[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/, what RPG games force you to die at the start? Whether

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.jpg (22KB, 236x291px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.jpg
22KB, 236x291px
Hey /v/, what RPG games force you to die at the start? Whether it be from a boss or anything like that. I need examples.
>image not releated
>>
Bump'o.
>>
>>385511739
Bump'o: The Sequel
>>
>>385511343
Paper Mario
>>
Final Fantasy 3, I guess
>>
>>385512106
How early does it happen? I need some reference footage but don't want to play like two hours to get to it.
>>
>>385512182
Oh no it's a Youtuber
>>
>>385512327
A lazy one at that, no wait that's redundant
>>
>>385511343
Winnie The Pooh's Home Run Derby
>>
>>385512327
Not a YouTuber but alright.
>>
>>385512432
+1
>>
>>385512327

Editing and collecting stuff for your videos aint lazy at all. You know how long that shit takes?
>>
>>385511343

Demon's Souls
>>
>>385512505
I was thinking more turn based RPG's but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>385512182

My bad, it's actually FF2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K60_OWEpdzQ

It's literally the first battle on the game
>>
>>385512648
Thanks a lot dude.
>>
Mass Effect 2 - main character lazily killed so you can remodel him in a new game, oh and I guess Jesus motif

Planescape Torment - you wake up after dying at the start. you don't actually do combat or see how you died iirc.
>>
jade cocoon, though it only happens during a dream sequence
>>
>>385512729
Thanks for the suggestions duder. I don't remember Shep dying at the end of ME1 though.
>>
I swear if I see a youtube video about this topic with these same games I'll laugh my ass off.
>>
>>385512786
He doesn't. I said mass effect 2. He's killed and cerebrus revives him early on.
>>
>>385513005
Right, my bad. I thought he had a shit death in ME1 and then brought back someway in ME2.
>>
Bloodborne
You have to die if you want to level up and go to the hub and pick up your starting gear
>>
Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption
Do your own homework in future
>>
File: 1492657912274.jpg (129KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492657912274.jpg
129KB, 556x720px
Demon's souls for the start, game puts you against an impossible to kill boss and forces you to die to advance the game's premise.

Breath of fire 3 you get knocked out pretty early on and then about 3 hours later your party gets tko'd by a boss.

Mass effect 2 kills you in the first 5 minutes, but it's done strictly through cut scenes and not game play.

I think blue dragon kills you really early on, but I'm actually not sure about that

Also in Dark souls forces a death, but it's in the third act. You have to die against a boss to access his actual boss area, but it is possible to glitch the game to bypass the first battle with that boss.

>>385513582
But that's wrong, you can light the central yarhnam lantern and get to Hunter's dream without having to die if you run past the first two enemies of the game. You aren't forced to die, it's just slightly stacked against you
>>
File: FUCK YOU BIOWARE.jpg (427KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU BIOWARE.jpg
427KB, 900x900px
>>385514106
>but it's done strictly through cut scenes and not game play
>>
Doesn't phantom brave kill you on your first battle?
>>
>>385511343
Tales of Vesperia has a boss that you can beat or die to and it ends with you still being captured. Is rather difficult for one of the game's first encounters.
>>
>>385512492
Lying around all day having my manservant bring me rum drinks isn't lazy at all. Do you know how long that takes? It's the entire day!
>>
Breath of Fire II.
>>
Golden Sun 1 has an unbeatable fight at the start
>>
Enderal
>>
>>385514370
It's one hell of an intro though.
>>
>>385514106
>Demon's souls for the start, game puts you against an impossible to kill boss and forces you to die to advance the game's premise.
you can beat him tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3uoMdb767Y
>>
File: IMG_2241.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2241.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
In Breath of Fire 3 Balio Sunder burn down your house and beat you and your friends, leaving you thinking they are dead.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.