543449
No he hates them.
>>
File: 1498429387129.jpg (43KB, 751x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498429387129.jpg
43KB, 751x500px
>>385543286
Lacking in skill perhaps. O2s was cleared on release day ny even casual statics
>>
>>385543542
Most likely healers not DPS'ing
>>
>>385542542
It does something it lets them know they actually are bad instead of pretending they're good.
>>
>>385543621
your dad sounds like a cool guy
>>
>>385543670
He will never play xiv with you anon
>>
>>385543621
he's having fun, don't be a dick.
>>
>>385543621
Scrip shit sucks so good on him.
>>
>>385543579
Xi is dead anon.
>>
>>385543579
Did ffxi have those 10% players keeping it alive its entire lifespan? I'm sure Square would just love to spend 10 years on an mmo with 10 000 players.

>>385543710
I don't know dude, if they're at least averagely intelligent I think they wouldn't even claim that they were good.
>>
>>385543710
Drunning-Kruger, they'll never see that they're doing something bad. Exception might be a sprout if they're not arrogant by nature, or haven't been tainted by shit mentors.

>>385543630
ACT.
>>
>>385543672
Can confirm, I'm in a fairly casual static and we cleared it on release day.
I'm not flexing my epeen I swear
>>
>>385542675
Except I do have brd at 70.

>>385542685
No, people will go to the strong horse and the strong horse always knows what they're doing. The cucks will flock to the other cucks and remain the shitters they are because they're amount others in their safe space, because I actually interact with people instead of saying hi when entering a dungeon and checking people's gear.

You the thing that only takes a second to do just like doing foes.
>>
>>385543909
Muh dk effect. Trust me, friend, you are no sweet genius.
>>
I just want to beat omega part 3 ;_;
>>
>>385544071
How am I saying I'm a genius, dipshit? It's common sense to see that in most of the players in this game.
>>
>>385543670
F
>>
>>385543883
>>385543850
>>385543713
We did manage to get him a clear on menagerie after 3 or 4 wipes tho but that was on everyone not him cause he was OT
>>
>>385544046
This post only proves to me you're a teenager who thinks the entire world is 4chan
>KEK
>SAFE SPACE!!!
Jesus Christ
>>
>>385542607
>Melee LB3 a mob that a caster LB3 does 75% damage to and is killed before magical hammer even goes off
You literally don't understand anything you're talking about
What a fucking waste of time
>>
>>385539392
>>385539395
>>385539751
FFXIV shitters in a nutshell right here.

Don't go into old as fuck content that has been farmed repeatedly without knowing jackshit about the fight because you're only going ot make yourself look like an ass and then be removed from the party for wasting everyone else's time.

Granted this only applies to relevant savage/extreme fights, for old fights that you just outgear, go nuts.
>>
>>385544346
>Don't go into old as fuck content that has been farmed repeatedly without knowing jackshit about the fight
>Granted this only applies to relevant savage/extreme fights, for old fights that you just outgear, go nuts.
wow
>>
File: smug_medic.jpg (12KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
smug_medic.jpg
12KB, 191x234px
>>385544169
Never met a person citing dk effect who didnt imagine himself towering above the plebs. I imagine in your head your are a top 1% of players.
>>
>>385544235
>but the numbers are higher!!
If your static has any desire to clear anything more difficult than Creator tier content, they'd do well to replace you with someone with situational awareness.
>>
>>385542914
I have plenty of times. As I said not only did I ran int dumbass tanks that didn't pop cds in Doma and brds that didn't do foes, but also some players didn't do their aoes.

