[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus fucking christ, this is much worse than I thought it would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: Ff10_logo.jpg (781KB, 1775x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Ff10_logo.jpg
781KB, 1775x1152px
Jesus fucking christ, this is much worse than I thought it would be. It barely lets me play and mostly shows cutscenes interspersed with battles (which don't seem losable anyway), but for that I was ready. But the "story" it focuses on is something special. There's bad writing, but then there's this sort of non-writing. What the fuck is this shit? Are writers 13? This is fanfiction. Nothing the characters do is ever motivated and nothing has consequences either. Jesus christ, some random shit is happening in a vacuum. A painful cliche appears, goes nowhere and is immediately forgotten. Characters do stupid shit out of the blue with no consequences. This is a dream-like experience. FFIX or VII were no literary or cinematic masterpieces, but they were nothing like that.
>>
>>385513776
>What the fuck is this shit? Are writers 13? This is fanfiction
This is literally twilight except a ghost instead of a vampire, no world exploration everything is way too straightforward and characters are boring., so yes it's not good
>>
How the fuck do I make Kimahri work?
>>
>>385513776
i don't agree, and i feel like you're being a contrarian.

>>385513915
he's got no self identity as a playable character.
>>
>>385513915
You don't, he is the worst character in the game
>>
>>385513915
you use lancet to get enemy skills for his overdrive, he can do some cool stuff with that, besides that he's just a weaker version of whoever you choose him to be
>>
Lol if you think it sounds like fanfiction you need to check out the audio "sequel" or whatever the fuck they call it. I think it's in the HD remaster after you complete the game. Short story about what happens way after FFX-2.
>>
File: 1451917424856.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451917424856.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>385513776
I...like it.
>>
File: Brother.jpg (845KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Brother.jpg
845KB, 1080x1080px
Who was the Charlie of FFX-2's Charlie's angels? Brother or Buddy?
>>
>>385514049
>i don't agree, and i feel like you're being a contrarian.
Really? I'm not the one failing to capitalize my fucking Is.
>>
>this is a dream-like experience
Hhhhehehehe
>>
>>385513776
You were warned OP. Final Fantasy X is just proto--XIII.
>>
>>385515247
Except this one has a crapton of fanboys that hates on 13 when it has the same faults as 10, butin 10 those are seen as qualities
>>
>>385514675
What the fuck does typing like a retard have to do with contrarianism you fucking autist?
>>
>>385515342
The linearity in FFX is justified by the pilgrimage.
>>
>>385515407
>it's shit on purpose
>>
>>385515407
Like fucking clockwork
>>
File: dexter.png (381KB, 505x550px) Image search: [Google]
dexter.png
381KB, 505x550px
>>385513776
>>385515342
>only played the SNES FF games and 7
>hear everyone complain about 13 but praise 10
>decide to play 10
>it's a literal hallway, filled with the worst minigames to ever see the light of day, horrible unlikeable characters, and utterly retarded plot that makes no sense despite years of study
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. Just like how most of the faggots on this board think Wind Waker is the best Zelda.
>>
>>385513915
Put him down Rikku's path so you can steal things early and have two thief characters when you finally do get Rikku.
>>
This thread is b8. A third of the replies aren't even from unique posters.
>>
>>385513776
>no mention of the characters design

fuck off
>>
>people fucking defend ffx
the game is a fucking hallway, the battles are overlong as fuck, the story and voice acting are retarded, tidus is a fucking moron, the accents are somehow worse than even the most unbearable ones in dragon quest, the random battles are tedious and repetitious as fuck, and the puzzles are embarrassingly stupid.
>>
>>385516161
It's comfy.
>>
>>385516161
The battle system is solid IMO, but I can't stand the sphere grid.
>>
>>385516161
At its time of release it was basically a masterpiece. Incredible graphics for the stage of the PS2 era it was in, phenomenal soundtrack which is great even now, an actually loveable cast that isn't just VII and VIII's EDGY DARK HERO (who has an even more convoluted backstory). Its diversity of races was above the other FFs at the time, and it was the first FF in proper 3D, unlike IX's pseudo-3D (which was basically just an isometric view panned slightly further down, locking you into one camera angle).

