[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jak 2 is the best 3D platformer of all time, it has story, great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Jak_II_front_cover_(US).png (2MB, 760x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Jak_II_front_cover_(US).png
2MB, 760x1079px
Jak 2 is the best 3D platformer of all time, it has story, great gameplay, great graphics, cool characters, boobs, variety, challenge. Prove me wrong, pro tip you can't
>>
>>385510953
Jak 3 is better, though. And it doesn't have shit turret sections.
>>
>>385510953
That isn't Crash Bandicoot 2.
>>
>>385510953
It isn't
>>385510990
It isn't
>>
jak 2 is a fun game but as a platformer it sucks.

1 was the only good platforming game
>>
File: 766548.jpg (45KB, 538x426px) Image search: [Google]
766548.jpg
45KB, 538x426px
>tfw still havnt beat hero mode to this day
>>
>>385510953
I assure you I love this game more than you but a saying that is just plain ignorant, you haven't played every single 3D platformer ever made so its a baseless statement.
>>
>>385511104
yes I have
>>
>>385510990
Jak 3 Keira is almost completely left from the story, too much driving and it just isn't as good as Jak 2, it's more like a Jak 2 DLC
>>
>>385510953
Post those boobs, if you're so great.
>>
>>385511308
>>
File: Jak_from_Jak_II_render.png (558KB, 855x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Jak_from_Jak_II_render.png
558KB, 855x1146px
Look at this god-tier design
>>
Jak II is tedious and unfun.
>>
>>385511832
god i miss jak so much
ND can you please stop this fucking uncharted crap seriously
>>
>>385510953
Trying to reason with Jak 2 fanboys is so pointless. They lack the mental capacity to see past their nostalgia for when they were 13 and listening to Linkin Park.

J&D in an all-time classic with universal appeal - great game design, huge amounts of charm and a clear focus on executing a specific type of gameplay very well.

Jak 2 was an ugly, unfocused mess that threw out the platforming focus of the first game in favor of being a third-rate GTA clone because that's what their teenage focus group said they wanted. It is one of the worse sequels of all time, and has served an example ever since of how NOT to follow up a classic.
>>
>>385512036
This. Any form of criticism and it's back to "git gud" or some other deflection.

The repeated turret missions, racing missions and missions where you just hunt X amount of the same thing just feel like game lengtheners and are shit. Also the open "world" in this game is one of the blandest I've played, literally nothing to do besides travel between missions and collect orbs. Missions are also spaced far apart so you have to travel 5 minutes between each mission.
>>
>>385512036
Jak 1 was short and easy
>>
>>385512804
That doesn't mean it's bad, nor does it detract from what he said.
>>
File: 562002-secret_agent_clank_12.jpg (43KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
562002-secret_agent_clank_12.jpg
43KB, 800x624px
>>385510953
analysis of this thread reveals that OP is indeed a faggot.
>>
>>385510953
It's honestly very mixed. Its attempt to ape the trappings of GTA in the context of Naughty Dog's world were pretty well assembled, but when they fell apart, they fell apart hard. I do think the weapon system was pretty solid, and it had some phenomenal platforming sections, but the vehicles were a real mixed bag and the Dark Jak aspect felt unrefined. I liked it better in 3.
>>
I like all three Jak games pretty much equally

A lot of people were disappointed by Jak II. I wasn't. It was pretty much what I expected. Naughty Dog have always prioritised presentation over gameplay, and always chased whatever was the latest design trends and contemporary 'tude. While I wouldn't call any of the games classics, there were all guilty pleasures that were easy to pick up and play like Uncharted.

Come with low expectations and you'll have a good time. I did.
>>
>>385514262
But J&D IS a classic you total pleb. It's the best 3D platformer that doesn't have the word Mario in the title.
>>
>>385514516
I found the worlds and characters in J&D pretty bland compared to Banjo-Kazooie. But it was still a solid platformer.
>>
I stopped playing Jak 1 at 49% in the 2nd HUB world. I'm anal about completing things and that game feels like busywork. I just needed a game to break up the long stretches of RPGs and Jak 1 was the worst thing I could have played. BORING.

The music was the 2nd biggest factor, thank Christ that person didn't compose shit for new NaughtyDog games. Jak 1 relied on ambiance and holy crap it was repeated 10 note tracks non-stop that helped kill the mood than get you energized. I say this despite having wanting to play the Jak games when I was young but never having the cash, now playing them I just fucking wanna cut myself.

Jak 2 HD is next on my list. The missions are OK so far but the GTA style hub is cancer because of the bumper cars and spawning cops in front of you so you can't get to point A to B without being super extra careful.

I'm gonna hang this up if I get one more time trial "story" mission that involve bumper car racing to one side of the map with cops that can spawn in front of you out of fucking nowhere and head straight to Jak 3. Only reason I haven't done so is I actually find Daxter to be funny enough to keep me going. It's odd too, since I was expecting to like the pure platformer Jak 1 over the others. It's just how fucking boring and "gamey" Jak 1 feels, errand after errand and formulaic. And despite its problems, Jak 2 speaking is better than how out of place Jak 1 is muted.
>>
>>385510953
>great gameplay
very few of the gameplay additions are actually any good
guns suck, vehicles suck, the open world is completely pointless and less technically impressive than the previous game
>>
>>385510953
>Prove me wrong, pro tip you can't
Should be added to a universal ban list next to defend this.
>>
>>385515718
>It's just how fucking boring and "gamey" Jak 1 feels
Die
>>
>>385515816
I can get back to Mario Galaxy 1 and Mario Sunshine one. They have energy. Jak 1 feels stale. The moment you exit the 1st hub world in Jak 1, you know the whole thing is going to repeat on hub 2 and hub 3. Jak 1 is boring, very boring. When was the last time you played it?
>>
>>385516316
it'd probably be better for you if you were better at video games
give it a try
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.