Like this fucking sam I kicked a few days ago. The fucking same was only doing single mob rotation and never once did his aoe rotation. When I called him out on it he was like dude liek leave me alone. Then I fucking point out that the early 50's quest teach you to aoe to the point that the sam mentor even tells you to use aoe on multiple mobs. How the fuck do you get to 65 and not know how to aoe on sam when the damn job quest lines tell you how to?
>>
>>385544480
I'm average, I'm not arrogant enough to see myself as a 1% of the playerbase. You must be projecting to think that.
>>
>>385544480
>Top 1% of players
>Highly inflated numbers from having ASTs feeding balance
>SSS """"""parses""""" that are heavily inflated and only work on the dummy whereas using them in a real scenario would fuck you over for the rest of the fight

hmmmmmmm
>>
>>385535747
Dammit stop fucking running away!
>>
>>385543246
So you do admit that even you don't know being nice to them affected their playstyle. If you're nice and they don't change then it is a waste, but if you're tough on them and they don't change then it isn't a waste because they will know they're shit and shall be held with contempt by the other player base.
>>
>>385530421
>V2S with static doing long drop
>BLM in position, levitate but doesn't get knocked back
"lol glitch"
>MNK does same in another run
"lol glitch"
>Me as WAR
>pop inner release because it's up
>obviously doesn't knock me away
"l-lol glitch"
>>
>>385544451
Content in ffxiv is consumed extremely fast and takes a while to come out. Susano/lakshmi are the current extreme primals but they are done to death, so much to the point that every party in cross PF is just a farm, no clears no bonus. That is what I meant.
>>
>>385544482
Nigger the Apanda can be killed during the pull when you caster LB3 him, your healers couldn't do 1800 potency damage in the 2 GCD's he survived if they were fuckin Fell Cleaving him

You are a complete and utter shitter; tell me more about how you're progressing on Neo Exdeath when you don't even understand o3s
>>
>>385544346
I'll never watch a vid on new content or even read a guide on new shit, that ruins most of the fun.
However if people are doing old content and didn't even look the shit up that is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>385532926
>Miner
>Making a fortune

Oh Tataru
>>
File: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404[1].jpg (78KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404[1].jpg
78KB, 470x595px
>>385544897
>join a no clear/no bonus party
>they realise and we do it anyway
>we wipe and back out
>they kick someone that isn't me

Devilish
>>
>>385543167
2nd post on http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/332393-War-opener?p=4247565. Only difference lately is inner release doesn't cost gauge so you should be fitting in 2 onslaughts in every inner release berserk in addition to 6 fell cleaves and a thrill of battle buffed upheaval.
>>
File: 1497586490030.jpg (430KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497586490030.jpg
430KB, 1280x720px
>>385533839
The FC near mine just hangs around ERP'ing by the market board. I'm still haunted by the custom emote I saw from a Fem Lala that said "Touches your tip with her tiny hand"
>>
>>385535641
>tfw I just beat Final Steps of Faith and I'm level 66
The EXP you get from these roulettes is ridiculous. How do people have such a hard time leveling up their alts?
>>
>>385545028
>your healers couldn't do 1800 potency damage in the 2 GCD's
It isn't just healers you fucking mong, it's the entire party. Easily more than 1800 potency. Stop feigning retardation, you're just being disingenuous at this point because you don't want to admit you didn't think this shit through.
>>
>>385545345
It's the MSQ xp and iirc increased dungeon xp for 1-49 dungeons that buffed you up so much.
>>
>>385543364
>>385543550
Damage increase is damage increase. There is no excuse to not use foes and allowing bad players to be bad breeds nothing but more bad players. Next thing you know, you shitter apologist will be saying healers shouldn't cure because you don't get one shot and tanks shouldn't pop their defensive cds because they're in tank stance.