At least it had fucking voice acting.
>>
>>385516562
>it was basically a masterpiece
Never was
>At least it had fucking voice acting.
How does that make it better
>>
>>385516664
>Never was
Was too
>How does that make it any better
Because the retard who made the post pointed out voice acting
>>
>>385516745
no voice acting > bad voice acting
>>
I'm liking it.
>>
>>385513776

You didn't make even one objective criticism in your whole post OP. Unless you're willing to bother giving some intelligent opinions then fuck off you moron.
>>
>>385513915
If on standard grid, park him near ultima, save a few blk magic spheres and wait for lv. 4 key spheres. On expert grid, don't bother
>>
>>385515674

You should've listened to us, who said FFX was the death of Final Fantasy. Its new fans, who knew nothing of the series, were shocked, I repeat, shocked that Tidus died and demanded that Square make a happy ending. They were screaming for a sequel to a fucking Final Fantasy of all things. Like the name says, it's supposed to be the final and most important story of a setting. There are no do-overs.

X-2 was actually good once I gave it its first real chance after XIII-2 and didn't ragequit it at the start. Funny how that goes.
>>
>>385516917
>objective criticism
give one objective criticism to any game ever
>>
>>385517285
What he meant was, "you didn't say anything positive about this game, so your opinion is not valid"
>>
>>385516562
I'd say it was a very ambitious project, but in no way a masterpiece.

>Horrendous character design for the most part.
>Gimmicky boss fights.
>Awful puzzles.

The plot is what you'd expect from a FF game, but given that they managed to give Yuna a decent design and Yunalesca a good boss battle, you could expect much more from the rest of the game.
>>
>>385517624
>horrendous character design
And the games before it were any better? Half the side characters in previous FFs were just rehashes of something else in the series. Characters like Lulu just came out around the time where belts and shit were king in newer games/anime, and Haseo the Belt God was right around the corner. Half of IX was furries, VIII was just 'insert edge' and the occasional Yuffie being LOLRANDOMXD, VII is just 'insert edge' 0.5 which also featured a vampire. Go even further down the FF line and characters didn't even have distinguishable designs.

>Gimmicky boss fights
And shit like Emerald Weapon pure RNG/Diablo being easier the earlier you fight him weren't gimmicky?

>awful puzzles
I prefer awful puzzles but with a clear attempt over nothing at all. At least it added flavour.
>>
>>385518194
Meant Selphie, not Yuffie.
>>
>>385516161
>battles are overlong as fuck
>can beat most things in 7 turns to maximize party AP gain
>animations are quick

I like how you brought up battles twice too.
>>
At least its better than 12, but all the Enix games are garbage tier.
>>
>>385518875
>Enix
>>
>>385518875
>At least its better than 12,
the bait posts are strong here
>>
>>385518875
The only thing 10 has in common with 12 is that it's called Final Fantasy.
>>
>>385515674
The series peak was 5-6-7. 10 and 13 are fucking god awful games design and story wise while 12 was fucked by corporate shenanigans and poor planning.

15 is the best one we've gotten since 9, and that's only because it's deeply flawed but enjoyable. It's really pathetic.
>>
File: Seymour-enemy-ffx.png (277KB, 545x759px) Image search: [Google]
Seymour-enemy-ffx.png
277KB, 545x759px
>>385517624
>Horrendous character design for the most part
What were they thinking?
>>
>>385519229
>sandals with stockings
>>
>>385519229
I think a good rule of thumb for most FFX designs is that most of them would be decent if you removed three to four design elements. Give Seymour a normal hairstyle, shirt, and shoes and his design is ten times better.
>>
>>385513776
You have significant brain damage, don't you?
>>
>>385513776
I can't fucking believe this game is praised for being one of the 'best' rpg. It's shilled so fucking hard in the west. with it 'good' story and 'amazing' characters.