>>385544201
No actually I'm just a guy that lives in a blue state and knows what happens when you let bad people behave and continue to be bad such as no law and order and tolerating wrong things such as the lgbt and illegals.
>>
>>385544774
Like I said, they change most of the time. No one wants to be bad, some people just don't know what they are doing but will try out advice. If they get talked shit on they will get defensive though, it's only natural. I just remain neutral and tell them shit like "Hey medica2 gives a nice regen status but actually costs more mana and heals less than medica1, so normally it's better to use medica1 if everyone already has regen. Maybe you didn't notice, a lot of people don't." Most people take the advice and even thank me. And I don't get all frustrated over nothing.
>>
>>385545506
Your "advice" is passive agressive as fuck.
>>
>>385545576
Whatever, maybe it is but it works.
>>
>tfw no /v/ FFXIV friends

>>385522995
Being able to play as a cute catgirl is one of the best parts, though. I was pretty close to going for a Hyur.
>>
>>385545506
There are plenty of people who want to be bad, because if they cared about not being bad they would look shit up. I shouldn't have to tell some guy how to play a job when all it takes is one second in duckduckgo or reading the tooltips.

>>385545576
His "advice" is the cowards way. There is no honesty in what he is saying and that is why people won't take what he says seriously because there is no impact behind his words. To other players what his "advice" will be is nothing but air and/or just some words no different than reading a guide on how to play.

That's why you have to be direct and just call them out for being the shitters they are.
>>
>>385522131
Any MMO that has console players in it will result in a lot of shit players. Every time you run into someone truly awful they're always on PS4.
>>
>>385545410
What do you mean it's the whole party?
What's the whole party doing that gives them more damage when the NIN LBs but not when RDM LBs?
Is your static just standing around with their thumb up their ass while the RDM LBs?
Nigger. what. are. you. talking. about.
>>
>>385545482
>I'm a /pol/tard who insists on pushing my beliefs on everyone no matter how unfounded they are
Got it
>>
>>385544897
3 months isn't exactly long for patches.

for comparison, other MMOs like WoW and Ragnarok Online would take much longer for patches to come out and they were consumed just as fast by the NEETs.
>>
>when your group has more than 2 melee for halicarnassus and your tanks aren't on diagonally opposite tiles so both melee can hit apanda easily without too much position

end me.
>>
>>385545482
this post explains a lot
>>
>>385545970
Everyone has a belief system. No amount of being nice or whatever is going to change their bad ways.

As a i said, if a player really cares about playing their job they'll look it up or ask pro players. Otherwise call them out for being bad and make it direct and known they're bad.
>>
>>385546294
And nobody asked for yours. We're talking about the game, not some manchild's inane ramblings
>>
>>385545918
Apanda. Dies. Faster.
Party. Focuses. Boss. Faster.
If you still can't piece this shit together you seriously need to take your meds.
>>
>>385545880
Not that guy but dude, if I treated my students who are shit at the subject I teach the way you treat people, no one would ever learn anything and everyone would hate me.

>>385546294
>As a i said, if a player really cares about playing their job they'll look it up or ask pro players

Yeah, link newbie tanks to Xeno's videos, fuck yeah. It's a fucking game and people have jobs and shit to do, not everyone wants to mull over youtube videos and google docs to play a fucking game. Run your fucking roulettes with your FC members and stop being ridiculous
>>
File: 45346326526.jpg (28KB, 472x414px) Image search: [Google]
45346326526.jpg
28KB, 472x414px
>>385545880
Sure thing anon, you're right, you win the argument. I'll go back to playing my game where I never have any hassle with this kind of shit and you can go back to yours where you can spam chat about shitters and retards and keep getting frustrated, you seem to enjoy it. Or maybe you'd like to stick around and cry a bit more about it? It's fine either way, here I made you a medal.
>>
>>385533706
>proud of playing the easiest class in the game

sad
>>
Elezen male, E female, or Miqote female? I don't care about being hipster and I don't slutglam I just want to look good doing most things.
>>
Why the fuck wouldn't you use Foe's as a bard? It makes you do more damage
>>
>>385546294
>paying $15 a month to have a second job
>>
File: ayy.jpg (60KB, 730x195px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
60KB, 730x195px
Is Standard Synthesis COMPLETELY obsolete?
>>
>>385546651
Yes, for CUL only.
>>
>>385546631
>paying $15 a month to be shit and waste other peoples' time
>>
>>385543630
how big is your dick after the boss goes down? Measure length (8 inches is minimum) and girth (think soda can width as minimum). If you're there you're doing fine.
>>
>>385543630
ACT or SSS
>>
>>385546608
Elezen males or catsluts. Elf girls look pretty hideous.
>>
>>385522131
when you think everyone else is retarded, it usually means you yourself are retarded.......
>>
>>385546697
fucker, made me check
>>
>>385546729
Your personality sucks ass. People play games to have fun.
>>
>>385547017
I have fun when my time isn't being wasted by fuckers who can't read.
>>
>>385546383
No, we're talking about bad players being bad and you apologist defending bad players.

>>385546517
>>385546631

Wew you heard it hear guys. Looking up a youtube video guide on how to play your class is now a job. Shit nigga, hitting a link on Xeno's video is too hard. Guess all those fatty foods makes it too hard to reach your mouse over to click on a link boys!

>>385546550
Good, you can go back to your single player game where you kind belongs. In fact, I suggest you go play FFXII the Zodiac Age that came out awhile go. You can even play bad without inconveniencing 3-7 other players.
>>
>>385546608
I think FemElezen are pretty cue, but you'll have a harder time trying to find glamour for them
In terms of best to worst
Miqote F > Elezen M > Elezen F
>>
>>385547119
>and he's a Xeno worshipper on top of it all
delightful
>>
>>385545318

That legit sounds more like meme fuckery than actual ERP.
>>
>>385547119
> Guess all those fatty foods makes it too hard to reach your mouse over to click on a link boys!
projection.
>>
>>385547272
the lines start to blur when lalas are involved
>>
>>385538196
Foes is rarely worth it on trash. Maybe on really big pulls but the ten seconds doesn't allow for much.
>>
>>385546409
>Meteor (BLM) Deals unaspected damage with a potency of 6150 to all enemies near point of impact.

>Final Heaven (MNK) Executes a single target attack with a potency of 9000.

Why waste some of the lb damage when you can hit both the panda and the boss and kill it just as fast?

Recently my group doesn't reliably have lb and we just lb the boss after the apanda dies anyway.
>>
>>385546651

It was obsolete in fucking ARR.
>>
>>385546651
Half of your crafting abilities are fucking useless. Which is fine.
>>
>>385547119
Imagine getting THIS flustered over "bad" players and telling people to watch Youtube videos, read guides, and create excel spreadsheets. LOL
>>
>>385547358
Dude don't even bother
>>
Why is everyone so bad at the game?
>>
>>385547234
You missed the point. It doesn't take a genius to look up shit on how to play said job. Looking up shit on the internet is now work. Holy shit!

>>385547304
Oh I thought I was giving off contempt. I guess I should be more passive aggressive like you. I'm sure people will take it more seriously if I say it like a pussy instead of being direct and honest.

>>385547350
You should be doing big pulls. If not get your lazy tank to stop being bad and do big pulls, and even then you should still be doing big pulls so that way it is less time moving between packs. Which means less experience you're earning from the chain and less time to que up again.

And 10 seconds is a lot. Just like popping Hollowed is a lot even though they only last for only a mesely 10 seconds...

>>385547535
You have to have passion to care and change.
>>
>>385548054
the face of autism
>>
>>385548054
>Oh I thought I was giving off contempt. I guess I should be more passive aggressive like you
Ironically, you're already being passive aggressive.
>>
>>385547358
Meteor does 5400 damage.
It's hitting 2 targets, so it's 10800 damage, compared to melee LB3's 9000 damage.
There's a 1800 potency difference.
You more than make up for this difference in damage by having the OT and healers spend less time tanking Apanda, and more time damaging the boss, as well as keeping the caster's casts going. The animation lock from LB3 is more detrimental to caster DPS than it is to melee DPS.
Thread posts: 522
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.