Fuck Final Fantasy, does not fucking deserve the amount of fame and sales it gets. These shit series is just all fucking nostalgia.
>>
>>385513915
All he's really good for is steal early. If I had to use him, I'd probably take him down Yuna's route, since there are chunks of the game where she's gone and it might be nice to have a healer, plus her strong magic growth plays well with lancet.
>>
>half the posters are samefags
It's not even a third anymore. Fucking lmao
>>
File: seymour.png (300KB, 545x759px) Image search: [Google]
seymour.png
300KB, 545x759px
>>385519229
>>385519415
I mean, you could still do with a bit more revision to the "shirt," but this sure as fuck isn't as gaudy.
>>
>>385516225
This, listening to Besaid islands theme and walking through the waterfalls is really nice.
>>
>>385519867

Xehanort?
>>
>>385516161
Tidus is annoying, but he's a good character.
Meanwhile the rest of your party is filled with cardboard cutouts masquerading as characters.
>>
>>385519995
Congratulations, you've realized that almost every Nomura villain design is the same fucking guy with a slightly different haircut. Please also notice that Xehanort is basically just Sephiroth with a tan and no bangs.
>>
>>385519415
>>385519867
It's too late, anons. Seymour is already an iconic design, despite looking fucking stupid.
>>
>>385514628
>implying it wasn't the kid
>>
File: BlitzballArt.png (98KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
BlitzballArt.png
98KB, 240x240px
>>385520051
i'd argue that Auron is pretty decent as well.
everyone else is kind of lacking though, i agree.
>>
>>385520142
You say iconic, but outside of his hair I think most people would struggle to even scribble a vague simile of his likeness. I honestly forgot about the chest tattoos, yellow fish net, and sandals.
>>
>>385520259
Auron pretends to have depth by alluding to his backstory, but he's about as deep as Wakka when you get down to it. Lulu and Khimari are the worst offenders, and Rikku is the most frustrating because they start out by treating her like a person before transitioning her into a one-note prop.
>>
>>385513776
Even if you don't like the gameplay it is still possibly the most beautiful FF to date.
>>
>>385521726
No, that's 13.
Unfortunately.
>>
>>385521726
>>385521836
>implying it's not 9
>>
>>385521945
>furry fantasy simulator
>>
>>385522076
inb4 6-fag ruining yet another FF thread with their shitty taste.
>>
>mfw i was one of the few who actually loved blitzball and played the everloving fuck out of it
FFX had it's problems but, nostalgiafagging or no, it's still probably one of if not my favorite Final Fantasy game. It also had the COOLEST summoning system and summoning animations out of any of them. I really want to get the HD remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk5MQS3Tino
>>
>>385522248
Blitzball has been the only minigame I could stomach in any FF. It got really easy after a while because of how busted you could make some characters, but I still loved it all the same.
>>
The most ironic thing about Final Fantasy is that all of the games since X have been hilariously mediocre, save XIV.

XIV is actually the most true to form when it comes to the Final Fantasy series, as the story it tells is appealing and majority of the elements still a wow factor mixed with lots of originality.

I was skeptical at first because
>MMO
and part of it does feel generic, but with all of the different jobs and everything coupled with a great story, XIV was really good.
>>
>>385522248
aeons were fucking awesome the first time you got to use them.
>>
>>385522746
By the 3rd time the animations got old.
>>
>>385513776
t. contrarian
>>
File: Not an Argument.jpg (69KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
Not an Argument.jpg
69KB, 598x792px
>this whole post of buzzwords and not a single argument in sight.

Sure buddy.
>>
>>385515342
WRONG you fucking mouthbreather.

The difference is that FFX has concise, turn-based combat.

Have you played FFXIII? The combat is an absolute abortion.
>>
>>385513776
>killing sin in one hit with zanmato from yojimbo

Good times
>>
>>385523892
Oh don't pretend like you fucking care, you ass. People have presented nuanced arguments about this shit for years. You know where it gets them? Zero discussion, a dead thread, and fanboys bitching about how everyone who has any beef with X is a hater the very next thread.

It's always like this. That's just /v/. The kind of people who demand arguments refuse to actually engage in discussion and scurry away the second any sort of rational discourse is presented.
>>
>>385519995
That's nuts
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.